Start by marking “If I Forget You” as Want to Read:
If I Forget You

If I Forget You

"Beautiful prose, interesting characters, and sizzling romance make this book simply unforgettable. I adored it." ~ Kasie West, author of The Distance Between Us

"Avery may have a bad memory, but I will never forget this book." ~ Natalie Whipple, author of The House of Ivy & Sorrow

"Achingly sweet and beautiful, If I Forget You stole my romantic reader heart." ~ Cassie M
Published May 2014 by MDA Books (first published April 29th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about If I Forget You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If I Forget You

Buonaraya
Dec 22, 2014 Buonaraya added it
Shelves: dnf
Um. I kept waiting for this to become cute, my interest fueled by Kasie West's recommendation. But I feel no sympathy for the forgetful Avery. A kind-hearted lovable and equally forgetful Dory she isn't. I don't like her aunt, who has held a grudge against her mom for 20 years. And I distrust the author for fooling me into thinking she might become friends again with her ex-BFF Tam. Tam's eyes softened! Of course I thought she was a kindred spirit. Talk about mixed signals. And it bugs me when ...more
Katie
Okay, this book needs a new description that lets you know that it suddenly becomes dramatic and trigger warning for (view spoiler).

I picked it up because I liked the description of it. I'm forgetful, too, and could totally imagine myself thinking three guys were just one guy. (When I first started watching Friends, I couldn't tell Joey and Chandler apart for a long time.) And I like the eventual love interest. And it turned out to be set in Seattle, so that's fun.

But then a
Kim
May 22, 2014 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book tore at my heart and is filled with emotion. I really enjoyed watching Avery experience her life and face her challenges.
Nazeema
Nov 15, 2014 Nazeema rated it it was ok
Hold the F*Bleep* back up. Did I just spend time reading this book for that ending. WHAT THE *BLEEEEEP*.
Jan 04, 2015 Jennifer rated it liked it
I liked it and cried a bit. But I thought the story got a bit out there towards the end and the ending was a but too open for my tastes.
Jessica Bell
Jul 04, 2014 Jessica Bell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a lovely little book. Okay, it’s not “little,” but the content made me feel like it is a child that needs nurturing.

The main character, Avery, a very forgetful young adult, is adorable. Though I could not really identify with her, I was able to imagine how I might have if I was in her shoes.

I’ve noticed some people have said in their reviews that she was an unlikable character. I think that is going too far. Sure, she was whiny, but that was the point. She was living a life in which she had
Jessica
Jun 14, 2014 Jessica rated it it was ok
The story had such promise but I felt like I was just going through the motions reading it. Too much happened, too much drama and still the characters did not evolve at all. Avery was really unlikable and so selfcentered. Whiney and just that kind of heroine I have a problem dealing with. So no this was not for me.
The Metal Serge
Aug 03, 2015 The Metal Serge rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I wish I could forget or recover the time I spend reading this back.

I have learn to say nothing if it's talking bad about something and these is the case. I spend almost a year trying to finish these book because it was, in lack of a nicer word, boring.
Jessica Martin
Apr 08, 2015 Jessica Martin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story

I liked the story. Definitely different than anything I've ever read before. However I wasn't a fan of abrupt ending.
Aija
Aija rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2014
Claire (Cem)
Claire (Cem) rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2014
Anita
Anita rated it it was ok
Jun 13, 2014
Tash
Tash rated it it was ok
Jul 15, 2016
Christina s
Christina s rated it did not like it
Sep 11, 2014
Sara L.
Sara L. rated it it was ok
Jun 27, 2014
Daniela
Daniela rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2015
mreskid
mreskid rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2014
Alexis
Alexis rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2014
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was ok
Jan 06, 2015
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it it was ok
Sep 17, 2014
Mariah
Mariah rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2015
Melissa Mccauley
Melissa Mccauley rated it did not like it
Dec 30, 2014
Shelli
Dec 07, 2014 Shelli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heart Breaking, First Love, Loss, Amazing and a must read
Kate Larkindale
Kate Larkindale rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2014
Sandra Pedersen
Sandra Pedersen rated it it was ok
Aug 01, 2014
Nikki
Nikki rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2015
Cindy Peterson
Cindy Peterson rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2014
Devika
Devika rated it did not like it
May 04, 2016
Jennavier
May 12, 2015 Jennavier marked it as read-sample-and-passed
I've enjoyed this author before but If I Forget You did nothing for me.
  • Fish Out of Water
  • More than a Moment
  • Wilfair
  • Feral Youth
  • Dr. Matt's Plan: Living Longer and Healthier
  • The Woman of Her Enemy's Nightmares (The Woman of the Billionaire's Dreams, #2)
  • Glimpse of Sunlight (Jonathan Dickinson Odyssey, #1)
  • Quicksilver to Gold (Gold Rush, #2)
  • Not Authorized (The Jake Littleton Series #2)
  • Weekend Lover
  • Mummy's the Word
  • Set Me Free (A Fugitive #2)
  • The Trouble With Toads (The Secret Stepsister Society, #1)
  • Birth Marked (The Markers, #1)
  • Greetings From My Sandy Dreams
  • The Secret Sock Club
  • Witch Hunt: History of a Persecution
  • Plantation Nation
Michelle lives and writes in Utah, surrounded by the Rocky Mountains. She adores cheese, chocolate, sushi, and lots of ethnic food, and loves to read and write books in the time she grabs between her sword-wielding husband and energetic daughter. She believes a simple life is the best life. Michelle writes contemporary Young Adult and New Adult fiction (and other genres when she feels up to it).
More about Michelle D. Argyle...