Start by marking “By Summer's End (Christian Fiction)” as Want to Read:
By Summer's End (Christian Fiction)

By Summer's End (Christian Fiction)

When Holly Holton is willed a house by a great uncle she met only one time, she’s confused but happy. As guardian to her fifteen-year-old half-sister, with whom she doesn’t get along, she hopes that moving will be a catalyst for change in their relationship. The young women fall in love with their new home, but unfortunately, are unaware of a condition of home ownership ...more
Published April 19th 2014 by Rosemarie Naramore

To ask other readers questions about By Summer's End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about By Summer's End

Della Raines
Nov 10, 2016 Della Raines rated it really liked it
My confining obstacle.

This story makes you wrap your mind around all the things you take into consideration in your day to day activities, and how you respond to different situations that arise.
Mary Lou
Nov 16, 2016 Mary Lou rated it it was amazing
A very interesting read.

This novel was a real page turner. I loved the characters and the whole plot. It was one of the best contemporary Christian romances I have read, and I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a good Christian romance.
Peggy Allen
Sep 28, 2016 Peggy Allen rated it it was amazing
Great

Precious book for all ages! great way to explain love and how to talk to our Lord Jesus Christ! Praying that this book is read by many !
Jen
Jan 11, 2015 Jen rated it liked it
Enjoyed the story and the characters. I appreciate how Christ-centered the story was, and admired the faith the main character, Holly, demonstrates. Holly hasn't had an idyllic childhood (made her easy to relate to, because mine was similar) but Holly credits The Lord for drawing close to her and helping her to stay positive and count her blessings, rather than focus on what is missing or the many things that have gone wrong for her. Her faith is truly remarkable. Even aside from her faith, ...more
Sandy A Devlin
Jun 21, 2016 Sandy A Devlin rated it really liked it
Riveting Story

I felt the storyline was plausible. Holly struggled to make a home for her half sister even though her sister wasn't receptive. Holly felt a new start in a new location might be the answer. So they drove with their belongings to a house that was willed to her by a great uncle she had only met once. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a good storyline.
Miriam
Jul 28, 2014 Miriam rated it liked it
Shelves: one-time-read, 2014
This was an ok book. It was very predictable but sweet. I'm a Christian and knew this was a Christian book but I don't agree with some of the Christian principles in this novel, but this is neither the time nor place to discuss doctrinal differences. Overall a quick, clean read with the expected "Happily Ever After" ending.
Randy
Aug 02, 2015 Randy rated it it was ok
Had some problems

It was a decent book but has some grammatical errors. At one point the author wrote Holly when it should have been Brianna. It was also a tad predictable but overall okay.
Audra
Aug 04, 2014 Audra rated it it was amazing
Sweet Christian romance

Sweet Christian romance

Quick and sweet read. Shows the strong bond between siblings, the love for Christ and others without being too "preachy".
Claire Gawinski
Jan 25, 2015 Claire Gawinski rated it it was amazing
Good read

Great love story. No violence, no swearing, no sex and God in the center. It's a book you can read in one day.
Pam Jackson-gorsline
Dec 27, 2015 Pam Jackson-gorsline rated it really liked it
Summer time

This was a good story with Christian values worked nicely in. It is nice to read a story where people developed their character.
Lillie
May 30, 2015 Lillie rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the story and appreciated the faith message. However, the misunderstanding could probably been cleared up sooner.
ira wimberly
Apr 12, 2015 ira wimberly rated it it was amazing
Good book

Typical love e story, which I usually don't read. Would love to sequal. With leading more with horses. And Brianna
Patricia L. Milheim
Aug 11, 2014 Patricia L. Milheim rated it it was amazing
Believe

What a wonderful story and a reminder of our faith in God. Thank you Heavenly Father. Loved the story as I'm sure you will to.
Lyndsey
May 19, 2015 Lyndsey rated it liked it
Had a good storyline and loved the characters, but was very predictable and I felt the author skimped on the ending.
Sara Calkins
Jul 29, 2014 Sara Calkins rated it really liked it
such a sweet quick read. Some parts were kind of rushed through and other parts very long but overall it was a pretty good book.
jean marcum
Jul 26, 2014 jean marcum rated it it was amazing
Awesome!!

Awesome!!

I loved this book! It was a good, clean family read!! There is a lot about love, family and forgiveness and most importantly GOD!!!
Lloyd Gibson
Aug 17, 2016 Lloyd Gibson rated it really liked it
Review of Summer's End

I am enjoyed reading this book. It kept me interested and I enjoyed the messages about being equally yoked in marriage and I liked the ending.
Brandi
Brandi rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2014
Dawn
Dawn rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2014
Renae
Renae rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2014
Jackie Thorpe
Jackie Thorpe rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2015
Courtney
Courtney rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2015
Anne Rees
Anne Rees rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2016
Debra
Debra rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2014
Shelley
Shelley rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2015
mary a crawley
mary a crawley rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2016
Colleen
Colleen rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2014
Shelley Wead
Shelley Wead rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2014
Sherri Brown
Sherri Brown rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • A Good-Hearted Man
  • Smitten at First Sight
  • Stolen Woman (Stolen #1)
  • No Reservations (The Winemaker's Dinner, #0.6)
  • Free Gift with Purchase
  • Until Forever
  • RSVP (The Winemaker's Dinner, #0.5)
  • Memories
  • Devil in Disguise
  • Her Minnesota Man
  • Kate's Kisses (Sweet Treats Bakery #1)
  • Two Crosses (Secrets of the Cross Trilogy #1)
  • Bon Appetit (French Twist #2)
  • Cafenova (Clairmont Series #1)
  • Finding Hope in Savannah
  • Out of the Mist (Golden Filly, #7)
  • Broken Dreams Anna and Lucinda's Story
  • A Trusting Heart (Souls of Indenture, #2)
Rosemarie Naramore's fondest desire has always been to write fiction. She was delighted when her first romance novel, "Just in Time," was published by Avalon Books. She went on to write three other lighthearted romances for Avalon--"Armed and Disarming," "The Detour," and "Lacey's Homecoming," as well as a mystery entitled "The Listing Agent." When Amazon acquired Avalon in 2012, her second ...more
More about Rosemarie Naramore...