Start by marking “The Cowboy's Lady (Manning Sisters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Cowboy's Lady

Debbie Macomber

The Cowboy's Lady (The Manning Sisters #1)

4.03  ·  Rating Details ·  1,002 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Paperback, Silhouette Special Edition #626
Published April 2014 by Harlequin (first published October 1990)

To ask other readers questions about The Cowboy's Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cowboy's Lady

Julianna
Apr 05, 2013 Julianna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Stubborn Alpha Heroes
Reviewed for THC Reviews
The Cowboy's Lady was my first read by Debbie Macomber. I know that Ms. Macomber is a prolific writer who seems to be a romance fan favorite, and the impression of her writing that I had gotten over the years, made me think that I would really enjoy her books. Unfortunately, this initial foray into her work didn't do a whole lot for me. I think this is owing in large part to there not being much to the plot of the story and the character development being weak. The basic
Yvonne
Apr 01, 2017 Yvonne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Pretty sappy!
Lanese Thomas
Jun 12, 2017 Lanese Thomas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
City girl and a cowboy

Fun romantic book that's an easy feel-good read. The school teacher escapes to the country, trying to get her life back in order after a disastrous love affair. What she doesn't want more than anything is to fall in love again. Her new found love won't let her back away though and they manage to get past their differences to become a couple. Happy ending!
Joyce A. Reid
May 29, 2017 Joyce A. Reid rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Macomb revisits a great story

I enjoy this author's characters and fantastic sense of humor. It is easy to identify with her believable stories and the personalities involved. It is also important to me that her books subtly leave sexual scenes to your own imagination.
Lissa
May 20, 2017 Lissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rushed

The book started out with excitement but as it went on Taylor was so stubborn she repeatedly pushed Russ away. Then it seemed like our writer got tired of the story and just pushed everything into a few pages. Very disappointing.
LuAnn
May 15, 2017 LuAnn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read a Debbie Macomber book for many years. I was looking for a quick, easy read and that is what I got. It was very sappy and very predictable, but I do love happy endings so I gave it a 2!
Damotra
May 14, 2017 Damotra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy this book. It was a page turner.
Janet
Mar 07, 2017 Janet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another winner!

Every now and then you just need a sweet Debbie Macomber romance novel. And this one didn't disappoint. I had been reading some pretty heavy novels and so I really appreciate getting the opportunity read this book. The characters are well developed and the story moves right along. As usual in one of Ms. Macomber's books, there isn't a lot of sex scenes or foul language. A very good read.
Pam
Mar 06, 2016 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In The Cowboy’s Lady by Debbie Macomber, Taylor Manning takes a teaching job in Cougar Point, Montana not realizing just how different it is from Seattle. For one thing, no one takes credit cards and she is short on cash after traveling. Luckily for her, Russ Palmer tells the store clerk that she is the new school teacher and she is given a line of credit. Russ had just come from the diner where his companions had talked about her. The second thing is that there is not a shortage of handsome men ...more
Tasneem
This is so dated. Russ is utterly, terribly old fashioned and chauvinistic and I just don't understand how someone so supposedly liberal could settle for a man like that. He's overbearing, rude and sarcastic. Sure he apologises but I was appalled that he was seen as sexy and manly by the author.

I also found how despite all of her claims to be a modern woman, she immediately accepts marriage and pregnancy, giving up all thoughts of going ahead with her career. I just found the book disappointing
Debbie Heaton
Jun 29, 2014 Debbie Heaton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Macomber’s romance novel, schoolteacher Taylor Manning accepts a teaching position in Cottage Point, Montana. After years in Seattle, Montana life is very different from what she is used to. It doesn’t take long for her to lock horns with the very handsome, very opinionated rancher Russ Palmer. For the life of him, he can’t figure out why a city born and bred woman would be doing alone in Montana until his heart melts and he realizes that they are meant for each other.

I loved this story! Mont
Carol Greenwood
Jun 13, 2016 Carol Greenwood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A true fan of Debbie Macomber.

The intensity of the dislike Russ and Taylor seemed to feel immediately for one another was a ruse for the passion that sparked between them. He was too much like her father and she was just too opinionated. His young sister Mandi kept bringing them together. It was a very fast read.
SheLove2Read
Jan 15, 2013 SheLove2Read rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Read this as part of a compilation - The Manning Sisters - and even though it's dated and the hero is a Neanderthal, I liked it. Reminded me a bit of Diana Palmer's work. Full review will be on the compilation I'm reading.
Becky Hedge
Jun 19, 2016 Becky Hedge rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Cowboys Lady

Excellent book. Highly recommend this book to everyone. Excellent story line kept your interest and attention making it hard to put down. Debbie Macomber always writes excellent stories.
Katie
Jan 03, 2015 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cowboys, deb
Typical Debbie Macomber, although this is certainly not a favorite. Many of her plot lines are similar; girl and guy cannot see eye to eye- how can they love each other so much?! Parts of this story rubbed me the wrong way, but I enjoyed it enough. Always a quick read.
Sherry Wolf
Jun 20, 2016 Sherry Wolf rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn,t put it down

Great read. Progressive story line. Couldn't,t put it down. Read all night. It is a shame this review requires so many words or it won,t post. A few words is all it takes to state ones opinion.
Nikki Brown
Oct 16, 2016 Nikki Brown rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: debbie-macomber
I read this in 1 sitting and really enjoyed it. From the start I knew the ending but it was lovely reading about how Taylors feelings towards Russ changed.
This is classic Debbie Macomber at her best!
Carolyn Sisko
I really enjoyed The Cowboy's Lady with Taylor & Russ. ....SPOILER....Taylor just got out of a relationship with Marc and moved to Montana to clear her head. To Taylor's surprise, she kept running into Russ. Taylor was in denial and forcing herself not to accept her new fondness for Russ.
Patricia Solla
Oct 18, 2011 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
Cowboy stories from the author was a surprise to me. This is an early work of the author but was definetly an enjoyable read. This is the first of two stories about two sisters finding love and romance small town USA. A very easy read the story holds one's attention throughout.
Roxie Romero
Apr 22, 2016 Roxie Romero rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: debbie-reads
I just finished reading this book and boy did I fall in love with it! I could feel the emotions of the characters coming through the pages. I laughed and I cried. I always say opposites attract and this book proved my point!
Suzie Jo Glass
Jun 18, 2016 Suzie Jo Glass rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always this book is darling.

Debbies books don't leave you sad and in true form this book delivered. I loved the way she ended this one. As always with one of. Her book's they are sweet and not full of sex and so it's a pleasure to fall in love also.
Vicki
Jun 25, 2016 Vicki rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: didn-t-finish
I have been enjoying Debbie Macomber books for years. Unfortunately, I couldn't even finish this one. I absolutely could not connect to either of the main characters and found the book boardering on the trashy side.
Lois Misiura
May 08, 2016 Lois Misiura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book as always!

You have been one of my favorite authors since I read your first book. I usually get the free best sellers on my kindle but when someone gives me a gift card, I splurge and pay for a book by someone I know I will enjoy! You never disappoint!
Rae
Jun 24, 2016 Rae rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book

So many women can identify with the men in this book. The characters are so genuine and predictable. Loved it and could not put it down. Thank you Debbie for another tremendous book.
Heather
Aug 02, 2016 Heather rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I had never read this author before and I won't again. Wanted some romance featuring the backdrop of Montana and didn't really get much of either. Totally implausible story and undeveloped characters.
Suze
Jun 13, 2016 Suze rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
THE COWBOY'S LADY

I had to laugh at the chauvinistic attitude of Russ, it was over the top. Not as good of book as most of Debbie Macomber, but still enjoyable.
Kristen
I started this book last night and finished it this morning. It was a quick easy read. Great Story!
Ruthanne Kay
Mar 19, 2016 Ruthanne Kay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweer story!

Knowing from the beginning what the end would be didn't alter the enjoyment of reading this sweet story! Debbie continues to spread joy in her writing!
Barbara
This was a really good book and I loved it!
Coy Lee Stroud
Dec 03, 2016 Coy Lee Stroud rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast and entertaining

I didn't, give this book 5 stars because I won,t read it again. I enjoyed it very much. A far above av
  • Joint Forces (Wingmen Warriors, #7)
  • My Dearest Cal
  • Blade's Lady
  • Seduction Under Fire
  • Closer... (In Too Deep #1)
  • Lord of the Sea (Heroes of the Sea, #6)
  • The Bachelor Prince
  • On a Snowy Christmas Night (Made in Montana, #3)
  • Miracle in New Hope
  • Rocky Mountain Man (Bluebonnet Bride, #6)
  • The Bodyguard
  • Million Dollar Baby
  • Edge (Romance on the Edge, #1)
  • Into The Fire (First Responders, #3)
  • Operation: Endurance (When the Mission Ends, #3)
  • Firethorn (Discarded Heroes, #4)
  • After The Storm
  • Slade (Shadow Wranglers, #4)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 990 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

The Manning Sisters (2 books)
  • The Sheriff Takes a Wife (Manning Sisters, #2)