Start by marking “Kiss and Tell” as Want to Read:
Kiss and Tell

Kiss and Tell

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  169 ratings  ·  23 reviews
From model, actress and Playmate of the Year Tweed--the woman who knows and loves KISS's Gene Simmons best--comes a behind-the-scenes look at life with the rocker as his live-in girlfriend. Unabridged.
Published November 1st 2007 by Phoenix Books (first published June 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss and Tell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss and Tell

Tabitha Beck
I love this book--I love her story. The writing will never be confused with high level literature...but the writing was warm, honest, and compassionate.
I know what I have w my partner, but it took reading Shannon's words about Gene--and how being w Gene changed her into a better person--for me to really understand and become able to verbalize just how similar I have things's that love and respect...and above all else, that is what shines through in Shannon's book--her love and her resp
First off I'm a big fan of the show Gene Simmon's Family Jewels. It wasn't until recently that I actually saw the episodes about their relationship troubles on the show. I didn't even think about reading shannon's book because
1. I couldn't find it locally
2. She seemed pretty private on the show when it came to major areas(until the relationship troubles).

I only became interested in reading the book when I decided to get an overall picture before I read Holly Madison's book Down the rabbit hol
I really enjoyed this book. I did not know too much about her until she did her reality show Family Jewels with hubby Gene Simmons. She was raised in Canada, she made a lot of B movies, was a playboy bunny and girlfriend to Hugh Hefner. They not talk about Gene very much in this book, she concentrates on her life.
I have been a Kiss fan for as long as I can remember and remember Shannon from her time on the soap Days Of Our Lives and her straight-to-video movies with Andrew Stevens. I love the show, Family Jewels and heard Gene and Shannon's son, Nick mention her book, so I ordered it to read. The book is not very long (I read it in one day) but it was entertaining and just proves to more more what a loving(and quite normal) relationship Gene and Shannon have. I recommend it for anyone who is a fan and ju ...more
Interesting. Listened to it on audiobook and I enjoyed listening to Shannon's voice telling her story.
I recently discovered 'Family Jewels' and I can't get enough of ! As such, I found this book interesting, not to mention a quick read (2 hours this afternoon). I had never heard of Shannon Tweed prior to the TV show. Not only is she our age (Bonnie), but she lived in Saskatchewan during her teen / high school years. Who knows, maybe we met her in the basement of the Hotel Saskatchewan one afternoon or evening!!!

Derek Neighbors
The Simmons family is appealing because they are exceedingly human. I never much paid attention to Shannon or Gene (KISS), but caught a season of Family Jewels and liked how the family interacted. Getting a look into Shannon's life made it all make sense. Farm girl from Canada longing for more. Lots of good little nuggets about success for life included and some great stories about the playboy mansion and Hugh Hefner.
Tyrus Wong
Mar 19, 2012 Tyrus Wong rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
An amazing life shared between Shannon and Gene. Especially for a KISS fan who for the longest time only saw the one side of Gene...because that's all he shared.

Family Jewels opened so many more eyes to the life and times of Gene Simmons, it didn't take long to discover that Gene was the one on the lucky streak.

MONSTERously talented family, as we are all about to find out yet again...:)

Did you get that?
May 26, 2008 Julie added it
This is probably one of the worst books I've read in a long time. I picked it up because at the time I was watching Gene Simmon Family Jewels and I thought it would be somewhat entertaining. It found it to be very boring. There was no "Kissing" nor "Telling", at least not enough to keep my interest. I would compare it to one of those "Fun with Dick and Jane" books we read in first grade.
Lawrie Mills
I started this book last evening and have not been able to put it down since, I found it very intriguing! Shannon has led a very intersting life but i really found the book to be done tastefully, there were plenty of opportunities for her to get very graphic and she didnt! I would recomend this book to anyone who is feeling nosey!
Dale Stonehouse
One major theme of Tweed's story is that she and boyfriend Gene Simmons, father of their 2 children, were not married. Now they are, so at least one chapter remains to be added. Tweed, a Canadian actress and former Playboy Playmate of the Year (and Hefner's girlfriend), is as honest and penetrating as expected.
This book wasn't horrible. I like the beginning when she is talking about growing up in Canada.
I thought it got a little dull towards the end. There were things she talks about with Gene that seem kind of personal on a too much information level. I think it could of been better though.
I liked reading about her side of the story. However at times the story just seemed a little juvenile. Parts were hard to keep my interest. I do however, think she is just an amazing and beautiful woman.
listened to the audiobook of this; for all the arrogance of Gene Simmons, it really seems that Shannon and Gene have such a NORMAL relationship and their kids are just as normal, its great to hear!!
I'm a huge KISS fan, and Gene Simmons fan, so I was interested in finding out about his better half. She has a lot more depth to her than expected.
This book was had to read since it was written so badly. But I made it through the whole thing as fast as I could.
I loved this book. Very interesting to read about the woman who tamed the Rock God.
Interesting. I read this in a day, it wasn't a difficult read, but it wasn't bad.
Great book, especially if you are interested in Shannon Tweed and Gene Simmons.
Mr. Pe Mr. Pe
this is a great book and i recommend it to everyone
Thought it was interesting. Easy read.
May 05, 2008 Eric is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
the inside of Gene and shannon
Interesting view....admirable woman.
Melissa Snow
Melissa Snow marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Terri Rodley
Terri Rodley is currently reading it
Sep 23, 2015
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Misti Ross
Misti Ross marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
  • Sex Money Kiss (Gene Simmons Family Jewels)
  • Irena Sendler: Mother of the Children of the Holocaust
  • The Kennedys: America's Emerald Kings: A Five-Generation History of the Ultimate Irish-Catholic Family
  • Creating Myself: How I Learned That Beauty Comes in All Shapes, Sizes, and Packages, Including Me
  • Danielle Steel
  • Bobby and Jackie: A Love Story
  • Where Mercy Is Shown, Mercy Is Given
  • Once Upon a Rock Star: Backstage Passes in the Heavy Metal Eighties — Big Hair, Bad Boys, (and One Bad Girl)
  • Enter Whining
  • High Voltage Tattoo
  • Treasures from the Attic: the Extraordinary Story of Anne Frank's Family
  • Gasping for Airtime: Two Years in the Trenches of Saturday Night Live
  • William and Harry: Behind the Palace Walls
  • Female Nomad and Friends: Tales of Breaking Free and Breaking Bread Around the World
  • Promises to Keep: On Life and Politics
  • The Men We Became: My Friendship with John F. Kennedy, Jr.
  • An Affair to Remember: The Remarkable Love Story of Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy
  • A Dictionary of Intermediate Japanese Grammar 日本語文法辞典【中級編】 (Japanese Grammar Dictionary Series #2)