Start by marking “Heart of the Matter” as Want to Read:
Heart of the Matter

Heart of the Matter

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Ellen Webster, professor of history, can't help but fantasize about her next door neighbor Kate Foster- after all, she sees her on the evening news every night.

Sexy and smart, Kate is Ellen's dream girl, but the dynamic TV newscaster doesn't know she exists. Struggling with a steadily worsening self-image and at a loss as to how to turn her life around, Ellen decides to t
Published March 25th 2008 by Bold Strokes Books

To ask other readers questions about Heart of the Matter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of the Matter

angie

At first, I didn't want to like Heart Of The Matter. Both main characters' insecurities, especially Ellen's unrelenting weight obsession, often saddle the romance with way too much emotional baggage. It makes me so sad and mad when likable women are always so down on themselves about their appearance. Ellen's tightly held conviction she needs to change her physical looks to be accepted by women like Sandra (a woman she half-heartedly dates while trying not to pine for Kate) could be exasperating
Maria
I had an interesting reaction to this book... for most of it I didn't like the characters that much (one was a bitch, another way too soft, when they could be much more balanced), but the sexual tension between them is well made and it kept my interest 'til the end.
Bottom line: not a good book, but with some interesting parts. KI Thompson knows how to write, but I'd prefer better characters.
Jae Jae
I’d say this novel isn’t bad, but it’s not outstanding either. It has some interesting ideas and premises and characters who aren’t perfect, which is always a good thing.
Tori
i generally liked the book. I have read a lot of novel like this one.Women doesn't know the other exist until a terrible accident that the fall for each other while helping each other with some flaw.

I can't explain it maybe it was the writing but i would read it again.i don't even like happy ending but i loved this one.
Morgan
One of the worst lesbian romance novels I've read lately, and I've been reading some real doozies. The characters are horrendous with neither lead being particularly sympathetic or likable. Basically a love story between a door mat and an egotist. Sounds exciting, doesn't it?
Alli
I finished this book because I felt obligated to once I started it. But I honestly could have cared less about the characters; I had no sympathy for one lead, the other was just annoying, and the best I felt was when I finished it and could put it aside.
Ruth
Ruth added it
Nov 27, 2014
Gwen
Gwen marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Devon
Devon added it
Sep 11, 2014
Chill
Chill added it
Jun 15, 2014
Amelia Lonnes
Amelia Lonnes marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
KI Thompson is the author of three novels, House of Clouds (2008 Sapphic Readers’ Award, and 2008 Indie Book Award and 2008 Goldie Award finalists), Heart of the Matter, and Cooper’s Deale (Bold Strokes Books). She also has short stories in the anthologies Erotic Interludes (2-5) by Bold Strokes Books, Fantasy: Untrue Stories of Lesbian Passion (Bella Books), and Best Lesbian Romance 2007 as well ...more
More about K.I. Thompson...
House of Clouds Cooper's Deale KI Thompson Romances