Start by marking “Medusa the Rich (Goddess Girls, #16)” as Want to Read:
Medusa the Rich (Goddess Girls, #16)

Medusa the Rich (Goddess Girls #16)

Medusa discovers that having the golden "King Midas" touch has its ups and downs in the sixteenth Goddess Girls adventure.
When Medusa suddenly becomes able to turn objects into gold just by touching them, she is thrilled. Gold, gold, everywhere! But it's not just objects that become golden--it's also food, and, even people! Her new ability turns out to be more dangerous t
Published May 9th 2015 by Simon & Schuster (first published April 28th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Medusa the Rich, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Medusa the Rich

Rachel
Feb 12, 2016 Rachel rated it really liked it
Have always loved Greek mythology, and still do, no matter how easy the reading level...
Shevaun Yip
Jan 17, 2016 Shevaun Yip rated it really liked it
This book was very exciting and funny. It relates to my daily school life, so I found it quite interesting.
Julianna
Jun 08, 2015 Julianna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the book
Linda Jaejoong
Jan 01, 2016 Linda Jaejoong rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-until-2016
Endlich ist Medusa wieder an der Reihe, sie ist zusammen mit Persephone und Hades mein Favorit. Wie könnte man sie nicht toll finden, sie ist so anders als alle anderen. In diesem Abenteuer reist sie zusammen mit Dionysus nach Phrygia um eine verloren gegangene Ziege zu finden und erhält dabei durch einen glücklichen Zufall die goldenen Berührung, mit der sie in der Lage ist Sachen in Gold zu verwandeln.

Medusa die sonst immer Geld Probleme hatte ist natürlich super begeistert vor Freunde, da sie
Claudia
May 27, 2015 Claudia rated it really liked it
Shelves: may-2015
Medusa went with Dionysus to get his goat Silenus, King Midas gets a wish from Dionysus, his wish was to get the golden touch. The Golden Touch allows him to touch stuff and immediately it turns into gold. But when King Midas realizes that the golden touch went out of control, he transfers his golden touch to Medusa. Medusa started to sell stuff that she touched and turned into gold. She later had enough money to pay for the entry fee, but will she soon realize the golden touch was bad?

The reaso
Allie
Jul 14, 2015 Allie rated it it was amazing
Tells the story of "King Midas and the Golden Touch" very nicely and in a creative way, however I don't recall Medusa involved anywhere in the tale/myth. As this is Greek, the name is Dionysus, not Bacchus, like it is in Roman.
Daisy
This book was great! Medusa is one of my favourite characters in this series and King Midas and the Golden Touch is one of my favourite myths, so I had high hopes. Although the Golden Touch was kind of simplified and made easier to deal with, it was still fun to read about and I enjoyed it as a storyline.

As for Medusa's character... I have to admit that one thing I keep noticing with the later books in this series is inconsistencies in the characters. It feels to me like all the morally grey ma
Renee
Sep 21, 2015 Renee rated it it was amazing
My 12 year old daughter wrote this review for Mother Daughter Book Reviews:

This book is about is about a mortal girl who attends MOA (Mount Olympus Academy and who has snakes for hair named Medusa. Medusa is tired of being bested by her two older sisters so when she has a chance to be better, she decides to take that chance and enters the Comicontest. The only problem is, the entry fee is 15 drachmas, which Medusa does not have. But then king Midas gives Medusa his golden touch – a power to turn
Beenee Reads
Nov 22, 2015 Beenee Reads rated it really liked it
I have to admit, I never really thought too much about Medusa until I read this series. Because of this series I now have a new favorite Greek character (I can't say goddess because she isn't one).

In Medusa the Rich, Holub revisits the story of Midas and his golden touch, only this time it's told from the views of the young generation! Medusa, while trying to help the King out, ends up with the golden touch and it seems to be the best thing ever because she is always strapped for cash. The golde
Grace
Sep 10, 2015 Grace rated it really liked it
I think this was a fun book and a good edition to the goddess girl series. It's nice to see the book from Medusa's point of view, since she is not is the group of friends called the Goddess girls, and she is also a mortal. This has been happening more and more often, and I hope it continues.

Anyway, I enjoyed this book, it is a fun, short read and it's nice and relaxing. If you want to read a book just because, you should try this series, like I said before, it is a quick read, but still a good
April Duclos
Feb 20, 2016 April Duclos rated it really liked it
Another great one in the series. I find that the ones about characters not in the main Goddess Girl "core" group are often better stories. This one does not disappoint as Medusa finds herself needing money to enter a contest with her comicscrolls and happens to take on the Midas curse.

*Spoilers*
There's gold-making shenanigans, a daring rescue of the boy she likes from pirates, and while everything always wraps up perfectly in these stories I couldn't help feeling a bit worried when her snakes w
Douglas
Sep 09, 2016 Douglas rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Elizabeth
Fun book! Even though this is a children's book I still like to read it because it's a nice twist on Greek mythology and the gods and goddesses!

This one was about medusa and king Midas and the gold touch so that was pretty cool... It was pretty cheesy but all of them are.

Overall a fun little Greek mythology book, looking forward to the next one.
Anna Wojcik
Jun 14, 2016 Anna Wojcik rated it really liked it
Shelves: joan-holub
As I said before, all the Goddess Girls books are extremely childish for anyone over 11 years old but this was still a very cute book. It was an extremely easy read. I really enjoyed this book!
Jackie
Jackie rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Cindy
Cindy rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Nancy Powning
Nancy Powning rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2016
Harley
Harley rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2016
Quinlan Lee
Quinlan Lee rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Kaylee
Kaylee rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2015
Night
Night rated it liked it
May 15, 2015
Josh Gifford
Josh Gifford rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2015
Chirammel Prince
Chirammel Prince rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2015
Rachel Engebretson
Rachel Engebretson rated it really liked it
May 06, 2015
Natalie Olson
Natalie Olson rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2015
Yeva
Yeva rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2015
Erika Acosta
Erika Acosta rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2016
Naomi
Naomi rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2015
Ally Blueye
Ally Blueye rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Hit the Road, Helen! (Myth-O-Mania, #9)
  • Of Sorcery and Snow (The Ever Afters #3)
  • Vermonia #5: The Warriors' Trial
  • G-Man Volume 1: Learning To Fly
  • Time for Magic (WINX Club, Vol. 6)
  • Avalon: The Warlock Diaries, Volume 1
  • The Fairy-Tale Matchmaker (Fairy-tale Matchmaker #1)
  • Maisy and the Money Marauder (The Maisy Files #2)
  • The Waffler
  • Mia Fashion Plates and Cupcakes (Cupcake Diaries, #18)
  • My Little Pony: Friends Forever, Volume 1
  • The Journal of the Two Sisters: The Official Chronicles of Princesses Celestia and Luna (My Little Pony)
  • Bone Quill (Hollow Earth, #2)
  • Kiss and Spell (Ever After High: A School Story, #2)
  • Cold As Ice (Whatever After #6)
  • Confessions of a So-Called Middle Child
  • Pandora Gets Frightened (Mythic Misadventures #7)
  • Amanda Lester and the Pink Sugar Conspiracy (Amanda Lester, Detective, #1)
Children's book author: MIGHTY DADS (a NY Times bestseller); LITTLE RED WRITING; the GODDESS GIRLS series (with Suzanne Williams); THIS LITTLE PRESIDENT, A Presidential Primer; ZERO THE HERO. Lucky to be doing what I love.
More about Joan Holub...

Goddess Girls (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Athena the Brain (Goddess Girls, #1)
  • Persephone the Phony (Goddess Girls, #2)
  • Aphrodite the Beauty (Goddess Girls, #3)
  • Artemis the Brave (Goddess Girls, #4)
  • Athena the Wise (Goddess Girls, #5)
  • Aphrodite the Diva (Goddess Girls, #6)
  • Artemis the Loyal (Goddess Girls, #7)
  • Medusa the Mean (Goddess Girls, #8)
  • Pandora the Curious (Goddess Girls, #9)
  • Pheme the Gossip (Goddess Girls, #10)