Start by marking “Arcana Vol 1” as Want to Read:
Arcana Vol 1

Arcana Vol 1 (Arcana #1)

3.54  ·  Rating Details  ·  202 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
The young orphan girl Inez has a special gift that allows her to communicate with all creatures. A great, unknown destiny awaits her--Inez is the chosen one! She travels to the country's capital, where Inez learns of her mission: She must bring back the guardian dragon that will protect her country's fragile peace from the demon-race, lurking within the shadows.From the cr ...more
Published June 7th 2005 by TokyoPop (first published June 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Arcana Vol 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arcana Vol 1

Anna Heidick
Jan 08, 2014 Anna Heidick rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
In my opinion, it really wasn't good. It was boring and had nothing interesting at all happen. The only thing I liked in the story was the dog. I gave it two stars though because since it was the first book in the series and had to set up for the plot so I understood that was probably why nothing much happened. The main thing I liked about the book was the cover itself. Beautiful. The book itself.. Plain and boring storyline.
Andre
May 10, 2015 Andre rated it did not like it
1) Deutsche Rezension
2) English Review

1) Deutsche Rezension
Ich hatte diesen Manga durch Zufall auf der Straße gefunden und nachdem ich es durch gelesen hatte, kann ich nur sagen das es kein Wunder ist, dass es dort liegen gelassen wurde.
Der Zeichenstil sah oft aus, als wenn jemand Kopf und Körper völlig separat geschnitzt und dann einfach drauf gesetzt hätte ohne zu sehen ob es passt. Das Mädchen (ihren Namen hatte ich schon beim Lesen dauernd vergessen) welche die Hauptfigur spielt ist scheinba
Dana
Oct 03, 2008 Dana rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-manga
I gave So-Young Lee a second chance with this one, but was left even more disappointed. This was even harder to keep up with than 'Model' and they never put out the last book. UGH! Oh well... I still love the unique drawing style.
Lord
Jul 16, 2008 Lord rated it liked it
Shelves: manhwa, fantasy
The artwork is somewhat weird but the story of the ordinary girl destined to save the world was interesting enough for me to order the second volume.
Mira Bluhm
May 05, 2014 Mira Bluhm rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Arcana ist meine Manhwa-Premiere und gleich mal nicht so dolle. Ich habs um 3 gebraucht gekauft und kann total verstehen, warum der Vorbesitzer es verschärbelt hat.

Es fängt eigentlich ganz gut an, mit einem Farbbild, das man auffalten kann. Was daran gleich negativ auffällt, ist der weiße Rand oben, weil das falsch geschnitten wurde. Da hat man beim Druck geschlampt. Aber als Manga-Leser ist man schlechte Verarbeitung ja gewohnt, da freut man sich dann noch über die nachfolgenden farbigen Seit
Kristen
The first thing I noticed about this series was the somewhat old school illustrations, where the men seem prettier than the women. Although I wasn't a fan of the graphics right off, I felt myself getting used to is as I read on. I can't seem to resist a high fantasy when it comes to manga. I love the aspect of Inez being able to communicate with animals, especially her loving dog who is more than what he seems.

The sense of adventure excites me for future volumes of this book. I know that Inez ha
Nicole Bunge
Nov 27, 2011 Nicole Bunge rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of "Model" series
I picked this one up because I was impressed with So-Young Lee's other series "Model"- both the art and the story.

However, I'm a little ambivalent about this story so far: young heroine in a fantasy kingdom can talk to animals, and thus, has a special destiny. However, no one seems very keen to explain it to her, or the audience. (Which is annoying.) Also the un-named antagonists remain such - anonymous and ... unmotivated.
... oh and something about dragons.

(seriously, I know this review is conf
Jennette
Feb 02, 2015 Jennette rated it liked it
Interesting to say the least and the art is quite diffrent then most manga prob cause its korean manga lol :D i liked it a bit!!
Adrienne Francis
Jan 04, 2016 Adrienne Francis rated it did not like it
The storyline is kinda confusing because the art and the words aren't descriptive enough, I think..
Ella
Feb 01, 2016 Ella rated it it was amazing
To be able to speak the language of any animal is quite awesome.
Kathryn
Jun 30, 2011 Kathryn added it
Shelves: manhwa
I hated this.... so much.... like, I wanted to burn it.... it was just baaaaad.
Astri
Feb 03, 2009 Astri rated it liked it
I've read up through volume 9.
Rachel (Sfogs)
Jun 16, 2010 Rachel (Sfogs) rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
Good book!
melody moonlight
melody moonlight marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Kayla Williams
Kayla Williams marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Ska Benìtez
Ska Benìtez rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2016
averiyannafleming
averiyannafleming rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2016
Sofi Correa
Sofi Correa rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2016
Katie Cloud
Katie Cloud marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Gfenius
Gfenius marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Shelby
Shelby marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Alexandrea
Alexandrea marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Raven.mikhail
Raven.mikhail marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
alessandria n. shines
alessandria n. shines rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2016
Janice Alcafaras
Janice Alcafaras marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
  • The Queen's Knight, Volume 1
  • A Kiss for My Prince: Volume 1
  • World's End
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 04
  • Basara, Vol. 27
  • Can't Lose You: Volume 1
  • For Camelot's Honor (The Paths to Camelot, #2)
  • Silver Diamond 3
  • Ai no Kusabi Vol. 7
  • Blank Slate, Vol. 1
  • S, Vol. 3: Split
  • Koan (Wolf's-own, #3)
  • Crazy Girl Shin Bia Volume 1
  • Cantarella Vol. 1

Arcana (10 books)
  • Arcana Volume 2: v. 2 (Arcana (Tokyopop))
  • Arcana Volume 3 (Arcana (Tokyopop))
  • Arcana Vol. 4
  • Arcana Volume 5 (Arcana (Tokyopop))
  • Arcana Volume 6 (Arcana (Tokyopop))
  • Arcana, Volume 7