Start by marking “Amara: The Rebirth” as Want to Read:
Amara: The Rebirth

Amara: The Rebirth

Legendary vampire, Emrys Amara, changes Matthew's destiny when he's thrown into a world of kidnap victims, werewolves, deceit, and the rebirth of the greatest vampire clan in history.

Matthew and his husband Dean are slayers, trying to end a chokehold Amara half-breed vampires put on Nottingham and kill the leader, Amdis. A diary supposedly written by legendary Emrys Amara
Published April 18th 2014 by MLR Press, LLC (first published April 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Amara, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amara

Cindi
My #1 Favorite Book of 2014.

Zathyn Priest stopped by On Top Down Under and discussed his art, his books and his writing process. You can find the interview here.

Full review can be found at -

photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png

I have been a huge fan of Zathyn Priest since I was first introduced to the LGBT genre. He was actually the first author whose work I read in it. I have since read everything he's written - more than once - and my love for his writing continues to grow with each new release. The Curtis Reincarnation is (and
Trisha Harrington
I love Zathyn Priest. No joke, I love him. He always writes amazing books that never fails to make me fall in love with the story and the characters. Amara: The Rebirth is no different. It's an amazing, funny and sweet book that has made me want to read more from this world and these characters.

I want to start off by saying there is no cheating in this book. Yes, Matthew is married, but it's not what people think. But, if I'm going to be honest, I would not have hated this book if Matthew had ch
Erica Pike
I just finished reading this book. I followed it while it was a blog serial, but the author took it down before it was finished people someone was trying to steal it. So, I was very excited to revisit the characters and read past the point that I'd read (which had been changed and polished). I was especially curious about who the fourth character was on the cover. Oh my gods, I laughed so much when that fourth character joined them.

For the longest time, Zathyn's One of Those Days was my favorit
Mtsnow13
Awwww. A VERY satisfying read! Wonderful twist on vampires and shifters, and I fell in love with the world-building. Highly recommended to lovers of fantasy and paranormal! Thank you for an excellent story, Zathyn! Looking forward to more *happy smile*
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

4.5 Stars

In 1773 a young boy leaves his home on a message and never returns. He is snatched from the streets by a member of the Massimo vampire clan and held captive, as a blood source and sex toy, for the next two years. As a bargaining chip for more land his ‘ownership’ is transferred to the Amara clan, a peaceful group of vampires who will love and cherish him, lead by Master Mihangel Amara.
The Amara clan prides itself on only ‘changing’ worthy and gentle human
Kinny
Wow, this has got to be Zathyn Priest's best yet. When he does eventually finish I hope he publishes it for e-book purchase. The graphics are beautiful and very detailed, the storyline magnificent. Perfect blend on drama, comedy, touching moments. It will rouse the entire spectrum of emotions which are mostly positive. I have yet to meet a Zathyn book I do not love.
Susan65
Apr 18, 2014 Susan65 rated it it was amazing
Why I’m always amazed at the superior storytelling by Zathyn Priest, I do not know. Some of my all-time favorite books are by this author, but, yet again, I find that his ability to breathe life into his characters, and make me really care about them, takes me by pleasant surprise. This book was no different. The prologue alone made me fall in love with Emrys Amara (nee Aled Tudor) but also broke my heart. His story is a difficult one, and his sadness lasts way too long. He does eventually get ...more
Deeze
I fell in love with the writings of Zathyn Priest back in 2012. When I saw Amara the Rebirth was finally available I was more than a little excited.

That excitement carried on for me as I read more and more of this Vampire story. I admit my Vampire reading is not great. I've read a few but none really stand out as anything new. This story however gave me so much more than the average Vamp read.

I was pulled into the story immediately. Hearing how Emerys came to be and all he endured up till meeti
Skye Blue
Jun 16, 2014 Skye Blue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good read.
I put this off for so long, thrown by the cover. IDK why it looked sci-fi to me.
But I am very glad I finally read this.
The story had me hooked right away.
There were to paces to this book. The first half was a little slower paced than the second half.
I enjoyed the first half, which was mostly the get to know you and fall in love section.
When the romance portion was starting to come together, I thought it was going to start wrapping up.
But that is were all the action started.
I like
Bookwatcher
It's very funny, and also VERY romantic (Amara and Matthew are a great couple!). Also original!
The only reason it's not a 5 stars for me is how juvenile it is. How Amara behave, and also another character (can't say his name, don't want to spoil something of the plot!). I like more mature characters, not how Amara is... I didn't enjoy much, the explanation of how he is a eternal teen because he was so young when he was turned... BUT that's my personal opinion, and I would certainly recommend it
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I'm a huge Zathyn Priest fan. Ever since reading Slayer's apprentice way back when. I even loved Liquid Glass which was half historical flashbacks, two things I normally hate and he made me love it.

That said I can't get excited for this book because the blurb does nothing for me. And I strongly dislike the cover. It seems like it's from a 90's computer game. All the faces look the same and are really vague with no real detail. And none of the hair works for me, it's just off when I look at it.
Erin
Apr 22, 2014 Erin rated it it was amazing
God I love Zathyn Priest! This book so didn't disappoint. I can't wait for more (especially Leo...hint hint!).
Alli
Apr 22, 2014 Alli rated it it was amazing
Loved this, a great story with some great new ideas about the origins of vampires. I am always a sucker for true mates
Bex
Apr 21, 2014 Bex rated it really liked it
#10wordreview #pedantalert

Remarkable take on vampires, wrapped in a marvelously written story.

So why not a 5 star? More of a 4.5, but British pedant in me had a couple of issues with the setting, pacing and language.

(view spoiler)

Rainbow Gold Reviews
Jul 13, 2014 Rainbow Gold Reviews rated it really liked it
Review by Tanja

4.5*

Ok lets get started :D This book begins with the diary of Emrys Amara and after that is told from Matthews point of view.

Matthew and Dean are vampire slayers and have been married for two years. They have a great reputation as slayers, because only a dead vampire is a good vampire. Well that changes as they receive the diary of Emrys Amara. Matthew, not believing that the diary could be real, goes with Dean to meet the mysterious person who sent it to them. They have a big sur
Evan
Oct 16, 2016 Evan rated it liked it
3 stars.

This novel features a love-at-first-sight romance between Matthew and Emrys. Don't worry about the cheating aspect of this story, as Matthew and Dean's marriage has long since ended and is only a marriage in name.

Emrys is extremely endearing, and readers will find themselves smiling at his antics. Priest handled the situation of his age (mental and physical) well, and although I did find myself originally disturbed by the idea of Emrys getting together with Matthew, I eventually grew to
James
Jun 13, 2014 James rated it it was amazing
Once again, WOW! Zathyn always manages to put the POP! BAM! into his creative creations. I was in the mood for an out-of-the-ordinary M/M vampire or shifter story and Mr. Priest delivered it hands down in his new release.

The story evolves in a natural, easy flowing style that quickly draws the reader in. Once inside, that's it, you're captured; but you don't care. In fact, you want to be there and are actually a bit disappointed when the story ends and you have to leave. But even then your exit
Anatheia
I loved it.

It's quite original and the writing is really good.
The prologue is beautifully written and you'll fall instantly in love with Emrys.
The characters are all different and interesting in their own way. Dean is the kind you'll love to hate. I wanted to cut his throat from the moment he opened his mouth.
The story is dark and mesmerizing. It's sweet, violent, funny and sometimes sad.

I highly recommend it. If you love a good paranormal romance don't even hesitate.
I can't wait for another
AquaScales
I love Zathyn's work. His characters are three dimensional and quirky and vulnerable. I had not read this one for a while as vampires are not my favorite genre --I think they get too dark and kill-y with not enough character and fun. This was very much not the case with this story. Yes, there are vampires and hunters and angst, but there is also a great family found story, silliness and satisfying story arc and resolution and smut, don't forget about the sex. The resolution and road to get there ...more
Caddy Rowland
Jul 29, 2014 Caddy Rowland rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. The author is a talented storyteller. His characters are ones you bond with and the story line is compelling. I also enjoyed his take on vampires and werewolves. I won this book and wasn't sure how I'd like it, as I don't normally read paranormal. However, it was written well enough to grab me and keep me interested through the end.

I would recommend this book to others. I have also read The Statue by the same author. He is one I will read more of.
Andrea
Apr 25, 2014 Andrea rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book but couldn't. Both main characters acted like teenagers. One of them was in a way since he was turned as a teenager but the other was an adult. Also, their love scenes were more like teenage girls than men. I did like the story, though - just wish the drama had been toned down a lot.
Sarabeth
May 06, 2015 Sarabeth rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-bookshelf
Nothing I love more than a good vampire story. This one sucked me in quick, with a little star-crossed lovers feel to it. Can't recall having read a vampire/hunter book before, this was exactly what I needed, even if it was a bit "insta-love" for my taste. I'll forgive it, because, it sucked me in. And I LOVE how this family developed. :)
Tj
Apr 18, 2014 Tj rated it really liked it
Shelves: have, read-2014
I enjoyed the story. The writer is very good. The way he describes the scene and explains the story is so good. I did think some of the plot line was a bit light but I thought the overall plot was interesting. I was drawn into the story and kept there by the author throughout. This was a fun story that is very heart warming.
Z. Allora
Jun 24, 2014 Z. Allora rated it it was amazing
I always adore reading a Zathyn Priest book because they are unique and I know never where he'll take me. The characters in this book simply draw you in and stay with you long after you finish the book. I highly recommend this book. Hugs, Z.
Bea
Oct 19, 2013 Bea rated it it was amazing
Me encanta Zathyn Priest. Siempre consigue engancharme. Tenía muchas ganas de leerme este libre y desde luego me ha encantado, como siempre. Espero que siga escribiendo, ya estoy deseando leer su próximo libro.
Blackrei
Apr 28, 2014 Blackrei rated it it was ok
the idea was rather good but I didn't like the writing style : too much purple prose for me
Olga
Jul 31, 2015 Olga rated it it was ok
:/ to much drama to much sap.... And the story was after 30% boring. I mean what kind of an hunter actually lays out his relationship problems to a vampire after one day they've met?
TheFountainPenDiva
Aug 18, 2013 TheFountainPenDiva marked it as book-boner
Because Zathyn Priest just rules, okay? If there's a kingdom of Dark Fantasy, Priest is definitely a Prince! Right now, Glen Cook and R.A. Salvatore (for Drizzt) are the Kings.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Vampire Prince (Paranormal Nobles, #1)
  • Cinder (Blood Nation, #2)
  • Soul Magic (Triad #3)
  • Winter Winds
  • Bloodline (Unnamed London PNR Series #2)
  • Soulless
  • Deadly Shades of Gold (Altered States, #2)
  • Reclamation (Dominion, #2)
  • Crying For The Moon
  • Immortality is the Suck (Adam & Peter, #1)
  • Origin of Darkness (Daeva, #2)
  • Cowboys & Vampires (Venom Valley #1)
  • Intercession
  • In Darkness Bound (The Society #1)
  • Bound By Blood (Soul Mates, #1)
  • With a Kiss
  • Not a Man (The Shuki Series, #1)
  • Nights In Canaan
Zathyn Priest is an Australian writer with severe vampiric tendencies. Absolutely convinced the sun could turn him to a pile of ash, Zathyn prefers to write under the cover of darkness. This serves two purposes, with the first being the afore mentioned sunlight danger, and the second being the fact that nighttime means no annoying phones ringing or people knocking at the door.

Zathyn has written t
More about Zathyn Priest...