Start by marking “Snarl (Kate Redman Mysteries, #4)” as Want to Read:
Snarl (Kate Redman Mysteries, #4)

Snarl (Kate Redman Mysteries #4)

A research laboratory opens on the outskirts of the West Country town of Abbeyford, bringing with it new people, jobs, prosperity and publicity to the area – as well as a mob of protestors and animal rights activists. The team at Abbeyford police station take this new level of civil disorder in their stride – until a fatal car bombing of one of the laboratory’s head ...more
Published April 10th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Snarl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snarl

Carlin
Oct 31, 2016 Carlin rated it it was amazing
I just can't get enough of Celina Grace's Kate Redman mystery series. This is the 8th one I've read, in no particular order, and is every bit as good as the others. In this book, #4, Kate is returning to work after a serious job-related injury. She is a detective on the Abbeyford Police Homicide Squad somewhere in southwest England. One of the partners in a medical research facility is murdered, along with his bodyguard, and his wife is seriously injured in the assault; and suspicion immediately ...more
Molly
Oct 30, 2016 Molly rated it it was amazing
This woman is so incredibly talented that I can see her being talked about in the same breath as Mary Higgins Clark, Elizabeth George, Lynda La Plante and other giants of the Mystery genre. It’s a shame that she isn’t able to get her books published by a main stream publishing company and has to self publish. Her books and, more importantly, her TALENT, deserve a much wider audience.

Read this book. You won't regret it. Then read all of her other books. You won't regret doing that either.
Leslie
Oct 31, 2016 Leslie rated it really liked it
Shelves: cops, technology, mystery
This is the fourth book in the Kate Redman series. This one is set as DS Redman returns to work following a six month recovery from a stabbing. The author does a wonderful job of showing how Kate is awkward and uncomfortable and feels like her job has passed her by. As well as how exhausted and somewhat overwhelmed she feels.

But it leaves the reader feeling the same way, like we are always playing catch up and wondering if the right questions were asked. The plot is quite convoluted with the mot
Bob
Nov 01, 2016 Bob rated it it was ok
I have read another book in this series, and in my review i called in forgettable. I should have taken that as a clue not to read any more. This book was less than memorable as well, and on top of that it was poorly thought out and executed. The ending was surprising only in that it ended so abruptly. Kate Redman, the lead character in these books, will have to solve the rest of her mysteries without me.
Jillian Higham
Dec 02, 2016 Jillian Higham rated it really liked it
Good

Kate is back after recuperating from her knife wound and lots of things have changed. Olbeck is now her DI, Theo is a DS the same as her and worst of all someone is sitting at her desk. Her discomfort is very believable, especially with the very keen boyfriend who is not quite right. The action is fast paced as usual.
Harry Lane
Nov 20, 2016 Harry Lane rated it liked it
English police procedural. Kate is back at work for the first time after recovering from an attack, and is immediately part of an investigation into a car bombing. The police characters are pretty well fleshed out, but the others seem a bit gauzy. The plot is ingenious and the sequence of events rolls along at a good pace.
dollie ledford
Oct 29, 2016 dollie ledford rated it it was amazing
Great read

A fast paced story. I couldn't put this one Down. It grabbed me right from the first few pages. Well written and keeps you guessing from the first to last chapter . I will recommend to my sisters and daughter.
Linda Cathorall
Nov 05, 2016 Linda Cathorall rated it really liked it
Nice murder mystery

I enjoyed this book as much as the rest of the Kate Redman stories. It contains well-developed characters in an interesting plot. It does have some sex and violence.
Celeste
Nov 08, 2016 Celeste rated it really liked it
Four stars

This is turning into an excellent series. There is sufficient drama, interesting characters, tight plotting and, fairly good writing. A few too many typos for my taste, but they really don't detract from the excellent story. Enjoy.
Joyce McKune
Nov 07, 2016 Joyce McKune rated it liked it
Interesting plot.

Kate is back after recovering from an injury. An undercover cop has been assigned her desk. He is to infiltrate a group of protesters at a medical research facility. Soon the murders start.
Helle Brown
Nov 06, 2016 Helle Brown rated it really liked it
Another Great Book

I really liked this book as I have liked her other books. Will definitely read more by this author and definitely recommend.
Bonny Millard
Oct 30, 2016 Bonny Millard rated it really liked it
Detective Stories Are For Me

I love trying to figure out who did it! Means, Motive and Opportunity, I call it "MOM". This is a fun who did it.
Linda
Nov 05, 2016 Linda rated it really liked it
Like the series

I enjoyed reading Snarl. The pace is good I like the character development. I plan to read others in the series.
Gayle Mills
Oct 30, 2016 Gayle Mills rated it did not like it

The story started out with a couple of murders..one being quite gruesome. The language started and that's where I stopped reading.
Sandra
Nov 27, 2016 Sandra rated it did not like it
Shelves: kobo-e-reader
Didn't really enjoy this one, but I did finish it, so yay me!
Janet
Nov 09, 2016 Janet rated it really liked it
very good
Ana Menendez-tuckman
Nov 26, 2016 Ana Menendez-tuckman rated it really liked it
Good plot and characters but wish that her books were not so short
Clint Dyches
May 09, 2015 Clint Dyches rated it liked it
I really can't believe that I have no read all six of the current Celina Grace Kate Redman series. It's hard to understand how, as much as I loathed the first book in the series that I even chose to read the second. The grammar, punctuation and plot flow of the first novel were atrocious. But things did improve by "Snarl" although there were still a plethora of nits to pick. Throughout the series, though diminished in number in this sixth Redman novel, Kate is far too often making "mental notes" ...more
Denise Zendel
Jun 11, 2015 Denise Zendel rated it it was amazing
Detective Seargeant Kate Redman is struggling to get back in the swing of things after a long stretch of sick leave from an on-the-job injury. Everyone is treating her like a delicate flower, and her partner and best friend Mark Olbeck, has been promoted above her, so it’s just awkwardness all the way around.

A research laboratory opens on the outskirts of the West Country town of Abbeyford, bringing jobs, prosperity, publicity and new people. Good for the area, but the “research” involves animal
Grammar*Kitten
May 28, 2014 Grammar*Kitten rated it really liked it
This was the first book of Celina Grace's I have read, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The author has a unique voice, and I particularly enjoyed the fact that it was a well-written British crime mystery; we don't seem to get as many of those as I'd like!

The plot was well thought out and the sub-plots wove nicely around the main action - which was plentiful - against the backdrop of a seemingly rurarl landscape (I it seemed quite 'Midsummer Murders' - but that is a compliment rather than a slight!)
Donna Byrnes
Apr 02, 2015 Donna Byrnes rated it really liked it
Celina Grace's Kate Redman series is a new find for me -- happily so. Redman is a detective sergeant and the plot lines center around murder cases, but there is a great deal more to Kate. As the books progress, we learn about her background, family, and her co-workers, all of which are carefully drawn and meaningful to the underlying stories. In addition to Kate herself, we meet and get to know her siblings -- all of whom figure in the plot, either directly or peripherally. In the interest of ...more
Cheryl Earle
Feb 14, 2016 Cheryl Earle rated it it was amazing
Scintillating reading yet again from Celina Grace - I am quite enamored with her character DS Kate Redman, & as an Australian find I can relate to U.K. crime novels much more than I do U.S. ones.
Snarl, Book 4 in the series, started out rather slowly with Kate returning after extended time off from the job due to wounding. The writing is so vivid that you can actually feel Kate's anguish at being "on the outside looking in" when she finds herself thrust in the deep end of a huge case on her f
Ronda
Aug 20, 2015 Ronda rated it really liked it
Another good Kate Redman book. I figured out what I like about this character. She seems more human than most characters in other series. She will be in the middle of questioning a witness then go off on a tangent in her head then snap back realizing that she missed what was being said. She also sometimes has bad thoughts about people then berates herself for having that thought - cracks me up. These two points remind me of myself sometimes.
Kimberly
Dec 27, 2015 Kimberly rated it liked it
Another good mystery and fast read. There are 8 in series so far. Can't help thinking it should be half that. They could be combined for longer books. Good writing and characters but mistakes in all the books on little things- a wrong name or day and timeline seems off due to bad or no editing. Still going to continue on to see what happens with Kate and the others next.
Elisa Hordon
Dec 20, 2015 Elisa Hordon rated it it was amazing
Number 4 in the Kate Redman series was full of action thrills and spills Kate is growing into herself she is a tough strong women with lots of hidden vulnerabilities that she hides well I am enjoying watching her character grown and change Kate is awesome and I really love her friendship with Mark they really do make best friends look easy at times lol
Lisa-Jaine
Nov 11, 2015 Lisa-Jaine rated it really liked it
I must admit on reading the blurb I thought this would be heavy and complex, but to my joy it was just as interesting as the previous Redman books. Kate is a more vulnerable than usual but that doesn't stop her throwing herself into this case. I love the way that just as you think its all dead ends a little thought or memory can bring up all the answers. I love Kate and Mark's friendship too.
Kim
Aug 18, 2015 Kim rated it really liked it
I really am enjoying this series! Compared to the first 3 books I found this one rushed and was a little unimpressed with the jolt of an ending, however it was still a good book and I look forward to the next one!
Michelle V
Jan 31, 2015 Michelle V rated it liked it
This ended rather abruptly with several loose strings. I'm hoping they are resolved in the next book.
Catherine  Matsubu
Jul 14, 2016 Catherine Matsubu rated it really liked it
Good story

I, again enjoyed reading book 4, of this series. I am looking forward to book 5, which I hope is available now
Debbie
Aug 16, 2015 Debbie rated it really liked it
Another good one

Stuart was a good addition to the cast of characters. I'm enjoying Kate's growth. Celina is a good, novel writer.
  • Gang Land (The McKays Book 4)
  • Isobel's Story (Swallowcliffe Hall)
  • Rack, Ruin and Murder
  • A Sandcastle Christmas (The Edge of Texas)
  • Cold Moon Dead (Esposito Mysteries, #4)
  • Chocolate Mousse Attack (Death by Chocolate)
  • Baby Girl (Memory House, #4)
  • Mad Dog and Annie (Sweet Home, Carolina, #5; MacNeill Brothers, #4)
  • A Taste of Sin (Sarah Woods Mystery #4)
  • The Riddle at Gipsy's Mile (Angela Marchmont Mystery #4)
  • Chase, the Bad Baby (Thaddeus Murfee Legal Thriller, #4)
  • Nightingales on Call (Nightingales #4)
  • The Dead Won't Sleep (Rosie Gilmour #1)
  • Seeds of Vengeance (Kendall O'Dell #4)
  • Friends in High Places (Kick Keswick, #4)
  • Grayson Brothers Series Boxed Set (4 books in 1)
  • Enter Evil (Claire Morgan, #4)
  • The Benevent Treasure (Miss Silver, #26)
I’ve been trying to get published as a writer since…. um… er…um…see, it was that long ago I can’t remember. A long time. I make it fifteen years and counting….

I’ve also been writing for as long as I can really remember. I wrote my first story, The Blue Ruby, when I was about seven (if I can find that deathless prose scribbled in an exercise book somewhere, I might upload it here for a bit of light
More about Celina Grace...

Kate Redman Mysteries (8 books)
  • Hushabye (Kate Redman Mysteries, #1)
  • Requiem (Kate Redman Mysteries, #2)
  • Imago (Kate Redman Mysteries, #3)
  • Chimera (Kate Redman Mysteries #5)
  • Echo: A Kate Redman Mystery (Kate Redman Mysteries, #6)
  • Creed (Kate Redman Mysteries, #7)
  • Sanctuary: A Kate Redman Mystery (Kate Redman Mysteries, #8)