Start by marking “Tough Cookie” as Want to Read:
Tough Cookie

Tough Cookie

When this gingerbread man was baked, someone forgot to put in the ginger. He’s made of eggs and cinnamon and flour and butter and sugar, but he’s missing a key ingredient! Without ginger, the gingerbread man feels like he’s not really a gingerbread man at all! He can’t be sold in the bakery, so he lives at the back of the store. And there he causes all kinds of trouble.

Thi
Published November 3rd 2015 by Sky Pony Press

To ask other readers questions about Tough Cookie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tough Cookie

G.R. Mannering
Dec 12, 2015 G.R. Mannering rated it it was amazing
This book is so inventive and wonderful. I'm a picture book fan (and an adult) and I thought it was a delight. The gorgeous illustrations are so bold and fun, while the writing is clear and concise. I read this to my niece and she loved it. A wonderful picture book that takes pride of place in my collection.
Mollie B
Sep 30, 2016 Mollie B rated it really liked it
a good lesson to teach kids at storytime.
Mehsi
A fantastic picture book about a very tough cookie.

When I heard about this book I knew I had to have it, and it took a bit, but now I have it and I can honestly say that this is just a perfect book. Full of laughter, some sad moments, some moments where I was cheering for our cookie.

Our tough cookie, you wonder why he is like this? Well what happens when one is made and one is missing a key ingredient! He cannot be sold, he is different from his friends (other cookies). Instead of sulking, this
Megan Rang
Dec 06, 2015 Megan Rang rated it really liked it
This is a cute story that my children will enjoy. It has the gingerbread man being made without ginger and feeling bad. Because he feels bad he gets into trouble instead. Then he is told by the baker he can decide how he acts. It isn't what makes him that determines if he is good. A nice meaning to a story for kids.
Patricia Marvin Hilfiker
Nov 24, 2015 Patricia Marvin Hilfiker rated it really liked it
I received this book through a goodreads give away. It is a cute story about a gingerbread man with no ginger. The pictures are cute and the story is one my grandson will really enjoy having grandma read to him.
Jackie
Jan 30, 2016 Jackie rated it it was ok
Fluffy murder mystery set on Colorado ski slopes. Quick read. I skipped over the recipes included.
Diane
Dec 07, 2015 Diane rated it really liked it
I won this book in the giveaway last month. I read it to my 2 year old niece and she giggled throughout the entire book. The illustrations are very colorful. Very unique story.
Jessi
Jessi rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Jen Ferry
Jen Ferry rated it did not like it
Feb 20, 2016
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was ok
Jan 07, 2016
Andy Stuart
Andy Stuart rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2015
Cheva Smith
Cheva Smith rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2016
Sandybear76
Sandybear76 rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
K E
K E rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Maggie Burgess
Maggie Burgess rated it it was ok
Nov 21, 2015
Kimberly Perkins
Kimberly Perkins rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2015
Timothy Hinkle
Timothy Hinkle rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2016
Kate Louise
Nov 04, 2015 Kate Louise added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: 2015-releases
Sarah Snow
Sarah Snow rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Melanie Dell
Melanie Dell rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Kary
Jan 24, 2016 Kary added it
my recipe collection is growing by leaps and bounds thanks to Goldylocks Catering
Joseph Lutholtz
Joseph Lutholtz rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2015
Serena
Serena rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2015
Holly
Holly rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2015
Kaitlin
Kaitlin rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2015
  • Be Quiet, Mike!
  • If You Ever Want to Bring an Alligator to School, Don't!
  • The Fun Book of Scary Stuff
  • Flight School
  • Two Speckled Eggs
  • Black Cat, White Cat
  • Sophie's Animal Parade
  • Molly, by Golly!: The Legend of Molly Williams, America's First Female Firefighter
  • Suryia and Roscoe: The True Story of an Unlikely Friendship
  • Emily's Blue Period
  • Hannah and Sugar
  • Wait! Wait!
  • I'm New Here
Kate Louise is picture book author of THE UPSIDE-DOWN FISH, PIERRE THE FRENCH BULLDOG RECYCLES, and TOUGH COOKIE. She lives in the UK with her family, her partner, and a cocker spaniel called Freddie. She graduated from university with a first class degree in Fine Art Painting. It was during this course that Kate rediscovered her love of reading, prompting her to try a new creative angle and ...more
More about Kate Louise...