Start by marking “Invisible Fears (Kelly McAllister #1)” as Want to Read:
Invisible Fears (Kelly McAllister #1)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Invisible Fears (Invisible Recruits #6)

He’s a preternatural fighting for the humans.

She's a human fighting for the preternaturals.

Kelly McAllister’s Invisible Recruit mission in Sierra Leone is to locate and secure a threat to humans and preternaturals. Van Noziak is also there, with his own secret mission, one that’s on a collision course with Kelly’s. In deepest Africa the race against a deadly bloom reveals
Published June 15th 2014 by Cantwell Publishing, LLC (first published May 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Invisible Fears, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invisible Fears

Donna Moore
Jun 23, 2014 Donna Moore rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys Urban Fantasy
WOW,.... This is the first word that comes to mind in trying to write a review of a Mary Buckham book! Mary's writing style is so vivid she immerses you completely into her story .It's as though you are seeing everything through the eyes of each character. That said this book is Kelly's story. Kelly blue-eyes is a kindergarten teacher who is still able to view the world through rose colored glasses...or is she?? In this the 6th book in the series and Kelly is sent to lead a mission to retrieve ...more
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
There were times I felt I had missed something (the characters all have established relationships). When I checked and noted this was book 4 (but the first with this protagonist), that explained that feeling. Once I got over that, I enjoyed it. Bit of a surprise in regards to Carrie. Very little romance in this one (a kiss at the end). I did like that it was set in Africa. I liked Kelly and thought her ability would be frustrating.
Claudia
Sep 05, 2014 Claudia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riveting Fast-paced Jungle Adventure

This exciting story navigates you through plot twists to an unexpected ending and will leave you breathless with it's rapid pace. I had to read Kelly's captivating adventure in one sitting. Bullets flying, survival, revenge, self-doubt, betrayal, shifters, pregonizants and wild animals on a mission quest do not deter the lovely Kelly McAllister from self discovery or keep her from thinking of a sexy man.

The powerful descriptive ability this author displays rai
Denise Keef
Nov 13, 2014 Denise Keef rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a member of an elite group called Invisible Recruits, Kelly McAllister…daughter…sister…ex kindergarten teacher is leading her first mission of a group of agents in Freeport in Sierra Leone. Their objective: find an “orkeos” or an “orchid”… before it falls into the wrong hands and the world of humans and preternaturals is threatened. Not knowing exactly what the orchid looks like makes this mission extremely difficult and dangerous.
This story is filled with danger, intrigue lies and treachery
Mustang
Jan 10, 2016 Mustang rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I truly did not know what to expect out of this book, a friend had told me to give it a try!

I love the premise of the book and IR team of Invisible recruits set up to protect humankind. Of course it all begins with Kelly who use to be a kindergarten teacher, leading this op, but is being shadowed by one of her partners brother who is a shape shifter!

They were given the assignment to find the orchid and following the only two people who knows its existence are a missionary team who in the middl
Carmen Fox
Jun 21, 2014 Carmen Fox rated it it was amazing
I was sucked into the story after the first two paragraphs. Seriously, I remember it started with a vivid description of smell, and then woosh, Africa, action, mystery, preternaturals, twist, relationship, more action, twist, bam, and the roller-coaster ride was over.

Kelly McAllister has left her kindergarden teacher days far behind her. Far behind. Well, okay. Perhaps not that far. She's still a kind, nurturing person, but she has an edge to her I found incredibly endearing. Determined, she le
Ginger Calem
Jul 03, 2014 Ginger Calem rated it it was amazing
Another great book in Mary Buckham's Invisible Recruits series. This time, it's Kelly McAllister's turn to have the limelight, only there isn't much limelight shining in the sweltering, danger-filled jungle of Sierra Leone. Invisible Fears grabbed me on page one and the quick pace never stopped.

One thing I truly loved about this book was the strong message that strength comes from compassion and loyalty. Kelly's ability to be kind and think positive is not a sign of weakness, but of her ultimat
Rakki
Jul 27, 2014 Rakki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad but I prefer Alex

This wasn't a bad book. It's just different than what I've grown used to in this series. This is like a first book in a series where you know more about the characters. Kelly is more of an intelligent character. She's not tough and she doesn't really fight. This book had a good moving story but it does lack action. At least the action we are used to seeing in an IR book. The author goes into a little detail on Kelly's power but gives no answers. Nothing that was learned
Claudia
Sep 05, 2014 Claudia rated it it was amazing

The powerful descriptive ability this author displays raises the bar for Urban Fantasy! I hav
Laz the Sailor
I was going to rate this as 2-stars, but reading the other reviews below I realized that part of my disappointment was due to my own expectations. This was part of the Last Hero Standing collection, and all of the others have been hot and steamy. This one qualifies as "hot and steamy" only because it takes place in the jungle.

Otherwise, it was just a scavenger hunt with lots of participants that we learn almost nothing about. There are varying degrees of tension - and "Oh is s/he sexy looking" -
Ramona Plant
Aug 26, 2014 Ramona Plant rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite series ever. I love learning more about the other characters even though Alex is by far my favorite.

At first I was a bit hesitant having one of the other characters being the main one, but I trusted that Mary would do her usual magic with it all.

The characters are well developed, the story line is gripping and won't let you go until you finished. I stay up to date on future releases so I don't miss out. After seeing what Mary did with Kelly, I hope the other characters are al
Tiger
Jun 17, 2014 Tiger rated it it was amazing
Ex-kindergarten teacher and current IR team member Kelly McAllister heads her first team assignment - but not without an ulterior motive. Determined to fulfill her assignment, and her own goals, Kelly leads an injury-decimated team to Africa in search of a rare Orchid. Lions, snakes and alligators are not the only perils in her way -- she'll also have to contend with weres, demons, and other preternaturals. Not to mention her growing feels for Alex Noziak's hunky brother, Van.
Urban fantasy at i
Sharon
Sep 12, 2014 Sharon rated it it was amazing
This can be a stand alone book, but it would be nice if you picked up the rest of the invisible recruit series.

Kelly, a sweet natured person, ex kindergarten teacher that gets sent to Africa on a mission to find a rare orchid. This book is non stop action from the start. The story caught my attention and i didn't want to put it down. The ending sure was a huge surprise.

I hope you will give this series a chance to catch you too.

I hope Mary is writing the next adventure. I love this series.
Laurie Adams
Jul 30, 2014 Laurie Adams rated it it was amazing
Every page of this book had me feeling like I was in Sierra Leone riding along with the characters. The setting was so vivid, I swear I was sweating when they were sweltering. The pacing was super with hooks at every turn. Just when I thought I could put it down, along came something else that made me wonder what was going to happen next. Kelly's definitely not the typical IR agent, but that's what makes the agency strong. Great read! (And I would recommend the others as well.)
KimberlyDawn
Jun 18, 2014 KimberlyDawn rated it it was amazing
Catch up with the Invisible Recruit agents in another amazing story. Kelly McAllister is determined to avenge her sister's death while on a mission in Sierra Leone. Her mission is to find the orchid, and she believes that is also the reason Alex's brother, Van is there. This story had constant action. Never a dull moment. I truly enjoyed reading this, and I look forward to more of Mary Buckham's books.
Maureen Howard
Jul 21, 2015 Maureen Howard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Innocent or explosive

Seeing the world through Kelly's eyes is a wild ride. The sweet blue eyed kindergarten teacher has a fire that few can see. But fire doesn't mean bad and innocent doesn't mean useless. This is a fun and dangerous ride and I can't wait to see what else Kelly gets into.
Handler
Handler rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2015
Kat Deacon
Kat Deacon rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2015
Tracey Devlyn
Tracey Devlyn rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2015
Jane Perry
Jane Perry rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2016
*Avonna
*Avonna rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2015
Pamela K.
Pamela K. rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2014
Laura rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2015
Rose Lyn
Rose Lyn rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2014
Glenda Bettin
it was okay
Leanna
Leanna rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2015
Ana Rosario
Ana Rosario rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2016
Gillian
Gillian rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Donna Moore
Donna Moore rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2014
Elaine
Elaine rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2016
  • Kiss the Enemy  (Slye Temp #3)
  • Sinful Deception (Covert Affairs, #1.3)
  • First Taste of Darkness
  • First Exposure (Aegis, #0.5)
  • Ice (Alaska Heat, #1)
  • SEAL's Embrace (Take No Prisoners, #3)
  • A SEAL's Song
  • Come Up and See Me Sometime (CIS Duo, #1)
  • Nightfall
  • Turning Thirty-Twelve
  • Taken by the Alpha Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #0.5)
  • Wild Ride (Changing Gears, #1)
  • Coming in Hot (SEAL EXtreme Team, #1)
  • Close Quarters (Her SEAL Protector, #1)
  • Deadly Secrets (Deadly, #5)
  • Ask For It (Girls' Night Trilogy, #1)
  • Found Wanting
  • One Night Forever (Cinderella Chronicles, #1)
USA Today bestselling author Mary Buckham credits her years of international travel and curiosity about different cultures that resulted in creating high-concept urban fantasy and romantic suspense stories. Her newest Invisible Recruit series has been touted for the unique voice, high action and rich emotion. A prolific writer, Mary also co-authors the young adult sci-fi/fantasy Red Moon series ...more
More about Mary Buckham...

Invisible Recruits (9 books)
  • Invisible Recruit
  • Invisible Magic (Alex Noziak #1)
  • Invisible Power (Alex Noziak #2)
  • Invisible Fate (Alex Noziak #3)
  • Invisible Journey (Alex Noziak #4)
  • Invisible Secrets (Kelly McAllister #2)
  • Invisible Embrace (Kelly McAllister #3)
  • Alphas Unwrapped: 21 New Paranormal Holiday Hotties Sure to Make Santa's Naughty List

“M.T. Stone was the poster boy for what an assassin should look like.” 2 likes