Start by marking “Variant Reflections” as Want to Read:
Variant Reflections

Variant Reflections

An engineered pilot at the edge of space discovers a humanity he isn't he supposed to have...a man hiding from his past in an archipelego which was once San Fancisco sacrifices part of himself to buy a way out...a disgraced scientist is offered a chance to begin her work anew, but fails to question her patron's motivations and in lost Carcosa, a coming storm heralds change ...more
ebook, First, 153 pages
Published May 10th 2014 by DSF

To ask other readers questions about Variant Reflections, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Variant Reflections

Nick Stevenson
May 17, 2014 Nick Stevenson rated it really liked it
Variant Reflections is a collection of twelve sci-fi/fantasy short stories that explores humanity, and, in my opinion, what it means to be human. The stories are enjoyable, thought provoking (and one in particular) rather chilling and will likely keep me awake for a few days to come. A couple of the stories didn't really do it for me and felt like they could use another go over or a bit more time on a better ending, but that could just be my own interpretation of them. That being said, seven of ...more
Karen Gubbins
May 26, 2014 Karen Gubbins rated it really liked it
Robert Robinson's Varient Reflections is an eclectic set of short stories they vary in genre from sci-fi to military and in essence, there is something for everyone. Many of the stories have the potential to be expanded and perhaps made into a novella or full length novel. I particularly liked the first 3 stories, for me they had the most potential. But of course this is personal preference. I would be happy to read more of Roberts work, and would love to see his stories develop. 4*
Samm Serrinnitty
Jul 24, 2016 Samm Serrinnitty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. A collection of sci-if short stories that felt more like a movie anthology to me. Each story is its own, but there were definite connections, and I imagined this as one futuristic world, and each character dealing with some major catastrophe that happened in their part of the world/universe. Great read.

I received this book during a free promo to provide an honest and unbiased review.
Sally Hannoush
Apr 03, 2016 Sally Hannoush rated it liked it
Well I read the twelve short stories in this book and have a over all opinion of this book being OK. Some of the stories confused me and some seemed like they weren't complete stories. I did enjoy "Tin Soldiers" and wished it was longer. "Mirrors and Shadows" was my favorite and made me want to know more. But the others just were confusing or felt incomplete.
Rebecca Gibula
Rebecca Gibula rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Michelle Runyon
Michelle Runyon rated it liked it
Jean Whiting
Jean Whiting rated it liked it
Terry
Terry rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2016
Patricia Vaz
Patricia Vaz rated it really liked it
May 05, 2016
Van A. Nelson
Van A. Nelson rated it it was ok
Russell Morgan
Russell Morgan rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2016
Digital Fiction
Digital Fiction rated it it was amazing
Vadher Ajay
Vadher Ajay marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Jaime
Jaime marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
TJ Burns
TJ Burns marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016