Start by marking “Darknight (The Witches of Cleopatra Hill #2)” as Want to Read:
Darknight (The Witches of Cleopatra Hill #2)

Darknight (The Witches of Cleopatra Hill #2)

Kidnapped by a rival witch clan, Angela McAllister envisions a dark future for herself until she discovers her captor’s brother is the unknown man who has haunted her dreams since she was a child. Forced to re-evaluate everything she’s ever known about the Wilcox witches, Angela begins to explore the powerful connection that binds her to Connor Wilcox, despite the ...more
Published June 5th 2014 by Dark Valentine Press (first published June 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Darknight, please sign up.

Katyana
Jun 13, 2014 Katyana rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, w-t-f, ebook
***2.5***

This book actually bugged the crap out of me in a lot of ways. Which is disappointing, because I liked the first book a lot.

Firstly, aren't these people adults? They were in the first book. Angela was a sheltered adult, but she was still an adult. In this book she - and Connor - both had the emotional maturity of the cast of Twilight. There's a certain level of naivety that's okay in a romance, but they have to not feel like they have the emotional experience of a 15 year old. Angela wa
Twilightwatchers
Aug 16, 2014 Twilightwatchers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, own
WOW!!! I didn't expect that ending. I won't ruin it for you with spoilers but I just finished the book and I, truly, didn't expect that to happen. As soon as I am done with this review, I will be reading the next book, Darkmoon.

The book, Darknight, starts straight from the previous book, Darkangel, left off. So, you need to read the first to know what is going on, there is no, long boring, rehash here.
The main character, Angela, has grown into a beautifully shaped protagonist, in that you feel l
Runningrabbit
I shan't continue with this series, the ending was predictable - it's been done before so many times.
Me_LissaH
Jun 27, 2016 Me_LissaH rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars.
Jen
Melissa Levine
Nov 15, 2015 Melissa Levine rated it did not like it
Melinda
Jul 19, 2015 Melinda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Angela McAllister has been kidnapped by Wilcox clan, a coven of witches who are known for using dark magic and want her because the primus or leader of their clan wants her to be his consort so that she can break a 140 year old curse. Their ancestor, Jeremiah Wilcox, was said to have stolen a Navajo woman who had powerful magic and forced her to be his consort. She gave him a son but for some reason, she died. Before she died, she cursed Jeremiah, saying that all of the primus’ wives will die yo
Jo
May 03, 2016 Jo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
I read and reviewed this book as part of The Witches of Cleopatra Hill, Books 1-3: Darkangel, Darknight, & Darkmoon box set, which I received free from the author in exchange for my honest review.

Simply fantastic. My immediate reaction was 'WOW' (in the best way possible). I originally got into the Witches of Cleopatra Hill series when I read Impractical Magic. I thought that book was excellent, but I think this trio blew it out of the water. The story was well written and kept me 100% engag
Cassie C
Jun 26, 2014 Cassie C rated it it was amazing
Review to come!

Update 6/26/14:

Darknight is a wonderful, exciting sequel in the Witches of Cleopatra Hill series, and is not to be missed! This novel picks up right where Darkangel left off, Angela has been kidnapped by the Wilcoxes, and she has finally found her consort, Connor Wilcox. Obviously, this is bound to cause some problems, and with Connor and Angela fighting their predestined love for each other, trouble is going to ensue.

One of my favorite parts of this novel was getting to know Con
Katherine Tomlinson
Sep 06, 2016 Katherine Tomlinson rated it it was amazing
It's Complicated and We Like it That Way

Christine Pope’s new novel (the second in her Witches of Cleopatra Hill trilogy) takes up one page after Darkangel left off. Angela McAllister, newly minted prima of the McAllister witch clan is in the hands of a rival clan, and the only thing she knows for certain is that the consort she’s bonded with is the brother of her clan’s fiercest enemy.
It’s complicated.
For Angela, biology is destiny and she and Connor Wilcox are fated to be together despite deca
S.F. Benson
Mar 28, 2015 S.F. Benson rated it really liked it
WARNING: Sexual content, Mature Readers (17+)

Reward--patience pays off! "Darknight" by Christine Pope lived up to being a paranormal romance complete with action.

I enjoyed the second installment of The Witches of Cleopatra Hill series. Pope interrupted Angela McAllister's picture-perfect world with a kidnapping and a reveal of the man of her dreams.

Once again, Pope delivers a well-written tale with an interesting plot. The characters are well-developed especially the antagonist. Readers are rewa
Mandy Magill
May 10, 2015 Mandy Magill rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-kindle
This book continues right where the 1st one leaves off. Angela is on Wilcox territory and she has no idea what is in store for her there. All she knows is that she has found her consort with a Wilcox, but not the one who kidnapped her, but his younger brother Connor. She tried to fight the pull that her consort bond has towards Connor but she is worried of how long she will be able to win that fight.

Their struggle with the bond ends when Angela and Connor give in and find that their connection r
TheBookLionizer
Oct 04, 2015 TheBookLionizer rated it really liked it
description

SOME ACTIONS. YES
As the first book was more about describing and introducing, this one was more about Angela and her consort, his family, esp his brother.
I always read about the consort/mating stuff on Shapeshifters books, how the attraction can't be restrained but when I read it for another paranormal being, it's a bit hard to swallow but I chewed it, especially when Angela readily let herself be seduce by Connor. Sure, he's her consort and their bonding is strong but the guy lied to her, help
Country Goose
Sep 10, 2015 Country Goose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whoa

What I have discovered with Christine Pope's writing style is there is a lot of information with a lot of detail about everything, not a lot of action, but a lot of drama. Read what I write exactly how I write it. It is like "Twilight." The characters are not "Twilight." The style resembles "Twilight." It can become boring, and that's when I start skimming, but it's a good read. It takes until 80% of the book to get to learn what the evil is, but then it is predictable.

I feel there was somet
Justin
Apr 07, 2015 Justin rated it liked it
I don't even know what to say about this book. The first book of the series had some serious pacing issues but well developed characters and some interesting components (feuding clans, magical hierarchies, etc). The second turned main characters into moody teenagers, one with a serious case of Stockholm syndrome..

"Your evil brother kidnapped me and you want to bind me to your family (which I was raised to fear)? A family that was inflicted by a deadly curse that may eventually result in my unti
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
When we finished book 1, Darkangel, it was with Angela's kidnapping at the hands of Damon but them finding out that Connor was her consort, not Damon. So this book starts with her being held "prisoner" in Connor's flat. Things move along pretty quickly for Connor and Angela but don't forget that they have bonded, so in mystical eyes aren't supposed to be fighting the bond at all.

I won't say anything else about the story apart from the say that things don't go as smoothly as Angela in her naivety
Stephanie Wolf
Nov 09, 2014 Stephanie Wolf rated it really liked it
Continuing on from Darkangel, Book 1, Angela has been kidnapped in an attempt to make the primus more powerful than ever.

Too bad things don’t always go as planned.

Unfortunately for Damon, he was not to be the consort of the prima. As fate would have it, the consort turns out to be Damon’s brother, Connor. As happy as Angela is about Connor being the man of her dreams, having your consort be from a rival clan can cause friction.

Set in Arizona, with great detail, not just in the characters, but in
Aly Stratton
Jan 04, 2015 Aly Stratton rated it really liked it
Loved going from book one to two. Hate thinking that this one ends on a cliff as well and I will have to wait to learn if all the loose ends get neatly tied up in the final book of the trilogy A bit of Dark Magic in infused in this one and our heroine must challenge it. If you are looking for a literary milepost, this is not it. Not a deep, intellectually, challenging platform; characters are somewhat "naïve," but then young witches brought up in close knit clan would not be expected to be ...more
Lisa Borne Graves
Ok

This book is not nearly as interesting as the first or last one but worth trudging through to get the complete story. At times it felt pointless, repeated sex and conflicts. The constant sex was such a change from the first book that it shocked me at first but I got used to it. The beginning and end are decent but the middle drags on so long without anything important happening. I actually skimmed a lot of the middle just to get to where something would happen. The ending made up for it somewh
Charlotte
Aug 07, 2015 Charlotte rated it it was ok
This wasn't quite as boring as the first, but it's not great either. There's just so much unnecessary description. There's whole scenes of "I went to the bathroom, took off my clothes, went in the shower, picked up the soap, used the soap. Then I washed my hair, got out the shower, picked up a towel, then I got dressed, then I left the bathroom." It's so mundane and so much of it could be cut. I skim read most of it.

Also, for a book about witches, they didn't use any magic till about 80% of the
Beth
Oct 20, 2014 Beth rated it liked it
This is the second book in Pope's witch series. I can't rate it as highly as the first one, because, unlike the first, it was overladen with sex scenes. And I found the main character's reaction to being held against her will quite unlikely. The climax was also over the top, and the I could not believe that the members of the "other" coven were portrayed as basically good after they supported the evil actions of their primus. Still, from the first book, I was very interested in the characters, ...more
Desiree Derouen
Gave it 3 stars cause overall....anhhn.. Not a bad read.... but leaves u kinda wanting it to have been different..?...I guess....It catches from the beginning but leaves you questioning and wondering how could this have been a done little better.... It jumps from her being scared to oh never-mind I want to jump your bones to worry what almost happened then shrugs everything off..... & yes understand they have to leave you hanging on with some sort at the end to roll you into the next ...more
Kim Power
Mar 14, 2016 Kim Power rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Dark Second Act

Angela has found her consort, but it was the last person anyone expected. After an idyll marred only by the rejection of her clan, events take a black turn. Damon Wilcox is at the heart of it, and ultimately, Angela might confront the man who has always sought to possess her power. The plot drives onward so that it is e say to suspend disbelief until afterwards when you realise there are relevant chunks of motivation left implied rather than elucidated. As befits a second act, t
Michele
Mar 15, 2015 Michele rated it liked it
3.5

Angela and Collin are together but neither family is willing to forget old rivalries. Still, both do their best to create a new life together in Flagstaff. The calm is threatened by Collin's brother, Damon.

The story moves very slowly until the last 25% and it ends on another cliffhanger. On the plus side, the reader gets to know the Wilcox clan (only seen as the big bad enemy in book one) and realizes that the McAllisters are far from perfect.
Davinia
Feb 14, 2015 Davinia rated it liked it
This installment was "meh" with a sideorder of WTF!

Where the fuck did Angela go? Yeah, she was a sheltered woman, but she was still a woman in book one. Now she's just a teenage twit with stockholm syndrome coming out of her ears.

I could go on for a while about the things that went wrong in this book but another reviewer (Katyana) did it for me and I'm not just going to cut and paste her perfect summation.

To sum up, not sure if i'll bother with the next book.
Emily
Jun 09, 2014 Emily rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: New Adult 17+
Recommended to Emily by: DARKANGEL
After reading book one, I knew I had to get book two. I was not disappointed. Book two was even better than book one.

Things get a little spicier in book two, so I recommend for 17+.

I can't wait for book three to hit the market in August. This series is well written, and it's a page turner.

Another great cliffhanger. I was happy to get the first chapter of book three...now I'm itching to see what happens.
Mary
Jan 07, 2016 Mary added it
This book was just ok, nothing great nothing horrible either. It just felt like a whole lotta of nothing happening, even the big "fight" was over and done with in a blink of an eye. The whole book seemed more of talking about feelings and inner dialogue than any action or plot.

I am unsure at this point if I will read the next book in this series.
Ofosua Darko
Mar 28, 2015 Ofosua Darko rated it it was amazing
loved it. the chemistry was awesome.the twist in the plot was brilliant.

Angela has been taken prisoner by the rival clan. she hates it there but she can't denial the chemistry that swirls around she and Conner (her consort). Damon(the primus), Conner's brother wanted Angela for himself so he could exploit her powers but unfortunately fate has its own plans.
James
Jan 08, 2015 James rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gripping

From the first book to the second, the story holds the feelings and expectations all the way through. I have never been a great fan of love stories. However I can only say I have so become attached to Angela's and Conner's story that as soon as I finish this review, I'll start reading the third book.
Emily Read
Jun 05, 2015 Emily Read rated it really liked it
I didn't enjoy this book quite as much as the first - if I could I'd rate it 4.5 stars. It's still a very good read, the characters develop nicely and again it manages to avoid all of those frustrating and cringe worthy moments that keep cropping up in urban fantasy at the moment. Although there is obviously a love story this thankfully isn't just another love story with a witch shoved in it.
  • Earth's Blood (Earth Reclaimed, #2)
  • The Reflective (Reflection, #1)
  • The Source of Magic
  • Pyramid of the Moon (Sun and Moon, #1)
  • Ember (Faylinn, #2)
  • Starbound
  • Hemlock Veils
  • Casted (The Casted Series Book 1)
  • Feudlings in Flames (Fate on Fire, #2)
  • Blood Witch (Elemental Magic #2)
  • The Enchanted
  • Damaged (Rebirth, #1)
  • Veil of Secrets
  • The Sentinel (The Sentinel #1)
  • Jim Henson's Enchanted Sisters: Autumn's Secret Gift
  • The Dark Huntsman (Tales of the Black Court, #1)
  • Bloodgifted (The Dantonville Legacy #1)
  • Return of the Ascendant (Ascendant, #1)
A native of Southern California, Christine Pope has been writing stories ever since she commandeered her family’s Smith-Corona typewriter back in the sixth grade. Many reams of dead trees later, she’s happy to announce that her debut novel, Fringe Benefits,was published by Pink Petal Books on April 8, 2010. Her short fiction has appeared in Astonishing Adventures, Luna Station Quarterly, and the ...more
More about Christine Pope...

The Witches of Cleopatra Hill (8 books)
  • Darkangel (The Witches of Cleopatra Hill #1)
  • Darkmoon (The Witches of Cleopatra Hill, #3)
  • Sympathetic Magic (The Witches of Cleopatra Hill, #4)
  • Protector (The Witches of Cleopatra Hill Book 5)
  • Spellbound (The Witches of Cleopatra Hill Book 6)
  • A Cleopatra Hill Christmas (The Witches of Cleopatra Hill Book 7)
  • Impractical Magic (The Witches of Cleopatra Hill Book 8)