Start by marking “El puente hacia el infinito” as Want to Read:
El puente hacia el infinito

El puente hacia el infinito

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  7,536 ratings  ·  326 reviews
Richard Bach explores the meaning of fate and soulmates in this modern-day fairy tale based on his real-life relationship with actor Leslie Parrish. This unconventional novel is about a riveting love affair between two fully human people who are willing to explore time travel and other dimensions together—even as they grapple with the earthly struggles of intimacy, commitm ...more
Published June 30th 2006 by Ediciones B (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about El puente hacia el infinito, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about El puente hacia el infinito

Samantha
Jul 13, 2008 Samantha rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those seeking
What a beautiful and inspiring lovestory! I am coming to really admire Richard Bach's stories. I think in order to really reap the rewards within the pages, it is helpful to be in a similar phase of life, i.e., to be yourself on a spiritual journey seeking the many wonders of lifes mysteries (with as open a mind as you can muster!).

In this book (which is best read in my opinion in between "Illusions" and "One") is the autobiographical journey Richard embarks on to find his soulmate. The love he
Vikram
Mar 12, 2014 Vikram rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one. Seriously!
This book has ruined lives.
Of almost every woman who has read it.
(I was coaxed into reading it by one!)
They all, poor things, lead the rest of their lives believing that there was a soul mate out there for them.

Fiction: The book itself, a semi auto-biographical tome with the author discovering his ‘soul mate’ (his second wife in real life – an actress whose claim to fame is a bit part in the 1969 Sci-Fi TV series - Star Trek). And how there’s one (soul mate) for everyone.

Fact: The author and his
K.D. Absolutely
Apr 03, 2009 K.D. Absolutely rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Jillian (this is how love should be)
Shelves: love-story
This is so far the most beautiful love story that I've ever read! I liked the storytelling and the heartfelt words nicely written. The plot is not corny as say Spark's A Walk to Remember or Segal's Love Story. Love here is depicted by the long and ethereal flights taken by the lovers. Their love soared heights and when they are up there, with the way Bach used to describe their emotions - you can feel the intensity of their feeling for each other and their union with forever (like the boundless ...more
Sarath Krishnan
Michael Bakhtin formulated the idea called dialogism while studying the nature of the literary form called 'novel'. Bakhtin identifies 'polyphony' as the greatest quality of the genre, by which he means its ability to include diverse voices within the same work. Different contradictory elements exists in a single literary work, complementing each other.

A good literary piece is one which reflects different ideological strands without affecting the central or dominant voice of the 'author'. Richar
Maggie
What a terribly sh!tty book. My first 0-star rating. I don't understand how anyone can give this book any stars. It honestly lessens my opinion of them as human beings. Are they thirteen years old? Have they not actually lived lives themselves, with all its depth and nuances and complications?

I should've known what I was in for, as it was one of the two books ever that my boyfriend said he couldn't finish. But I was seeking revenge, for him reading The Plague after I told him it was Boring. Less
Angela Long
This book really wasn't for me. It was a task to make myself pick it up and read. I found the writing construed and self absorbed. If Richard truly believes in soul-mates and forever and that this woman was the one then why is he no longer with her? Also why is there no mention of his children from his previous marriage? Such a shame. The one thing that does show through is Richard's selfishness.
I found one quote that I liked so I suppose all is not lost.
When asked about beautiful women being tr
Sheila
I read this book again to see if it still hit as hard as it did when I discovered it in college amid the long distance angst of having met my future husband...and the lines and writing still sounded as strong as they did then and still amazes me how some books find you when you need to find them...the odds of coming across this book at that time were so very small yet there it was echoing what I felt I was living...now I am not sure it reads as well as then. More emotional memory than stellar wr ...more
Daniel Simmons
Put aside for the moment the fact that author Bach divorced his so-called "soulmate" (which rather kindles the wick of the dynamite tied to the support columns of this "bridge across forever"). I respect the author's apparently earnest wide-eyed enthusiasm, but the WRITING... I knew I was in trouble early on when I encountered this: "How long have I been missing you, dear soulmate, I thought, dear wise mystical lovely lady?" Some three hundred pages later, I was floundering around in "Unless one ...more
Ellen
This book was a find for a quarter or some low price somewhere as a take along for a vacation months ago. I got it as Jonathan Livington Seagull has stuck with me in my mind for decades. I though why not??

As it turns out I am at a point in my life where I wonder if I will be alone the rest of my life or will I find someone "special". This love story has given me hope. Right now, that is enough.

Enjoy it!!!!!
Krisaundra
The ultimate love story told from a man's point of view... it was not only a great read because it was from a male point of view, but because it taught me much more than I ever expected to learn about love from any book, and especially for one written in novel form... it also reminded me of the importance of listening to that voice inside each of us we may not always be in tune with... most important it helped me realize that sometimes one person can be all the roles we seek such as friend, love ...more
Joe
Oh my god, this is one of the worst books I've ever read. I read it nearly ten years ago and my brain is still searing. I hate it and want to kill it. Die, you piddly New Age piece of crap.

Oh you want a reason? Whiny, egocentric, complete embodiment of the worst of older men who believe they deserve everything. At one point he starts having epiphanies about soulmates and just when I was about to lose total interest, he reveals that, and this is ALL AUTOBIOGRAPHICAL mind you, he and his soul mate
Linda Atnip
This exquisite metaphysical love story based on the author's relationship with his wife, and soulmate, Leslie Parish is one of my favorite reads. It is told in a mystical style that explains multi-dimensional soul aspects interacting across time.

One of my favorite passages occurs when the writer, Bach, travels to the future and sees his now finished book shelved, and tries to read the title. When he returns to the here and now, he recalls, "It said something about a bridge." These types of momen
Velanche
This is one book that's resonated with me through my core when I read it years ago, and again recently. This is my kind of love story, and my kind of lady (the woman who would eventually become the author's wife). Love it.
Serkelion
Adoro R. Bach. L'ho sempre considerato nella top ten dei miei autori preferiti. Eppure questo libro m'ha fortemente deluso, e a quanto pare non sono l'unico.
E' vero, anche gli altri lavori sono fortemente autobiografici, come ad esempio Straniero alla Terra e Biblano. Ma almeno, in quei casi, la narrazione si mescola agli eventi, riflessioni e metafore. Un ponte sull'eternità è invece il banale diario della sua love-story con Leslie Parrish, una patinata e noiosa cronaca (tra l'altro idealizzat
Victor McGuire
Nov 19, 2013 Victor McGuire rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: My friends
I read thus book in grad school in the late 80s . It was such a good read about the fairy tale love affair between Richard Bach and actress Leslie Parrish.
I really enjoyed it at the time. I have included a review from amazon.

Amazon.com Review
Bestselling author Richard Bach explores the meaning of fate and soul mates in this modern-day fairytale based on his real-life relationship with actor Leslie Parrish. "This is a story about a knight who was dying, and the princess who saved his life," Bach
Mila Martinsone
Recenzija par Ričarda Baha grāmatu "Tilts pāri mūžībai"

Ričards Bahs ir literatūras klasiķis un sapņains lidotājs no divdesitā gadsimta, no Amerikas. Sarakstījis nevienu vien aizraujošu un dzīves gudru gāmatu. Vienu no tām nesen izlasīju. "Tilts pāri mūžībai" ir romāns pār dzīves likstām un laimes mirkļiem savas dvēseles radinieces meklējumos. Manuprāt, autors uzrakstījis šai grāmatai ļoti piemērotu virsrakstu. No vienas puses tas ir metaforisks ar zemtekstu, kas lasītāju, pirms grāmatas izlasī
Joey Closson
Though it has "love story" in the title, this is less of a "romance" and more of a mental and emotional journey for the lead character/narrator "Richard." What happens to him in the (somewhat of a love story) isn't all that remarkable or interesting to be honest, but Bach captures the purity of emotions emotions perfectly. As Richard jumps from seeking love to avoiding and dances around his long running on-again off-again relationship you can't help but say to yourself at times, "Man, that's exa ...more
Rich
Pure platitudinous puke. One of the worst books I've actually kept reading until I finished (although I honestly don't know how I did it). This is probably the only one star rating you'll see from me, because there are too many good books out there to squander time on the crummy ones. I just stop reading those I don't enjoy partway through, and I don't rate them.

I also have a problem with writing bad reviews, because I don't think it's fair to the writer. If I don't like it, and I do happen to
Idea Smith
I read this book as a teenager among a flurry of other Bach books. While the others pontificated and shared ideas that I'm still pondering, this one brought the concept of love in a modern world, outside of fairytales. I read this again, as an adult, all these years later. And I realise what a good thing it was to have read a love story of this sort when I was young. It's honest, brutal at times. It doesn't paint love as a 'happily ever after' concept. Bach and Leslie have their fair share of pr ...more
Ramneet Kaur
We aren't dust, We are magic! The book is highly recommended to those who believe in the concept of soul mates. It has been written as a first hand experience of a writer in quest of his soulmate and then his own fears to acknowledge her and how he manages to overcome them.
Viji Sarath (Bookish endeavors)
Dear mr.soulmate,

If you are out there,please do not read this book. You will be wasting your precious time which you can use for finding me. Or may be,you can read it and find it out for yourself since that is what you would like to do if you are like me. Anyway,I didn't like the book at all. The only thing that got my attention was the letter and the name 'Wookie'. The only extra star because of that and because of the fact that it was recommended by an important person.

Yours in waiting,
Viji.
Barrie
I'm inclined to believe Bach wrote this book with the intent to merely capitalize on the lonely and lovelorn.
I think the aspects of character that make people "soulmates", would certainly make the two naturally desirous (if not compelled) to share each others lives for the duration of their time 'mantled in clay'.
In that sense, his divorce would seem to render his book into a speciously motivated pile of saccharine drivel.
Future printings should be re-titled something like:
· "Ooops....nevermind
William III
It's a strange feeling living your life a certain way, with certain ideas of what love is and what it's capable of achieving, then someone comes along and changes your perception, everything you believed to be true.

Since meeting this person, I've been doing research on the concept of soulmates and what I've read is the only thing that seems to make sense to me anymore.

Not this book, however. Anyone coming to this book hoping for some romantic love story about true soulmates that found one anot
Kelly
Me? Read a love story?

Very out of character for me, but I have always loved this book. I think mostly because it's about real love. Not fairy tale bulls*^t, but terrifying - "I'm exposing myself to you, do not crush me, please" love.

The kind you try to sabatoge even though it's wonderful.

Read it even if you don't like love stories - if nothing else you get to be a voyeur to a facinating love relationship between 2 adults, that isn't mushy or cheesy.
Gilbert 04
I enjoyed this one, made my heart more beatings! I love inspiring stories and deep thinking. This was something new for me at the time that I read it in high school and I fell in love with the whole idea of quantum physics (though I am not that technical of a person). I love the idea of wondering the what if's. I love the fact that we don't always have to get along to love or be loved. So thank you, Richard Bach--for this lovely book, I really appreciate it!!
Jon
Just as others have said, the timing of my reading this delightful story, must have been critical. I too have my beliefs concerning soul mates and the news of the divorce and of Richards re marrying simply writes a closing chapter all of its own for me.
Perhaps if we are to subscribe to the concept that we are indeed 'all connected' and all part of 'one universal law' then maybe its ok to have more than 'one' soul mate. Hmmmm.
Nevertheless, this book stands alone as a fine read for all of those
Pandora Groovensnore
4 stelle x' 5 sono solo x il Mio gabbiano preferito :) bella riflessione su una ancor più bella storia d'Amore...penso che dopo quasi 10 anni, qs estate me lo rileggerò, sono certa che ci troverò ancora qcosa di nuovo.
Rene Grippo
This is the book I used to make my favorite first wife fall in love with me. So, I have a special place in my heart for it. Besides that I love Richard Bach's writing style.
Marjorie
I hate to even admit I read this schlocky crap. Ugh. Back when I was silly and didn't know any better....don't waste your eyes or brainpower on this!
Little Bet
Este librito... Creo que el tiempo que me llevó leerlo fue porque le puse muchísima atención. Me gustó menos que el primero de la serie, su precuela. Porque ese era un libro corto, conciso, y sabio. Lleno de una cantidad de máximas tan ciertas.
Este libro juega un poco más con la ficción, a veces Richard Bach se pierde en detalles, sobre aviación, leyes fiscales, bla bla bla. Usualmente me llevó a pensar que había perdido el objetivo. Sin embargo ahora veo que fue un error, igualmente error, per
  • Depths of Glory: A Biographical Novel of Camille Pisarro
  • The Man
  • Notes to Myself: My Struggle to Become a Person
  • The Laws of Spirit: A Tale of Transformation
  • The Secret of Shambhala: In Search of the Eleventh Insight (Celestine Prophecy, #3)
  • The Last Undercover: The True Story of an FBI Agent's Dangerous Dance with Evil
  • Fire from Within
  • My Mate's Embrace (Siberian Volkov Pack, #3)
  • The Katres' Summer (The Soul-Linked Saga , #3 )
  • Dancing in the Light
  • A Question of Love (Questions for a Highlander, #1)
  • Overworld
  • Uh-oh - Some Observations From Both Sides Of The Refrigerator Door
  • Fillets Of Plaice
  • A Wolf's Pride (Love Bites, #3)
  • Loving Each Other
  • Un altro giro di giostra
  • How Like a God (Suburban Gods, #1)

Since Jonathan Livingston Seagull - which dominated the #1 spot on the New York Times Bestseller List for two consecutive years - Richard Bach has touched millions of people through his humor, wisdom and insight.

With over 60 million copies of his books sold, Richard Bach remains one of the world's most beloved authors. A former USAF fighter pilot, Air Force captain and latter-day barnstorm
More about Richard Bach...
Jonathan Livingston Seagull Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah One There's No Such Place as Far Away Messiah's Handbook: Reminders for the Advanced Soul

“I’m here not because I am supposed to be here, or because I’m trapped here, but because I’d rather be with you than anywhere else in the world.” 584 likes
“That’s why love stories don’t have endings! They don’t have endings because love doesn’t end.” 218 likes