Start by marking “Guardian (The Veiled Worlds, #3)” as Want to Read:
Guardian (The Veiled Worlds, #3)

Guardian (The Veiled Worlds #3)

The grand city of Movoc-under-Keeper lies in ruins. The sinister puppet men have revealed their true nature, and their plan to tear down the veil between worlds. To have a chance of defeating them, Tanyana must do the impossible, and return to the world where they were created, on the other side of the veil. Her journey will force her into a terrible choice, and test just ...more
Published June 6th 2014 by FableCroft Publishing (first published June 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Guardian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guardian

Ju Transcendancing
This is my third book reviewed as part of the Australian Women Writer's Challenge for 2014. I've reviewed this over at my blog The Conversationalist: Guardian by Jo Anderton (Book 3 in the Veiled Worlds series). Originally published here on Goodreads but adjusted to align with my general practice of reviewing for AWWC on my blog.
Alan Baxter
Aug 07, 2014 Alan Baxter rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
This third and final book of The Veiled Worlds is better than both the previous two and they were excellent. Guardian is a solid conclusion to this story. While Debris and Suited were very much in the science-fantasy category, with Suited leaning a bit more towards SF, Guardian is unashamedly science-fiction, yet unique in its SF stance. It's like The Matrix meets Shadowrun meets the Q Continuum, all mixed with Anderton magic. Highly recommended.
Paul Bonamy
Jul 10, 2014 Paul Bonamy rated it it was amazing
I read this entire trilogy over a pretty short span of time, without really stopping in between to rate the books or post reviews. That being the case, this review is going to cover all three, with an eye toward not spoiling anything from the first two (and even then, not really spoiling anything that isn't in the book's blurb).

One of the things I find most astounding about Debris is that it's pretty obviously a fantastical world, but it behaves like a science-fictional world. People have these
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
Katharine is a judge for the Sara Douglass 'Book Series' Award. This entry is the personal opinion of Katharine herself, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of any judging panel, the judging coordinator or the Aurealis Awards management team.

To be safe, I won't be recording my thoughts (if I choose to) here until after the AA are over.
John
Dec 23, 2014 John rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
I continue to enjoy this series.High points for the level of creativity and easy to understand sci-fi terminology.Although the story is complex its told in a way that the reader can grasp the concepts without frying your brain .This is sci-fi done right.
Charles Cohen
Feb 09, 2015 Charles Cohen rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Amazing climax. Really brought everything together in a deeply satisfying way, which can't have been easy with such a fascinating world.
Rivqa
Jul 17, 2014 Rivqa rated it really liked it
So, so good... And now it's over. Now please Jo!
Tsana Dolichva
Sep 06, 2014 Tsana Dolichva rated it really liked it
Guardian by Jo Anderton is the third book in the Veiled Worlds Trilogy. I have to admit, when I read book two, Suited, I didn't realise there was going to be a sequel (although in retrospect, I probably should have). And then the publisher of the first two books didn't pick up the third, so it was a longer wait than usual for this concluding volume. Luckily FableCroft did pick up Guardian, so we can all enjoy the ending to the story started in Debris. I have to warn you, though: if you haven't ...more
Barbara ★
I spent most of the book (more than half really) confused and lost. Nothing made any sense and honestly that could be my faulty memory and my less than scientific brain. A lot of what was going on I simply couldn't picture and therefore couldn't follow. This book seemed to start in left field and slowly, oh so slowly bring itself around to right field when the two stories converged and finally started making sense.

All in all I did enjoy this book (well the last 100 pages or so) and thought the s
Tyrannosaurus regina
Because it was released through a different publisher, it took me a while to realise this book was even out! It was...different from the previous two. That's not necessarily a bad thing, because internally it held up, but I also missed the world I thought I'd be reading about. It was a satisfying conclusion, and included many really visceral moments that I loved, but overall I didn't entirely buy in.
Edwina Harvey
Nov 19, 2014 Edwina Harvey rated it liked it
It's good to see this final installment in the Veiled Worlds series published and available. While I mostly enjoyed it, I got lost a few times while reading it and felt the book ended with more questions than answers for the reader.
Nic
Sep 29, 2015 Nic rated it liked it
This was a good conclusion to the trilogy, but not as strong as the first two books. I would give it a solid 3.5.
dogpossum
dogpossum rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Pat
Pat rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2015
Matt
Matt rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2014
Abby
Abby rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Jiří Turčín
Jiří Turčín rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2015
Kiera
Kiera rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2014
ben
ben rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2014
Jamie Moore
Jamie Moore rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2015
Lexi
Lexi rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2015
Jon Chaisson
Jon Chaisson rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2014
Sandra Smiley
Sandra Smiley rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2015
Wim Nathan
Wim Nathan rated it it was ok
Nov 26, 2014
Stuart Jones
Stuart Jones rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2014
Antonia E Iacampo
Antonia E Iacampo rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Steven
Steven rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2014
Emma
Emma rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2014
Christopher
Christopher rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2014
  • The Foretelling of Georgie Spider (The Tribe, #3)
  • Irradiated (The Tunnel Trilogy, #1)
  • Lifespan of Starlight
  • Borderlands (Chasing the Valley #2)
  • Dark Star (The Rosie Black Chronicles, # 3)
  • Unwanted
  • Day Boy
  • Only Ever Always
  • Fall (Twinmaker, #3)
  • Hour of Need (The Laws of Magic, #6)
  • Song of the Slums
  • A Single Stone
  • Reign of Beasts (Creature Court, #3)
  • Violet Mackerel's Natural Habitat (Violet Mackerel, #3)
  • Peacemaker (Peacemaker, #1)
  • Grimsdon
  • The Red Wind (The Kingdom of the Lost #1)
  • A City Called Smoke (The Territory, #2)
Joanne Anderton lives in Sydney, Australia, with her husband and too many pets. By day she is a mild-mannered marketing coordinator for an Australian book distributor. By night, weekends and lunchtimes she writes dark fantasy, horror a little bit of science fiction and a whole lot of weird stuff in between.

Her short fiction has been published in a variety of places, including Aurealis, Andromeda S
More about Jo Anderton...

The Veiled Worlds (3 books)
  • Debris (The Veiled Worlds, #1)
  • Suited (The Veiled Worlds, #2)