Start by marking “The First Madam President: and the dirty bombs” as Want to Read:
The First Madam President: and the dirty bombs

The First Madam President: and the dirty bombs

The United States has not had a woman President in 238 years. With the real possibility that it may happen in 2016, Mr. Kerr has chosen to write a fictional political suspense novel about this subject. He delves into the current atmosphere in Washington and many of the domestic issues facing out government. Let's see how his fictional character, Carolyn Holliday, handles ...more
Kindle Edition
Published April 25th 2014 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about The First Madam President, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First Madam President

Bill Ward
Nov 02, 2014 Bill Ward rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story about the first female President of the USA. There is a good adventure about terrorism and also a side story about how power and love can corrupt. There is also a strong message about leadership and a pragmatic view about governing that I would support but is too often sadly lacking in reality, with the tribal politics of different parties dominating agendas rather than the greater good of the country.
The story is very topical, both in terms of the terrorism and the p
Rebecca
Oct 14, 2014 Rebecca rated it liked it
I debated for a while how I wanted to rate this story. I would have liked to give it 4 stars because it was a well-thought out story, but it had a few faults that kept me from completely being engaged in the story.

Among other things, the dialog was rather stilted at times, and often repeated information. There was quite a bit of back story in the beginning that took me away from the plot of the dirty bombs, which I thought was going to be the main focus from the title. But, the story actually h
Brian Bigelow
Sep 02, 2014 Brian Bigelow rated it it was amazing
One heck of a thriller that I would love to see made into a movie at some point. It would an exciting one I think. With this book you have murder mysteries intertwined with a very believable terrorist plot. It kept me on the edge of my seat as I continued to read. There are so many twists and turns I had to see what happened next.

I was given a copy for a fair review.
Kathryn
Sep 29, 2014 Kathryn rated it really liked it
What a timely novel. Is The First Madam President a look into the future of the United States of America? Time will tell. I found the novel easy to read and interesting considering the threats the world is experiencing.
John W. Howell
Oct 13, 2014 John W. Howell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I first picked up this book due to an interest in the title and how the author handles the subject of the first female president. I had in the back of my mind a possibility the novel could go two ways. The first would be a story told in a traditional manner and predictable outcomes. Such as: Woman has fights with men as first lady. Stacks her cabinet with females and raises all kinds of mayhem while forcing results. The second would be a well-told tale of intrigue and tension between the ...more
RobinLeigh Morgan
Oct 26, 2014 RobinLeigh Morgan rated it liked it
Shelves: my-own-books
The topic of a woman becoming the President of the United States is not as new as one might think. On August 21, 1964 Warner Brothers released a comedy entitled "Kisses For My President," which starred Polly Bergen as the Independent Party Candidate, Leslie McCloud, who won the election to become the first woman President of the United States. Fred MacMurray played her husband Thad McCloud.

While Kenneth J. Kerr didn't mention it, I believe he'd been highly influenced by the ABC drama series "Com
Harmony Kent
Sep 19, 2014 Harmony Kent rated it liked it
The First Madam President is set in modern-day America and uses the scenario of a woman sitting in the White House for the first time in history. Add to that mix a hung government with Congress filled with the opposition party, and a terrorist plot involving 'dirty bombs', not to mention a shady Chief of Staff, and you have the makings of a best seller.

The story is told from Third Person Limited Omniscient POV, which means that the characters should each get their own full scene. Whilst this doe
Kenneth Kerr
May 02, 2014 Kenneth Kerr rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This review is written by the author so it is undoubtedly biased.
The United States has not elected a woman President in 238 years. Could it happen, finally, in 2016? I chose to write a fictional novel about the first woman President. She takes over a dysfunctional government where gridlock and partisanship are the name of the game. The new President, Carolyn Holliday has a choice; stand by her principles and liberal beliefs and fight the Republicans on everything, or reach out, show leadership,
JR Hassett
Aug 26, 2014 JR Hassett rated it really liked it
The First Madam President by Kenneth J Kerr

If you didn't know better you could believe the election for Hilary Clinton had occurred and you were part of her first term of office. The events, people, and places and their descriptions are current and enjoyable. And many of the scenes are accurately depicted. His writing gives you a clear picture of where you are and what is happening.

The story portrays a woman without emotion; cold, calculated, and no discussion or input from families of those tha
Clare Wilson
Jul 24, 2014 Clare Wilson rated it it was amazing
'The First Madam President' follows the first year in office of the first woman to be elected President of the United States. A Democrat working against a Republican majority, she has to find ways to compromise, or her presidency will accomplish nothing.

The thriller, has many twists and turns, and keeps you guessing about the fate of the country and even the moral standing of the woman in charge.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and found it difficult to put down. During the story, there is the ev
Joy Lo-Bamijoko
Sep 07, 2014 Joy Lo-Bamijoko rated it it was amazing
T.W. Barton
Aug 14, 2014 T.W. Barton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an interesting read. I enjoyed seeing the authors vision of what the first woman president's term might be like.

If only it could be that easy to bring the sides together to actually get things done.

Interspersed with all the behinds the scenes look at her first term is a frightening look at a plausible terrorist attack.

While I enjoyed the book there were some points of the plot that required slightly more suspension of reality than some fiction. Some of the timing of events seemed off but if
Shirley McLain
Sep 27, 2014 Shirley McLain rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book from the fist word to the last. It is a fast paced who done it read, with all the political intrigue you could possible wish for. I personally loved the first woman president and the fact she got Washington to function as it should. The characters are strong with excellent dialogue. You will like this book if you read it.
Joy Fox
Joy Fox rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2015
John W. Howell
John W. Howell rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2014
June Finnigan
June Finnigan rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2015
Angel.Oparah
Angel.Oparah rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2015
D.M. Cain
D.M. Cain rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2015
Lynda
Lynda marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Lorraine Adair
Lorraine Adair marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Bill Ward
Bill Ward marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Bethany Turner
Bethany Turner marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Bethany Turner
Bethany Turner marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Bette Stevens
Bette Stevens marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
David Brown
David Brown marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Charlotte Baik
Charlotte Baik marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
John
John marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Kathryn Anne
Kathryn Anne marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
The Book Review E...: New book promotion for reviews 1 9 Aug 11, 2014 08:39AM
Mr. Kerr is retired after a successful business career, which included extensive international travel and living overseas in Hong Kong and Japan for almost a decade. After retiring, and moving to Hilton Head Island, SC he joined the Peace Corps and served as a volunteer in Krasnoyarsk, Russia (in the middle of Siberia). He taught business courses at a University and was a business consultant for ...more
More about Kenneth J. Kerr...