Start by marking “Arcana Vol 1” as Want to Read:
Arcana Vol 1

Arcana Vol 1 (Arcana #1)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  180 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The young orphan girl Inez has a special gift that allows her to communicate with all creatures. A great, unknown destiny awaits her--Inez is the chosen one! She travels to the country's capital, where Inez learns of her mission: She must bring back the guardian dragon that will protect her country's fragile peace from the demon-race, lurking within the shadows.From the cr ...more
Published June 7th 2005 by TokyoPop

To ask other readers questions about Arcana Vol 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arcana Vol 1

Anna Heidick
In my opinion, it really wasn't good. It was boring and had nothing interesting at all happen. The only thing I liked in the story was the dog. I gave it two stars though because since it was the first book in the series and had to set up for the plot so I understood that was probably why nothing much happened. The main thing I liked about the book was the cover itself. Beautiful. The book itself.. Plain and boring storyline.
Andre
1) Deutsche Rezension
2) English Review

1) Deutsche Rezension
Ich hatte diesen Manga durch Zufall auf der Straße gefunden und nachdem ich es durch gelesen hatte, kann ich nur sagen das es kein Wunder ist, dass es dort liegen gelassen wurde.
Der Zeichenstil sah oft aus, als wenn jemand Kopf und Körper völlig separat geschnitzt und dann einfach drauf gesetzt hätte ohne zu sehen ob es passt. Das Mädchen (ihren Namen hatte ich schon beim Lesen dauernd vergessen) welche die Hauptfigur spielt ist scheinba
Dana
I gave So-Young Lee a second chance with this one, but was left even more disappointed. This was even harder to keep up with than 'Model' and they never put out the last book. UGH! Oh well... I still love the unique drawing style.
Lord
The artwork is somewhat weird but the story of the ordinary girl destined to save the world was interesting enough for me to order the second volume.
Kristen
The first thing I noticed about this series was the somewhat old school illustrations, where the men seem prettier than the women. Although I wasn't a fan of the graphics right off, I felt myself getting used to is as I read on. I can't seem to resist a high fantasy when it comes to manga. I love the aspect of Inez being able to communicate with animals, especially her loving dog who is more than what he seems.

The sense of adventure excites me for future volumes of this book. I know that Inez ha
Nicole Bunge
Nov 27, 2011 Nicole Bunge rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of "Model" series
I picked this one up because I was impressed with So-Young Lee's other series "Model"- both the art and the story.

However, I'm a little ambivalent about this story so far: young heroine in a fantasy kingdom can talk to animals, and thus, has a special destiny. However, no one seems very keen to explain it to her, or the audience. (Which is annoying.) Also the un-named antagonists remain such - anonymous and ... unmotivated.
... oh and something about dragons.

(seriously, I know this review is conf
Jennette
Interesting to say the least and the art is quite diffrent then most manga prob cause its korean manga lol :D i liked it a bit!!
Kathryn
Jun 30, 2011 Kathryn added it
Shelves: manhwa
I hated this.... so much.... like, I wanted to burn it.... it was just baaaaad.
Astri
I've read up through volume 9.
Rachel (Sfogs)
Good book!
Kitty
Kitty marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
U-chan
U-chan marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Abril
Abril marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Nami Ricarte
Nami Ricarte marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Fuchsia
Fuchsia marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Martin Osterman
Martin Osterman marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Lauryn
Lauryn marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Queen's Knight, Volume 1
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 4
  • A Kiss for My Prince: Volume 1
  • Can't Lose You: Volume 1
  • Dazzle, Volume 1
  • Basara, Vol. 27
  • For Camelot's Honor (The Paths to Camelot, #2)
  • Feng Yu Jiu Tian (Novel)
  • Silver Diamond 3
  • Blank Slate, Vol. 1
  • Crazy Girl Shin Bia Volume 1
  • Ai no Kusabi Vol. 3: Nightmare
  • S, Vol. 3: Split
  • Cantarella Vol. 1
  • Koan (Wolf's-own, #3)
  • R.O.D. Read or Die 2 (R.O.D. Read or Die, #2)

Arcana (10 books)
  • Arcana Volume 2: v. 2 (Arcana (Tokyopop))
  • Arcana Volume 3 (Arcana (Tokyopop))
  • Arcana Vol. 4
  • Arcana Volume 5 (Arcana (Tokyopop))
  • Arcana Volume 6 (Arcana (Tokyopop))
  • Arcana, Volume 7
  • Arcana Vol. 8
  • Arcana, Volume 9
  • Arcana, Volume 10
Arcana Volume 2: v. 2 (Arcana (Tokyopop)) Arcana Volume 3 (Arcana (Tokyopop)) Arcana Vol. 4 Arcana Volume 5 (Arcana (Tokyopop)) Arcana Volume 6 (Arcana (Tokyopop))