Start by marking “The Beast of Seabourne (Artefact, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Beast of Seabourne (Artefact, #2)

The Beast of Seabourne (Artefact #2)

Oz Chambers has a wonderful secret; the obsidian pebble, gifted to him by his dead father, is an artefact of astonishing power. The sort of power that makes the year eight science project a hands-down walkover thanks to the the pebble's genius avatar, Soph. But, there are sinister forces abroad who will do just about anything to get their hands on the pebble, and when ...more
Published October 28th 2014 by Spencer Hill Middle Grade

To ask other readers questions about The Beast of Seabourne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beast of Seabourne

Vidya-BooksAreMagic
Nov 23, 2014 Vidya-BooksAreMagic rated it really liked it
Oz and his friends, Ruff and Ellie, along with Soph is back again for another adventure. There are more artefacts to find and the trio still are not sure where to start their search. Meanwhile, there is a plot surrounding them, from many people who are also behind these artefacts. They have to face many other challenges while on their journey. And there is the typical bullying stuff in the school. Oz and his friends have to manage all the dangers thrown in their way and get the artefacts.

It was
Kelly Hager
Sep 28, 2014 Kelly Hager rated it it was amazing
The rare sequel that's better than the original. I can't wait for the third book.
Seregil of Rhiminee
Dec 23, 2014 Seregil of Rhiminee rated it really liked it
Originally published at Risingshadow.

Rhys A. Jones' The Beast of Seabourne is the second book in the Artefact series. It's an excellent sequel to The Obsidian Pebble, because the story is so good that it will keep readers glued to the book until they reach the final page.

The first book in the Artefact series, The Obsidian Pebble, was an intriguing and well written introduction to the adventures of Oz Chambers and his friends. This sequel continues Oz's story in a fantastic way as new mysteries a
Darby Karchut
Sep 28, 2014 Darby Karchut rated it it was amazing
Last year, I was swept away by The Obsidian Pebble (Book One in The Artefact Quintet.) Before I go into my review, let m just say that it makes my heart do all kinds of jigs and reels to know there will be two more books in the series. The world building and the characters from The Obsidian Pebble stayed with me long after I was finished with the book. Now, Rhys A. Jones has worked his considerable magic and created the next book in the series, The Beast of Seabourne.

It was a pure delight to ret
Stuart
Jan 07, 2015 Stuart rated it it was amazing
In this follow up to The Obsidian Pebble (the first book in The Artefact Quintet) we see that author Rhys A. Jones has dived right back into the deep end of the pool and taken all of the rich introductions from the first novel and was able to expand upon them! As a huge fan of fantasy or science fiction world building, continuity, and character development this sequel has been able to hit all of the high points for me and is truly a delight for my son as well.

Much like the Harry Potter series we
Elizabeth Ehlen
Feb 20, 2015 Elizabeth Ehlen rated it really liked it
Oz and his friends Ellie and Rufus have a sneaking suspicion that the Obsidian pebble was not the end of the story. Using Soph, the avatar for the clever tech found in the pebble, they go on a search for the next artifact, the black ring. It has been found once before, but that man met with an unpleasant demise. Will they be able to find it before the Beast of Seabourne unleashes on them, the way it has unleashed on some of their school bullies? And will they be able to prevent the evil scheme ...more
Elizabeth (Stuffed Shelves)
This is the second book in the Artefact Series. Although I have't read the first book in the series The Obsidian Pebble, the second book was easy to pick up on and catch up quickly. In the first book, they deal with tragic loss, while trying to solve a mystery. The second book picks up on their search for more artefacts, like the ones they originally found in the first book.

The beginning of this book was a bit hard to get into, but I think that's because I hadn't read the first book in the seri
Elena
Feb 20, 2015 Elena rated it liked it
I find myself again reading a novels without knowing it is a sequel….this is starting to become an habit!

Anyway, The Beast of Seabourn by Rhys A Jones was so and so at the beginning. We find the protagonists Oscar Oz Chambers and his two best friends (Ellie and Ruff) busy building their science project: a working model of the water cycle. If you think thats quite a task, dont worry! Their "ace in the sleeve" is Soph, an avatar/ AI that the trio got in the first novel of the series.

They have to k
Jackie Parry
Nov 26, 2014 Jackie Parry rated it really liked it
I haven’t read the first in this series, The Obsidian Pebble. The Beast of Seabourne is book two in the Artifact Series. The Beast of Seabourne stands alone, you do not need to read the first book to be able to enjoy the second, but I’d recommend it – just because the story is so enjoyable. And, Jones does a great job in providing enough back-story to keep up with all events.

There’s a certain amount of magic and charm in this story, I was sceptical at first, as I do not normally read this genre.
Courtney Haas
Feb 23, 2015 Courtney Haas rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd addition to the series and is somewhat simple to catch onto. I haven't read the first book, yet, but read a brief summary to help myself figure the storyline out. The Book of Seabourne follows the tales of a group of friends on a fantastical mission to find hidden artefacts. The three friends have made it through magical adventures, and are intent to go on more. No matter the troubles along the way, they have each other's backs.

I really like the font and styles used in this nove
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2015
Thais Arata
Thais Arata rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Karen Roberts
Karen Roberts rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2015
Neo000100
Neo000100 rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2015
Steve Qunell
Steve Qunell rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2015
Christi Carlton
Christi Carlton rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2015
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2015
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Princess Bookie
Princess Bookie marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
WhyYesIYA/Bebe
WhyYesIYA/Bebe marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Jazmin
Jazmin marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Kribu
Kribu added it
Oct 11, 2014
April
April marked it as to-read
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Kelly Marie
Kelly Marie marked it as to-read
Talitha
Talitha marked it as to-read
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Lorraine Baker
Lorraine Baker marked it as to-read
Mystipul
Mystipul marked it as to-read
Richard Hicks
Richard Hicks marked it as to-read
Nicola Fantom
Nicola Fantom marked it as to-read
Misa
Misa marked it as to-read
Jeanette
Jeanette marked it as to-read
Vykki
Vykki marked it as to-read
Julia Conway
Julia Conway marked it as to-read
Ms. Reader
Ms. Reader marked it as to-read
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Debbie Kennedy
Debbie Kennedy marked it as to-read
Daryl Moad
Daryl Moad marked it as to-read
Carissa Burks
Carissa Burks marked it as to-read
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Kirsty
Kirsty marked it as to-read
Dianne
Dianne marked it as to-read
Melitta Cross
Melitta Cross marked it as to-read
Seanna Yeager
Seanna Yeager marked it as to-read
NormaCenva
NormaCenva marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
  • Untitled (H.I.V.E., #9)
  • Infinity Drake: The Sons of Scarlatti (Infinity Drake, #1)
  • Heirs of Prophecy (The Prophecies, #1)
  • Lost Girl (Oracles #1)
  • Arsenic for Tea (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #2)
  • The Orphan Army
  • My Sort of Fairy Tale Ending (My Very UnFairy Tale Life, #3)
  • Games Wizards Play (Young Wizards, #10)
  • Monarchs and Mendicants (Gifford Ulrich, #1)
  • Geek Drama (Geek Girl, #2.5)
  • Don't Die with Your Song Unsung
  • Nette
  • Civil Society and Women Activists in the Middle East: Islamic and Secular Organizations in Egypt
  • Clockwork Menagerie (Shadows of Asphodel, #2.5)
  • The Opposite of Magic
  • The Sleeping Army
  • Into the Fire (Into the Fire, #1)
  • Benedict Cumberbatch, Transition Completed: Films, Fame, Fans
Rhys A Jones was born in a mining village in the Swansea valley in Wales where he attended primary and secondary schools. In 1974, he was offered a place at Medical school in London and qualified in 1979. Medicine and a family followed, but writing as Dylan Jones, he published 4 novels in the nineties, two of which were filmed by the BBC. But a growing desire to moves away from adult thrillers is ...more
More about Rhys A. Jones...

Artefact (2 books)
  • The Obsidian Pebble (Artefact, #1)