Start by marking “Past Praying For” as Want to Read:
Past Praying For

Past Praying For

The people of of Stretton Noble are middle-class and complacent – or so thinks the Reverend Margaret Moon, who is disgusted by the materialistic lifestyle of her new parishioners.

It’s only when her brother, Robert, a forensic psychologist, comes to visit that she is made aware of the uneasy undercurrents and tensions which pervade this seemingly peaceful village society.
Published March 18th 2014 by Endeavour Press (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Past Praying For, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Past Praying For

Peggy
Actually I gave up on this book at page 100. I LOVE Aline Templeton's series with the female detective so I thought this one would be a page turner too. After reading the prologue I had to look and see if I was reading a V.C. Andrews book. I tried to get into it but not one character grabbed me and I found myself doing other things than picking up the book so I finally said enough is enough and gave it up to go onto a read I could be excited about. Maybe I'll go back to it another time.
Mary Gilligan-Nolan
This is one of Aline Templeton's stand-alone books and a very good one it is too, as are all of her books. It took me a while to find this one, as it is an old book and constantly out of print. However, I eventually managed to get a copy on line. The story here starts with an account of a young girl's sad and tragic life in 1967. Her mother has died and then, her older brother is killed in an accident, leaving her with a cold and distant father, who gives her no love and almost resents her. She ...more
F
Jan 18, 2013 F rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Is it convincing? the beginning, describing the horrendous childhood experiences of the villain makes for gruelling reading. Then we move on 30 years or so to a 'nice' village, and the reader follows a story of strange and violent doings in the 'nice'village, all the time trying to work out which of the 'nice' local inhabitants is the grown-up version of the damaged little girl we met at the start of the novel.
Mrs Templeton writes well, and as I was taught English at school by her many years ago
Carol Mello
Jul 24, 2014 Carol Mello rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first Aline Templeton book I read. Complex psychological mystery. The clues are there for the readers. The reader needs to actually think to figure this one out. As in all Aline Templeton mysteries, no saints here, just flawed human beings. She is not kind to her characters. I really enjoy the challenges she presents to her readers. These are not fast moving mysteries except at the climax. I think this author is superb.
Terry Crain
Not as good as her others

I had a hard time keeping up with the characters, jumped around too much. Her other books have been a lot better.
Kristin
Kristin rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2015
ParkerPen
ParkerPen rated it really liked it
May 31, 2016
Carol Rockwell
Carol Rockwell rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2015
Sue Godwin
Sue Godwin rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2015
Joanne
Joanne rated it it was ok
May 15, 2012
Janet
Janet rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2015
Debi Wearing
Debi Wearing rated it it was ok
Aug 14, 2015
Katherine
Katherine rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2015
Shadoh
Shadoh rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2015
Apollonia
Apollonia rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2014
Mary Whitt
Mary Whitt rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2014
Bob Ruest
Bob Ruest rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2014
anna anderson
anna anderson rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2014
Brian Lennon
Brian Lennon rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2015
Laura Garner
Laura Garner rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2014
Sarah rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2016
Joanne Miko
Joanne Miko rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2016
Hannelore Cheney
Hannelore Cheney rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2014
Annette Shine
Annette Shine rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2009
Louise
Louise rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2015
Lisi Cabrera
Lisi Cabrera rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2014
Sherrie Rozier
Sherrie Rozier rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Aline Templeton grew up in the East Neuk of Fife and was educated at St Leonards School, St Andrews and Cambridge University. She has worked in education and broadcasting and has written numerous stories and articles for national newspapers and magazines. Templeton was a bench Justice of the Peace for ten years and is a former Chair of the Society of Authors in Scotland, now living in Edinburgh. ...more
More about Aline Templeton...