Start by marking “Hard Ride to Dry Gulch” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Hard Ride to Dry Gulch

Joanna Wayne

Hard Ride to Dry Gulch (Big D Dads: The Daltons #3)

A DEDICATED DETECTIVE RISKS HIS LIFE TO SAVE A WOMAN AND HER SON IN THIS SPELLBINDING BIG "D" DADS: THE DALTONS NOVEL BY JOANNA WAYNE.

A haunting beauty with mesmerizing brown eyes is in desperate need of Dallas homicide detective Travis Dalton's help. Faith Ashburn's troubled teenage son is missing...and may be hiding secrets that could get him--and his mother--killed.

Fait
Published July 1st 2014 by Harlequin Intrigue (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Hard Ride to Dry Gulch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard Ride to Dry Gulch

Nikita (NjKinny's World of Books & Stuff)
Jul 21, 2014 Nikita (NjKinny's World of Books & Stuff) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All Romantic Suspense and Cowboy lovers..
Recommended to Nikita by: Joanna Wayne

Faith Ashburn is troubled and the only thing that has been driving her for the last ten months is the search for her missing son, Cornell. Cornell Ashburn is a good kid and Faith thought she knew him until the day he disappeared suddenly without a trace.
Now Faith is desperate to do anything to find him and when the Houston Homicide Detective and the brother-in-law of her best friend, Joni, Travis Dalton offers his help, she agrees.
Is Cornell still alive?
Susan
Good story with lots of drama. It's been almost a year since Faith's teenage son disappeared, but she hasn't given up trying to find him. She's gone into some dangerous situations in her search for clues, and is rescued from one of them by Travis. He is haunted by the sadness in her eyes, but doesn't see her again for months, when she shows up as a bridesmaid in his brother's wedding. When he hears her story, he has to help her.

I liked Faith's determination to find her son, but it was a little
Paula Legate
As a mother this story really touched me. I could not imagine having my son just disappear one day no matter how old he was. Faith was a mother. Her son was 18 years old, and needed medication. She would do anything for information to help her find him. She turned to the handsome detective Travis for his help. I loved the suspense, and danger to the story. I also enjoyed the romance that built as the story went along.
Faith was a strong heroine. She never backed away from what needed to be done.
Paula Legate

I also enjoyed the romance that built as the story went along.
Faith was a strong heroine. She never backed away from what needed to be done.
Rhonda
Apr 26, 2014 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hard Ride to Dry Gulch by Joanna Wayne

4 STARS

Lots of drama, suspense. Faith is a strong female character. She will do anything to help find her son. Their is one love scene that I skipped over. Some violence.

Faith is a single mom. Her son went missing ten months ago. She knows he would not just run away like the police think he did.
She has gone into sleazy places dressed like a hooker to try and find information. She has a good friends, not much family support.

Travis Dalton is a cop. He met Fai
Debbie Heaton
In Wayne’s romantic suspense novel, Faith Ashburn’s troubled teenage son is missing and she desperately needs help from someone. When Dallas homicide detective Travis Dalton stumbles across a connection between Faith’s missing son and a criminal he’s been after, he realizes that her son just might be sitting on information that could get them all killed. Placing her trust in Travis, Faith vows to work with him, and when passion flares, both must face up to their pasts if they are to embrace the ...more
Sara Mitchell
The overall idea of the story was good. I liked Travis, he was a well written character. The person i had issues with was Faith. I understand that a mother who is worried about her missing child can do desperate things but in this case i was a little annoyed with Faith. She had no clue what her son was up to and which is definitely understandable but i felt she was a little whiny and pushy, refusing to listen to good advice.
Karen
Well I am a little bummed....the story line seemed pretty good, the leading male character, Travis Dalton was really cool but I totally did NOT like the lead female....she was whiney and pushy...and did NOT take direction well...

Without typing any spoilers....I get that Faith's worried about the safety of her child....but if you don't follow strict instructions there's always that chance that more damage can be done. So for me, the lead female was a disappointing character...
Tory Michaels
Jul 02, 2014 Tory Michaels rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Great sense of suspense throughout. I really didn't know what (if anything) Faith's son had done prior to going on the run. Ms. Wayne actually kept me guessing throughout the whole book and I really appreciate any author who can do that these days. I loved Travis, and his daddy-issues were great. I can't blame him for having them, and I'm actually curious to see how the little series goes with the rest of his family.
Elizabeth
The book has a mystery and a little romance but the story had a hard time keeping me interested. I'm not sure if it was the character development or that I didn't like where the storyline was headed, but I just couldn't get into the book.

This will not hinder me from trying other books from this author in the future.

**I was gifted an eBook copy from the publisher via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. All conclusions reached are my own**
Harlequin Books
"The combination of bittersweet family dynamics, the very real world of smuggling and drug culture and the determination of a mother who will go to any lengths to find her child takes Wayne’s story from merely entertaining to a gripping read" (RT Book Reviews). 4 1/2 stars

Miniseries: Big "D" Dads: The Daltons
Bonnie Drummond
Dec 13, 2015 Bonnie Drummond rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin
One great series to read from Harlequin Intrigue Suspense Big "D" Dads: The Dalton's ( Hard Ride to Dry Gulch ). A big praise for Joanna Wayne and this series as one of all time favorite book series to read.
Maureen Hubley
May 18, 2014 Maureen Hubley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this bok and will have to try to find the previous books in the series.
Harlequin Books
received 4 1/2 stars @ RT Book Reviews
Miniseries: Big "D" Dads: The Daltons
Warren Flemmer
Warren Flemmer rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2016
Linda Straub
Linda Straub rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2015
Laura Hannaway
Laura Hannaway rated it it was ok
Jun 06, 2014
Paul Smith
Paul Smith rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2016
Philip
Philip rated it did not like it
Jul 27, 2014
Trish
Trish rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Joyce
Joyce rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2016
Jessica Mackay
Jessica Mackay rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2015
CAROL PAYNE
CAROL PAYNE rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2015
Chelsea R Ortiz-Gonzalez
Chelsea R Ortiz-Gonzalez rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Bobbiemc
Bobbiemc rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2016
Paulette Martin
Paulette Martin rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Debra Reeves
Debra Reeves rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2015
HELEN SCHRADER
HELEN SCHRADER rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2016
Alisha
Alisha rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2015
Real name: Jo Ann Vest
Pseudonyms: Jane De Vere, Julia Fitzgerald, Julia Hamilton, Joanna Wayne, Julia Watson.

Joanna Wayne began her professional writing career with the release of her first novel, DEEP IN THE BAYOU, in 1994, but Joanna will be the first to tell you that the wheels were set in motion years before. She started reading at four years of age, the same age that she began making weekly t
More about Joanna Wayne...

Big D Dads: The Daltons (5 books)
  • Trumped Up Charges (Big D Dads: The Daltons, #1)
  • Unrepentant Cowboy (Big "D" Dads: The Daltons #2)
  • Midnight Rider (Big "D" Dads: The Daltons #4)
  • Showdown at Shadow Junction (Harlequin Intrigue Series)