Start by marking “The Rainbow Cedar” as Want to Read:
The Rainbow Cedar

The Rainbow Cedar

As interior designer Jay Burns watches her long-term relationship slowly unravel, she runs into - literally - landscape designer Drew Montgomery. As their paths cross,both professionally and personally, a friendship develops, one they each try to maintain despite the obvious attraction between them. But still, Jay is not willing to throw away an eight-year relationship, ev ...more
Published March 25th 2008 by Bella Books

To ask other readers questions about The Rainbow Cedar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rainbow Cedar

Diane Wallace
May 23, 2015 Diane Wallace rated it liked it
Prequel to Midnight Moon! a complex,entertaining love story yet sometimes enjoyable read but still a dysfunctional relationship also...well written (paperback!)
Heidi
Dec 24, 2014 Heidi rated it really liked it
I really dislike books that make me want a long term relationship fail, but this book had me wanting just that. Gerri Hill always has the best developed characters. The slow building story, you really get to know the characters and what they are feeling. Finally I'll just say, I want a fruity drink or sex on the beach.
Jae Jae
Aug 18, 2011 Jae Jae rated it liked it
Gerri Hill is an experienced writer, and The Rainbow Cedar is solidly written. It has an interesting theme (infidelity) and some strong dialogue. But I still felt it wasn’t her best work.
Celina
Let Me Just Say One Thing, I Hate Katherine!!! That Bitch!! She Actually Slapped Jay. Oh The Nerve. I Could Have Given The Book A 5-Star But There Was So Little Happy Jay-Drew Moments So The 4 Was Better.

Damn lawyers!! Are they all like that?? Even though the book has ended, i feel sorry for Janine; whatever Kath is going to do to her. It was an amazing book. I don't usually read books where the other part is already in a relationship, I find them bias sometimes. Like how the author tries to ma
Anna
Mar 22, 2011 Anna rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, lesbian
Eh. Her books keep getting shorter, and this was pretty predictable. It was fine, but I'm glad I got it from the library.
qrbooks
Nov 06, 2016 qrbooks rated it it was ok
F/F cheating little weasels romance

I kinda hated this one. The weakest points being that these two leads completely blended in my mind and they allow women to treat them like crap... for way too long. That, and all the cheating... just isn't the context for sexy or romantic to me. It just made the story kind of terrible. Simplistic plot and characters all around; no depth whatsoever.

Doormat Jay is in an 8-year relationship with wealthy and beautiful Katherine, a controlling and ambitious snob wh
Stef Daniel
Feb 25, 2017 Stef Daniel rated it really liked it
Predictable, yes. But the sex scenes, its Gerri Hill her sex scenes are always AMAZING. She is in my to 3 authors for best sex scenes.
M.E. Tudor
Sep 13, 2012 M.E. Tudor rated it it was amazing
I have read this book six times and I love it every time. Jay and Drew are such interesting and lovable characters. Gerri makes you fall in love with her characters and want to be their friends. The information about their jobs and the trip to Hawaii are so realistic that you feel like you are right there experiencing everything with them.
Silvia
Jun 03, 2016 Silvia rated it it was ok
Very average, disappointing book. The plot was rather absurd, and hard to believe.
SPOILERS...It ended too abruptly; it would have been more interesting to have more of a confrontation with Katherine instead of her just going off. Jay acted like a doormat and I couldn't feel any empathy for her. The romance between Jay and Drew was so syrupy it wasn't true to life.
Gayle B Stowell
Apr 17, 2015 Gayle B Stowell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THE RAINBOW CEDAR IS ANOTHER GREAT LOVE STORY BY GERRI Hil

I really enjoyed this book. I just really enjoy the beautiful way gerri hill conveys her stories you can be sure I will download more gerri hill books

Gayle Stockwell

Cindy Lancaster
Feb 23, 2016 Cindy Lancaster rated it it was ok
Maria
May 18, 2010 Maria rated it it was amazing
For some reason, I loved this one more than most of Gerri Hill (an author that I usually like a lot). The plot is well set and engaging, the characters are very easy to love, and the climax of the story is great. :)
Ashley
Feb 15, 2008 Ashley rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: lesbian romance lovers
Another great romance novel by my favorite romance writer. Loved the plot, the hot action, and all the characters... except Katherine. This is the first lesbian romance novel I've written in a LONG time. I enjoyed it very much and look forward to Gerri's other and upcoming books.
Raven
Nov 07, 2011 Raven rated it liked it
Got to say Katherine was a right royal bitch... and a little two dimensional. Pretty decent book otherwise.
Gaelle Cathy
Apr 16, 2014 Gaelle Cathy rated it really liked it
Nice story.
Ty
Sep 05, 2016 Ty rated it liked it
Not my favorite Gerri Hill.
Maz
Maz rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2013
Yasmary
Yasmary rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2012
Van
Van rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2016
cathey dejager
cathey dejager rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2015
Gabrielle
Gabrielle rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2014
Carrie
Carrie rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Vera
Vera rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2012
Marie
Marie rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2016
Jessica Roberson
Jessica Roberson rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Anna Clark
Anna Clark rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2015
Trinity Bailey
Trinity Bailey rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2014
Kym
Kym rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2014
María R
María R rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2016
Lyssa Wolf
Lyssa Wolf rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2014
  • None So Blind
  • Course of Action
  • Stranded
  • Wild Abandon
Gerri began writing lesbian romance as a way to amuse herself while snowed in one winter in the mountains of Colorado, and hasn’t looked back. Her first published work came in 2000 with One Summer Night. Many more romances have followed, with the occasional murder mystery in the mix.

Gerri’s love of nature and of being outdoors usually makes its way into her stories as her characters often find the
More about Gerri Hill...