Start by marking “Cub Creek” as Want to Read:
Cub Creek

Cub Creek (Virginia Country Roads)

In the heart of Virginia, where the forests shelter secrets and the creeks run strong and deep ~

Libbie Havens doesn’t need anyone. She’s fine on her own. When she chances upon the secluded house on Cub Creek she purchases it. She’ll show her cousin Liz, and other doubters, that she can rise above her past and live happily and successfully on her own terms.

Libbie has emot
Published April 22nd 2014 by Kersey Creek Books

To ask other readers questions about Cub Creek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cub Creek

Patricia
May 14, 2014 Patricia rated it it was amazing
I wanted to be at Cub Creek, to help Libbie with the old house and be her friend. Grace writes such descriptive stories!

Libbie Havens had a difficult childhood and is trying to overcome the past, and move on with her life. When she happens upon the house, on Cub Creek, it's probably the best thing that ever happened to her. She buys the house, goes about renovating it and starts meeting people and making friends. Then, something happens that threatens to bring everything crashing down around her
Janice Hurst
Nov 25, 2015 Janice Hurst rated it liked it
Enjoyed

Good read. Interesting characters. Mystery and a little love story. To me the characters make a book. And this book has quite a few. Lobbied is a strange young woman with a strange past. She is a loner and likes it that way. You will route for her to come out of her shell. She has only one relative, and she has two kids. Gruesome a significant part of the story. Read and enjoy.
Deborah Blanchard
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters and the storyline flowed well. This was a story of forgiveness and healing. It was a story of accepting ourselves for who we are and not trying to be what others want us to be. I will be reading many more books by this author. Wonderful!
Kathy
Aug 16, 2014 Kathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book I've read by this author and both books were very good. I will be putting her other books on my list to read.
Liz
May 26, 2014 Liz rated it it was amazing
A good read

A good read

learning to forgive oneself is hard to do but the main character finally did through the help of a new friend and an incidental couple.
Tommy
May 26, 2014 Tommy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While not great literature, I just enjoyed it.
Butterflittin
Nov 03, 2016 Butterflittin rated it it was amazing
In my head

EXCELLENT!!!! Many thanks to Ms. Greene for yet another work of of purposeful, meaningful writing. Libbie will steal your heart and you will be pondering for some time....
Crystal (Books Are Sanity!!!)
Cub Creek is a book unlike any other I have read recently! Greene drew me in with the descriptive details of the Cub Creek home and scenery. I wanted to be there on the porch watching the entire story unfold! The whole story has this otherworldly feeling, I was never white sure what was going to unfold next! I loved Libbie and silently cheered her on as she made changes and learned to believe in herself! If you enjoy a mysterious clean read with beautiful scenery while a great story unfolds, ...more
Patty
Jun 13, 2015 Patty rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
I guess I have been reading to many personal growth fiction books. This book is about realizing that the way you live your life doesn't have to be the way someone else lives theirs. Accepting who you are and looking at the events of your life in a new and adult way. It is suppose to be a mystery and it is just a little bit, but I wish the author had just come out with the so called mystery and didn't try to build the book upon it. It really is a very nice story about self acceptance and personal ...more
Pam
Jul 05, 2016 Pam rated it it was amazing
Cub Creek is by Grace Greene. It is a Virginia Country Roads novel in the Cub Creek series.
Libby Havens buys a secluded house and fifteen acres that she saw as she drove down a Virginia country road. She hadn’t fit in anywhere and has been lost in the shadows. She sees many photographic opportunities here. Right now, she is photographing fences. She had a troubled childhood and is trying to overcome it. Will her seclusion here help her or make her worse?
Gail
Jan 24, 2015 Gail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Libbie who is trying to get over her past just happens upon a house in Cub Creek and falls in love with it. The house is out in the woods and needs a lot of work. Libbie loves the house and enjoys renovating it and making new friends. Than something terrible happens and her past comes back haunting her. Can Libbie work thru her past and get on with her life? Read the book today to find out. It will grab your interest from beginning to the end of the book.
Joanne
Aug 28, 2015 Joanne rated it liked it
After surviving a sad and traumatic youth, 33 year old Libbie Havens has finally found her "sweet spot" (huh?) - an old home outside of Charlottesville, VA. Living alone in the country agrees with her, but she must overcome a few obstacles before she can find the balance and peace that has alluded her. Lots of friendly characters populate this small town!
InD'tale Magazine
Ms. Greene’s characters are interesting and her setting well-constructed.

Read full review in the 2014 September issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Vicente William Saenz
Nov 14, 2015 Vicente William Saenz rated it it was amazing
Good story

I couldn't put this book down. I loved her kindness to Joyce and how she tried with Tommy, but in the end she was able to help him and his mother. Like I said good story, and easy to read.
Darlene
Nov 18, 2014 Darlene rated it liked it
Shelves: family, women, suspense
A mysterious story of someone that has been blamed for tragedies in her family and she believes it all. Can moving to the country by herself help her as she believes or make things worse.
Judy
Dec 21, 2015 Judy rated it really liked it
Mysterious page turner

I was not expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. Cub Creek was the first I'd read by Grace Greene and I'm looking forward to reading more of her books.
Jewett
Dec 09, 2014 Jewett rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook
A rather strange but compelling book The main character is definitely flawed which makes us who are not perfect really appreciate her.
Tammy   Parks
Sep 01, 2016 Tammy Parks rated it really liked it
This is the first book I had read by Grace Greene. I really liked it. A little bit of a mystery and a little bit of a romance. Held your interest
Donna Kitchens
Donna Kitchens rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2015
Karend
Karend rated it really liked it
May 25, 2016
kristine i. gullo
kristine i. gullo rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2015
Mary Devries
Mary Devries rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2014
Janice B Singh
Janice B Singh rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2016
Tracy
Feb 06, 2016 Tracy added it
Enjoyed this quick read.
Patricia
Patricia rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2015
Kimberly Dietrich
Kimberly Dietrich rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2014
Carolyn Sidor
Carolyn Sidor rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2016
mary ellen tavano
mary ellen tavano rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2014
Clara Babinski
Clara Babinski rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Mary Gabriel
Mary Gabriel rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • A Minute on the Lips (Welcome to Tall Pines #1)
  • Spell Struck (Teen Wytche Saga #2)
  • A Portrait for Toni
  • Alora: The Wander-Jewel (Alora, #1)
  • The Christmas Cowboy (Rodeo Romance, #1)
  • Pocket Full of Posies (Hostage Negotiation Team #3)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Summer in New York Collection
  • The Feisty One: A Billionaire Bride Pact Romance
  • Summer in Snow Valley (Snow Valley Romance Anthologies Book 2)
  • A Bright Particular Star (Cavanagh Family, #2)
  • Queen (Regency Refuge, #3)
  • The Guy Next Door
  • Imperfect Love
  • Sunny Days, Moonlit Nights (Moonlight, #1)
  • Jessamine's Folly
  • Thief Prince
  • Fortune Cookie (A Culinary Mystery, #11)
  • An Illicit Engagement (The Gentlemen Next Door, #2)
Grace Greene writes fiction with romance, suspense and inspiration ~ The Emerald Isle, NC Stories are Beach Rental, Beach Winds, Beach Towel, Beach Christmas, and Beach Walk (A Christmas Novella).

Grace also writes books set in Virginia, the Virginia Country Roads novels, that are more mystery and suspense oriented ~ Kincaid's Hope, A Stranger in Wynnedower, Cub Creek, and Leaving Cub Creek.

UPCOMI
More about Grace Greene...

Virginia Country Roads (3 books)
  • Kincaid's Hope