Start by marking “The Sheriff Takes a Wife (Manning Sisters, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Sheriff Takes a Wife (Manning Sisters, #2)

The Sheriff Takes a Wife (The Manning Sisters #2)

A people pleaser through and through, Christy Manning takes off work to drive from Seattle to Cougar Point, Montana, for the birth of her sister’s first child. But when the blessed event arrives early, her brother-in-law is M.I.A. and her sister refuses to leave without him. Things are looking hopeless, until Christy calls Sheriff Cody Franklin. Even before he saves the da ...more
Paperback
Published April 2014 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Sheriff Takes a Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sheriff Takes a Wife

Julianna
Jul 03, 2013 Julianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Sweet Romances, Beta Heroes
Reviewed for THC Reviews
The Sheriff Takes a Wife is the second book I've read by Debbie Macomber and the second in The Manning Sisters duet. I liked it quite a bit more than the first book of the series. It is a very sweet story, but it contains some elements that I know won't be very popular with many modern romance readers. Therefore, I know it won't work for everyone, but it worked pretty well for me. In fact, after getting off to a rocky start with this author, The Sheriff Takes a Wife has r
Pam
Mar 06, 2016 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In The Sheriff Takes a Wife by Debbie Macomber, Christy comes to Cougar Point, Montana to be with her sister Taylor when she delivers her baby since their Mother couldn’t travel. Christy had just become engaged to James Wilkens, a friend of the family. Even at the first, Christy felt pressured into accepting the engagement and things just seemed to get in the way of her telling James she changed her mind. Now she is in Cougar Point and needs to tell her sister and her husband about the engagemen ...more
Debbie Heaton
Jun 29, 2014 Debbie Heaton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Macomber’s romance novel, Christy Manning visits her sister, Taylor in Montana. To her surprise, she meets Sheriff Cody Franklin and finds herself a victim of “love at first sight.” And on Cody’s end, he finds himself in the same predicament. They connect in a way that leaves no doubt they should be together. But there’s just one problem—Christy’s engaged to someone back in Seattle—and that leaves the couple in a situation asking, “How do we handle this?”

Another fabulous story set in the back
Catherine  Tufo
I loved the story. It kept me wanting to know what would happened next. The characters we're believable, I loved the way they interacted with each other. And kept the story interesting. I love all of Debbie's books. It keeps me going when I am on chemo for stage four ovarian cancer. I have been fighting this for 3 years. So keep on writing good books.
Judy
Apr 18, 2016 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

The relationships in this novel are good. The plot was a new one for me. The fact that I found a book that didn't feel it necessary to have graffiti lovemaking was very refreshing indeed.
Louise Podgorski
Feb 10, 2016 Louise Podgorski rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Facing your fears.

Realizing that love doesn't eliminate fear, was a hard reality in this story. I love the way honesty was always a part but omission allowed fear to win. Together they helped each other face the things that needed to be done.
Carolyn Sisko
what a great read! I loved reading about Christy & Cody. Christy was newly engaged and went visiting her sister, Taylor. While visiting, she met Cody. Christy then realized about Love, Christy had a terrible time breaking her engagement to Cody.
Nikki Brown
Oct 17, 2016 Nikki Brown rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: debbie-macomber
Another great book by Debbie Macomber. Yes you can guess what's going to happen but it's fun reading the story, seeing what other the other characters from the previous book are up to now and wishing for a happy outcome.
Well worth a read on a lazy afternoon, snuggled with a blanket and a cuppa...
Tiffany
I enjoyed this story since there was a relationship that started in the beginning of the story. I like to read about a relationship growing versus them fighting or something keeping them apart until the very end. This was book was a little steamy!
Nancy Freeman
May 31, 2016 Nancy Freeman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good book

As always Debbie Macomber wrote another good love story. Keep the interest going,page turner. Don't have to use curse words or explicit sex to make a story exciting.
Brenda
Dec 13, 2010 Brenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That did it ... I am now a Debbie Macomber fan. This is the second Macomber novel I have read and once again, I could not put it down! You immediately get drawn into the main character. I am now reading a third Macomber novel. Hopefully it will be as good as the first two!!!!
Jane Drager
May 30, 2016 Jane Drager rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the second story in a two-story book, The Manning Sisters. Just slightly less enjoyable than the first (The Cowboy's Lady), but still worth reading.
Patricia Solla
Oct 18, 2011 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
Book number two about sister number two. Once again we have an easy read about small town life and romance.
Jewett
Jun 16, 2016 Jewett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Usual soft romance but after several dark murders, this was really fun. This is the second one and yesterday I read the first one of the sisters.
Carol Waters
Aug 23, 2012 Carol Waters rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not in this lifetime. Blah.
Katie
Jan 07, 2015 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cowboys, deb
I actually liked this one more than the first in the series. Cody is probably my favorite hero so far, although Christy was a push over. Quick read again!
rivka
May 03, 2009 rivka rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
*grr*

No, circumstances do not make it ok to act that way. There was no rush -- so wait a few weeks!

Feh.
debbie davis
Jun 30, 2016 debbie davis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Love Story

A feel good story with great characters. It was an easy read that I could not pout down. Read it all in one day.
Alice
Feb 28, 2012 Alice rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is the second in the Manning family series. It covers the second of the two Manning sisters. Not one of my favorites, but still fun to read.
Rebeka
Mar 24, 2008 Rebeka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good story
Diana
Jul 26, 2016 Diana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet book

Easy feel good read that worked out in the end. Loved the book but what happened to the brothers. Debbie I need to know about the whole family,next book please.
Martha G. Padron
Martha G. Padron rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2017
odetta Howrey
odetta Howrey rated it did not like it
Mar 28, 2016
Ellen Murnane
Ellen Murnane rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2013
Nyhofj
Nyhofj rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2009
Amanda Hector
Amanda Hector rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2013
Diane Idle
Diane Idle rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Brielle Nickole
Brielle Nickole rated it it was ok
Apr 10, 2017
Claudia Staude
Claudia Staude rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2010
  • Joint Forces (Wingmen Warriors, #7)
  • My Dearest Cal
  • Blade's Lady
  • Closer... (In Too Deep #1)
  • The Bachelor Prince
  • Lord of the Sea (Heroes of the Sea, #6)
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Seduction Under Fire
  • Edge (Romance on the Edge, #1)
  • On a Snowy Christmas Night (Made in Montana, #3)
  • The Miracle Man (Hatfield, #1)
  • Million Dollar Baby
  • Before the Mission Begins (When the Mission Ends, #0.5)
  • In The Line Of Duty (First Responders #2)
  • Miracle in New Hope
  • Explosive Attraction (The Morgan Brothers, #1)
  • Xavier's Loving Arms (Sweet & Sinful #3)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 990 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

The Manning Sisters (2 books)
  • The Cowboy's Lady