Start by marking “Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Official Casebook Vol.1 - The Phoenix Wright Files” as Want to Read:
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Official Casebook Vol.1 - The Phoenix Wright Files

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Official Casebook Vol.1 - The Phoenix Wright Files (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Official Casebook #1)

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  271 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
OBJECTION!
Only one name strikes fear into the hearts of evildoers everywhere: Phoenix Wright, ace attorney. Join Phoenix Wright and his adorable assistant Maya plus Miles Edgeworth, Detective Gumshoe, Franziska von Karma, and others as they investigate twenty intriguing cases. And find out why Phoenix Wright has devoted his life to fighting injustice!"
Published September 23rd 2008 by Del Rey Books

To ask other readers questions about Phoenix Wright, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phoenix Wright

Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriBlack Butler, Volume 01 by Yana TobosoVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki Takaya
List of Awesome Manga/Graphic Novels!
213th out of 385 books — 194 voters
BioShock by John ShirleyHomeland by R.A. SalvatoreIco by Miyuki MiyabeDisgaea by Arashi ShindoThe Legend of Zelda by Patrick Thorpe
Beyond The Game
65th out of 77 books — 22 voters

More lists with this book...

Nicolo Yu
Apr 26, 2012 Nicolo Yu rated it did not like it
This was a disappointing read. It wasn't what I was expected. I got this book after hearing of high praise for the original video game. If the main character made it to the line-up for what is currently the best fighting game, the latest installment of Marvel Vs. Capcom, he must be popular and well-liked enough to merit the inclusion. I actually wanted to see a lot of courtroom action and suffice to say I didn't get any. It's a collection of one-shot stories from various artists that barely have ...more
Diana Welsch
Oct 14, 2008 Diana Welsch rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: nerds like me
Shelves: graphic-novels
OK, OK. I am a nerd. I am aware of this fact. But I read this in an afternoon and really enjoyed it.

It is a fan-made doujin that has been put out by Capcom, comprised of many short stories in the manga style. This means that the art style varies from story to story. Some are serious, some are funny; the characters' looks and tone may change radically from one story to the next. This does not bother me at all, in fact, I think the book is much richer for the variety.

This manga is definitely for f
Online Eccentric Librarian
Feb 20, 2016 Online Eccentric Librarian rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga, urban-fantasy

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

Honestly, you'd have to be a fan of the game that this is based off to get any enjoyment from it. For what we have here is a loose collection of fan-created stories that are all over the place - from random ghost defendants to pointless musings (where are the interesting court cases?). The stories are fairly short, art all over the place, and plotting/characters changing page by page. Nearly all the stories lack an arc o
Jayden is the Legendary Super Saiyan
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney is based of off the game franchise with the same name and this book takes place in a modern Japan like setting. Phoenix Wright has all the familiar characters that you may have seen if you played the games and they are all here in manga form. This book stars the defense attorney Nick Wright as the main character all though he is usually referred to as Phoenix Wright and his other friends and rivals also play a part in this book. First off we have Maya (Wright's assist ...more
Rachel
May 18, 2014 Rachel rated it it was ok
I think if I had known that this was a collection of doujinshi (fan-made comics) going in I wouldn't have had as high of hopes. As it is, each of the stories is a few pages long, and while the art is fun, only two or three stories have a plot that is something besides hamming up already hammy characters. My favorite part of the games was always the thrill of bringing in new ridiculous evidence in a trial, and this never came up (but might have been a limit of the short comic form). Disappointing ...more
Bonnie
Jan 05, 2012 Bonnie added it
No rating? That can't be good. Its true for the first book on this review.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Official Casebook Vol.1 - The Phoenix Wright Files VERSION: For the official phoenix wright manga scroll down further [on this site, they share the same page].

Phoenix Wright Manga? Pictures, Images and Photos

Mainly just skimmed through this. Its a disappointment when I flipped through the pages and struggled to find a story with good art to catch my attention.

OH THE ART.

Most of the art in the book had an very ugly and unprofessional look to
Kevin Magpoc
Oct 02, 2012 Kevin Magpoc rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Extensive fans of the games
It's hard to even tell if it's intentional, the way the introductory segment is so straight-faced and serious to the point that it misleads you about the tone of most of the following stories. But it was worth sticking through, since I did enjoy the utter sillies, which are reminiscent of Bobobo and Sgt. Frog (do they share artists/writers in common?). I am glad I read this after playing the first game, since although I don't recall any spoilerish material, I probably wouldn't have gotten much o ...more
John
Oct 09, 2015 John rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own-read
As a fan of the Ace Attorney series, I really enjoyed this. The crazy antics that happen in every mini-story are hilarious, and I love the little references the writers put into them. That being said, I feel like you have to be an Ace Attorney fan to get the most out of this as this book doesn't explain who any of the characters are, and expects you to have beaten all the games. So, if you haven't played any of the Ace Attorney games, don't buy this unless you're curious.
Holly Letson
This doujinshi anthology was quite enjoyable, even though I have never played the videogames. The only thing that really bothered me was the character inconsistencies among the story, especially how Pearls looked different amongst several stories. Also, the contrasting stories about stray cats....one where Phoenix says they can keep it and the other where he says that they cannot.
Kim Dyer
Jun 02, 2016 Kim Dyer rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-comics
A collection of doujinshi based around the popular Nintendo series. This is definitely a comic for fans as if you really need to have played at least the first three games to get all of the jokes and fully understand the characters. There is also no continuous story - the comic is made of many short, light-hearted adventures which are usually focused on Phoenix and Maya.

The art of the stories varies wildly, sometimes great and other times a bit amateurish and most of the stories were forgettable
Claire C.
Jun 19, 2015 Claire C. rated it it was amazing
Ok, I admit, this is an excellent adaption of Phoenix Wright. Instead of only focusing on trials and such, it focuses on little day-to-day stuff with the same characters. I also like the fact that it was drawn by many different illustrators. :-) 5/5.
Ashley
Apr 10, 2014 Ashley rated it it was amazing
I wasn't planning on reading this book at first.In fact I didn't even know it existed but I am really happy that I did find this book. Even if you don't who Phoenix Wright is but you're a fan of manga you will enjoy it.
Amber
Jan 12, 2015 Amber rated it liked it
Shelves: humor, comics, manga
I love me some Phoenix Wright, and there were some chuckles, but nothing that blew me away or anything.
Doreen
Dec 17, 2008 Doreen rated it liked it
A light-hearted series of vignettes based on the best-selling Capcom videogame series for the DS, this manga captures the charm of the games if not the intelligence. Because the story is a collection written by a slew of guest artists, the quality of both art and story varies from page to page. It isn't the best manga I've ever read, but it's a nice fix for those who want more Phoenix Wright, Maya, Pearl and Co.
Brock
Aug 12, 2009 Brock rated it it was ok
As much as my love of Phoenix Wright abides, this collection of short manga tales are too scattershot and the translation too spotty to make it a very enjoyable read. A lot of the in-jokes fall flat, even for a die-hard fan of the series.

There are one or two interesting and laugh-out-loud funny moments, but far too few to warrant a true recommendation.
Kate
May 07, 2012 Kate rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Kind of like an official doujinshi for the Ace Attorney video game series (actually, that might be exactly what it is). Reread because it is always surefire hilarity, though my favorites are the comic about trying to create a waterfall for Maya, and everything with Godot!

Because you can't go wrong with Godot.
Joseph Young
Jan 08, 2013 Joseph Young rated it really liked it
Although I haven't played any of the Phoenix Wright games, this book is quite hilarious. There seems to be a lot of in-jokes that you might not get, or that would take significant thought to get if you haven't played the games. Still mostly enjoyable for someone only barely familiar with this world.
Dru
Feb 23, 2012 Dru rated it liked it
A good ol' legal manga for those looking for something new. This is based on a Capcom video game and features a pretty good one and done case in the first chapter, and then a second case which ends in a cliffhanger. Looking forward to volume 2.
Monty Python
Oct 15, 2009 Monty Python rated it really liked it
I am not ashamed to admit that I read manga. Nor am I ashamed to admit that I read THIS manga. You can make fun of me when I start reading stuff like Suzuka. Which I won't ever do. So there.
Adriane
Dec 12, 2012 Adriane rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Really cute collection of really short stories by various manga artist, featuring the characters from the Phoenix Wright games. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys the games.
Derek Lee
Jun 23, 2013 Derek Lee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ace-attorney
It was really good, and it's better compared to the game.Kenji Kuroda
Dalia
Mar 09, 2014 Dalia rated it it was ok
I'm glad I read it, but it wasn't what I thought it would be and there aren't much courtroom scenes, which is the fun part of the series and where most of the silliness happens.
Keira
Oct 26, 2011 Keira rated it really liked it
Something many fans of the games would enjoy. It's something you would need to read after playing the games otherwise a lot of the jokes and stories won't make much sense.
Lisa
May 27, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it
Not as good as the other Ace Attorney books as this one doesn't follow any cases, Its more of a comic strip book but still a must buy for any hardcore fan.
Marina
Mar 01, 2012 Marina rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, fiction
First story was ok/good.But I was not aware this was an anthology like book with different artwork per story.I did not like that aspect of it.
Kelli
Jul 10, 2013 Kelli marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
RogueHireling
Nov 19, 2013 RogueHireling rated it it was ok
Love this DS game series. This book was simply a collection of random stories involving the characters. Rather disappointing.
Robin
Jun 01, 2013 Robin rated it liked it
Pretty good. The storyline is kind of confusing at times, but not bad.
Bennett
Bennett marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
  • Disgaea
  • Suikoden III: The Successor of Fate, Volume 4 (Suikoden III: The Successor of Fate, #4)
  • Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei: The Power of Negative Thinking Volume 6 (Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei #6)
  • Magic Knight Rayearth I, Boxed Set (Magic Knight Rayearth, #1-3)
  • Sakura Taisen, Vol. 01
  • Jack Frost, Vol. 1 (Jack Frost, #1)
  • R.O.D. Read or Die 2 (R.O.D. Read or Die, #2)
  • Ragnarok: Dawn of Destruction, Volume 4
  • Hero Tales, Vol. 1 (Hero Tales, #1)
  • Pet Shop of Horrors, Vol. 4 (Pet Shop of Horrors, #4)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 2: The Cards With Teeth (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #2)
  • Lucky Star 2 (Lucky Star, #2)

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Official Casebook (2 books)
  • The Miles Edgeworth Files (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Casebook, #2)