Start by marking “Death by Chopsticks: Cheongsam Fashion Mysteries” as Want to Read:
Death by Chopsticks: Cheongsam Fashion Mysteries

Death by Chopsticks: Cheongsam Fashion Mysteries

Bloody pearls, a high society corpse, and chopsticks don’t usually go together. Harpeth Hollow’s, own vintage loving sleuth, Joy-Li Judson, is confidently on the case. When one of her personal shopping customers from Franklin’s Department Store is discovered murdered, Joy-Li springs into action.

Lesley Jane Cranemoore’s body is discovered on the eve of one of her posh, char
ebook
Published April 12th 2014 by Carly Carter

To ask other readers questions about Death by Chopsticks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death by Chopsticks

Melanie
Nov 19, 2014 Melanie rated it liked it
I love cozy mysteries and this one sounded like fun when I read the summary. I didn't end up liking it as much as I thought I would, though. I've read quite a few cozy mysteries and like the creative touches that a lot of authors in this genre have given their books which I felt were lacking in this one.

Let's start with what I didn't like: Joy-Li talks quite a bit about healthy Chinese food and how easy and delicious it is, but there wasn't one recipe in this book! I'm not looking for a recipe b
Joseph Phillips
Aug 29, 2014 Joseph Phillips rated it liked it
Having only just read the last two Cheongsam Fashion Mystery books, I already had a slight notion about what this one was going to be about.

Fashion and Murder!

(I also had a huge urge to read it… I really do like these books)

The plot is well thought out and good, it does remind me slightly of ‘Two Egg Rolls and a Side of Murder’ but I guess they’re both crime books and they will be slightly similar.

The thing I loved most about this plot is the twists and turns that will keep any reader intrigued
The Bookish Reader
Jul 05, 2015 The Bookish Reader rated it did not like it
A trilogy of crime fiction by the debut author Carly Carter. The heroine, Joy-Li Judson, solves the murder of the local society queen in her backyard. This is a light-hearted, humorous (kind of) and easy to read novel which focuses on Joy-Li's twin passions of fashion and crime.

I'm afraid, that's where the good news stops. I didn't enjoy this book at all. So much so, that I haven't read the other two in the series, The Mysterious Rice Bowl and Two Egg Rolls and a Side of Murder. I found the stor
Tg
Jul 26, 2016 Tg rated it it was ok
Unfortunately, this book had very shallow characters. The heroine was so badly written that for a short while I was rooting for the bad guys. Her motives in becoming a sort of a "hobby detective" are not really clear. The other characters are as shallow/badly written, and it had such a promise (I mean the name and the setting). I am giving it 2 stars and not 1 only because I feel for an inexperienced author who goes through non-traditional channels. However, investment in a good editor might ...more
Mariah Klein
Mar 01, 2015 Mariah Klein rated it did not like it
The story and main character were really appealing. Unfortunately there were so many typos-spelling mistakes, wrong words, missing words, repetitions-I couldn't finish the book. The fact that I got halfway through it before quitting is a tribute to the fact that this could be a good book with some basic copy editing.
Allison
Allison rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2015
Candace Davidson
Candace Davidson rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2014
Andrea Partee
Andrea Partee rated it did not like it
Jan 01, 2015
Leigh Hyett
Leigh Hyett rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2015
Priscilla
Priscilla marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Jana
Jana marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Deborah Carney
Deborah Carney marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Bobbi Cummings
Bobbi Cummings is currently reading it
Nov 18, 2014
Regina Butler
Regina Butler marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Shin'Ichi Iwamoto
Shin'Ichi Iwamoto marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Karen
Karen  marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Nancy Blacksmith
Nancy Blacksmith marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016