Start by marking “Fractured Moon (Aurelia Fridell #1)” as Want to Read:
Fractured Moon (Aurelia Fridell #1)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Fractured Moon (Aurelia Fridell #1)

Aurelia Fridell is a freak amongst her own kind, the only werewolf who can't shift.

Her family loves and accepts her, but the other packs treat her as if she were a flea-ridden stray, even though she's the Pack Alpha's daughter. She's made peace with her rank, but lately, the hair on the back of her neck raises at odd times, and she thinks someone is following her. She dis
ebook, 2, 300 pages
Published May 27th 2014 by Fused Publishing (first published March 2nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fractured Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fractured Moon

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead
I’ve read plenty of books. Of those books, about 90% have paranormal elements to them. Because the majority of my books are paranormal books, you have repeat supernatural creatures. By far, the most often used supernatural creature in my book collection is....drum-roll please..... the werewolf. I know, you were thinking vampire. You were wrong.

I like werewolves. They can be more animal-like, portrayed by the author similar to your standard wolf or they can be more fantasy and magic. In my opini
Mrs. Badass
This is my book. If it weren't my book, I'd rate it 3.5 stars. So I'm going to give it some stars. Sue me.

Release date in March 2012

Yes..It is self-published.

Yes, it has been professionally edited and then picked apart by beta readers. Then, it was edited a dozen or more times. I've written Fractured for the past year. I'm sure there will be a few errors here or there. Every book has a few errors. Even large pub house novels.

Yes, I could have shopped it around to pub houses. In fact one approa
AH
Fractured Moon - 3.5 stars

Paranormal Romance is one of my guilty pleasures. I’ve always been a sucker for the mated pair/soul mate story. There’s something very primal about the mate bond and when werewolves are involved…I’ve got to read it.

Fractured Moon by debut author E.R. Pierce surprised me. I found myself lost in the story. This isn’t a caveman style “you’re my soul mate” story. No, it was about a couple that took the time to acknowledge their attraction and get to know each other first.

Au
Darkfallen
Apr 01, 2012 Darkfallen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-n-reviewed
3.5 Stars

Aurelia is a werewolf...well kinda. See when she was little and the rest of her siblings were able to shift she couldn't. All grown up now and long since given up on ever being able to fully shift in wolf form, she has learned to deal with all the snide comments and the dirty looks. She's also come to accept that she will probably never have a mate of her own. I mean who wants a mate that can't actually shift?

That is until Ceithin comes to town...and not only is she about to find her ma
Katie Michaels
3.5 Stars
As a werewolf who can't completely shift, Aurelia is an outcast among her kind. Other than with her best friend and close-knit family, she doesn't really fit in anywhere. She has made the best of the life she has, though. She has a job she loves and nice guy renting the other half of her duplex. But her quiet monotony is shattered with the arrival of the man destined to be her mate.

When Ceithin and Aura come face to face, the attraction is overwhelming. Unfortunately, he has a girlfrien
Lydia Perversius
Aug 15, 2014 Lydia Perversius rated it did not like it
Oh, God, finally, it's over...

I don't know what I expected from this book. I guess you could say I thought I would have a great time reading about werewolves, and action, and unbelievable romance, all with the bonus of a main heroine that was supposed to be sassy and entertaining. What I got was... far from it, I'm afraid.

The plot is pretty interesting, according to the blurb. Aurelia Fridell is a werewolf but can't shift, so the other werewolves consider her a freak. She has lost all hope of fi
Kate
From the very start I liked Aurelia Fridell. We meet her whilst she’s standing backstage at her brother’s bar waiting to be called out for a bachelorette auction that her best friend, Astrid (or Az for short) has roped her into participating in. There were so many other things I should be doing with my Saturday night. Yet here I sat, nursing my Summer Ale, waiting for the current Barbie Bimbette to be sold. Soon it’d be my turn — I left my cheer meter at home.

A little snarky and sarcastic – ju
Eliza Brand
Alyssa
Feb 07, 2012 Alyssa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
3.5
Jessica (Stuck in Books)
Shifters are my favorite paranormal creature. It's way easier to sell me on a shifter book than any other, even though loads of shifter books are extremely similar. I don't care, though, because there's obviously something RIGHT about them that make them work for me pretty much every time. Fractured Moon is a shifter novel that fit into that "similar" criteria in some ways, but in others it stood out, which was enjoyable to read.

Aura's a werewolf who can't shift. She has no idea why and neither
Mandi Schreiner
May 28, 2012 Mandi Schreiner rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uf
Aurelia Fridell is the daughter of Pack Alpha of the Northeast, but she is different than any other werewolf she has met. She can’t shift fully into a werewolf. This devastates Aurelia as she watches her parents and brothers run wild every full moon, while Aurelia sits by herself, lonely and sad. Aurelia otherwise has a great family life, with loving parents and brothers, including a twin who teases and watches over her. With her best friend Astrid, and her next door neighbor Chris, Aurelia has ...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
I love me a Paranormal Romance book - especially when I love the way it's written, get pulled into the storyline, drool over the Alpha male and laugh out loud. All of this happened with this book.

There are loads of things that I enjoyed about this book, I could go on and on, but one of the things that I will mention is the fact that Ceithin is a bit of an ass at the start. Yes, he's attracted to Aurelia but he's with someone else. Someone else who has a superiority complex and lays into Aurelia
Radiant
Jul 03, 2012 Radiant rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had this book for a while but i didn't realize it was werewolf one till now.
Fractured Moon is story of Aura who is an outcast in her community as she can't shift into her wolf form and always face the snickers and insults yet she is strong,independent,all worth a women can be ..only if can find her true mate ..can she?
And then she meet Ceithin and the rest is history..they try to connect with eachother and explore their bonds..but something bad is stalking Aura and she is in trouble..why can't
Erica
Jan 05, 2014 Erica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So excited to start this. Congrats, Erika!
Claudia
oved it! all ina ll 4,5 stars for this book - can't wait for the next one
Les Chroniques Aléatoires
Mar 13, 2016 Les Chroniques Aléatoires rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Fractured Moon first of all attracted me, I acknowledge it, by the fact that it spoke about shapeshifters and I love them, I could not read it. Moreover, the blurb was enticing and sold us some dreams.I can say that now that I have read it, we are not swindled and we asks for some more. E.R. Pierce knew how to propose an interesting, nice story with a lot of potential which promises a continuation even more enthralling.

Aurelia Fridell is the downward of a Finnish family which migrated to the US
Maghon Thomas
So we start out with Aruelia, aka Aura to her friends. She owns a bookstore, hangs out with her bestie who is a tattoo artists, and is a werewolf who cannot turn into a werewolf. Yep, it stinks for her. Her father is the alpha, and she has some seriously HAWT very cool brothers, but all the other werewolves aren't so nice. So she tries to stay away. BUT, she never expected to have a wolf mate, or that he would have a girlfriend, or that her life was in jeopardy. It's a wirldwind ride that ...more
Lorna
Aug 16, 2014 Lorna rated it really liked it
Ever read a book and around eighty percent of the way in, it takes such a completely 360 degree spin, that you end up really questioning why the author chose to go in that direction? That’s what happened to me with this book. I was really enjoying the read and then it was like, WHAT? Did that just happen? I guess that’s a sign of a good story teller though, because I never in a million years saw this one coming. Intrigued yet? And here I thought I was just reading a really good paranormal ...more
Lissette
Aug 20, 2015 Lissette rated it really liked it
Fractured Moon

E.R. Pierce

Unique Story with Surprising Twists! A Must Read!

I was gifted this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Fractured Moon is the first book of the series. It follows Aurelia Fridell, a sassy, beautiful, independent, she-wolf who is only able to partially shift and because of this she is treated as an outcast in her own pack and Ceithin Starkley, a charismatic, old fashioned, sexy werewolf who happens to be her mate!

Although Aurelia and Ceithin catch each other’s scent while
Angie
Synopsis: "Aurelia Fridell will always be a freak. Born to werewolf parents, her twin brother Ville can shift forms, but she can't. Twenty-five years searching for answers yields nothing.

As her thirtieth birthday approaches, isolation creeps in, and worry settles in her gut. She accepted her existence long ago, and yet lately, she's felt off-kilter. Eyes follow her, prickling her senses. Her headaches are getting worse.

Is she paranoid, or is there really someone, or something, stalking her? Wat
Racy
Aug 23, 2015 Racy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aurelia Fridell was the Alpha’s daughter. But this did not seem to matter. She was a freak and it seem no wolf found her worthy to be with her. She was beautiful and very brave. She loved her family very much and her family loved her as well, though that did not stand in the way of her her feeling lonely.

My heart really broke for Aurelia. Her longing to be loved by someone and have wolf for a mate. Wow what pain she must of felt. She could not run with her family and must of never felt part of
Eva Millien
Jul 16, 2014 Eva Millien rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 STARS

The first book in a riveting new paranormal series keeps readers on the edge. Aurelia has always been treated as a freak and has resigned herself to always being mateless until Ciethin Starkley comes to town. But even as the sparks fly and they explore possibilities another has plans and Aurelia’s time is running out.

This fast paced and smooth flowing plot tension and emotions running high with lots of suspense, drama, and romance. The author brings the story to life with well written
Terra Oenning
May 11, 2014 Terra Oenning rated it it was amazing
Aurelia Fridell felt like in outsider of her own pack. She hasn’t been able to shift all the way. So she was treated very badly by most of the wolves. Her family loved her no matter what. So when her friend Astrid was holding an auction to raise money, she put Aura up for bid. What happened that night will leave her wanting and longing and even confused. A year later she shows up at her friends shop only to get a whiff of the scent that has stayed in her mind and body.so what happens when she ...more
Sherill
Sep 06, 2015 Sherill rated it it was amazing
AN UNKNOWN STALKER!!!

Fractured Moon-Aurelia Fridell-Book 1- This book and series is steamy and action packed. Series are fantastic because you get acquainted with and adore all the awe-inspiring characters, and the characters in this series are potent, sultry, exhilarating and full of surprises..

This story focuses on Aurelia, a sexy, sassy, independent beautiful she-wolf who can't shift-she is known as a freakish anomaly among other wolves; Ceithin, a sultry, charismatic, strapping, werewolf.

AN
Carrie
Jun 18, 2014 Carrie rated it really liked it
Shelves: calibre-library, 2014
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

As a start to a new series, this book certainly delivered. I eagerly tore through chapters to see where all of these new and interesting (and mysterious) characters ended up. The story was rich with sizzling chemistry, family dynamics, shifter drama, jealousy, and some dark twists and turns. There’s some resolution, but it also left me wanting more, which means this series will immediately be added to my “to-read” list.

Aurelia is a
Kelshei
Jun 03, 2014 Kelshei rated it really liked it
One of the problems with the Paranormal Romance genre is that the market is rather flooded, so it takes something special to make a book not just another vampire romance or werewolf romance or what have you. ER Pierce has given us that something special. Yes, the book is somewhat trite in that the heroine is “different”. It’s not just that she’s a werewolf, because when one reads a paranormal romance, the hero or heroine being “other” isn’t that weird. But Aurelia is different in that she ...more
Solmarie
Jun 05, 2014 Solmarie rated it really liked it
Aurelia Fridell is different from everyone else in her family. While her family can shift to wolf form she seems to be trapped in an in-between form that makes her a freak to everyone in her town. She is shunned by most. Thought to be beneath them all. Now that her thirtieth birthday has come she is disillusioned and realizes that she'll never have the life she wants with a mate of her own. Until Ceithin Starkley walks into her life.

The first time Ceithin sees Aurelia he rescues her in a bar. He
*~*Lauren from Saints & Sinners Books*~*
I received this book from NetGalley in return for an honest review.

Aurelia is the alpha werewolf’s only daughter. Usually that position comes with a certain aspect of respect and adoration, but not for Aurelia. She has an affliction that makes most male werewolves don’t want in a mate, she cannot fully shift. She’s undesirable #1 when it comes to the werewolf world. She’s given up on the hope that she’ll ever find a mate or even shift… that is, until a dark, handsome out of town werewolf comes
I have to admit- I haven't read that many werewolf books, so I'm not that well versed in werewolf lore. I'm familiar with the fated-to-be-mated thing, but I've never read a story based on it. It was interesting to read about the way Aurelia and Ceithin's relationship would progress. From the moment they meet, there is most certainly an undeniable chemistry between the two.

If you're looking for some steamy sex- this book has definitely got it. All the sexual tension builds, and when the two final
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Hunting Human (Prime Legacy, #1)
  • Wildflower (Wildflower, #1)
  • Be My Banshee (Purple Door Detective Agency #1)
  • Dragon Blues
  • Lycan on the Edge (Broken Heart #13)
  • His Frozen Heart (Brewer Brothers #1)
  • Hell Transporter (Between, #2)
  • Twelve Steps
  • Call of the Sea (Call of the Lycan, #1)
  • Blair: Daughters of Darkness 1 (Daughters of Darkness, #1)
  • Rapunzel and the Billionaire Bear (The Shifter Princes # 4)
  • Destiny Unchained (Shadows of Destiny, #3)
  • Bound Forever (Bound, #2)
  • Mystic Ink
  • Honey, I Shrunk the Werewolf
  • Surrendered to the Pack (Wicked Wolf Shifters, #1)
  • Time's Forbidden Flower (Forbidden Flower, #2)
  • Her Chosen Wolf (Were Chronicles, #1)
Like me on Facebook:
ER Pierce

I'm a work in progress who adores dark chocolate, the fresh mountain air, and the sound of rushing rivers.

I enjoy the salted breeze from the ocean, and the warmth of the sun heating my body as I sit on the rocks listening to the waves and gulls. Just thinking.

My mind is a chaotic mixture of realism and dreams, tempered by my four spirited children and creative husba
More about E.R. Pierce...

Aurelia Fridell (2 books)
  • Moon Justice (Aurelia Fridell #2)

“Time doesn't heal all wounds, handy lie though it may be. Time forces acceptance of what cannot be changed.” 9 likes