Start by marking “Path of the Heretic (The Beholder, #2)” as Want to Read:
Path of the Heretic (The Beholder, #2)

Read Book

Path of the Heretic (The Beholder #2)

After Emily Ethan is gone, Jason is left with too many questions unanswered. Betrayed by the one he loved and yet hurting after losing her, Jason is eager to find out what actually happened to Emily.

When he least expects it, the Darksighted return to New York City, but they are not after Jason. They seek to destroy those who may know something about where Emily can be.

The
Published March 5th 2015 by Breakwater Harbor Books (first published December 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Path of the Heretic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Path of the Heretic

Dianne
Welcome back to Ivan Amberlake’s dark and chaotic world of good vs evil as Jason and his allies once again face off against Pariah and his dark minions. Path of the Heretic is the second fast-paced novel in the Beholder series and takes off out of the gates with all of the intensity and intrigue of its predecessor, Beholder.

Jason, prophesied to be the great warrior who takes down evil has grown from the disbelieving and uncertain new kid on the block to a much stronger, and wiser leader on a mi
Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts)
Mar 06, 2015 Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts) rated it really liked it
Path of the Heretic was even better than The Beholder quite frankly. I thought the character development was superb as was all the surprises in store for the reader. I felt like with this book you needed to pay more attention and keep things in mind as you read. Things weren't always as they appeared to be, so things you may anticipate to happen aren't gonna go down that way for sure.

Jason's still confused and dumbfounded by prior events and most importantly from Emilys betrayal. He's stills str
Joseph Phillips
Apr 18, 2015 Joseph Phillips rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Author, for an honest review, sent Path Of The Heretic to me.

Firstly, I really – really enjoyed this book!
After reading the The Beholder, book 1 in the series, I was a tad bit sceptical about the sequel as sometimes ideas get dry and not as excellent, this was the ultimate opposite.

Path Of The Heretic was everything you seek for in a sequel. By that I mean the story progression was good and believable, the character progression and development was written very well and was executed greatly a
Dani
Mar 22, 2015 Dani rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Path of the Heretic by Ivan Amberlake
Rating: 5+ stars

If you’re reading this then I’m assuming you’ve already read book one— The Beholder, but nonetheless I’ll try to avoid spoiler. And if you haven’t read The Beholder, then I strongly recommend it! Seriously, you’re wasting time, go read it.

In Path of the Heretic, Jason is trying to defeat the Pariah, prevent harm to the unsighted, avoid getting killed, and trust me a lot of people want him dead, all while trying to figure out the truth behind
chucklesthescot
3.5 stars if the option was available.

I re-read The Beholder to refresh my memory as to who everyone was and how the events unfolded in our first adventure with Jason. It was the right decision as it helped me to just jump into the second adventure as if I'd never been away from it. This was an ARC kindly provided by the author, in exchange for an honest review.

Jason is trying to pick up the pieces over losing Emily, hurting from losing the love of his life and stinging from her betrayal. She is
Sandy
Mar 14, 2015 Sandy rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date March 5, 2015

The more Jason gets to know the world of Energy and Sight, the harder it is
Dyane Forde
Apr 17, 2015 Dyane Forde rated it really liked it
The novel, Path of the Heretic, begins a few months after book one, The Beholder. At this point, Jason, the main character, is dealing with a major loss, some unexplained limitations to his powers, the betrayal of a friend, as well as intensified attacks from the enemy. And more importantly, we get inside the head of Pariah. Bonus!

What I enjoyed the most about the novel were the following: 1) as in the first book, the pacing was good. There was rarely a dull moment, as the reader is exposed to t
Mary Fan
Jul 23, 2015 Mary Fan rated it it was amazing
Path of the Heretic is the sequel to Ivan Amberlake's urban fantasy, The Beholder, and those who enjoyed the first book will be eager to get their hands on its thrilling follow-up. Fast-paced and crackling with supernatural forces, the book wastes no time in dropping the reader into the thick of the battle against Pariah and his dark followers.

The main character, Jason, has evolved significantly since the series began. No longer the ordinary office worker he started off as in The Beholder, he ha
Brenda Todd
Mar 02, 2015 Brenda Todd rated it it was amazing
Path of the Heretic follows The Beholder continuing the battle between Light and Dark. The book steps immediately in where the first left off with Jason, the main character, suffering the loss of Emily and trying to discover what it means to become ‘The Beholder’. There is no rest from the battles they have endured as Pariah, the leader of the Dark, continues to manipulate and cause destruction.

As the book progresses Jason finds that some friends are not what they seem and neither are some enemi
Sheri
Feb 28, 2015 Sheri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Path of the Heretic (The Beholder, #2) by Ivan Amberlake

Jason does not expect the Darksighted to return to New York. This time they are not after him, but after those who might know where Emily is. After being betrayed by her, (and her disappearance) he is struggling to sort things out. He still has feelings for her even after everything that happened. He needs to know exactly what happened to her and why.

Emily comes to Jason in dreams and gives him clues and where to find answers he needs. He k
Paul Freeman
Mar 10, 2015 Paul Freeman rated it it was amazing
Path of the Heretic opens with an absolute blast of intense action, and doesn’t let up the whole way through. The story is fast-paced and will keep you on the edge of your seat as you turn page after page, unwilling and unable to put the book down. Yet, it is not all about action. Yes there are incredible supernatural fight scenes, where entire cities are brought to their knees, and yes the battles between the Lightsighted and Darksighted are so much larger than life, but, there is a super story ...more
Kyra Halland
May 28, 2015 Kyra Halland rated it really liked it
Path of the Heretic is the exciting follow-up to The Beholder, and I liked it even more than the first book (which I enjoyed very much). Months after the events at the end of The Beholder, Jason is still trying to come to terms with what happened, but the battle between Lightsighted and Darksighted is ongoing. The book starts off with a bang and continues at a fast pace as Jason tries to learn the truth about Emily, protect the human world from the Dark Ones, and keep himself from being killed ...more
Debra M Adrian
Mar 23, 2015 Debra M Adrian rated it it was amazing
A great additon

A riveting next chapter in the Beholder story line. The writing was crisp and inviting. A thoroughly enjoyable and engaging read
OpenBookSociety.com
Apr 16, 2015 OpenBookSociety.com rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scott

Brought to you by OBS reviewer Scott

Let nothing more be said about the dryness of the angst-driven urban paranormal novel: Path of the Heretic is a fast-paced, action ridden novel that stimulates the senses, drives the emotions and takes you on a roller-coaster ride of a lifetime. Praise must be lauded to Ivan Amberlake for creating a rich, vivid tapestry of a novel that outshines his previous two books, The Beholder and Diary of the Gone. Following closel
Scott Toney
Stunning. Breathtaking. I am in awe. Years ago I first stumbled upon the first book I read by author Ivan Amberlake. I remember picking up The Beholder and thumbing through its digital pages, intrigued by the concepts there and by the characters that immediately caught my attention and made me care for them. Jason is such a wonderful character, one that advances naturally as a person would under the Matrix-like conditions that this world is build upon. And Emily is brilliant the first time we ...more
Valerie
Aug 03, 2015 Valerie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-fire
Totally awesome! Very seldom is a sequel as good as the first book, but Path of the Heretic takes sequels to a whole new level from paragraph one! Not only are the original characters true to their mission, but new characters meld into the story easily--there is no awkwardness that causes you to reread what you just read.

Jason, Lightsighted and the Beholder, is besot over Emily's betrayal--he questions everything she did, including her supposed love for him. Jason hurt his hand when he inflicted
Jayne dArcy
Mar 28, 2015 Jayne dArcy rated it it was amazing
This is science fiction/fantasy. It is not my usual story to read but the author asked me to read this second story in the series.

I did find it enjoyable. For the descriptions alone I would read the book. Few authors can paint a clear picture with their words of the world they create. This is a world of Light, Darkness, Shadows all existing along-side a world unaware of world around them.

Jason, the hero from the first book, is continuing his story. He is less resistant this time, more accepting
Kel Crist
Mar 25, 2015 Kel Crist rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rar-arc, 2015
I was provided a fee copy of this e-book in exchange for an honest review.

Path of the Heretic by Ivan Amberlake: In this continuation of the Beholder series, Jason not only searches for Emily, he fights the Darksighted, finds new friends and uncovers the truth to a mystery. There are so many things I want to say but I really don’t want to give away anything. I’ll say this… you find out who is playing spy and who actually killed Emily’s family.

Unlike so many other books, Ivan Amberlake has this
Jola
Jul 28, 2015 Jola rated it it was amazing
'Path of the Heretic' is even better than the first book in the series. The plot is fantastic and you just can't wait to know more, so it's really difficult to put it down. I highly recommend it!
Carrie at Paper Bindings
Once Upon A Dream Books

*Author provided a copy for an honest review.*

The Beholder started off with a man who knew nothing of the sighted world. But by the time Path of the Heretic rolled around Jason believed he had a handle on things. Except there was still a mystery to solve, one that made him question everything he thought he knew and everything that happened to him. Emily may be missing, but she's left behind a puzzle that he needed to figured out.

Suddenly having this epic power could change a man, and there was
Molly Smith
Jun 02, 2015 Molly Smith rated it liked it
Initial Thoughts: The mythology continues to be fascinating but I was still unable to emotionally connect to the story and the characters. My intellectual "need-to-know" how the mythology played out is what compelled me to keep reading. However, I need more emotional connection, I found it easy for me to be distracted from reading because of this lack of emotional connection. Though I enjoyed how the plot thickened, how we learned more about the world, I had no emotional investment which did ...more
Megan
[Disclaimer: I received a free e-copy of this book from the author for review purposes.]

I really wish I could remember the first book better, because that would have made reading this one so much easier. Instead, I ended up struggling to remember who all of these characters were previously, and who they've become in the second installment. While this wasn't a completely insurmountable task, it did lessen my enjoyment a teensy bit.

I also really wish this author could get a good publishing deal (I
Annie Page
Annie Page rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2015
Ted Cross
Ted Cross rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2015
Negi Rox
Negi Rox rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2015
Dianne
Dianne rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2015
Scott Toney
Scott Toney rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2014
hazel tilghman
hazel tilghman rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
Tatsiana
Tatsiana rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2016
Bill Cabanaw
Bill Cabanaw rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2016
An urban fantasy writer who enjoys reading fantasy, crime and thriller books.

I love active protagonists who get into a lot of trouble on their way to the truth, and never give up whatever happens to them.

I love watching action movies like The Matrix, Harry Potters and have a soft spot for sitcoms like Friends and The Big Bang Theory.

"The Beholder" is my debut paranormal fantasy novel. This is wh
More about Ivan Amberlake...

The Beholder (2 books)
  • The Beholder (The Beholder #1)