Start by marking “The Harry Harrison Megapack: 12 Classics of Science Fiction, including ROBOT JUSTICE, DEATHWORLD, and DEATHWORLD II” as Want to Read:

The Harry Harrison Megapack collects 12 novels and stories by the author of the Stainless Steel Rat series, including the classics science fiction novels DEATHWORLD and PLANET OF THE DAMNED -- more than 700 pages of great reading! (Updated in 2016 to add the story "Robot Justice.") Included are:

ARM OF THE LAW

DEATHWORLD

THE ETHICAL ENGINEER

THE MISPLACED BATTLESHIP

THE K-FACTO

Published March 12th 2016 by Wildside Press (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Harry Harrison Megapack, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Harry Harrison Megapack

Joan
May 04, 2014 Joan rated it it was amazing
What a bargain. 37p for eleven stories (some novel length) by a classic writer. I cant buy a small bar of chocolate for that price! I haven't read them all yet, but the first few were enough to give this a solid 5* rating.
Traditional sci-fi at its best in the style of White, Heinlein, and Asimov. Great writers. (Now I just need to find a Megapack of E.E. Doc Smiths Lensman series!)
Lee
Nov 16, 2016 Lee rated it liked it
A Mixed Bag

Some of the stories here are showing their age , but there are a couple of gems that stand out (normally involving robots). Even though Harrison is capable of brilliance (e.g. The Stainless Steel Rat), a large chunk of the content here failed to grab me (either the characters weren't engaging enough or there was a lack of a 'wow factor'). Yet the Long Arm of the Law is a particularly entertaining story (even though I've read it else where) and there is even a short story that became p
Sean Randall
Jul 30, 2014 Sean Randall rated it really liked it
For the price, this was a really good investment. Although I think it's a bit of a cop-out having Planet of the Damned and Sense of Obligation in one pack, Harrison's got loads more stories which would've fitted better.

The short stories are all worth a read. I'm very fond of Arm of the Law and The Velvet Glove, and the Repairman is fun, too. The Misplaced Battleship is a nice intro to Jim, and Harrison really lucked out when he expanded that character. It was fascinating to see DinAlt because of
Beregond
Aug 04, 2015 Beregond rated it it was amazing
Adventure and Snark

Lots of great Harrison here, including the magazine version of two of the"Deathworld" novels. Only one short "Stainless Steel Rat" stories, but most of those are still in print elsewhere. For those unfamiliar with Harrison don't let the note in the introduction that says he was a man of the Left scare you- He wrote in a time when the American Left was still anchored in reality. (Yes, I know that sounds odd when talking about science fiction.) Try it, you'll like it!
Scifi365
Sep 15, 2014 Scifi365 rated it it was amazing
I read all the Stainless Steel Rat stuff when I was a teenager. Loved it then and saw this megapack eBook on Amazon for, I think, 33p or something. Couldn't resist. It's still great stuff. Fast paced writing, doesn't take itself too seriously, but compelling characters nevertheless. Definitely a 'Classic of Science Fiction' as the title suggests.
Russell Quinton
Sep 03, 2015 Russell Quinton rated it really liked it
A good read

There are only ten books as Planet of The Dammed and Sense of Obligation are the same book with a different name. I have never read a bad book written by Norton and this book with this many stories is a bargain. However it annoys me that the people who put it togather did not even skim the stories or they would have caught the duplication.
Patricia S Borad
Apr 03, 2015 Patricia S Borad rated it really liked it
Good ideas but sometimes too wordy

For me a good story moves to an end and is not dragged out. Here the story's at times are just like that but otherwise to end but then continue

Paul Trembling
Jan 27, 2016 Paul Trembling rated it it was amazing
A bargain collection of some classic SF from one of the great names in the genre. Many I had read before, years ago, and I thoroughly enjoyed re-visiting them. Others were new to me, but just as good. Excellent reading.
john kipper
Apr 23, 2016 john kipper rated it liked it
Same stories

The story Planet of the Damned was in this book twice. What a ripoff. I like Harry Harrison books and this had a few good stories.
John Tangen
Mar 19, 2016 John Tangen rated it it was amazing
Great classic scifi.

This pack has some of Harrison's best. The stories are examples great early science fiction. A must read for any classic SciFi fan.
Benjamin Eugene NElson
Jan 02, 2016 Benjamin Eugene NElson rated it really liked it
No Bill or stainless steel rat but...

It was nice to read some less mainstream work.

Aside from two different versions of one story, a good read.
Randy Utley
Randy Utley rated it it was ok
Oct 23, 2014
Martin
Martin rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2015
William Chamberlain
William Chamberlain rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2015
andrew  burns
andrew burns rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2016
Charlie Murray
Charlie Murray rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2015
Melisa Carter
Melisa Carter rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2016
John Lane
John Lane rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2016
John McDonell
John McDonell rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Paul Anderson
Paul Anderson rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2015
Steve Haith
Steve Haith rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2016
Yesiamclutz
Yesiamclutz rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2015
alan stewart watson
alan stewart watson rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Chet Groves
Chet Groves rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2014
Christopher Steller
Christopher Steller rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2015
Tim Will
Tim Will rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Ajit
Ajit rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2014
Conor
Conor rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2015
Tom
Tom rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2014
Robert Byrne
Robert Byrne rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2015
  • Blackhawk (Far Stars Legends #1)
  • An Enemy of the State (The LaNague Federation, #1)
  • Works of Alexandre Dumas (Illustrated)
  • The Time Travel Megapack: 26 Modern and Classic Science Fiction Stories
  • De Oppresso Liber (Hayden War #6)
  • Salvage Merc One
  • The H. Beam Piper Megapack: 33 Classic Science Fiction Novels and Short Stories
  • PRIMAL Reckoning (PRIMAL #5)
  • Purified
  • Rx for Chaos
  • In Her Name: The Last War (In Her Name: The Last War, #1-3)
  • The Actuator: Fractured Earth (The Actuator, #1)
  • The Year of the Dragon Omnibus Edition (The Year of the Dragon, #1-4)
  • The Kinshield Saga: The Complete Series
  • The Controversial Mayan Queen: Sak K'uk of Palenque (Mists of Palenque #2)
  • The Orc of Many Questions (The Tales of Many Orcs, #1)
  • Indigo Squad (The Human Legion, #2)
  • Mark of the Dragon (Mysts of Santerrian, #1)

Harry Harrison (born Henry Maxwell Dempsey) was an American science fiction author best known for his character the The Stainless Steel Rat and the novel Make Room! Make Room! (1966), the basis for the film Soylent Green (1973). He was also (with Brian W. Aldiss) co-president of the Birmingham Science Fiction G
More about Harry Harrison...

“A pushed-back cap had the crossed slide-rule symbol of ship’s computer man.” 0 likes
“All laws and ideas are historical and relative, not absolute. They are relevant to their particular time and place” 0 likes