In My Heart (Donally Family, #1)

In My Heart (Donally Family #1)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  12 reviews
After a whirlwind courtship and elopement, Lady Alexandra Marshall watched helplessly as her husband was shipped off by her irate father. An annulment followed, and though Alexandra waited with packed bags, Christopher never returned for her. She has tried desperately to forget the only love she's ever known and now devotes herself to the British Museum...until she discove...more
Mass Market Paperback, 373 pages
Published March 30th 2004 by Avon Books

Amanda
I'm not sure if I got this book for free or not, as it was lurking unread on my kindle app. It was pretty far down on my list, so it has been lurking for a while. This is one of those really great romance novels. It has mystery, intrigue, family secrets, and great writing. My liking of this book starts with character's names. They're normal, and normal for the time period. Christopher and Alexandria are the hero & heroine. Both are tormented--to different extents--by the past. The mystery un...more
Tpring
Wasted potential thy name is 'In My Heart'. This was such a promising book at the beginning. It has a not very social academic heroine struggling with her position at the Bristish Museum, an Irish businessman hero who is in constant battle with a society which values titles more than accomplishments and a 10 year old annulled marriage that has given them a boy who died as a toddler. It even has a mystery about stolen gems as a backdrop.

But the love story (if you can call it that) just didn't wor...more
Cecilia Rodriguez
The Story is set in 1866, London. Sir Christopher Donally returns from war and is sought out by Lady Alexandra, his former lover. She has discovered the theft of several valuable gems from the museum collection and wants Christopher to help her find the thief. The plot references the strong prejudice against the Irish people.
Danette Steward
3.5 a it long and complicated.
Gee
3 and 1/2 stars

Good story.
For once, the hero is a commoner; though, he is rich. The heroine is a titled lady who is college educated and employed, which is quite a different premise from the usual. She is also not a virginal miss just out of the schoolroom but is pushing 30.
The main conflict: how true love trumps snobbish society.
Setting: Victorian era in England.
Mary
The couple in this book fell in love 10 years before and came together again. People and problems kept them apart, but love won out in the end. I really loved this book. I would recommend this book to any one who loves romance books.
Nicis
3.5 Me lo leí en una noche :) Aunque hay cosas que no me gustaron del todo en la narración, la historia de los protagonistas es muy linda. Oh, y me hizo mucha falta un epílogo u.u
Beleth
Al final creo que le pondré un 3.5 porque hay algunas cosas de la forma de narrar de la autora que no me han terminado de gustar :S pero la historia de amor es preciosísima *0*
marieno
When I started reading, I was so sure it would be a 5 stars. I was really into the characters but the story took a tangent that didn't kept me hook.
Yorda
Pedazo libro en mi opinión. Pensé que sería otro de tantos, pero la historia me ha encandilado completamente. Es preciosa... *___*
Beatrizz1983
Una novela de reencuentros, preciosa y que está en lo más alto de mi estantería
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Cindy Laing
Cindy Laing marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Asya
Asya marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Tjm
Tjm marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Deepthi Terenz
Deepthi Terenz marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Harlin
Harlin marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Noelle
Noelle marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Gillian
Gillian marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
shirin
shirin marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
susan
susan added it
May 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • All About Seduction
  • Once a Rake
  • Lessons in Seduction (Greentree Sisters, #1)
  • For the Earl's Pleasure
  • For Your Arms Only (The Bow St. Agents: Spies in Love #2)
  • As an Earl Desires (Lost Lords, #1)
  • Lord and Lady Spy (Lord and Lady Spy, #1)
  • Echoes in the Mist
  • When Marrying a Scoundrel (Victorian Soap Opera, #2)
  • Lily
  • Courting Claudia
  • Cinderman
  • Tempting a Proper Lady (Brides of Nevarton Chase, #1)
  • To Surrender To A Rogue (Circle of Sin, #2)
  • Not So Innocent
  • Just One Season in London
  • Wicked Angel
  • Violet (Flower, #1)
Years after receiving my Criminal Justice degree from the University of Oklahoma , I discovered the
historical romance genre. True legends like M.M Kaye, Kathleen Woodiwiss, Judith McNaught, and
Penelope Williamson, sparked my love for writing and convinced me I wanted only to do one thing in
my life and that was to create great stories alive with grit and passion.

In the past, I've written western...more
More about Melody Thomas...
Beauty and the Duke (Mystical Bliss, #1) Wild and Wicked in Scotland (Charmed and Dangerous, #1) Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2) Passion and Pleasure in London (Charmed and Dangerous, #3) Must Have Been the Moonlight (Donally Family, #2)