Start by marking “Back To Bite You (Bayou Gavotte, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Back To Bite You (Bayou Gavotte, #0.5)

Back To Bite You (Bayou Gavotte #0.5)

IS THIS LOVE - OR MURDER?

A female vampire in hiding, a hunk with a mission, and a sinister history uncovered.

When vampire Mirabel Lane goes to Bayou Gavotte to hide out from the mobster she just dumped, the last thing she expects is to inherit a house. No, make that the second to last thing. What she really doesn't expect is to fall for the previous owner's gorgeo

Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 74 pages
Published April 28th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Back To Bite You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Back To Bite You

Eileen Dandashi
Aug 02, 2014 Eileen Dandashi rated it really liked it
My Thoughts: I don’t know how Barbara Monajem is able to produce a story as a novella and have me fill that I’ve eaten a full-course dinner! In each return to Bayou Gavotte I am delighted to be back in her world of good-citizen vampires with high moral ethics. I didn’t feel the story was cut-short, although I would have loved to linger longer in the town. Perhaps the author will surprise us with another full-length novel in the series.

The story was action-packed and moved forward at a good pace.
Heather Fortman
May 12, 2014 Heather Fortman rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
I was asked to read and review this, and was not paid for it.

Barbara Monajem has a unique way of presenting vampires, one which I won’t go into detail because I don’t want to spoil it for the rest of the readers! Suffice to say it’s unique, endearing, and utterly fetching! The heroine is a young woman vampire, and the hero is a jaded young man plagued by a family history that tries to drive the two apart via the ‘help’ of two interfering Aunts… something we can relate to at one point in time or
Jan
Nov 11, 2015 Jan rated it really liked it
I have long been a fan of Ms Monajem's historical romances. Recently I found out that she also writes paranormals. First, I read Lady of the Flames which is an historical PNR, and it was through reading that I discovered her contemporary paranormal romances.

I'm not normally a fan of vamp books but Barbara Monajem's new and original take on the genre gripped me from the first page of Back To Bite You. This is an excellent curtain raiser to a series which I have every intention of buying.

The only
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
This is no where near what I thought this was going to be.

When I think of vampire books, I think of hot sexy men, lots of blood lust etc. This did have a hot sexy male but it also had a food fight club. I kid you not....a food fight club. Where people pay money to have food fights. Granted we are talking about New Orleans where anything goes but come on...really?

This book could have gone so much farther. It's one saving grace was it was multi pov. It was a super short read and I finished in only
Jacque Stengel
May 17, 2014 Jacque Stengel rated it really liked it
Louisiana and Vampires....what more could you want in a novel? This was a short and entertaining read about family and vampires and love (stalking).
I really enjoyed the twists and turns that happened along the way. It kept me enthralled in the story and kept it moving along nicely. I did find the non trusting issues a bit overdone..but it did play with the story. I did enjoy the history and artifacts and the back story...it made for a fun read!
If you are looking for a fun quick diversion in the
Colleen Everly
Jun 01, 2014 Colleen Everly rated it really liked it
What a nice quick read. Really liked this novella. Makes me wish I had read the rest of the series, which I will as soon as I get the chance. I loved how she wanted to make sure he cared for her before she used her allure on him and I love how he didn't care that she was a vampire. I felt sorry for his grandfather though, not being able to be with the woman he loved. I will definitely check out the rest of this authors books.
Jo-Ann Carson
May 04, 2014 Jo-Ann Carson rated it it was amazing
A story that lingers...
A Great Novella
I thoroughly enjoyed this story set in the funky town of Bayou Gavotte, and now look forward to reading the series. Monajem grabbed me on the first page with her unique characters and carefully laid plot. I ended up reading the whole story in one sitting. I loved Mabel Lane, a vampire with heart and found her match Gerry Kingsley a drool-worthy hero. I flipped the pages as fast as I could to figure out the mystery. Great entertainment.
Delta
Jun 03, 2014 Delta marked it as to-read
Recommended to Delta by: eReaderIQ.com
Free 06-03-14 (PNR: Vampire)

Lily
Lily rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2014
Drew Vandyche
Drew Vandyche rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2015
Darla Stokes
Darla Stokes rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2014
Allie
Allie rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2014
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2016
Cassie Peters
Cassie Peters rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2014
Regina Shiderly
Regina Shiderly rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2014
Barbara Lund
Barbara Lund rated it it was ok
Jul 26, 2015
Barbara Monajem
Jan 17, 2015 Barbara Monajem rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Tanya
Tanya rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2014
Doreen
Doreen rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2014
ParkerPen
ParkerPen rated it did not like it
Aug 15, 2016
Leigh
Leigh rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2015
Kelsey
Kelsey rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2015
Claire Skitt
Claire Skitt rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2015
Julia David
Julia David rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2014
Melanie Marsh
Melanie Marsh rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2015
Elsa Carrion
Elsa Carrion marked it as to-read
Sandy Wolters
Sandy Wolters marked it as to-read
Tj
Tj added it
Rachel
Rachel added it
Ida
Ida marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Amy
Amy added it
Aug 22, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Tanya A Nance
Tanya A Nance marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Claudette Melanson
Claudette Melanson marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
☺~Tina~☺
☺~Tina~☺ marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Kristen Koster
Kristen Koster marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Riley
Riley marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Twilightwatchers
Twilightwatchers marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Mary Griffin
Mary Griffin marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Amy Shelton
Amy Shelton marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Larrolynn Ward head
Larrolynn Ward head marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Patricia Dugan
Patricia Dugan marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
John Beall
John Beall marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Susie Kline
Susie Kline marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Tania Rock
Tania Rock marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Karlai Tabimina
Karlai Tabimina marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Barbara Monajem wrote her first story in third grade about apple tree gnomes. After dabbling in neighborhood musicals and teen melodrama, she published a middle-grade fantasy when her children were young. Now her kids are adults, and she's writing historical and paranormal romance for grownups. She lives in Georgia with an ever-shifting population of relatives, friends, and feline strays.
More about Barbara Monajem...

Bayou Gavotte (4 books)
  • Tastes of Love and Evil (Bayou Gavotte, #1)
  • Sunrise in a Garden of Love & Evil (Bayou Gavotte, #2)
  • Heart of Constantine (Bayou Gavotte, #3)