Start by marking “The Risk (Wagered Hearts, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Risk (Wagered Hearts, #2)

The Risk (Wagered Hearts #2)

Can you trust your heart when it's always led you down the wrong path?
Mel Abelgard’s life is in the dumps. Her job working for her demanding mother is a nightmare, her boyfriend of over a year has broken up with her, and her life is stuck on standstill.

When her best friend announces her engagement, Mel is happy to be the maid of honor. A wedding might just be the thing t
Published April 18th 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Risk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Risk

Kaycee Sapinoso

I don't know what to say. Don't get me wrong, it was good and I think the story really has potential. I enjoyed Mel and Ryan's character. I enjoyed reading their story but not as much as I enjoyed the first book. There are times I felt that Ryan and Mel didn't have any chemistry. As if the author just forced them to be together just for the sake of giving Mel her own happy ending after helping Roman and Lily to have theirs.

And what I really don't like was the fact that there's no direct confessi
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
The Risk: A Billionaire Romance ( Wagered Hearts Series Book 2)

The love story of Ryan and Mel. Mel's world was turn upside down when her boyfriend of a year say he want out, so she to to work for her mother and her life became work. Ryan is Roman's best friend and at his and Lily' s engagements party he meet Mal. Can two broken heart find love? You love it.
Deborah
May 07, 2014 Deborah rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book it was very interesting and entertaining. It is cute and witty and a fun read. The storyline was easy to follow and the characters flowed well together.

Mel Abelgard is 27yrs old and has been in a relationship with her boyfriend Chad for a year. One night, he tells her that he doesn't want to be tied down anymore and that he is moving across the country to Dubai. Mel is devastated and quits her job and goes to work for her mother as Junior Assistant at Chère, a fashion an
Heather andrews
May 03, 2014 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
Mel is a saucy little thing, "no thanks. I'm a real piece of work. You'd be wasting your time with me. Why don't you go back to your little fan club? I'm sure they'd appreciate your company more than I do." A drunk Mel is a really fun, naughty Mel, "God, Mel, you're a little firecracker," he said. I didn't respond, instead running one hand down his chest and down the ridged muscles of his abs. I heard him suck in a breath as I reached down between us further and ran my hand over the hard bulge ...more
April
Sep 18, 2015 April rated it liked it
there was little to no romance in this book. He didn't send flowers, candy, small gifts that would make her think of him when she looked at them, it was dull in that sense, there was not wooing or conversation that showed he was interested. There were a lot of gaps you needed to fill in and parts of this seemed to drag on and not much going on during different parts of the book. It was a cute story but it needed to have more content and romance. To bad, I really enjoyed the first book in the ...more
Denise Smithson
Jan 27, 2015 Denise Smithson rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

This was a great second book for this series and I love the fact that each book can be a standalone. This book was about Mel and Ryan and let's just say I loved their story.
Kerri Blair
May 08, 2014 Kerri Blair rated it liked it
I didn't like this book. I liked the wager but there was something about this boom that just didn't capture my attention. I didn't really feel like Ryan and Mel had chemistry and it felt like it dragged.
Holly Bargo
May 05, 2014 Holly Bargo rated it liked it
Melodramatic

Was I so melodramatic and prone to misunderstanding in my distant 20s? I hope not. Anyway, the story isn't terrible, but it's not all that original either.
Sharon Dunn
May 04, 2014 Sharon Dunn rated it it was amazing
If you like Kristen Proby and Sawyer Bennett books then you will love this series! I am hooked! Calista Kyle is an awesome writer and these stories just proves it! Love them!
Dena
May 06, 2015 Dena rated it really liked it
The reading was great, loved the plot of the story. I wished there was more to this story. I wanted complete closure. It's a whirlwind romance to read
Adriana Dascalu
Adriana Dascalu rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2014
Indra Cezont
Indra Cezont rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Tara
Tara rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2015
Laura Bartels
Laura Bartels rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2015
David O'Neil
David O'Neil rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2016
Oanh
Oanh rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2014
Jessica xique
Jessica xique rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2015
Iris M. de Leon-Wade
Iris M. de Leon-Wade rated it really liked it
May 08, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2015
Teresa Thackrah
Teresa Thackrah rated it it was ok
May 10, 2014
Kelli
Kelli rated it it was ok
May 06, 2014
Kera Montgomery
Kera Montgomery rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Marlene
Marlene rated it it was ok
Feb 06, 2015
Nancy Quesada
Nancy Quesada rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2015
lynette anderson
lynette anderson rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2015
Tracey
Tracey rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2015
Sommar Jaynes
Sommar Jaynes rated it liked it
May 11, 2014
Trinity Reznor
Trinity Reznor rated it liked it
May 17, 2016
Jana
Jana rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Reckless Curves
  • Pen Point (Love Invested, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Kiss (Scandal, Inc, #2)
  • The Woman of Her Adversary's Desires (The Woman of the Billionaire's Dreams, #3)
  • Brides and Betrayal (Reconciled and Redeemed)
  • Picture Perfect (The Wilsons, #2)
  • A Love For Keeps
  • Love's Image
  • A Family For Christmas (Treasures Of The Rockies, #2)
  • The Long Hot Summer (Billionaire Season, #1)
  • A Fresh Start
  • Seduced (The Billionaire's Command, #1)
  • Hearts Crossing (Woodland Church, #1)
  • Gifts of Life (The Gift Series)
  • Simplicity
  • Who Wants to Marry a Billionaire?
  • A Chance at Love (Ferry Creek, #1)
  • The Plan (The Shamed Billionaire, #1)
Calista Kyle started her career as a journalist and finally made the leap to writing fiction. A true romantic at heart, Calista loves not only writing but reading romances. When she's not busy thinking up and typing away at her next novel, you can find Calista swimming or kayaking by the lake near her home in Maine with her husband and dog Bo.
More about Calista Kyle...

Wagered Hearts (4 books)
  • The Wager (Wagered Hearts, #1)
  • The Game  (Wagered Hearts, #3)
  • The Player (Wagered Hearts, #4)