Start by marking “Techniques of Healthy Cooking” as Want to Read:
Techniques of Healthy Cooking

Techniques of Healthy Cooking

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Created by the experts at The Culinary Institute of America, "Techniques of Healthy Cooking" is an indispensable companion in today's health-conscious world. Drawing on the latest dietary guidelines, it provides detailed information for cooks eager to introduce more flavorful, healthier choices to their menus. You will find advice on ingredients and serving sizes, guidance ...more
Published November 19th 2007 by John Wiley & Sons (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Techniques of Healthy Cooking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Techniques of Healthy Cooking

Elizabeth
This is a textbook prepared by the Culinary Institute of America for use by professional cooks. I appreciated its straightforwardness and depth of research. It is by far the best resource I have found on the subject so far. Inconveniently for me, however, most of the recipes included were written to make 8+ servings, and all of the ingredients are measured by weight, not volume.
Connie
Oct 15, 2008 Connie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys cooking and wants to cook healthier meals
I use this as a supplement for teaching my culinary arts nutrition class. It has a bit of a textbook feel but it is great - it offers recipe modifications and recipes with a little bit of sound nutrition information. It inspires me. There is a newer edition available.
Lauren
I'll admit I flipped past most of the health information for half of the book. I went straight to cooking techniques and recipes. Great information, recipes and techniques. I'm going to buy a copy.
yolundria
yolundria marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Mi-Anie Van Rensburg
Mi-Anie Van Rensburg marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Steve Harvey
Steve Harvey marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Afflatus
Afflatus marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Ltclibrary
Ltclibrary marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Carina28
Carina28 marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Tabatha
Tabatha marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Lisa Malenfant
Lisa Malenfant marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Eric
Eric added it
Dec 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Professional Chef Baking and Pastry: Mastering the Art and Craft Baking at Home with The Culinary Institute of America Garde Manger: The Art and Craft of the Cold Kitchen Cooking at Home with The Culinary Institute of America