Fruits Basket 2 (Fruit Basket)

Fruits Basket 2 (Fruits Basket #2)

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  10,623 ratings  ·  246 reviews
Tooru vive junto a Yuki, kyo y Shigure Soma, que se transforman en animales del zodiaco chino cuando abrazan a una persona del sexo contrario. Dos parientes del trío, Momiji y Hatori, aparecen en el instituto el día del festival cultural. Hatori, quien tiene el poder de borrar la memoria de otros, invita a Tooru a acudir en secreto a la casa principal porque tiene que habl...more
Published 2004 by Norma Editorial (first published June 18th 1999)

Monica!
Y’all. I have spent my life laboring, apparently, under a huge sort of misconception.

You know how you go to Chinese restaurants and the menus have all the zodiac animals on it so you can see how you’re supposed to be behaving?

Those always drove me a little crazy. Because I am a Year of the Ox girl, and people born in the year of the ox are supposed to be patient, and hard-working, and calm, and shy, and good with money, and also good at, like, making things.

I am none of these things, friends.

So...more
Phoenix Reads
Yet another good volume of Fruits Basket! In this volume we are introduced to more characters and more depth of the Sohma family's life with the curse.

But here's a random question: why are Tohru and Yuki surrounded by little bubbles on the cover, but the rest of the characters aren't? Hmmm...

I really like Tohru's friends. They are both very interesting but I do think that the fact that Hana can read electric waves or use them is a bit random... however that even works.

But of course, Hana is st...more
Lynda
Feb 08, 2008 Lynda rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who love romantic comedy and morals.
Recommended to Lynda by: Thao Tran!
Ferdy
Spoilers

This was just as good as the first volume — it was perfectly weird and wonderful.

What's what: The Sohma family are possessed by the spirits of the Chinese zodiac, and if they're ever hugged by the opposite sex they transform into their zodiac animal. I still found the premise kind of wacky but in a good way. Tohru (the clumsy homeless heroine) quite literally stumbled onto their secret. She now lives in the Sohma house with three of the Sohma boys — good guy Yuki (rat), moody Kyo (cat),...more
Regan
Still fun! I am excited to finally get past where the anime ended!
Rain Misoa
Jun 08, 2011 Rain Misoa rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE! Shoujo fans, romantic lovers, and drama freaks!
Recommended to Rain by: Nicole Terazue
Shelves: manga
Yet another great volume of Fruits Basket. This volume is one of my favorites. It gets more indepth with the characters and their past lives. We even get introduced to two new, no, make that THREE new characters. Though we do see more of two than three... yeah... I usually don't make sense when I do my reviews but hey, unless you want spoilers, then don't complain! Anyway, I really love this volume. The drama in this one was way more intense than it was with the first volume and it's only going...more
Ape
Er... I actually think I might be too old for this. It's a little too teenager-kawaii!!! at times even for me. There are times when it starts to look as though it might be getting good and then it gets into the EEEE-so happy! again. I guess this is going to be an issue when it's a book mostly about Japanese teenagers. I've not read the first book, but it seems that highschool girl Tohru became an orphan and was taken in by a household of lads, the Sohmas. They're under a Chinese zodiac curse, so...more
Okie
Reading this series with my daughter, a reluctant reader with reading comprehension difficulties. Reading a Japanese manga can be a challenge, as you have to read it from back to front and from right page to left page, and the individual image boxes on each page you have to read right to left and up to down, as well. Quite a challenge.
I enjoyed the anime series, but I now think I prefer the manga. Since I found some possibly controversial content in a different manga our library has - Angel Dia...more
Allison
havent read it yet i want to freakin read it thow on the internet for free!!!! why cant any one just see that? i came to this website to read books 4 free but i cant and it dosent even have a freakin help bar!!!!! what the heck?!?! this is a retarded webstie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amy
Volume Two of Fruits Basket gets us a little deeper into the world of the Sohmas and their curse. There's a lot of foreshadowing here that something darker is going on. This volume introduces one of my favorite characters in the series, Hatori. (Who am I kidding, they're all my favorites.) Hatori's story is the first one that makes me cry (although I can usually get up to volume 6 before I have to bring out a full box of tissues).

We get to see how much Hanajima and Arisa feel like Tohru's famil...more
Carina
Hello Momiji and Hatori, two books down now and we have met 6 Zodiac members - Momiji is one of my favourite characters of this series, his interactions with Tohru in this book are just so cute!

I also think Hatori is well introduced, we go from seeing him as some sort of sinister figure (which seems to be Yukis opinion) to him being surprisingly king (thanks to Momiji), and finally... sort of pitiable but noble - and all in the one volume!

As with volume 1 my favourite story is the last one, thi...more
Sophia F
I can't believe what I just read. This series is so great, it makes me want my eyes to melt in its mercy. (Okay, maybe not really...) But this is amazing! Tohru's personality characteristics make me actually feel bad about myself, from her worrying about being bothersome to her friends and family, to the selfless act of giving up her own New Years, just so everyone else could enjoy theirs. Now THAT, is great character development.
Now, digging deeper into the actual manga itself, we meet a coupl...more
Rebecca
This volume starts out with Tohru’s two best friends coming over for a visit. I love that her friends are real friends that care for her well being, they want to make sure that she is being taken care of in the Sohma house. Which could be bad for the Sohmas as one of her friends is a bit psychic and they have that curse to keep secret.

At school they are all getting ready for a festival and that is were we get to meet two new Sohma’s who are also members of the Zodiac. Momiji, who has got to be t...more
Sabrina
I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SERIES!!!It's about a poor girl (Tohru) Gets taken in by the Sohma family. which the Sohma family has vengeful Chinese zodiac animal posses they Sohma family. ( they can be there selfs it's not like the spirits are controlling them) but every time they are touched by the opposite gender they turn into the zodiac animals. Shigure, turns into a dog (again they have control of their selves not the spirits) Kyo turn into a cat and something else but he keeps that a secret, and...more
Jen
Charlie
Fruits Basket is a 23 volume story about a teenage orphaned girl, Tohru Honda, and the Sohma family who take her in when they find her living in a tent in their woodland. The Sohma family are a little different however. They are under a curse and many of them turn into animals of the Chinese zodiac when held by a member of the opposite sex.

On the one hand, this is a teen angst/romance/drama, full of hurdles to cross on the road to true love. However, it is also an astrological who-done-it. What...more
Theresa ♫
Whoa :O All this happened in just volume 2?

(I thought it would be volume 6 when Hatori reveals his love story...T_T Silly me...)

ANYWAY, I apologize if this review looks like crap because I'm working on it through my phone...on the app. I like typing on keyboards more than touch screens *O* BUT ANYWAY...

SPOILERS ARE TO BE FOUND, PLEEEEEAAAAASE BE CAREFUL! (Seriously please...if you find spoilers, don't say I didn't warn you! TSK TSK TSK...)

One of my very favorite episodes/chapters in FURUBA is th...more
Nick
Overall Rating: A to the cute power
Synopsis: Fruits Basket is a shōjo manga series created by Natsuki Takaya that follows the life of Tohru Honda. When the series begins, Tohru is living in a tent in the woods after being recently orphaned when her mother died in a car accident. Somehow, Tohru is able to remain optimistic despite all the shit she has had to go through.

While wandering through the forest she's living in, she runs across the house of the Sohma family. As it happens, Tohru goes to
Alice
Mlle Alice, pouvez-vous nous raconter votre rencontre avec Fruits Basket?

"Après la lecture du tome 1 de Fruits Basket, qui fut un coup de coeur, je continue petit à petit ma découverte de cette série."

Dites-nous en un peu plus sur son histoire...

"A la fête culturelle du lycée, Tohru voit apparaître deux nouveaux membres de la famille Soma qui ne sont pas forcément très heureux de l'amitié de la jeune fille avec les garçons."

Mais que s'est-il exactement passé entre vous?

"Dans le tome 2, on en...more
Anna Rebecca
This second volume in the Fruits Basket series isn't as light as the first one. In this volume you begin to see the darkness that permeates the Sohma family and the battered relationships that further fracture this cursed family. This second volume also reveals a little more about Tohru. In this volume it becomes apparent that even Tohru isn’t as happy as she seems.

We also meet Momiji and Hatori in this book. Momiji seems to be a lot like Tohru. He’s very happy, maybe even a little ditzy, but so...more
Heather
The orphan girl Tohru's new friends in the Sohma clan are cursed to transform into the animals of the Chinese zodiac. She hasn't met them all yet, but she will... the question is, will she save them from their curse with the pure power of her love? Hahaha, I stand by my comment on the first volume that Tohru is Jesus. Either that, or it's kind of a Beauty and the Beast story, which is one of my favorite fairy tales. Any story about the transformative power of love will usually attract a wide fol...more
Ashley
Christina Marotti
Title fruit basket vol , 2
Pages 200
Rating 4 out of 5
SummaryThe enigmatic Sohma family shares a great secret -- they are possessed by spirits of the Chinese Zodiac, and when they are hugged by members of the opposite sex, they transform into their Zodiac animal! Tohru Honda, an orphaned high school freshman, is given lodging in the Sohma household in exchange for taking care of household chores. The humble Tohru is quite grateful for the Sohma family's generosity, but the lnger she stays with the...more
Katia
Dans ce deuxième tome de la série, le lecteur entre un peu plus dans l’intimité de la famille Soma, en même temps que Tohru puisqu’elle vit avec eux.

On apprend que Shiguré est écrivain, ce qui le rend d’autant plus attachant aux yeux de Tohru, qui respecte beaucoup cette profession.

La haine qui existe entre Kyô et Yuki nous est un peu éclaircie, elle s’explique parce que les deux garçons sont avant tout jaloux l’un de l’autre. Ils ne communiquent presque pas, ce qui les empêche de s’expliquer et...more
abatage
This volume was okay and merely continued the story from the first, without anything incredible happening. I'm not sure why this series is so popular... maybe a lot of people enjoy the fact that the writing and the art is trying as hard as it can to be "cute" and adorable. Unfortunately it just ends up trying too hard for my liking, but thankfully it manages to remain entertaining.

It's pretty much standard throughout - even the art can't get away from the generic manga style, despite the effort....more
Nicole (Reading Books With Coffee)
I loved it! One really cool thing about this series is that starting with this volume, there’s a short description of each of the characters at the beginning of the book. The character list gets longer as we get introduced to more characters, plus there’s a page devoted to the story so far. Also cool is the fact that there’s instructions on how to Play Rich Man, Poor Man, which is mentioned a few times in volume 1, info about the year of the rat, fan art, and a sound effect index.

So, I really li...more
I have no idea how, but this was even worse than the first volume! Thirty pages into it I almost put it down, but I forced myself to finish it, and let me tell you, I'm sorry that I even picked it up. The writing is so atrocious I don't even know how anyone likes this. The characters are all annoying except for the cat, who's only fun because he's the only character that I don't feel like choking with a fork. Rather, I think he wants to choke everyone in this manga with a fork, which is the reas...more
Elise
3.5 / 5 stars
This review is also posted at http://readingnookandcranny.blogspot....

The second volume in the series dives a little deeper into the Sohma family. With New Years approaching, the Sohma family is preparing for the biggest event of the year. Meanwhile, Tohru meets a few more members of the family - Momiji and Hatori. And even gets a glimpse at the elusive Akito.

Family tensions start to heat up when Kyo and Yuki decide to skip the annual New Years celebration in favor of keeping Tohru...more
Sara
I loved this volume of fruits basket! Its my favorite volume so far! Mainly thats because of (view spoiler) I found it especially funny when Tohru first meets him! Its also really funny that (view spoiler)
Roleplay Central~: Cody's House 130 17 Jan 20, 2013 12:32PM
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 09
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 5  (Hana-Kimi, #5)
  • D.N.Angel, Vol. 2 (D.N.Angel, #2)
  • Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 5 (Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE #5)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 08 (Vampire Knight, #8)
Natsuki Takaya (高屋 奈月 Takaya Natsuki, real name Naka Hatake) is the penname of a Japanese manga artist best-known for creating the series Fruits Basket. She was born on July 7, 1973; (Tanabata). Takaya is left-handed and once revealed that she wanted to be a mangaka since first grade, when her sister started drawing.

She was born in Shizuoka, Japan, but was raised in Tokyo, where she made her debu...more
More about Natsuki Takaya...
Fruits Basket, Volume 01 Fruits Basket, Volume 07 Fruits Basket, Volume 04 Fruits Basket, Volume 03 Fruits Basket, Volume 14

“Sometimes it feels like the whole world is conspiring to destroy my house... "
- Shigure Sohma”
250 likes
“When did you become a woman?"-Hatori
How dare you ask that after you have seen me naked so many times..."-Yuki
GASP! No it cant be! Yuki-kun, does that mean..." fan club girls
NO! He's my doctor..."Yuki”
102 likes