A More Excellent Way: Be in Health: Pathways of Wholeness, Spiritual Roots of Disease

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  21 reviews
"A Teaching on the Spiritual Roots of Disease" I Corinthians 12:31 This book gives insight into: *Why mankind has disease *Spiritual roots of disease *Disease prevention *Blocks to healing *Specific diseases discussed
Published February 1st 2003 by Pleasant Valley Publications (first published December 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about A More Excellent Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A More Excellent Way

Mom 2
Jul 21, 2008 Mom 2 rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anybody struggling with a chronic health issue
a compilation of reasons why people are sick, spiritual and emotional roots of particular conditions and diseases, put together from years of experience praying for sick people. Dr. Wright's ministry team discovered through revelation and results, a lot of the reasons why we get sick and stay sick, and what seemed to work to accomplish supernatural healing. Don't read it if you don't want to do the hard work of self-confrontation. BE sure to apply it to yourself before you read it to learn how t...more
Leigh
Becuase I was so sick, I attended this program personally several times.
I did not get healed (but I sure hoped I would)
but that is not why I do not recommend it.
(Only God can promise healing so I do not hold it against this ministry that
I was not healed)

I say stay away from the program
because It is WAY OFF the mainstream Christian path.
I was so excited to find an answer to sickness that I
didn't pay attention to this man's theology.

A more excellent way sounds good to start with
but if you start...more
Michael
Environmental Illness and Chemical Sensitivity people listen up. I need to start this review carefully because I don't want to lose anyone reading it immediately. Atheists, Jews, Christians, Hindus, and Buddhist have been healed by using the techniques and principles in this book. Point blank, this book is about illnesses of all kinds and their spiritual roots. Henry Wright has a Christian healing ministry that is Pleasant Valley Church in Thomaston, Georgia that is directly responsible for the...more
Natasha
As much as I really, really WANT to read this book, I am having a very difficult time getting through it. I have tried several times, and I just cannot get very far. And when I say "very far", I mean, I can't even get through the first CHAPTER. I'm giving it one last shot, skipping directly to the sections that I am most interested in. But if those sections are not written any more clearly, I'm giving up.
Darlene Hull
Fascinating. I need to go and test it out, but felt the ringing of a great deal of truth as I saw my own situations in black and white on the page. I highly recommend this.
Velda
This book is amazing. Teaches on spiritual roots of disease and separation from God, self and others. This book has taught me a great deal.
Otgo
Highly recommended... Opened my eyes to the root causes of diseases....
Jacci
I will not be reading any more of this christian psycho babble! What a waste of money! As someone on a Vegan/Vegetarian diet I was not expecting the incredible attack he makes toward our lifestyle ...first of all this guy claims to know a lot..but if he really knew anything on a Hebraic worldview he would have understood that Yeshua (Jesus) was most likely from the Essene Jewish sect, devout with strict and mystical rules regarding being vegetarian. So when Paul is talking in Romans 14:1-3 He is...more
Donna
We refer to his book on occasion in our ministry but over all I believe He uses scripture out of context at times and has stated that Jesus is "all" man. Well, Paul states that we knew Him as man while here with us but now He is resurrected and is spirit. Also, he has stated that Jesus wasn't there in our traumatic moments....that doesn't sound like an omnipresent God. I think Wright has some truth but you'd better do your homework on the scriptures to test this man's application of them.
Traci Morin
May 28, 2011 Traci Morin added it
Recommends it for: anyone who is sick
Recommended to Traci by: A friend
Reading this book gave me true understanding that disease does not come from God and that it truly comes from satan and that I have to take responsibility to receive healing when you've tried everything else like healing lines and you have not received healing. There is a reason for this and this book explains the reasons why and how to receive healing.

Read free articles on Spiritual Roots of Disease:
Marja Meijers
This book has many great insights on the spiritual roots of most modern diseases. the writers clearly explains how modern day medical science can only manage diseases, not fix the problem. I learned a lot from this book.
Technically this book is a mess, Henry Wright jumps all over the place while writing, I had a notebook at hand to write down any insights I received while reading.
All in all, very, very interesting book on diseases and biblical healing.
Julia Frost
Challenging and life changing if you're prepared to work it through and face the reality of Gods word being active in your life. It will present an uncompremising view and challenge the learner to leave the 'fantasy' life behind. I dip in and out regularly - would like to hear the author speak again as it was so helpful in understnading his view.
Christine
It was an interesting book. I got to the end and the author says that some people experience healing just by reading the book. I was like "wait" did I miss something? I kind of jumped around the book and skimmed part of it so I would recommend reading the whole thing front to back to get the whole message.
Michelle
Some good insight. Very introspective. Definitely makes you look inside, question, ponder, explore..and grow.
I would recommend. I think would be a good reference book also. Maybe not something you need to read cover to cover, but can search a particular item of interest.
Jami
The information in this book is often repeated many times, and the organization is a bit confusing and all over the place. However, it offers some interesting information on healing: why people aren't being healed by illnesses that are a sin result, and how they can be healed.
Jordan
There isn't enough room to provide a proper review of this book. A treatise is in the works. It will be well sourced and will restrain the urge to resort to argumentum ad hominem.

Rachael
Excellent insight into the roots of various diseases. It's a go-to reference for me. Rating based on content, not writing style.
Tiffany
this book and the truths in it have transformed my mother-in-law's life; she recently gave it to me and i am soaking it in
Karen
This book changed my life. Still use it as a reference.
Irene
Jan 05, 2009 Irene marked it as to-read
We just got this - - can't wait to read it!
D.
A bit messy with leaps of logic.
Jeanet Scholtz dreyer
Jeanet Scholtz dreyer marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Tonyapetrill
Tonyapetrill is currently reading it
Sep 21, 2014
Lillian Maile
Lillian Maile marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Luvenia Constance
Luvenia Constance marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Nez
Nez marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Lee Ligon
Lee Ligon marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Monique
Monique marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Henry W. Wright is the president and founder of Be in Health Global. He was exposed to the power of spiritual healing at an early age when his mother was miraculously cured of terminal cancer and a fatal tumor that was wrapped around her jugular vein. Today, Wright is committed to the belief that human problems are fundamentally spiritual, with associated physical and psychological manifestations....more
More about Henry W. Wright...
A More Excellent Way:  Be In Health Bitterness A More Excellent Way Study Guide Envy & Jealousy Insights To ... Cancer