Start by marking “The Jewel (Malloy Family, #11)” as Want to Read:
The Jewel (Malloy Family, #11)

The Jewel (Malloy Family #11)

When life falls apart, love can make you whole again.

As the “beautiful” sister, Isabelle Chastain always struggled to be taken seriously. But as her family immigrates to Oregon Territory, she loses her sister Francesca to marriage, and her parents to dysentery. It’s time to take control.

With an empty wagon and a broken heart, she and her younger sister Charlotte turn for
Published August 12th 2014 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Jewel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jewel

Tabatha
Sep 16, 2014 Tabatha rated it it was amazing
This was my first read of Beth Williamson, and it certainly will not be the last. I was captivated from page one with The Jewel, and I think that Williamson is a very talented writer. I felt like I was taken back to the past with the focus on the details and historical facts that Williamson was able to creatively weave into a romantic story full of hardship and determination. The story is led with a great cast of characters with Isabelle, Charlie, and Mason. I actually read this in one sitting, ...more
Jackie Ferrell
Aug 11, 2014 Jackie Ferrell rated it it was amazing
I was honored to have been given an ARC of The Jewel to read. I am a big fan of Beth Williamson's books and The Malloy Family series!!

I loved this book as much as the others!!!

In the Jewel we meet Isabelle and Charlie (Charlotte), two of the Chastain sisters on a trip to reunite with their other sisters. They have many hardships along the way, starting with the loss of their parents.

During the trip they find Mason Bennett. Mason is a professor who is on his own trip to California because he has
Cindi
Aug 12, 2014 Cindi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-gift-free
Another great addition to the Malloy Family series. In this book there is loss, endurance, love and hate. Life keeps challenging the characters in this book forcing them to dig deep inside themselves for the strength to keep going even when all seems hopeless. With a great storyline as well as characters I recommend you read this book.
Terra Oenning
Aug 12, 2014 Terra Oenning rated it it was amazing
Isabelle Chastainher younger sister Charlottecollege professor Mason Bennett

Isabelle Chastainber and her younger sister have to bury their parents when they decide to head back to put back what is left of the family and find a man near death . Mason bennett was a professor and decided to leave that life being and head west to find gold only to be beaten and shot and left for dead. Isabelle cant leave him so she takes him and nurses him back to health only then will the sparks to fall between the
Stephanie
Jul 10, 2014 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jewel was a great read with historical facts mixed in with a thrilling romance. Most wouldn't think that a young lady would be able to find love on a road full of hardships but isabel managed. Isabel with her sister charlie was going through a hard time after there parents died so they changed directions and headed back towards home so that they could reconnect with their possibly dead sister and there recently married sister. Little did they know that they would find a mysterious stranger, some ...more
Monique Ito
Jul 18, 2014 Monique Ito rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enought to get a ARC of The Jewel. I have read a lot of Beth Williamson's books and every one of them I have read I have loved this one is no different. I love the Malloy Family series and I was happy when Beth said she was going to tell us the story of the Chastain sisters. The Jewel is Isabella Chastain and Mason Bennett. This story has everything you wanted in a book or else what I want in a book. A great stroy line, a ending you will like and a love story that you will be happy ...more
Hawaiianwahine00
Aug 18, 2015 Hawaiianwahine00 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful story by Beth Williamson. Just finished today and loved it! In this book you experience the strength from both sisters, Belle (Isabelle) and Charlie (Charlotte) through their struggles for survival to reunite with their other two sisters. You will also be introduced to Mason who slowly transform from a teacher to a hot smoking cowboy and yes you will feel the sizzle between him and Belle. Excellent historical romance that makes you feel like your right there with these ...more
Mandi Suddath
Jul 16, 2014 Mandi Suddath rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, I haven't read the entire series but this book made me want to! I loved Charlie she was outspoken and spunky my kinda girl! Isabelle was a very strong lady who kept her cool through things most women would have been weeping over! Mason is the true southern gentleman with a little bit of bad boy!! All in all a very good read that will keep you interested til the end! Can't wait for the next one because we need to know Charlie's story!!!!
Valerie
Jul 20, 2014 Valerie rated it it was amazing
One of the things I love about the Malloy Family series is that Beth Williamson always keeps me guessing! You can read the blurb and think you know where the book is going, but that is never where it's going. I love that she keeps surprising me. The mixture of historical fact with sensuous romance is just right. Beth Williamson is one of those authors who once I finish the book I want to read the next one immediately. One book is never enough.
Judy
Aug 18, 2015 Judy rated it liked it
A little different kind of read for me (I like to try various things). This historical western tale was romantic and had the feel of being a real look at going west in a covered wagon and the hardships that one had to endure. It also seemed a little superficial to me. I would have liked a lot more of the characters in depth, their feelings and background.
Ginny Rodenberg
Jul 11, 2014 Ginny Rodenberg rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Ginny by: Kimberly Rocha
This was a good read. I really enjoyed seeing how strong that Isabelle was and how Mason changed as the story unfolded. The story was very believable and easy to read. It was the first I have read of the series and look forward to reading more! Especially Charlie's story! Enjoy!
Kimberly Rocha~ Book Obsessed Chicks
Sometimes, there are no words to describe how it feels to come back to a series of books that makes you run a gamut of emotions, a series that makes you feel like you are one of the family. The Malloy Family series does this to me. It started with Beth Williamson's pivotal, The Bounty and so strongly continues with the Chastain sister's stories.

Utter devastation has wreaked the Chastain family. The two remaining sisters on the wagon train to Oregon have faced a loss like no other. Both of their
Kimberly Walter
Dec 01, 2014 Kimberly Walter rated it really liked it
Isabelle Chastain is the "beautiful sister" of her family and it is a struggle to be taken seriously. As her family immigrates to Oregon, a series of events change her world forever. With the death of her parents, she takes control of her life.
As Isabelle and her younger sister Charlotte travel back to find their other sister Josephine, they come across a naked man badly beaten and left to die.

Mason Bennett left North Carolina for gold after the stories he heard from his friend. But he was bet
Gina
Aug 17, 2014 Gina rated it really liked it
I think this is the most intense book of the Chastain sisters thus far….tho I’m nervous about Charlie’s book. I’m kinda bummed that Isabelle’s dream was ruined by the evil people but her HEA was never in doubt. I think the best part was seeing Mason have to be taught by the sisters because even tho he had a privileged upbringing he was soft and his massive education was definitely lacking in the real world. I like a story that has a strong female and this is a big one. Awesome story and ...more
Sasha
Oct 07, 2014 Sasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another wild west adventure

A perfect addition to a wonderful series! As always Beth Williamson takes you on a wild and exciting adventure in the old west with strong characters and lots of love.
Abra
Jun 24, 2015 Abra rated it liked it
I received this as a freebie from RT15.

There was a lot of action and I was interested enough by the characters to want to read the next book.
Evelin Burns-C
Evelin Burns-C rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Sandy
Sandy rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Em
Em rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Stephanie Taylor
Stephanie Taylor rated it really liked it
May 19, 2016
bonnie carter
bonnie carter rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2015
T. Michele
T. Michele rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2014
Kellie
Kellie rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2015
Teresa
Teresa rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2015
Lisa Jessop
Lisa Jessop rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2015
Layla
Layla rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2014
T
T rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2015
Koni Proctor
Koni Proctor rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2015
jackie
jackie rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2016
Michele Stocksick
Michele Stocksick rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 18, 2015 08:05AM
Beth Williamson, who also writes as Emma Lang, is an award-winning, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of both historical and contemporary romances. Her books range from sensual to scorching hot. She is a Career Achievement Award Nominee in Erotic Romance by Romantic Times Magazine, in both 2009 and 2010, and a semi-finalist in the 2014 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest.
Beth has
More about Beth Williamson...

Malloy Family (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Bounty (Malloy Family, #1)
  • The Prize (Malloy Family, #2)
  • The Reward (Malloy Family, #3)
  • The Treasure (Malloy Family, #4)
  • The Gift (Malloy Family, #5)
  • The Tribute (Malloy Family, #6)
  • The Legacy (Malloy Family, #7)
  • Hell for Leather (Malloy Family, #8)
  • The Fortune (Malloy Family, #9)
  • The Prospect (Malloy Family, #10)