Guinness World Records 2008

Guinness World Records 2008 (Guinness World Records)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  541 ratings  ·  46 reviews
Illustrated throughout, 'Guinness World Records 2008' includes information on the world of space, computers, exploration, fame and music. This edition contains new contemporary categories including, computer games high scores, action sports, and gadgets and consumer technology.
Published September 1st 2007 by Planeta Publishing (first published January 1st 2007)

Bonnie Gayle
Fun to look through. The records really run the gamut, from cool to creepy. Lots of interesting facts too. Did you know that the highest man made temperature every reached was 365 billion degrees? I don't know how you would even measure that!

Also I thought it was funny that the only two I found that took place in Washington was for Bill Gate's huge house, and also the world's largest flea was found in a Beaver's den in Puyallup! Nice ballance there :D

As for setting my own world record. The curre...more
Teri Gorleski
This book was one of the craziest books I ever read.This book tells you how people do the most coolest things. Like doing back flips on a motorcycle. I almost read all of those books but I need atleast 3 books to read.I really enjoyed this book alot.With everything Facts you learn about what is the biggest smallest and fastest. My Favorite is probably the back flip on a mototrcycle. I've got to tell you its a book with wierd events but,really ts a book to read. Not alot of people like but I thin...more
Aniket Parikh
This goes on my bingo board as a non fiction book.

This is a very entertaining book and i would read this all day if i had to. This book inspired me to break a record myself. This is a very inspiring book and a tear came to my eye when i was reading this book because some people try so hard to achieve something but some don't get there and some do. i made this review for the people that didnt make the book.
Very good book..

I would recommend this book to all ages and genders.

I dislike the weigh...more
Francesca Tubito
Really cool but weird and unusual records in here... Read this book if you like being unusual in weird ways...
Jonas Sai
كتاب ممل جدا
ممكن أستفيد منه في أبحاث أو تسلية فقط
Tin_Nok Poon
Sam
I thought that the Guinness World records is a great book with lots of cool, amazing, and almost unbelievable records. most of this book is written well but there are some that are not written well and are confusing and hard to understand I love to read these books because I like to see lots of crazy world records like largest lemons or tallest person. I think that the Guinness World records series is better then ripleys believe it or not because some of that is not true but Guinness World recor...more
Ankita
Love all of them!
elizabeth
It was good. Some parts were really disturbing like who had the longest fingernails, the heaviest man, biggest bug, etc. But other parts were really cool like, biggest burger, largest underwater dance class,records for music, etc. But still, most of the things in there were weird. That was the first and most likely last time I would read that book- ever.
Bader
There are a lot of things that don't belong to this book. Mad people for example.
I don't want to read more of this book. however, it is good to have it in my library to get some good information or to enjoy some of new stuff ( or old ).
Bearclaw
I've found myself seeing something new every time I pick it up. I've spent at least 10 hours in its pages and stil feel amazed at what people think of to do in thier free time. The Space section is be far the best section.
Jimmy
I really liked this book because it has some of the wierdest things I've ever seen. This book has dogs with 2 heads and it also has people who can hold weights with there eyelids. This book is good for people that like facts.
Witbeckja
I like this book jjust a little more than the 2006 version just because it is up to date. I like the crazy extents people go to just to get in the record book. It is very enjoyable to me to read these kinds of books.
Michael 11-12
3 reasons why I like this book:

1.It had alot of cool and funny world records.

2.It told me a lot of information.

3.It had a lot of cool places were they made the record from.
Hassan Chaudhry
This is the record book not much to say. Since these are just achievements from people there is no real analysis to be made of the book. It is just interesting to read.
Austin Mcdonald
i like this book because it shows all the cool things that people can do.i don't like this book because it shows gross stuff sometimes.i wouldn't recommend this book.
Connor
The fattest man in the world. The most swards swallowed. Most goals in one game. Most trys in one game. Most expensive car. It's all in the one book.
Theresa
a popular book with children, they love showing everyone gross facts they can find
a collection of weird facts
Alejandro
In this book i asked a lot of questions one of the questions was why would someone do that the book is very interesting
Erika Clarry
This is book is super crazy!! Full of records you would of never thought of! If you want to be wowed this is your book!
Alyssa
this is a kool book with amazing stuff from all around the world!!i've got it at home!!
Dpethel
Great book for me to utilize fascinating, current data in my math classes.
Colby Edmonds
Apr 11, 2008 Colby Edmonds rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids
This book has so many things in it and its so great, I can't describe it!!!
Zak
I think it was great because it gave me a clear image of what they are saying.
Zohaib Altaf
An awsome book and has some really interesting facts.
Mas5thgrade2014
I love this book it has so many funny parts.
-lightning999
Caroline
it was ONE of the best books i ever read.
David
I just love browsing through records.
Jack D
It was nice to see some records
Daniel
Sep 30, 2010 Daniel marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i would like to look at this one
  • Oh, Yuck!: The Encyclopedia of Everything Nasty
  • Stories For Christmas
  • The Story of Helen Keller
  • Sister Wendy's 1000 Masterpieces
  • I Spy Fantasy: A Book of Picture Riddles
  • Masters of Disaster
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)
  • Blood, Bones and Body Bits
  • A Hand to Guide Me
  • Traitor: The Case of Benedict Arnold
  • Charizard, Go! (Pokemon Chapter Book, #6)
  • The Web Designer's Idea Book: The Ultimate Guide to Themes, Trends & Styles in Website Design
  • The Sorcerers and Their Apprentices: How the Digital Magicians of the MIT Media Lab Are Creating the Innovative Technologies That Will Transform Our Lives
  • The Magic School Bus Wet All Over: A Book About The Water Cycle
  • Double Dare (Truth, Dare, Kiss, Promise, #5)
  • Leaving Poppy
  • The Opposite of Chocolate
  • Walking the Gobi: A 1,600-Mile Trek Across a Desert of Hope and Despair
Guinness World Records 2012 Guinness World Records 2007 [With Trading Cards] Convolutions in French Mathematics, 1800-1840: Set (Vol.I-III)