Start by marking “No Lifeguard on Duty (A Black Horse Campground Mystery) (Volume 2)” as Want to Read:
No Lifeguard on Duty (A Black Horse Campground Mystery) (Volume 2)

No Lifeguard on Duty (A Black Horse Campground Mystery) (Volume 2)

Summer is coming and at the Black Horse Campground in Bonney County, New Mexico that means warm sunny days, a cool refreshing pool...and murder?

Corrie Black and her friends are ready to welcome the summer camping season with a party to celebrate opening the swimming pool... but murder becomes an unwelcome guest!
The shock of discovering Krista Otero's body in the pool the m
Published April 15th 2014 by Oak Tree Press

Be the first to ask a question about No Lifeguard on Duty (A Black Horse Campground Mystery)

Laura Pearl
Feb 04, 2015 Laura Pearl rated it it was amazing
I recently finished Amy M. Bennett's second novel in the Black Horse Campground Mystery series, "No Lifeguard on Duty," and I have to say this: Bennett has done it again--she's taken a reader who was once very skeptical of the merits of the whole mystery/suspense genre and turned me into a fan!

This author has identified her books as belonging to a particular sub-group of the mystery genre known as the "cozy mystery," wherein the reader becomes acquainted with a certain town (in this case, Ruidos
Cynthia
Sep 25, 2016 Cynthia rated it really liked it
4.5 stars (4 stars here, 5 on Amazon) I couldn't decide which I liked better of the Black Horse Campground Mysteries I've read. This is the second book in the series and the second one I've read. I purchased a paperback copy of the first book a few years ago before I owned a Kindle, and I enjoyed it a great deal.

Ms. Bennett can certainly weave a tangled web of deceit in her stories. They are fascinating in their complexity, as are the relationships of the characters. In No Lifeguard on Duty, I
Channing Whitaker
Jul 26, 2016 Channing Whitaker rated it really liked it
Well worth the read, especially if you have a little time to kill sitting by the pool.

I don't believe "No Lifeguard on Duty" is a mystery I would have plucked off the shelf on my own. Set in a small southwest town and nearby RV park, and revolving around the owner of the RV park, simply aren't the sort of story elements I'd usually gravitate toward. However I'm a strong believer in branching out. You never know what you'll like if you don't try new things. After meeting and talking to the book's
Carolyn
Apr 06, 2016 Carolyn rated it it was amazing
I liked this book even more than the first in the series. Maybe because I'd come to know and love the characters. Maybe because everyone's "dirty little secrets" as Sheriff Rick Sutton calls them had my mind zipping in different directions, trying to solve the mystery before Rick, Corrie and J.D. could.

The writing is crisp and polished, and between that and the gently simmering love triangle, I'm ready to dive into Book 3! How will Corrie continue to attract guests to the Black Horse Campground
Michael NIcholl
No Lifeguard on Duty by Amy M Bennett

The Black Horse Campground Mysteries are a great read and Amy Bennett has made her books intriguing, suspenseful and interesting to where you don't want to stop reading them until your done. I enjoyed her first book 'End of the Road' very much and after reading 'No Lifeguard on Duty', I couldn't wait to read her third book 'No Vacancy'! I would highly recommend her books!
J.L. Greger
Apr 28, 2016 J.L. Greger rated it it was amazing
NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY has two mysteries: Who killed teenager Kristi Otero and left her in the swimming pool at the Black Horse Campground? And which suitor will Corrie Black pick the wholesome Sheriff Rick Sutton or the darker Houston cop, J.D. Wilder? Although this book is written form the viewpoint of adults, it addresses teen problems of popularity, drugs, drinking, parents, and bullying in a way that would be appealing to young adults.
Michelle Nicholl
Michelle Nicholl rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2016
Denise Medley
Denise Medley rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2014
Billie Johnson
Billie Johnson rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2015
Mary Bennett
Mary Bennett rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2016
Gilbert Gonzales
Gilbert Gonzales rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2016
Jean-ann Stump
Jean-ann Stump rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2016
Elizabeth Bennett
Elizabeth Bennett rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2015
Billie Johnson
Billie Johnson rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2015
Jeana Lomprez
Jeana Lomprez rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2014
Adylure
Adylure marked it as to-read
Katie Harder-schauer
Katie Harder-schauer marked it as to-read
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Melanie Moreau
Melanie Moreau marked it as to-read
Donna Schubert
Donna Schubert marked it as to-read
Nikki Tegtmeyer
Nikki Tegtmeyer marked it as to-read
Vykki
Vykki marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Kelley
Kelley marked it as to-read
Jo-Ann Murphy
Jo-Ann Murphy marked it as to-read
Kim Schneider
Kim Schneider marked it as to-read
Callie
Callie marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Lisa Cobb Sabatini
Lisa Cobb Sabatini marked it as to-read
Michelle Quintana
Michelle Quintana marked it as to-read
Sarah Sternby
Sarah Sternby marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Joy Yerkie
Joy Yerkie marked it as to-read
Isabella Kayleigh
Isabella Kayleigh marked it as to-read
Merrill
Merrill marked it as to-read
J
J marked it as to-read
Diana Senn
Diana Senn marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Elaine Needelman
Elaine Needelman marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
Jane Chizmar
Jane Chizmar marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Shana M. Garrity
Shana M. Garrity marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Erin Cupp
Erin Cupp marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Sandra Beck
Sandra Beck marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014