Start by marking “A Timeless Romance Anthology: Summer in New York Collection” as Want to Read:
A Timeless Romance Anthology: Summer in New York Collection

A Timeless Romance Anthology: Summer in New York Collection (A Timeless Romance Anthology)

In USA Today bestselling author Janette Rallison’s delightful novella, JOB HAZARDS, Lydia Robinson is posing as a prostitute. Undercover of course. Lydia’s job as a police officer hasn’t reeled in her prince charming yet. That is, until Harrison Aldridge, old high school flame, pulls up to the corner to rescue the fallen damsel. Lydia can’t exactly give Harrison the truth ...more
ebook
Published July 15th 2014 (first published July 12th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A Timeless Romance Anthology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Timeless Romance Anthology

Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I’m always so excited when a new collection is released. I drop what I’m reading and dive in as soon as I can. This one starts out with a bang with Rallison’s story of lost-love and continues to shine with fun lighthearted romances.

Job Hazards by Janette Rallison
Loved it! I had a stupid grin on my face for the majority of the story. Lydia is an undercover cop posing as a hooker when her long lost ex shows up on her corner. I love lost love stories, mainly for that moment when the couple is reun
Katie W
Oct 31, 2014 Katie W rated it it was amazing
I love these collections of stories! Each one is unique, as each author spins her tale of the topic given. This collection is all about New York City! I've never been to NYC, but now I really, really want to go. As usual, it's hard for me to choose a favorite. We are given stories about an undercover cop, a house-sitting artist, a nanny, a former couple who meets up again in an airport while stranded (due to bad weather), a woman trying to find her dream as an actress, and someone tied up in the ...more
Jessie
Jul 17, 2014 Jessie rated it really liked it
Shelves: anthologies
So far I've just read the first story, Job Hazards by Janette Rallison. I loved it! I was very excited to see that Janette Rallison was contributing to this collection, and I wasn't disappointed. Janette Rallison has a gift with putting her characters into awkward and embarrassing situations. I'm sure they don't love it as much as I do! In this story, Lydia is working undercover as a police officer to crack down on prostitution. Of course, that is the perfect time for karma to send her former ...more
Heather
Jul 13, 2014 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: series, funny, romance, novella
This collection is a fabulous read. With Janette Rallison, a romantic comedy novelist, you can't go wrong. The collection starts off with her novella. Each story takes place in NY city, and each are unique, yet romantic and sweet. In addition to Annette Lyon, Sarah M. Eden, and *me*, Lisa Mangum and Luisa Perkins have also contributed. Their novellas are very charming and if you haven't read their books yet, you'll become an instant fan.
Nashellej
Jul 26, 2014 Nashellej rated it it was amazing
I don't know how many times I'll say it, but I LOVE these Timeless Romance Anthologies. I love reading romances - especially good, clean romances. And that is what these collections are full of. Romance and excitement and lots of fun.

For example, in Janette Rallison’s delightful novella, JOB HAZARDS, Lydia is "working a corner" as an undercover cop until an old high school flame comes by to save her from a bad life. It's a hilarious story with very witty characters that made me laugh and roll my
Patricia
Jan 10, 2015 Patricia rated it liked it
I do not usually like short stories but when I saw Janette Rallison's name on this, I decided to try it out. I am going to "grade" each story here then average the "grades" to get the star rating.

Rating 5.0. Job Hazards by Janette Rallison. Honestly, I love pretty much anything Jeanette writes and this was no exception! Loved this little story! I love how Rallison is funny when she is also being serious.

Rating 3.0. A Taste of Sun by Heather B. Moore. I was really on board with the story until [s
Lisa Paskins
Aug 18, 2014 Lisa Paskins rated it really liked it
What a wonderful collection of stories. In “Job Hazards” you giggle over mistaken assumptions when one former classmate suspects another one to be a hooker. Add in the complications of social media and a high school class reunion and an intervention that involves sirens and flashing lights.
Next enjoy a digital artist escaping heartbreak in Irvine while residing in her Aunt’s New York City apartment with “A taste of Sun”. She gets to see the city sites with her Aunt’s neighbor even when she does
Cheryl
Aug 04, 2014 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Delightfully entertaining!!!!! I love these anthologies! They give me just enough of each story. My favorite was Janette Rallison's "Job Hazzards." I think I needed a good laugh. It was hilarious! I was completely hooked. Each story gives us a different perspective of The City and the lives of those living in it. Now that I have enjoyed these stories I think I am ready to jump into another novel. This was a terrific breather!
Nari
Jul 14, 2014 Nari rated it it was amazing
Great collection of short stories. One was of high school sweethearts reunited. A few were able couples getting together as they explored New York. Others about misconceptions the couples had about one another. I read them in one day and was disappointed to be done. I look forward to the next collection.
Lucy McConnell
Aug 04, 2014 Lucy McConnell rated it it was amazing
One thing I always loved about summer was the possibility of a summer romance. When reading the Summer in New York Collection, I was taken back to that feeling of hopeful possibilities.
Each story had a different feel and the characters were colorful and vibrant. I especially loved Lisa Mangum's story and secretly wished I had stumbled upon a print shop - and gorgeous master printer - too!
Gayle
Jul 24, 2014 Gayle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books, read-in-2014
Another wonderful collection of stories from some of my favorite authors! I love these collections -- all so different and yet tied together by a central theme. And while I love that I can read a story in one sitting, I always end up wishing they were just a little bit longer!
Jen
Jul 20, 2014 Jen rated it really liked it
Not my most favorite batch of stories from the Timeless Romance Anthology Collection, but good stories none the less. It was fun to spend some time in New York City. Can't wait for the next edition.
Lisa
Aug 13, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I'm honored to have a novella included in this collection. All the stories are wonderful, and made me wish I could take a trip to New York. :)
Tifferz
Aug 14, 2014 Tifferz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Summer in New York-
Job Hazards, by Janette Rallison
Lydia Robinson is a policewomen and on a sting operation undercover. But her cover was a bit of a shocker and not what she was expecting. Anyways she does the job and while working undercover as a hooker her old boyfriend, Harrison from high school pulls up and boy do things get interesting!! One of my favorite parts is when Harrison takes Lydia to dinner and when the waiter asks if they want dessert she say no that she needs to be able to fit
Angelina
Nov 06, 2016 Angelina rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
It's really hard to rate an anthology: some stories you love and some are okay. Nice anthology with some sparkling moments.
Michelle Sedeño
Nov 29, 2014 Michelle Sedeño rated it really liked it
Originally reviewed on The Escapist.

***

Summer in New York Collection is a romance anthology by six award-winning authors such as Janette Rallison, Heather B. Moore, Luisa Perkins, Sarah M. Eden, Annette Lyon, and Lisa Mangum. I am excited to read this book because it has Janette's work in it! I have read two books from her and it was amazing--I'd read more from her! Although I haven't read any from the other authors mentioned, I'm also looking forward in reading their short stories too. "Clean"
Nicole
Jul 09, 2015 Nicole rated it really liked it
***A received a copy of this book from one of the authors in exchange for my honest review.***

Job Hazards by Janette Rallison: Cute story reuniting high school sweethearts under very awkward circumstances. I enjoyed the characters, the humor, and the little bit of action.

A Taste of Sun by Heather B. Moore: Cute way to approach a romance - girl goes to NYC to apartment-sit for her aunt, guy hurries onto the elevator as another girl calls after him that he's a two-timing jerk, then girl finds out
Dianne
Sep 03, 2014 Dianne rated it liked it
*Also posted at Oops! I Read A Book Again*

Thank you to Lisa Mangum for touring this book with Oops! I Read Again Tours! Having received a copy in exchange for an honest review did not affect my views of the novel.

Feel-good. That's how I'll describe this collection of contemporary romance short stories. It was a quick read and you'll read all six stories in one go because you won't realize time has passed by. With six short stories, it was just right in delivering that dose of romance into your l
Jeanette Dummer
Mar 24, 2015 Jeanette Dummer rated it really liked it
Summer in New York
I love anthologies because I have a tendency to pick up books and then my family doesn’t see me until I’m done with it. These are great because I can read one story and then I can put it down and pick it up again when I have time. Perfect. These are short and I don’t want to give anything away, so I’ll be short in my reviews.
JOB HAZARDS, Janette Rallison.
Gotta say, this one made me giggle more than once. Harrison, you got what you deserved by jumping to conclusions, bro. I sa
Karen
Jun 20, 2016 Karen rated it it was amazing
This collection was just what I needed.

Job Hazards: I liked Lydia. She made me laugh. I thought the backstory was weaved in well. I wanted more at the end, but it was a cute, quick read.
Rating: 4.5 stars
Content: Clean - reference to prostitution

A Taste of Sun: I really liked the art element of this story and wish I could see the art, or at least art that perhaps inspired the author's descriptions. Winona and Steve were great characters.
Rating: 4.5 stars
Content: Clean

Dulce de Leche: This was a fu
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Aug 18, 2014 Aimee (Getting Your Read On) rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-for-review
I always feel just a little bit lucky when I get to read and review these romance anthology books. I have loved them from the beginning. I feel like I say pretty much the same thing every time I review one, but the thing is- I always feel the same way!

This collection brought in a few authors that don't usually appear in these anthologies. Janette Rallison, Luisa Perkins and Lisa Mangum. What a great addition! I loved reading their short stories in addition to the more familiar names that usually
Crystal (Books Are Sanity!!!)
First I have to say that I love these anthologies, they are what I turn to when I need something to read I know I will like! These six stories are all different and fun! They all take place in New York City and made me want to go to the Big Apple and see all the sights and sounds for myself! Rallison's Job Hazards had me laughing, cringing and hoping for a happily ever after! Moore's A Taste of Sun had me rooting for the underdog! Perkin's Dulce De Leche was fun while having a serious undertone, ...more
Sally
Jan 19, 2015 Sally rated it liked it
This was actually my least favorite of this anthology series! It felt like some of the stories were more forced, not as easy to sink into and want to stay a while. I had to keep reminding myself to finish each story as I would get a little bored mid-story. With the other books in this anthology I immediately went looking up the authors to the short stories to find their longer works. Here, I felt disappointed. The subject matter also just felt grittier. Oh - and I'm not sure what kind of ...more
Judy
Mar 16, 2015 Judy rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books-i-own
This anthology started out with a bang. I absolutely loved Janette Rallison's story, Job Hazards. It was hilarious and romantic at the same time. If I was just rating that story, it would be 5 stars. I will read anything she writes, because I know I will love it! So after reading that I was really excited for the rest of this anthology.
But sadly, the other stories didn't wow me as much as Janette's. They were okay, and I liked them, but they didn't quite meet my expectations. I'm not sure I'll b
Jul 21, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this anthology set in the big apple. It made me want to go visit NYC since I haven't been for more than 20 years! I really liked 3 of the 5 enough that I have already re-read them!
I LOVED Janette Rallison’s novella. She is posing as a prostitute, busting the men that try to pick her up. Up drives her ex-boyfriend. A fun read that made me laugh out loud!
A Taste of Sun was about a young woman house sitting for her aunt. Her aunt asks her neighbor to check up on her aunt & so l
Lucinda
Sep 01, 2014 Lucinda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read other titles in the A Timeless Romance Anthology and this one is among my favorites. The stories are short, sweet romances that read fast yet have developed engaging characters. The New York setting in the summer came across vivid and fresh in all six stories, each bringing something a little different from the others. It surely made me wish I could go to New York for a week or two.

It's really hard to pick a favorite story from this collection. The characters are all distinctive and ea
Andrea Smith
Aug 06, 2015 Andrea Smith rated it really liked it
I love the Timeless Romance Anthologies! The stories are short, so I can read them in snatches between my busy life or other books I'm reading. I also like that they coordinate with the different seasons. It gives me something to read year round.

Even though they are short, they are good, clean, satisfying romances. Although on some stories I'd love to read the extended version. I'm just not ready to let go of the characters. This one was fun because each story was set in New York City. I enjoyed
Lucinda
Jan 31, 2015 Lucinda rated it really liked it

Cathy
Sep 11, 2014 Cathy rated it it was amazing
This is probably my favorite Timeless Romance Anthology yet! I loved every story, each one of them taking you to the sights and sounds of busy New York City. The plots were well written, the characters great. Each of the authors featured in this collection are amazing, I wish that the stories that they wrote could have been expanded into full length novels. I love how some of these authors are writing kind of out of their comfort zone and doing an amazing job of it. Can't wait for the next ...more
LuAnn
Jul 25, 2014 LuAnn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun addition to the collection. I especially liked: JOB HAZARDS. What a predicament undercover copy Lydia Robinson finds herself in! A TASTE OF SUN taught me several things about New York and the world of art. TAKE A CHANCE made me want to jump on my bed and sing tunes from Mama Mia! at the top of my lungs. Great fun. And I loved the twist at the end of FIRSTS AND LASTS, which reminded us that things don't always have to be perfect to still work out well in the end.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Spring Vacation Collection
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Silver Bells Collection
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: All Regency Collection
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Summer Wedding Collection
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Love Letter Collection
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Old West Collection
  • Under the Mistletoe Collection (A Timeless Romance Anthology Book 14)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Autumn Collection
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: European Collection
  • The Fortune Cafe (A Tangerine Street Romance)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: California Dreamin' Collection
  • Spring in Hyde Park
  • Christmas Kisses (Echo Ridge Romance, #1)
  • All I Want
  • Mail Order Bride Collection: A Timeless Romance Anthology
Check out my awesome book trailers!
My Unfair Godmother:
My Fair Godmother: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up1jF8...
Just One Wish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP1Nce...
My Double Life

Janette Rallison has five children who keep her well supplied with plot ideas, sometimes even making cameo appearances in her novels. She
More about Janette Rallison...

A Timeless Romance Anthology (3 books)
  • Mail Order Bride Collection: A Timeless Romance Anthology
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Road Trip Collection
  • Blind Date Collection (A Timeless Romance Anthology Book 18)