Start by marking “The Art of Control (The Art of D/s #3)” as Want to Read:
The Art of Control (The Art of D/s #3)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

The Art of Control (The Art of D/s #3)

4.18  ·  Rating Details ·  1,146 Ratings  ·  166 Reviews
Alternate cover image for ASIN

Warning: Contains moderate BDSM themes, graphic sexual encounters, profanity, Dom/me in action, oral and anal sex. Intended for adult readers 18+. Not for the faint of heart or closed-minded individuals.

Having moved on from the terrible events of two months earlier, Dylan and Isa try to move on with their lives. Things seem to be going well
Published April 29th 2014 (first published April 28th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Control, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of Control

Real by Katy EvansBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesKnight by Kristen AshleyBared to You by Sylvia Day
True Alpha Males Who do not SHARE their women.
278th out of 643 books — 769 voters
Club Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairMake Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairMaster of the Mountain by Cherise Sinclair
BDSM Fiction
460th out of 814 books — 1,267 voters

More lists with this book...

Ella Dominguez
Apr 05, 2016 Ella Dominguez rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
4/5/2016

The journey to re-write my Art of D/s trilogy begins today. Technically, it began several months ago, having unpublished all three books and completed one chapter.

When I say re-write, that's precisely what I mean. I am completely over-hauling all three books. What was originally written in first person narrative is being changed to third person. It's quite a daunting undertaking, especially when considering how lengthy the books are. But, I genuinely believe that this change is for the b
Amber Rose
Spoiler free

5++++ panties soaking wet STARS

Where to begin with this review...

First what an outstanding last book to this series... Unless I can get Ella to write me my own personal books for me forever!!!! I would really adore you even more Ella. *HINT HINT*

Well, my BODY was ready!!!!

my body is ready photo: my body is ready ab_zps68dd6d1e.gif

"I thought you were a delicate fucking flower?" "I am. I'm a delicate flower that likes to be fucked hard. So what?

Finally I have Dylan and Isa back. I have missed these two so much I was hurting. I needed
.Lili.
Apr 19, 2013 .Lili. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 crazy, arousing, emotional stars!

When I first began this story I was excited and sad to begin. I was excited to finally to continue Isa's and Dylan's journey, but I was sad because it's bringing a step closer to the end. This book had my emotions allll over the place.

Me at the beginning...
Excited to start.

Here's a run down of my emotions while I was reading....
And then finally...
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
At the end I knew Ella had delivered another great book!
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
And this picture describes what I'm feeling r
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo DominguezArtofControl3TitlebySueBee_zpsf29916d5.jpg
 photo mistrewssBWbysb_zpsbb4bd7db.gif
! The Art of D/s, book 3 of 3. The conclusion of Dylan’s and Isa’s whirlwind saga of BDSM sexual exploration, personal growth, demons & villains, all in the name of love.

“In my personal opinion, it’s those people who deny their sexuality that need the help, not people like me and Isa. We’re living out our fantasies with each other, we’re not hurting anyone and it’s completely consensual. Why can’t the world understand that? F~ck anyone who has the nerve to judge the way we decide to lov
Shurrn
The final installment in the D/s Trilogy gave us a truly stunning conclusion to the whirlwind relationship between Dylan and Isa...
Just when I thought it was impossible to love him anymore, I do. I love him entirely, completely, eternally and infinitely, and beyond the stars and universe.

This book was a perfect example of how to balance panty-melting Erotica with an intriguing and thought-provoking storyline...
It featured emotional turmoil (for both the MCs as well as the Reader),
personal grow
 ♥  Barb ♥
May 03, 2013 ♥ Barb ♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-vault, arc
~~~5 Master Dylan stars~~~

"Pleasing you, my Master, owner and husband, and cherishing you for the Dominant that you are, and feeling a sense of pride in the pleasure and joy that I give to you when I'm obedient and things are perfect and just the way you want them to be. BDSM gives me that sense of purpose and that purpose is to submit to you completely and to accept your gift of submission to me."

[image error]

This is the continued love story of Dylan and Isa.
I'm sad that it's over, but what a
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
4.5 UBER SIZZLING STARS!

The final installment of The Art of D/s. This book picks up soon after The Art of Domination leaves off. Dylan and Isa are happily married and recovered as good as can be expected from all things Cassiegate. Her dad is still lurking in the shadows and Dylan vows to eliminate him. He's excited to surprise Isa with the honeymoon she never got- a trip to Paris.

This book, especially the first half was hot hot hot. It had tons of sex and BDSM scenes....almost too much. I was
RomanceBookVixen ~ Vianca
5++++ HOT BDSM STARS.... WOW WOW WOW

I absolutely LOVED this series.

"Of course, there are the jackasses who insist we're both sick and need help. In my personal opinion, it's those people who deny their sexuality that need the help, not people like me and Isa. We're living out our fantasies with each other, were not hurting anyone and its completely consensual. Why can't the world understand that? fuck anyone who has the nerve to judge the way we decide to love each other." Dylan
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
OMG - I went to bed thinking about this book and woke doing the same. I can't tell you how fanfreakingtastic this book is but I am going try!!

This book is the last book in The Art of trilogy series. As the end of a trilogy, you expect a HEA, it's the journey getting there that is anticipated and unexpected. All reading this book will have read the first two so we are all familiar with Dylan and Isa and their intense relationship.

This book picks up with a delayed honeymoon trip to Paris. We get
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
5 Holy Dazzling Stars!!!!!
“I want to crawl into his heart and live there forever. I vow to do whatever it takes to make him happy and keep him safe. I will exist to please only him. My entire world belongs to him now. He is mine and I am his. He is my Master and my everything.”

Dylan and Isa’s incredible story has captivated me throughout this spectacular series. The story is intriguing and the characters have depth and purpose.

If you like alpha males and sassy females who have a sense of hum
Lorie
Apr 19, 2013 Lorie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Christian Grey? Who’s that? DYLAN YOUNG IS THE MAN YOU NEED TO MEET!!!!!

AMAZING, FABULOUS, PERFECT!!!!!

At first this was going to be my review because no words will ever do this justice:

Love it, love it, fucking love it!!!! Read this series now!

But, I decided to at least try to get my thoughts down on paper only because I this series so much!

If you do yourself only one favor this year, it should be to pick up the Art of D/s series. I honestly cannot say enough about this series and Ella's wri
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Pretty
Rating: NC-7
Steaminess: Super Hot
Overall: Yummy
Characters: Well Done
Plot: Two people fight their demons & overcoming love
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Dylan

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
Talk about emotional rollercoaster. This book had it all, ups, downs, highs, lows and even curve balls. This series only gets better with each book. It’s hard to realize that it’s over. I long for more. It means I have to pick up more
Carla ☺Did I Say That☺
I can't express how much I love this couple..this series ranks as one of my all time favorites! I have my fingers crossed hoping for a fourth book!!! Well done Ella! ;)
Gabby
Re-Read May 10, 2013

Dear Ms. Dominguez,

Finally, here's my review.

Definitely, I really, really, really enjoy this trilogy; I can even say it is one of my favourite ones. I l.o.v.e.d it!!!! With Mr. Sylvain Reynard's, Gabriel's Inferno & Gabriel's Rapture, this is fore-more my fave books.

It's all I want in an ending book for a trilogy/series:

1. Honesty [on the writing].
2. Depth [ditto].
3. A conclusion [A REAL ONE].
4. Coherence on characters AND plot.
5. Not wanting to extend a story/pl
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'
Holy Angst Overload! This Pussycat needs to take a deep breath and calm her tits...
This series finale was edge of seat panty gripping stuff as drama after drama unfolded. It was incredibly emotional, sweltering hot, and executed perfectly. If you are intrigued by BDSM romances or the idea as a whole, then bypass the 101 handbook and read this series, because Dylan Young will teach you everything you need to know. ;)

BOOK REVIEW – The Art of Control (The art of D/s, #3) Ella Dominguez

“You know, de
Merc
May 12, 2013 Merc rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

I truly enjoyed this series. As I told my friend, this whole series was just so engrossing. Just when you thought Isa and Dylan were on their way to a HEA... something would happen. In the end, it was a heart-wrencing story of healing, devotion, survival and unconditional love. There were some aspects of the book, that being their sadistic tendencies, that were not my favorite. However, I really just overlooked it because it was such a superbly told story. And not being a big fan of of
Taralinda
Wow. What an intense, and somewhat depressing, book! There were so many NOOOO! moments, I was on the verge of tears numerous times. I'm so sad this series ended!

description

I feel like I need to catch my breath after reading this.
"What is it about Paris that I just can't keep my hands off of you?"
"It has nothing to do with Paris and everything to do with my raw sexuality, baby. I'm fucking irresistible"

Isa's dad is once again his usual evil self and seriously fucking with Dylan and Isa throughout the who
Honey Warren
Feb 28, 2014 Honey Warren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Here we go again!!!! Ella you had me at hello=) This book/series is fantastic! Extraordinary! Superb!!!

photo C52E7595-810B-4FEF-9509-71304D102370.gif

Isabel you little pussycat you might just be my favorite female ever!!

photo tumblr_m45ls3B4D71rv0soro1_500.gif

I fell in "like" with her in book 1 by book 3 i am in "LOVE" with her and her bad a$$!!=) Mistress Isabel there really are no words!

photo 94D1914D-ACEE-4D22-BD6E-95C7433632D9.jpg

Dylan couldn't have been anymore yummy!!!

"you’re jaw-dropping, awe-inspiring beautiful, my sweet lover,”

photo 71451553-5099-4085-A18F-6BCD98AD2FCD.jpg

There were pieces of this book that totally wrecked me!! I mean totally! I love the e
 Donna's ★☆ Dirty Little Secrets ☆★
5+Stars!! I ADORE Ella Dominguez!

Another Work of Art to complete the series!

This book was such a fantastic continuation of the story of Dylan & Isa. So many series end on a flat note, creating more of a long winded epilogue than a book .. THIS IS NOT the case when it comes to The Art of Control.

There is so much action from cover to cover ... with story lines that began in the previous books in the series, but also new story lines that give us more insight into some of the other characters.

An
Joyce
May 12, 2013 Joyce rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
uhhh I hope it more to this story! I need to know more especially with Sawyer!!!
Fathima
Mar 26, 2016 Fathima rated it it was amazing
Ooh la la ! This series was such a page turner .... Dylan and Isa are fire together, fire !!!
Hannah
Jun 08, 2013 Hannah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Full-of-Happy-Tears Stars

The GIF above mirrors my reaction by the time I finished reading this book. I crave for more because I ship for this couple so freaking hard it hurts! Ms. Dominguez really doesn't disappoint! I'm utterly satisfied with the final installment of The Art Of D/s series. This book exceeds beyond my expectations. The BDSM theme is presented in such a way that inspires myself a whole new perspective about this lifestyle. And not to forget how I've maddeningly fallen in love
Heather
May 25, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: BDSM Romance lovers
Dylan and Isa. This story continues to go deeper into their story of love and trust. I should warn you all that this one is a serious tear-jerker!

If you have not read books 1 and 2 stop reading this review now and go read them, otherwise this is just one gigantic spoiler!

Dylan and Isa are now husband and wife. They are continuing to explore their lives in the BDSM culture. Isa has discovered that she is a true switch and Dylan has discovered that he likes to be spanked sometimes. Kinky? Hell ye
Shantal  (VERIFED BOOK LOVER)
I'm not sure I can write a review that accurately states how I feel about this series . This book was sadistic and angsty to the max. They went through soooooo much ,I cannot even begin to state .
(view spoiler)
Kathy Moldoveanu
#ARC recieved for a honest review#

Holy wet panties! This books was amazing. We can see so much badass Isa, especially in Paris at the BDSM club.

Plus, we have a great insight of Dylan and Sawyer bromance. These two guys are better than an old married couple.
The action was very well put and I have to congratulate Ella for the great comic lines.
As I wrote on Twitter,

Because of @ella_dominguez when I'll hear the sound 'boink' or read the word 'boink' it will never be the same.

— E. M. Katherine
Yve
Apr 19, 2013 Yve rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Michelle Floyd
Seven months after Dylan & Isabel met, they're now married and Dylan surprises Isa with a trip to Paris for their honeymoon where sexy & kinky, fun times ensue! However, Isa is still struggling to put the events of her past behind her and gain some sort of control over her life & emotions. Dylan wants to help Isa get over her horrific past, and as a result, does the only thing he knows that will help her, he relinquishes control to her. Dylan & Isa are both able to to give and ...more
Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥
Wowsers!

Before I go into the gushy part of reviewing this last book in the trilogy I have got say that I was very close to knocking a star off at the 1st quarter of this book. I was having a hard time reading so many sex scenes - yeah I know seems ridiculous doesn't it, but there was such a fest going on I was getting frustrated at where the story had disappeared to. But I can happily say it settled down and the plot came exploding back to the forefront, stayed on track and oh boy I can only sa
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
3.75The Art of Control by Ella Dominguez (The Art of D/s book 3)

Well hello, Mistress Isabel
 photo dominatrix-in-red.jpg
She has come out to play
 photo 6479.gif
Oh, la, la switch Dylan
 photo tumblr_mrej59BLTl1r13k1fo1_500.gif
But seriously
 photo 7317706.gif

This book would have been excellent with editing and details that aligned.
Margaret
Oct 17, 2013 Margaret rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm stuck. The first half of the book (for me)was a little on the too much bdsm not enough story. I know, I know, I'm slapping myself for say 'too much' so I would rate the first half of the book a 3.5 stars.

BUT.......

The second half ROCKED MY SOCKS OFF. I loved every word that was written and every conversation that was had. So it was a definite 5 star rating.

BUT.......
The absolute winner for me in the third installment of The Art of D/s HAS to be, hands down, final, do not pass go - do not col
Brianna H
May 31, 2013 Brianna H rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
5 Stars!

This is a non-spoiler review for the whole trilogy!

Because I read them back-to-back and can't remember what happened in which book. *facepalm*

This series was a little out of my comfort zone, although I've been reading more books similar lately. It was recommended by one of the bloggers I follow and was on sale at the time, so I one-clicked and dug right in!

Isa was a little bit of an oddball, but she was different than the average female lead which was pretty refreshing as well!

Dyla
  • Bind and Keep Me (Pierced Hearts, #2)
  • Brie Visits Master's Italy (After Graduation, #7)
  • Tasting Pleasure (Pleasure, #1)
  • The Dom of My Dreams
  • Red
  • FrankenDom
  • Finding Eden (Eden, #2)
  • Celebration (The Plume #9)
  • Under By Duress
  • Safewords Davenport and Chiffon (Safeword, #4)
  • Pam-Ann
  • Faithless (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #9)
  • Beautiful Losers
  • Obsession (Darkness Falls, #1)
  • The Denim Dom (Suncoast Society, #5)
ellabanner8.1 photo ellabanner8_zpslebjb7wt.jpg

Mother, lover, dreamer and someone with an unhealthy obsession with ukuleles and unicorns, Ella was born and raised in a conservative, strict Christian household in the Bible Belt of the USA. This upbringing and repression contributed to her wicked imagination, and writing has become a pleasurable and satisfying outlet for her fantasies. At the 'mature' age of forty, she mustered up the courage t
More about Ella Dominguez...

The Art of D/s (3 books)
  • The Art of Submission (The Art of D/s, #1)
  • The Art of Domination (The Art of D/s, #2)

“Calm your tits, pussycat.” 19 likes