Start by marking “The President's Pilot” as Want to Read:
The President's Pilot

The President's Pilot

First-of-her-kind President Libby Paulsen is in a world of trouble. Her controversial agenda has made her the target of a right wing military cabal led by an enigmatic Air Force general. The conspirators will stop at nothing—including assassination—to remove Libby Paulsen from office. When the cabal targets Air Force One, Libby’s Presidency—and her life—rest in the hands ...more
Published March 25th 2014 by Black Star Press (first published March 23rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The President's Pilot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The President's Pilot

Jim A
Jan 18, 2015 Jim A rated it really liked it
This is a very fast paced book. Very little wasted verbiage.

Very much like Fletcher Knebel's Seven Days In May only with a lot more action. An extreme right wing of the military as well as some of the secret service and paramilitary mercenaries are trying to kill the president because she is trying to normalize relationships with Iran.

If a reader likes action packed novels and enjoys reading about flying, this is one that should be read.

Arthur
Jan 02, 2015 Arthur rated it it was amazing
The President's Pilot by Robert Gandt

Gandt keeps you from laying this one down. Action and excitement on every page. A story you won't believe could happen in today's world, but in reality, such a plot could be feasible, not probable, but feasible. Thanks for a great thriller ride. Looking forward to the next one.
Chris Allen
Nov 19, 2014 Chris Allen rated it really liked it
Good read

Although some parts were some what predictable, the book just makes you want to continue reading with its suspense. Had a hard time putting it down.
Samyann
At just over eight hours of listening, The President’s Pilot is a bit shorter than my usual preference. I like ‘m long. The story is, however, a page turner; you’ll be caught up immediately in the story and something is happening all the time.

I’d have preferred a different take on the opening. The Vice President of the United States is getting a blow job while on the telephone with the President. A silly, trashy, and gratuitous attempt at shock and awe by the author, in my opinion; it served no
Jessie
Aug 10, 2016 Jessie rated it really liked it
This was a simple but fun thriller. This is the first book I've read by this author, and I think that I will read him again. I was in need of fluff and this did it for me. It was interesting that this book was written a while ago, and yet I could see this happening now after our current presidential race. I'm sure that whoever wins the election- many people will be unhappy. So- this makes the book pretty believable. **stop here for spoilers** Our president, a woman, LIbby Poulsen, is in the ...more
Larry
Jan 24, 2015 Larry rated it really liked it
This is a new author for me. I’m delighted that Mr. Gandt produced a real page-tuner of a book. I found it fast paced and exciting.

The Vice President of the United States has been assassinated. A secret, ultra-right wing radical group, consisting of high ranking military, politicians, and even Secret Service agents are now out to install a new conservative government by downing Air Force 1 and killing the President. The President’s pilot, however, didn’t come up through the regular ranks but ra
M. Dobson
Apr 18, 2015 M. Dobson rated it liked it
Libby wasn't take charge, and I hate whimpy female characters--even if she is a support character. She's not the lead, but she's President of the United States; she can't moan all day about whether she should be in charge. I mean seriously??? The way to beef up your main protagonist is to build him up, not take down supporting characters.

As to the President's Pilot, okay, it's not the worse first book, but not up to the level I expect. I can't complain too much though because it was an Audible D
Michael Picco
Jan 25, 2015 Michael Picco rated it it was amazing
Fast-paced and intense!

This book grabs the reader right from the start. A paramilitary cabal is intent on killing the president and many elected officials below her in order to install a puppet regime to take over the U.S. government. Using the power of the military and the intelligence community, this cabal doesn't let up! I found this book a hard one to put down.
Brian
May 27, 2015 Brian rated it it was ok
A very light read. Enjoyed the aeronautical aspects, but the President just never seemed controversial enough to warrant a coup. Had the President truly demonstrated major character flaws it would have been more believable.
Feb 10, 2015 Jennifer rated it did not like it
The book itself is a quick, predictable page turner. I got it as an audible daily deal when I was out of credits. The narrator was horrible! Grumbly grandpa. I really don't there could ever be such a powerful conspiracy within the government as exists in this story.
Rita McDowell
Sep 08, 2014 Rita McDowell rated it it was amazing
Very Exciting!

This was a very well written and exciting read from beginning to the end. Impossible to put down throughout the entire book. Excellent and well worth reading!
Chris
Jul 10, 2016 Chris rated it really liked it
An enjoyable story filled with lots of action. Almost as dramatic as what's going on in politics today.
Rajesh
Sep 24, 2015 Rajesh rated it it was amazing
Unputdownable amazing read. Finished between breakfast and dinner, it simply lit up a gloomy Sunday just as the Sun would!
Ret Yeager
Jan 21, 2015 Ret Yeager rated it it was ok
Why did I even read all of this book? Good question. Plot was predictable, characters were flat and not very likeable. Forgettable book.
Mary
Apr 26, 2015 Mary rated it liked it
I tried listening to this, but I couldn't tolerate the narrator. I switched to the written version was entertained only slightly more, though I did get through the book.
Michaela
Jan 11, 2016 Michaela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: aviation
Absolute page-turner. You get drawn into the story so easily and will literally be on the edge of your seat biting your fingers nervously as you read.
Frances
Feb 12, 2015 Frances rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible, audio-2015
a group of influential people are determinded to kill the president ,as you would expect a fast paced thriller.
I definately got more than my moneys worth from this cheap daily deal from Audible
Mburnham
Mburnham rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2016
Sharon Pitchforth
Sharon Pitchforth rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2016
LaChandra Freeney
LaChandra Freeney rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2015
Genya Inman
Genya Inman rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2015
Jason Castro
Jason Castro rated it it was ok
Jan 14, 2015
Harish
Harish rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2015
RUSSELL F. MARONG
RUSSELL F. MARONG rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2016
Florence
Jan 14, 2015 Florence added it
Shelves: audio-books
great book, edge of my seat.
Marc Brickel
Marc Brickel rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2015
Missy Graf
Decent story, with some twists and turns.
Dr. Stanley A. Sozanski
Dr. Stanley A. Sozanski rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2015
DAVID WERT
DAVID WERT rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2015
G. Bassett
G. Bassett rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Vietnam War: A Concise International History
  • Seal Team One
  • Curse of the Infidel (Rogue Warrior, #17)
  • Six Degrees of Assassination
  • Shattered Trident (Jerry Mitchell, #4)
  • Invasion: Alaska (Invasion America, #1)
  • The Sniper and the Wolf (Sniper Elite, #3)
  • Running the Maze (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #5)