Start by marking “Throbbing Hearts (Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Throbbing Hearts (Hearts, #1)

Throbbing Hearts (Hearts #1)

Now repackaged and republished under the author's real name--available only in the Anything For You" series.

Kindle Edition
Published (first published March 18th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Throbbing Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Throbbing Hearts

ChuCha
May 18, 2014 ChuCha rated it really liked it
Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

Brendan Clark had loved one person his entire life. He could ran away with the boyfriend of the year award – but he was betrayed by the one person he trusted the most. She cheated on him and left him for another man. So, he decided enough was enough. He was now on the prowl – together with his buddy, Mark and the rest of the gang, there was no way he was letting any woman to break his heart once again. He will do casual, have sex out of necessity rather tha
May 06, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
We don’t actually meet Annie until Chapter 4, which is a bit unusual for a central character. At the time of reading I was surprised, in hind sight; I can see where the author wanted to build the history as to how the situation came to be. Annie is a loner, stuck in a Goth phase but let’s face it she uses it as an emotional cover-up or crutch. She has only one friend, her roommate Corinne. Corinne is almost the antithesis of Annie with her pinup looks, extroverted personality, and often wild ...more
Between The Lines  Book Blog
 photo 8b10f759-8955-449d-8f3c-6348c3614003_zpse17e1634.jpg

This story was interesting. We meet Brendan and he has decided to go for hook-ups because he had just gone through a horrible break-up. He starts to go to parties again and hook-up with random girls. He seems to look right through Annie. He sees her best friend and immediately looks past Annie. He is kind of a tool about it. I get a broken heart and everything but treating women that way is never ok. I do feel bad for him though. The way his character is treated really isn’t fair. It is funny t
N. Kuhn
I found this story very juvenile. I don't mean in a YA sort of way. I've never read this others books, which seems to be all the rage in everyone else's reviews. To me, I found it annoying that each chapter started with stuff like.. 5 years before Mark married or Coffee: cold. To me, that's all things that would normally go into the story, and if you felt you had to explain it to me before I read, then you're not writing the type of story I want to read.

The "sex" was just, I mean, how do I say
Pratr- Authors
Jul 09, 2014 Pratr- Authors rated it liked it
Shelves: amys-reviews
I received this book from Sabrina Lacey and “Paranormal Romance & Authors That Rock” in exchange for an honest review.

Annie is a junior in college and is totally in love with Brendan (also a college student). The only problem is that he doesn’t even know she exists. He’s right out of a break up, and on a mission for hook-ups. She’s shy and oh so sassy. Could they be meant for each other? Maybe! But you’ll have to read the rest of the books in the series because this ends on a total cliffhan
Laura Greenwood
Review forthcoming on http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-live...

I received a copy of Throbbing Hearts in exchange for my review.

Brendan has just been dumped by his girlfriend Sara and decided that he would live his lofe the single way now. Meanwhile Annie has loved Brendan from afar but at a party she is left heartbroken when her best friend Corrine takes him home with her. Booking a flight to Italy, Annie decides to strike out on her own to deal with her broken heart, but something in San Francis
Holly Michelle
Sep 10, 2016 Holly Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars
First off I want to say this: I have read Sabrina Lacey books in the past and loved them. I love her work as a writer/author. I just didn't care for this book.
The plot was okay. Although I struggled to finish the book.
The book itself was okay. I wouldn't get excited over it. I had trouble following along I felt it was all over the place at times.
Just when I would get into the story, it went on to something else. I felt there were gaps?
I will still read books by Sabrina Lacey just not t
B. Davis
It was ok

I always enjoy the writing style brought to these books, easy to follow and I actually catch myself laughing at certain parts. I wasn't necessarily blown away by this book, mostly because it was quite short and I need more parts before coming to a final conclusion. I am wondering if Brendan and Annie end up together or if she's totally out of the picture. Hmmm... guess I have to wait and see :)
Taryn
Apr 15, 2014 Taryn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was sketchy at first when I saw that we were leaving the beloved Jessica, Nicole, & Amber. However, I'm so happy to be reading Annie & Brendan's story! Annie could be my best friend, and Brendan... Mmm, mmm, good! As usual, Lacey has sucked me into another humor-filled, intriguing, sexy story!

I received this AR.C. in exchange for an honest review.
Katie Keith
May 07, 2014 Katie Keith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the way this starts out,totally different then others. You feel for Annie and want to shake some sense into her and then all hell breaks lose and she starts to see the light... Until book 2!!!
Sandy
Although I'm not a fan of serial books, this one did catch my interest and I want to continue on with the series. Annie has had a crush on Brendan since she was a freshman. This first book covers a short period of time when Annie and Brendan both get their hearts crushed, in different ways, which causes each to take a different path than the one they've been on. It's YA angsty and kinda dirty, but it is an interesting story and ends in a cliffy.
Jun 10, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, arc
Anny hernandez
Jun 24, 2014 Anny hernandez rated it it was amazing
I was provided a copy of the book by the Author for an honest review.

I just finish reading this book, and I love it, love the characters, I love the way how this story was writing, I am gone keep this short and sweet.

The story begging with Brendan his seating down with mark, at a coffee shop talking, that's when Mark tell him to move in with him, and that's when he agree, than it goes to a memory that Brendan had of the person he though he love, his ex girlfriend telling him that she was moving,
My Secret Book Spot
Jun 27, 2014 My Secret Book Spot rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Throbbing Hearts (Heart Series #1)By Sabrina Lacey
3 out of 5 Stars

Brendan Clark had been with the same girl all through college. He has just had his heart broken by her and is out to make up for lost time. His friends are happy to take him out partying to meet women.

Annie has been in love with Brendan for 3 years. She is elated to hear he is finally single and hopes to make her dreams come true.

The night ends horribly with the ultimate betrayal in trust. Annie feels the need not only to escape
Debbie
May 23, 2014 Debbie rated it liked it
Brendan is newly single, and ready to play the field. Annie has been lusting over Brendan for years. when her best friend betrays her in the worst possible way, Annie takes drastic measures.

told in the first person, present tense, in both the now and in flashbacks from both characters, this book is frustratingly SHORT!! girl lust over boy, boy sleeps with girls best friend, girl actually SPEAKS with boy, and then leaves town. end of book. no sex between the two main characters, actually, hardly
Taylor
Jun 25, 2014 Taylor rated it did not like it
it's rare when I give up on a book or give it much of a chance. I just really did not like this book and I honestly stopped after chapter 5 I think it was.. 1. I'm really not into the whole cougar thing. seriously grosses me out... 2. What a slot. That's obviously supposed to be a different word but auto correct sucks. The second I read the line "kissed his forehead" I stopped reading this book!! hahaha. This book wasn't for me.
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This is part one in the series.

Brendan's heart broken after his long term girlfriend cheats on him. He decided to change his attitude towards women.

Annie has had a crush on Brendan for years. I'm really hoping these two get their happy ever after but as this is only part one I'll have to keep reading.
Dena
Aug 13, 2015 Dena rated it really liked it
Got a little lost in the beginning with the introduction of the new characters all at once, but once the book starts, you can not put it down. It does leave as a cliffhanger and you will need to get the series.
Sue Ciminelli Heffernan
Aug 04, 2014 Sue Ciminelli Heffernan rated it it was amazing
Read this series! Sabrina Lacey never disappoints and the Hearts Series is at the top of my list. This book is full of love, humor and suspense. The series is now complete, and the ending is beautiful! Start here!
Dorothy A Sterling Hill
Escape!

Escape!

a real change of pace. not what I expected but maybe what I've experienced. timing is a real factor in a great number of issues in our life and the timing of this story is pleasant.
Nikolina
Jun 09, 2014 Nikolina rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, it's not normaly something I would go for. But to my suprice I found it to be fun and different. Espcially that it's writen from two peoples point of veiw. And I can't wait to sink my teeth in to the next part.
Ann Sutphin
Aug 05, 2014 Ann Sutphin rated it really liked it
I am reading this whole series, since you can get all 6 books as a bundle on amazon, so far I am through the first 2 books and it is amazing!
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
Nov 19, 2014 ღ☆ღ Brenda rated it it was amazing
What's not to love about a great story of love,loss,and tangle of lies? This is a great love story with great characters.Well plotted out and super fun to read!
D.
D. rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2014
Kindal Klein
Kindal Klein rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2014
Danni
Danni rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Kelly Mccurdy
Kelly Mccurdy rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2014
venita sue rykowzki
venita sue rykowzki rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2014
Michelle O Connell
Michelle O Connell rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Blue Dahlia (Gilded Flower, #4)
  • Around the World in 80 men (Collection 1-10)
  • Babies for the Billionaire
  • Diary of a Wildflower
  • How to Write a New York Times Bestseller in Ten Easy Steps (eBook Original)
  • Sliding (The Stone, #1)
  • Claimed in Canada
  • USA's Best Trips: 7 Amazing Road Trips
  • StreetChild: An Unpaved Passage
  • Sharing Rylee
  • Zentangle Inspired Art: A Beginners Guide to Zentangle Art and Zentangle Inspired Art and Craft Projects
  • Menage (The Key Club, #1)
  • Mastered By The Mavericks--A WILD Boys Novel (The WILD Boys of Special Forces Book 8)
  • All In
  • LEATHER AND LUST
  • Seeing Black (Seeing Red, #2)
  • Five (Maor #1)
  • The Unwilling Adventurer (The Unwilling #1)
Sabrina Lacey was the pen name for author Faleena Hopkins when she was shyly first becoming an author. Since then, all of her works have been repackaged and republished under her own name, save for the I Love My...novels.

You can find her on Goodreads HERE:

More about Sabrina Lacey...

Hearts (6 books)
  • Reaching Hearts (Hearts, #2)
  • Crushing Hearts (Hearts, #3)
  • Tempting Hearts (Hearts, #4)
  • Tangling Hearts (Hearts, #5)
  • Capturing and Releasing Hearts (Hearts, #6)