Start by marking “Starlet's Man (The Starlet, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Starlet's Man (The Starlet, #0.5)

Starlet's Man (The Starlet 0.5)

"If you live courageously, you have scars." -Beth, Starlet's Man

Starlet's Man is a story about a boy becoming a man amidst the mixed-messages in Hollywood culture.

Lights, Cameras, and Lies. High school student athlete, Manny Biro, is caught between the boy he should be and the man he wants to become.

Everyone around him accepts the Hollywood life. He doesn't. Manny wants n
Published May 5th 2014 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Starlet's Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starlet's Man

Somekindofnobody
May 29, 2014 Somekindofnobody rated it it was amazing
There is no 'simple' love story here, but the love IS pure and, regardless of how it comes about, it is a gravitational force binding these unique characters together. I was fascinated by this love, the intense emotions and the realistic interactions of these fictional dream teens. The story is written in such a way that it takes you through their experiences personally. Though I feel as if Manuel and Liana Marie were the main characters, the other characters are so detailed and involved that ...more
Chantal Santangelo
Oct 19, 2014 Chantal Santangelo rated it really liked it
4/4.5 stars <3

ITALIN REVIEW: http://bookmarksarereadersbestfriends...

This book is amazing. *---*
The love story between Mary and Manny is beautifull! They are so cute, aaaw <3
Carrie Slager
Apr 22, 2015 Carrie Slager rated it really liked it
[Full disclosure: I received a free paperback in conjunction with the blog tour in exchange for an honest review.]

One of the things I really didn’t like about Manny in the beginning of the first book (this is a prequel) was his self-righteousness. He criticized everything about Hollywood but proceeded to act like he was a part of that culture by fooling around with different girls and such. I wasn’t really sold on him being Lia’s love interest at first but he did grow on me as the books went alo
Dani
Read the full review at: Polkadot's Book Blog

I received this copy in return for an honest review through Publishers at NetGalley

Manny sighed. He leaned foward. The man he wanted to be and the boy he was being were disconnected.

The thing that drew me in about this book was the idea of a how fame and fortune was woven into the story, because it sounded intriguing and something that I personally have never read before. So all in all I was completely excited to see how this book would turn out a
zapkode.marie
{My Thoughts} – Manny, What can I say, he’s a boy after my own heart. He’s sweet, he’s considerate. He has christian values, he’s respectful and he has made his share of mistakes. He is friends with a lot of people that are much better off than he is, but he doesn’t let that get to him. He has dreams, wishful thoughts and desires just like any normal person.

Marie, she is an actress, she is a symbol for up and coming girls, she is lost and she isn’t sure which direction to turn. She is constantly
Diana
Aug 16, 2014 Diana rated it it was amazing
I loved that this book is set up in a Hollywood life and being a teenager in a town and school where everyone is someone and he is just a boy or a man, well becoming a man. This story is about Manny Biro, he lives a normal life, school, sports, Mom and Dad at home, works as a bus boy, but he has friends who ‘s parents have lots of money. Most of this book is about Manny and his true love and he they finally became true loves.
I love that this story tells his side, what he sees and how he has to
Kelly Akemann
Jun 27, 2014 Kelly Akemann rated it really liked it
felt connected to the characters very quickly in this book and therefore, I really liked this. I had unfortunately read many a book before this one that I did not enjoy so I waited to review it in case my feelings were not genuine. But I did really enjoy this. I felt that the characters were well developed - all of them not just the main characters. I would highly recommend this book to others and have already done so. It is rare to find a book that has a love story that is realistic and ...more
Araya Swinehart
Oct 29, 2014 Araya Swinehart rated it really liked it
This book is really good. It shows the true life into fame and acting. I actually learned a lot about what it takes to be famous. I realize that this story is fiction but it truly something that got me thinking into a different life. Good book. Would possibly be interest in reading the sequels.
Mallory
Dec 11, 2014 Mallory rated it liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. Thanks!

I definitely enjoyed it; it was an interesting behind-the-scenes look at fame and those who have friends involved in the the industry. However, there were so many trivial characters in this book (maybe they play a bigger part in the rest of the series?) that I found myself often asking, "Who's that?" The plot was good, but too many characters just makes it overwhelming.
Mo Shake
Nov 29, 2015 Mo Shake rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
It is very rare that I find myself putting a book down after having read just a few pages. But unfortunately this book was just way too childish, too much dialogue and not realistic enough for me to carry on reading it. I think I got to about page 5. Disappointed.
James Lynam
James Lynam rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2015
J.M. Johnson
J.M. Johnson rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2015
Amaurys Delossantos
Amaurys Delossantos rated it did not like it
Aug 07, 2015
Jennifer Theriot
Jennifer Theriot rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2014
Deborah McClatchey
Deborah McClatchey rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2014
Anthony Hulse
Anthony Hulse rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2015
Zoe Saadia
Zoe Saadia rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2015
Sonia Brock
Sonia Brock rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2015
Blakely Bennett
Blakely Bennett rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2014
Faith Mortimer
Faith Mortimer rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2015
Janet E.
Janet E. rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2014
Sahara Foley
Sahara Foley rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2014
Othen Cummings
Othen Cummings rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2015
Stevie Turner
Stevie Turner rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2015
James Chalk
James Chalk rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2015
Mari Hamill
Mari Hamill rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2015
Debbie White
Debbie White rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2014
Stephany Tullis
Stephany Tullis rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2015
Carla Hanna
Oct 11, 2014 Carla Hanna rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
  • The Keeper and the Alabaster Chalice (The Black Ledge Series, #2)
  • A Life, Freed
  • Sins of the Fallen (Sins of the Fallen #1)
  • Lost in Starlight (Starlight Saga #1)
  • Bitten By Deceit (Hadley Werewolves #1)
  • A Dark Faerie Tale Series Omnibus Books 1-3 with Extras (A Dark Faerie Tale)
  • Adrenaline Rush (Christy, #1)
  • 4 to 16 Characters
  • Breed of Envy
  • The Zombie Pinocchio (Zombie Fairy Tales #3)
  • Devil's Frost (The Spellspinners of Melas County, #3)
  • 18 Thoughts (My So Called Afterlife, #3)
  • Ellie Stanton (The Heller Park Series)
  • Before (Betwixt, #0.5)
  • Butterfly Kisses (The Butterfly Chronicles, #2)
  • Jumper
  • Discern
  • The Otter, the Spotted Frog & the Great Flood: A Creek Indian Story
Starlet's Web took GOLD and Starlet's Light brought in SILVER in the 2014 Readers' Favorite International Book Awards!

Carla J. Hanna is the author of award-winning young adult romance and coming of age fiction novels for readers who enjoyed Nicholas Sparks' A Walk to Remember, Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Pray, Love, Gayle Forman's If I Stay, or John Green's The Fault in Our Stars.

Mrs. Hanna lived in
More about Carla J. Hanna...

The Starlet (4 books)
  • Starlet's Web (The Starlet, #1)
  • Starlet's Run (The Starlet, #2)
  • Starlet's Light (The Starlet, #3)