Start by marking “Hard Ride to Dry Gulch” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Hard Ride to Dry Gulch

Joanna Wayne

Hard Ride to Dry Gulch (Big D Dads: The Daltons #3)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  14 reviews
A DEDICATED DETECTIVE RISKS HIS LIFE TO SAVE A WOMAN AND HER SON IN THIS SPELLBINDING BIG "D" DADS: THE DALTONS NOVEL BY JOANNA WAYNE.

A haunting beauty with mesmerizing brown eyes is in desperate need of Dallas homicide detective Travis Dalton's help. Faith Ashburn's troubled teenage son is missing...and may be hiding secrets that could get him--and his mother--killed.

Fait
Published July 1st 2014 by Harlequin Intrigue (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Hard Ride to Dry Gulch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard Ride to Dry Gulch

Jonel Boyko (Pure Jonel)
Wayne presents her audience with a well written novel with an artfully developed story. This story is not simply suspenseful, but dramatic as well. Wayne balances the story so that it seems not only possible but painfully real. I really appreciated the variety of ways in which the story was developed, and the fact that there were so many aspects to the story. She takes a very raw and real look at the relationship between mother and son, especially when outside forces have a hand in it.

I appreci
Susan
Good story with lots of drama. It's been almost a year since Faith's teenage son disappeared, but she hasn't given up trying to find him. She's gone into some dangerous situations in her search for clues, and is rescued from one of them by Travis. He is haunted by the sadness in her eyes, but doesn't see her again for months, when she shows up as a bridesmaid in his brother's wedding. When he hears her story, he has to help her.

I liked Faith's determination to find her son, but it was a little
Nikita (NjKinny's World of Books & Stuff)
Jul 30, 2014 Nikita (NjKinny's World of Books & Stuff) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All Romantic Suspense and Cowboy lovers..
Recommended to Nikita by: Joanna Wayne

Faith Ashburn is troubled and the only thing that has been driving her for the last ten months is the search for her missing son, Cornell. Cornell Ashburn is a good kid and Faith thought she knew him until the day he disappeared suddenly without a trace.
Now Faith is desperate to do anything to find him and when the Houston Homicide Detective and the brother-in-law of her best friend, Joni, Travis Dalton offers his help, she agrees.
Is Cornell still alive?
Paula Legate

I also enjoyed the romance that built as the story went along.
Faith was a strong heroine. She never backed away from what needed to be done.
Paula Legate
As a mother this story really touched me. I could not imagine having my son just disappear one day no matter how old he was. Faith was a mother. Her son was 18 years old, and needed medication. She would do anything for information to help her find him. She turned to the handsome detective Travis for his help. I loved the suspense, and danger to the story. I also enjoyed the romance that built as the story went along.
Faith was a strong heroine. She never backed away from what needed to be done.
Debbie Heaton
In Wayne’s romantic suspense novel, Faith Ashburn’s troubled teenage son is missing and she desperately needs help from someone. When Dallas homicide detective Travis Dalton stumbles across a connection between Faith’s missing son and a criminal he’s been after, he realizes that her son just might be sitting on information that could get them all killed. Placing her trust in Travis, Faith vows to work with him, and when passion flares, both must face up to their pasts if they are to embrace the ...more
Rhonda
Hard Ride to Dry Gulch by Joanna Wayne

4 STARS

Lots of drama, suspense. Faith is a strong female character. She will do anything to help find her son. Their is one love scene that I skipped over. Some violence.

Faith is a single mom. Her son went missing ten months ago. She knows he would not just run away like the police think he did.
She has gone into sleazy places dressed like a hooker to try and find information. She has a good friends, not much family support.

Travis Dalton is a cop. He met Fai
Elizabeth
The book has a mystery and a little romance but the story had a hard time keeping me interested. I'm not sure if it was the character development or that I didn't like where the storyline was headed, but I just couldn't get into the book.

This will not hinder me from trying other books from this author in the future.

**I was gifted an eBook copy from the publisher via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. All conclusions reached are my own**
Karen
Well I am a little bummed....the story line seemed pretty good, the leading male character, Travis Dalton was really cool but I totally did NOT like the lead female....she was whiney and pushy...and did NOT take direction well...

Without typing any spoilers....I get that Faith's worried about the safety of her child....but if you don't follow strict instructions there's always that chance that more damage can be done. So for me, the lead female was a disappointing character...
Sara Mitchell
The overall idea of the story was good. I liked Travis, he was a well written character. The person i had issues with was Faith. I understand that a mother who is worried about her missing child can do desperate things but in this case i was a little annoyed with Faith. She had no clue what her son was up to and which is definitely understandable but i felt she was a little whiny and pushy, refusing to listen to good advice.
Tory Michaels
Great sense of suspense throughout. I really didn't know what (if anything) Faith's son had done prior to going on the run. Ms. Wayne actually kept me guessing throughout the whole book and I really appreciate any author who can do that these days. I loved Travis, and his daddy-issues were great. I can't blame him for having them, and I'm actually curious to see how the little series goes with the rest of his family.
Maureen Hubley
I enjoyed this bok and will have to try to find the previous books in the series.
Harlequin Books
"The combination of bittersweet family dynamics, the very real world of smuggling and drug culture and the determination of a mother who will go to any lengths to find her child takes Wayne’s story from merely entertaining to a gripping read" (RT Book Reviews). 4 1/2 stars

Miniseries: Big "D" Dads: The Daltons
Harlequin Books
received 4 1/2 stars @ RT Book Reviews
Miniseries: Big "D" Dads: The Daltons
Jo-ann
Jo-ann marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Jun 11, 2015
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Bobbiemc
Bobbiemc marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Joe (JP) Foley
Joe (JP) Foley marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Annette
Annette marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Melissa Saltz
Melissa Saltz marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Real name: Jo Ann Vest
Pseudonyms: Jane De Vere, Julia Fitzgerald, Julia Hamilton, Joanna Wayne, Julia Watson.

Joanna Wayne began her professional writing career with the release of her first novel, DEEP IN THE BAYOU, in 1994, but Joanna will be the first to tell you that the wheels were set in motion years before. She started reading at four years of age, the same age that she began making weekly t
More about Joanna Wayne...

Big D Dads: The Daltons (5 books)
  • Trumped Up Charges (Big D Dads: The Daltons, #1)
  • Unrepentant Cowboy (Big "D" Dads: The Daltons #2)
  • Midnight Rider (Big "D" Dads: The Daltons #4)
  • Showdown at Shadow Junction
Cowboy Swagger (Sons of Troy Ledger, #1) (Harlequin Intrigue, #1228) Genuine Cowboy (Sons of Troy Ledger, #2) (Harlequin Intrigue, #1249) AK-Cowboy (Sons of Troy Ledger, #3) (Harlequin Intrigue #1264) Cowboy Conspiracy Cowboy Fever