Start by marking “The First Christmas Ever” as Want to Read:
The First Christmas Ever

The First Christmas Ever

A simple retelling of the Christmas story, from the angel’s visit to Mary to the shepherds’ joyful praise of the new born Baby, this small format paperback, The First Christmas Ever is sure to be popular with young readers. Using the vibrant and popular artwork of Dennis Jones, families can share this timeless story of God’s love each holiday season.
Published October 7th 2014 by Zonderkidz

To ask other readers questions about The First Christmas Ever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First Christmas Ever

Juanita
Sep 07, 2015 Juanita rated it it was amazing
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through BookLook Bloggers [Harpercollins Publishers] book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

_140_245_Book_1354_coverThe First Christmas Ever
by Dennis Jones (Illustrator)

A si
Jalynn Patterson
Dec 15, 2014 Jalynn Patterson rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

A simple retelling of the Christmas story, from the angel s visit to Mary to the shepherds joyful praise of the new born Baby, this small format paperback, The First Christmas Ever is sure to be popular with young readers. Using the vibrant and popular artwork of Dennis Jones, families can share this timeless story of God's love each holiday season."

About the Author:

Dennis Jones loves to draw. His artwork can be seen in books, magazines, games, toys and Sunday school curriculum.
Kate (Too Read or Not Too Read)
I love Christmas books...I use the excuse that they are for my kiddo, but in all honesty, I love them for me as well. I'm always on the hunt for new books that tell the Christmas story.

The First Christmas Ever was a wonderful telling of the Christmas story. It was also very Biblically accurate. It drives me nuts when I see the wise men visiting baby Jesus at the stable, that isn't what is mentioned in the Bible, so I was thrilled to see this book portray Jesus at the right age.I know it's easier
Lindsey Silvestrini
Nov 24, 2014 Lindsey Silvestrini rated it it was amazing
The First Christmas Ever is a super cute Christmas book that I've enjoyed with my kids this year. It's a new spin on an old classic.

When I say new spin, the story is still the same. It's just written in a little bit more modern language and talks to kids in the way that they talk. It also embellishes on things that aren't really said in the Bible but we all assume like "All babies are special, but Mary's baby was extra special!"

Since we have a new baby in our house, my kids love all things baby.
Sally
Jan 15, 2015 Sally rated it it was amazing
The First Christmas took place in a stable with animals, a manger and hay. The reason for the first Christmas was the birth of Jesus. You might ask why this birth was so special. It is because Jesus would change the world forever.

This is a delightful 31-page soft-cover little booklet illustrated by Dennis Jones. It tells the story of Jesus’ birth through age 30, in simple everyday language that can easily be understood by children from ages 4-8. The illustrations are so adorable they will be su
Vik Arch
Oct 15, 2014 Vik Arch rated it it was amazing
Coming close to the Christmas celebration, every Christian home celebrates the birth of Jesus and this book complements the Christmas atmosphere. The First Christmas Ever retells us a story of Jesus’ birth. How Mary and Joseph looked for the place to stay. And the special night when the baby was born. The star was brightly shining.

I love the story…story of God’s love and His gift to us.

The pictures and artwork are amazing. A book can be as a keepsake or a great gift.

* My review is based solemnly
Sep 24, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing
THE FIRST CHRISTMAS EVER is a sweet book depicting the biblical account of the Nativity. Children (ages 4 – 8) will love hearing the story of Mary and Joseph and the birth of Jesus. It is perfect to read to children as you set up your nativity scene, or tell the Christmas story around the tree, or even as a bedtime story.

I loved rereading this story, and the illustrations were well done. If you are looking for a true to the Bible retelling of the birth of Jesus, then be sure to pick up THE FIRS
Cassandra
Oct 26, 2014 Cassandra rated it it was amazing
The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book through BookLook Bloggers.

The book is very small and easy to read before bed during the holidays. It is a paperback and can fit into little hands. It is a timeless classic story with a new set of illustrations. Kids of all ages and even adults are sure to enjoy this very well written book.
Rosemond Cates
Nov 19, 2014 Rosemond Cates rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid-books
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2015
Dianna
Dianna rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2015
Pam Soliz
Pam Soliz rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Alyssa Fabik
Alyssa Fabik rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2014
Beyond the Pages
Beyond the Pages marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Troi Jackson
Troi Jackson marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
More about Dennis Jones...