Start by marking “Murder of a Real Bad Boy (A Scumble River Mystery, #8)” as Want to Read:
Murder of a Real Bad Boy (A Scumble River Mystery, #8)

Murder of a Real Bad Boy (A Scumble River Mystery #8)

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  865 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Still recovering from breaking up with her boyfriend and alienating half the people in town, Skye Denison has sworn off men—but she hires sexy contractor Beau Hamilton to renovate the old house she inherited. After all, who can ignore his qualifications? Golden hair, bronzed chest, muscular thighs—he’s just too good to be true.Sure enough, he has a reputation for conning t ...more
Published August 1st 2006 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Murder of a Real Bad Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder of a Real Bad Boy

Edel
May 20, 2014 Edel rated it it was amazing
This is book eight in the Scumble River mystery series by Denise Swanson. Scumble River is a fictional town and here lies plenty of adventure and secrets. In this book Skye Denison(school Psychologist) hires hunky bad boy Beau Hamilton to do some construction work on her house but this bad boy has a bit of a reputation and it was not long before Skye had to start looking for another contractor.

Poor Skye is really having a heard time in this book with her love life and there seems to be somethin
Lindsey
May 02, 2015 Lindsey rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
Yet again, Skye has gotten herself into trouble. By acting like a 15 year old. What a surprise.

Scumble River must be the murder capital of the midwest, and who knows how that happened. Once again, a body drops on Skye's doorstop. Not only that, but the poor girl must deal with having to find alternate ways home from work to avoid her ex-boyfriend. And the hottie contractor she hired was ripping her off.

Skye can do anything she wants and be indignant when people get mad (she barged in on her brot
Anastasia
Dec 05, 2014 Anastasia rated it really liked it
Murder of a Real Bad Boy by Denise Swanson is the 8th book in A Scumble River Mystery series. Skye finds her housing repair contractor, Beau Hamilton murdered on coming home one day and continuing break ins to her house, get her involved in solving the murder. I love this series and this book is a great addition. The mystery itself is a bit weak and Skye stumbles across the murderer rather than solving the crime.Her relationships are focused on more than the crime and I wish she would just go wi ...more
Jenn
Aug 24, 2012 Jenn rated it liked it
I'm finally caught up. I've read these all out of order and this is my last one. If possible, Skye was even less intelligent here than she's been in other books. I just...I just wanted to hit her.

"Hi. I know you don't know me, but your lawyer friend says I should fix up your house for you. Go ahead and look around your house with me, all by yourself, with no protection, alone without even confirming with your friend that I'm legit. Ooh! And then let me change your lock for you! I know you've bee
Vicky
Sep 19, 2009 Vicky rated it it was ok
Oooooohhhh! A "real bad boy" is defined as a male that rides a motorcycle? OK. How can Skye be seen as the murder solving sleuth the town knows her as when she is a person who constantly backs down from any confrontation? The police are trained and skilled in solving crimes but in every book they have "missed the mark" with such blatant in-your-face clues.

Once again, I purchased the Scumble River books as a set and vow to get through them but I have to voice my disgust with the writing attempt
Joanna
Oct 31, 2007 Joanna rated it it was ok
This series is so bland and repetetive, I spent a good chunk of time wondering if I had already read this one. Why do I bother? And yet by the end I am invested in the "mystery of the week" enough to forgive lovely Skye for repeating herself, verbatim, book after book. I want to like her and her friends, I really do. It's just that she explains herself so thoroughly and with such a superior yet sniveling manner that I just want to shake her editor. Plus it's great for when you are zonked on the ...more
Sheri
May 03, 2011 Sheri rated it really liked it
Murder of a Real Bad Boy (Scumble River Mystery, #8)Denise Swanson

Skye is trying to settle into her newly inherited house. She hires a contractor to come and make repairs. Soon he ends up dead. In her investigations she finds he has slighted a lot of people. The suspect list is growing. Skye is on the scene to solve this crime.

Fast paced, light read. I liked hearing more about Bunny, and I am trying to get used to Skye in her new relationship. The same fun characters are back. I look forward to
Natasha
Apr 25, 2014 Natasha rated it it was ok
It just didn't hold my attention the way the others have.
Georgiann Hennelly
Aug 29, 2011 Georgiann Hennelly rated it really liked it
Skye is still recovering from breaking up with her boyfriend and half the town has alienated her. She has sworn off men- but she hires Beau Hamilton a sexy contractor to renovate the old house she has just inherited.He's to good to be true. Sure enough he has a reputation for conning the ladies. But before Skye can fire him, he turns up dead. But even bad boys deserve justice, Skye has more to juggle than a cagey brother with a secret, a possibly haunted house and a passionate police chief, she, ...more
Amber
Dec 31, 2014 Amber rated it it was amazing
Great myster; steamy, budding romance.
Fairlee Corkran
Jul 31, 2014 Fairlee Corkran rated it really liked it
Shelves: wheel-a-thon
loved this one
Rebecca
May 17, 2008 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. God. Wally is SO hot! AH! I've always like Wally better than Simon and to have this be so teasing and hot at the same time.

Hahaha. Half the time I was just as frustrated as Skye when she didn't get into Wally's pants.

A very good conclusion to that stupid Sheriff storyline, and Loretta is making a permanent impression, sweet.

Vince, as adorable and hot as ever.

How can Skye breath with all that testosterone?

Loved it!
Debbie
Oct 21, 2008 Debbie rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Scumble Creek mystery fans
Recommended to Debbie by: friend at work
Shelves: mystery
Another murder in small town America, this time a no-good blackmailing contractor. It's just another day in Scumble Creek and Skye the high school counselor is on the case and up to the same old tricks. This is the second book I have read in this series and it seems like I have read it all before. I don't think I was entertained enough to pick up another book by this author again.
Julie P
Jan 04, 2011 Julie P rated it liked it
I'm still moving along in the series, and while I do appreciate the character development, the mystery part of the story is getting buried by this very aspect. This does not mean that I do not like this book; I do like it, and I will continue to read the series. Swanson has done a lot to soften Skye's strident image since the first book, making her a much more sympathetic protagonist.
Angela Porter
Sep 19, 2013 Angela Porter rated it it was amazing
I have to say this is my favorite by Denise! I literally could not put this one down. The whole time thinking one person did it. Then change who you think like two pages later. Feeling the fear the heroine was going through. Her sorrow of her missing cat. Yelling at the book saying "No don't go that way!" or "Watch out he is behind you!" I had my family thinking I had lost it.
Kelly
Aug 10, 2012 Kelly rated it liked it
This is a charming mystery series featuring school counselor Skye Denison. Add together an assortment of colorful characters and the remote location of Scumble River and you have a picture perfect backdrop for murder. Why? Because looks, whether physical or geographic, can be extremely deceiving.
Shannon
Feb 01, 2010 Shannon rated it really liked it
I have issues with this one...I do not want Skye and Wally together. Wally moved in WAY too fast. Also, I am tired of hearing about Skye being "fat" I am sorry but more than a size 12???? FAT???? Seriously. Not too sure if I want to keep reading but I have 3 books to go so who knows.
Linda
Feb 17, 2011 Linda rated it really liked it
Shelves: challenge
This is the best Scumble River book in a while. I'm not sure if I just liked the new direction that Skye's personal life was taking or what. The murder aspect was only so-so and I did figure out who did it a few steps ahead of Skye but overall I really enjoyed this book.
Carrie Donohue
Aug 16, 2015 Carrie Donohue rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books
I love this series and it's getting really annoying that I have to skip books in order to keep reading.,I am searching for Barbie and Ken and also Smart Cookie.... Otherwise Scumble River is one of my favorite places to visit. ;-)
Alice
Nov 05, 2013 Alice rated it it was ok
not interesting enough to continue with the series. Especially since this is beginning one for local library. Writing okay but pull between two lovers and interfering parents doesn't appeal.

Nancy Anderson
Jul 20, 2014 Nancy Anderson rated it it was amazing
Vince & Loretta r an item. Mae & Bunny lock trick Skye & Simon into a final talk. S & Wally
begin to date. Dulce & crew finish the house
Renovations.
Renée Mee

Cute series but very , very light reading. Great for rainy days when you just want to curl up with brainless entertaining fun whodunit.
Lorilee
Nov 02, 2015 Lorilee rated it liked it
This one was better than the last, I was worried that the series was going downhill. She better stick with Wally.
Michele
Jul 29, 2013 Michele rated it really liked it
I love this series...it gets better and better without going too far! (hasn't jumped the shark yet!)
Kimberly
Dec 17, 2010 Kimberly rated it liked it
these are growing on me a little more, still not crazy about the lead character Skye, though
Dawn
Feb 06, 2013 Dawn rated it really liked it
I loved this whole series. Small town school physiologist solves murders. Very funny quick read
Jerry Ramsey
May 30, 2015 Jerry Ramsey rated it liked it
The first Scumble River mystery I read. I liked it well enough to read the others.
Sarah Pickrel
Nov 12, 2008 Sarah Pickrel rated it really liked it
The earliest books in this series are certainly better, but still a "good read."
Jen
Dec 12, 2010 Jen rated it liked it
Ok book, although I felt like I was missing something.
JJ
Feb 02, 2009 JJ rated it it was ok
Feeling a little Nancy Drew like. At least it was short.
  • A Rose from the Dead (A Flower Shop Mysteries, #6)
  • Drop-Dead Blonde
  • Deadly Notions (A Southern Sewing Circle, #4)
  • Bitter Harvest (Orchard, #5)
  • Turkey Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #7)
  • Lead-Pipe Cinch (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #2)
  • Death on Heels (A Crime of Fashion Mystery #8)
  • Accessory to Murder (Josie Marcus, Mystery Shopper, #3)
  • Going, Going, Ganache (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #5)
Denise Swanson lives in Illinois with her husband, classical composer David Stybr and their cool black cat Boomerang.
More about Denise Swanson...

A Scumble River Mystery (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Murder of a Small-Town Honey (A Scumble River Mystery, #1)
  • Murder of a Sweet Old Lady (A Scumble River Mystery, #2)
  • Murder of a Sleeping Beauty (A Scumble River Mystery, #3)
  • Murder of a Snake in the Grass (A Scumble River Mystery, #4)
  • Murder of a Barbie and Ken (A Scumble River Mystery, #5)
  • Murder of a Pink Elephant (A Scumble River Mystery, #6)
  • Murder of a Smart Cookie (A Scumble River Mystery, #7)
  • Murder of a Botoxed Blonde (A Scumble River Mystery, #9)
  • Murder of a Chocolate-Covered Cherry (A Scumble River Mystery, #10)
  • Murder of a Royal Pain (A Scumble River Mystery, #11)