Start by marking “Guinness World Records 2008” as Want to Read:
Guinness World Records 2008

Guinness World Records 2008 (Guinness World Records)

Illustrated throughout, 'Guinness World Records 2008' includes information on the world of space, computers, exploration, fame and music. This edition contains new contemporary categories including, computer games high scores, action sports, and gadgets and consumer technology.
Published September 1st 2007 by Planeta Publishing (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Guinness World Records 2008, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guinness World Records 2008

Aniket Parikh
Nov 01, 2011 Aniket Parikh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This goes on my bingo board as a non fiction book.

This is a very entertaining book and i would read this all day if i had to. This book inspired me to break a record myself. This is a very inspiring book and a tear came to my eye when i was reading this book because some people try so hard to achieve something but some don't get there and some do. i made this review for the people that didnt make the book.
Very good book..

I would recommend this book to all ages and genders.

I dislike the weigh
Bonnie
Fun to look through. The records really run the gamut, from cool to creepy. Lots of interesting facts too. Did you know that the highest man made temperature every reached was 365 billion degrees? I don't know how you would even measure that!

Also I thought it was funny that the only two I found that took place in Washington was for Bill Gate's huge house, and also the world's largest flea was found in a Beaver's den in Puyallup! Nice ballance there :D

As for setting my own world record. The curre
Teri Gorleski
Sep 15, 2011 Teri Gorleski rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference
This book was one of the craziest books I ever read.This book tells you how people do the most coolest things. Like doing back flips on a motorcycle. I almost read all of those books but I need atleast 3 books to read.I really enjoyed this book alot.With everything Facts you learn about what is the biggest smallest and fastest. My Favorite is probably the back flip on a mototrcycle. I've got to tell you its a book with wierd events but,really ts a book to read. Not alot of people like but I thin ...more
Francesca Tubito
Really cool but weird and unusual records in here... Read this book if you like being unusual in weird ways...
Jonas Sai
Jul 04, 2011 Jonas Sai rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
كتاب ممل جدا
ممكن أستفيد منه في أبحاث أو تسلية فقط
Sam
Oct 29, 2012 Sam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: october
I thought that the Guinness World records is a great book with lots of cool, amazing, and almost unbelievable records. most of this book is written well but there are some that are not written well and are confusing and hard to understand I love to read these books because I like to see lots of crazy world records like largest lemons or tallest person. I think that the Guinness World records series is better then ripleys believe it or not because some of that is not true but Guinness World recor ...more
elizabeth
It was good. Some parts were really disturbing like who had the longest fingernails, the heaviest man, biggest bug, etc. But other parts were really cool like, biggest burger, largest underwater dance class,records for music, etc. But still, most of the things in there were weird. That was the first and most likely last time I would read that book- ever.
Jimmy
Sep 13, 2012 Jimmy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book because it has some of the wierdest things I've ever seen. This book has dogs with 2 heads and it also has people who can hold weights with there eyelids. This book is good for people that like facts.
Witbeckja
I like this book jjust a little more than the 2006 version just because it is up to date. I like the crazy extents people go to just to get in the record book. It is very enjoyable to me to read these kinds of books.
Bader
Mar 14, 2008 Bader rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-my-library
There are a lot of things that don't belong to this book. Mad people for example.
I don't want to read more of this book. however, it is good to have it in my library to get some good information or to enjoy some of new stuff ( or old ).
Bearclaw
Oct 24, 2008 Bearclaw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've found myself seeing something new every time I pick it up. I've spent at least 10 hours in its pages and stil feel amazed at what people think of to do in thier free time. The Space section is be far the best section.
Austin Mcdonald
Dec 17, 2012 Austin Mcdonald rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i like this book because it shows all the cool things that people can do.i don't like this book because it shows gross stuff sometimes.i wouldn't recommend this book.
Erika Clarry
Sep 09, 2012 Erika Clarry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book is super crazy!! Full of records you would of never thought of! If you want to be wowed this is your book!
Alejandro
In this book i asked a lot of questions one of the questions was why would someone do that the book is very interesting
Connor
Apr 14, 2008 Connor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The fattest man in the world. The most swards swallowed. Most goals in one game. Most trys in one game. Most expensive car. It's all in the one book.
Michael 11-12
May 21, 2012 Michael 11-12 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 reasons why I like this book:

1.It had alot of cool and funny world records.

2.It told me a lot of information.

3.It had a lot of cool places were they made the record from.
Hassan Chaudhry
This is the record book not much to say. Since these are just achievements from people there is no real analysis to be made of the book. It is just interesting to read.
Theresa
a popular book with children, they love showing everyone gross facts they can find
a collection of weird facts
Nick Sosa
Dec 14, 2015 Nick Sosa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this one was just like the other ones, but this one had some pretty extreme survival stories,and some other cool stuff, but I would just give it an average rating.
Tatiana
Jan 10, 2016 Tatiana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it is very nice I wonder if they could put Stephen curry in it man I love this book. p.s this book is the best
Evan dobsch
Evan dobsch rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2013
Ethan Sweet-Mackin
Ethan Sweet-Mackin rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2016
Jaiden
Jaiden rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2014
Aika
Aika rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2010
Peggy
Peggy rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2008
Venus Maneater
Venus Maneater rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2015
willem serie
willem serie rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2017
Abel
Abel rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2012
Laiselys
Laiselys rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2015
11 rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2014
  • Ripley's Believe It or Not! Planet Eccentric!
  • Oh, Yuck!: The Encyclopedia of Everything Nasty
  • How to Boil Water: Life Beyond Takeout (Food Network Kitchens)
  • Stories for Christmas
  • Sister Wendy's 1000 Masterpieces
  • Is That A Dead Dog In Your Locker?
  • Painful Poison
  • Tornadoes
  • Nasty, Stinky Sneakers
  • The Art of Sign Language
  • Taste of Home: Simple & Delicious Cookbook
  • Team Rocket Blasts Off! (Pokemon Chapter Books #5)
  • The Word on the Street
  • Macrolife: A Mobile Utopia (Macrolife, #1)
  • Kanji Pict-o-Graphix: Over 1,000 Japanese Kanji and Kana Mnemonics
  • I Spy Fantasy: A Book of Picture Riddles
  • Devotional Bible-Ncv: Experiencing the Heart of Jesus
  • The Sorcerers and Their Apprentices: How the Digital Magicians of the MIT Media Lab Are Creating the Innovative Technologies That Will Transform Our Lives
Guinness World Records, known until 2000 as The Guinness Book of Records, is a reference book published annually, containing a collection of world records, both human achievements and the extremes of the natural world. The book itself holds a world record, as the best-selling copyrighted book series of all time. It is also one of the most frequently stolen books from public libraries in the United ...more
More about Guinness World Records...

Guinness World Records (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • The Guinness Book of World Records 1964
  • Guinness Book Of Records 1969
  • Guinness Book of World Records 1970
  • Guinness Book of World Records 1971 (10th Edition)
  • Guinness Book of World Records 1972