Start by marking “Rival's Challenge (The Chatsfield, #6)” as Want to Read:
Rival's Challenge (The Chatsfield, #6)

Rival's Challenge (The Chatsfield #6)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  21 reviews
When one night with a stranger becomes more...

On the eve of a business deal, nerves get the better of Orla Kennedy, and a drink with a handsome stranger ends in a night of passion she'll never forget! Only after does Orla discover that the man in question is Antonio Chatsfield--her rival!

Antonio never wanted to return to The Chatsfield, but his sister needs his help, so h
Published September 16th 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Rival's Challenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rival's Challenge

Alex is The Romance Fox

This is the 1st book in the Chatsfield series that I’ve read - I haven’t really felt drawn to it…. But Rival’s Challenge, being written by one of my favorite authors, was an immediate go for me. How could I go wrong?
Weaving a story of passion, fear, loss, family obligations, honor, trust and love, filled with some interesting and quirky characters that takes us into the glamorous and exciting world of luxury hotels and family secrets.
 photo home_img_zpsedd28711.jpg

Orla Kennedy, photo 2825cff23c46dca29710e239da5e55c6_zps9922eb16.jpg daughter of the Kennedy Hotel empire built by
Desere
Orla Kennedy is in control and always ensures everything goes her way, and most importantly she never takes risks. It's just not her style.

But on the eve of a business deal she's tired, stressed out and in desperate need of blowing off some steam, this leads her to sharing a drink with an attractive stranger and also a night of unbridled passion. It's the best night of her life and she'll never forget it.

But work looms on the horizon and she places the super hot memories in the back of her mind
Tishke
The only book in the series so far that was worth reading. There was tangible chemistry and some. There was a real story there and not just poorly constructed plot like in the rest of series so far. I enjoyed the setting and the relationship between the characters and with the hotel staff.
Jenny
Another promiscuous heroine another soft hero. I used to like this author so much...
Hsiau Wei
Orla is “reliable” person and she likes to think she is until she discover that the stranger that she spent a night with is her rival, Antonio Chatsfield. Orla’s family needs the Chatsfield’s backing to save her family’s business. The business is in dire needs of funds in order to prevent it from closing its door and Orla has sworn to save it. Antonio have his doubt that the night spent was a plan that Orla instigated to garner his support. As much as both of them wanting to put behind the passi ...more
Alexia
Orla Kennedy didn't realize that when she decided to have a drink with a stranger, and then a night of passion, that it would be the one man that she would ever meet again.

Antonio Chatsfield agreed to help his sister Lucilla repair the name of Chatsfield to the new CEO of the Chatsfield hotels.

Meeting Orla one night he didn't realize that she was the person he was supposed to do business with the next day since they both decided to have a night of passion but used their middle names when they m
Harlequin Books
"Green’s lust-at-first-sight to love story is sensational. Her charming, broken hero and determined heroine rule every page with their palpable sexual tension, lively repartee and viscerally carnal love scenes" (RT Book Reviews, 4 1/2 stars TOP PICK!).

Miniseries: The Chatsfield
Nicole
My review: 5 stars

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review via Netgalley

I greatly enjoyed this book. I love military stories, and Antonio being from the French Foreign Legion and having that history makes him so desirable. His commanding presence, his desire to do good for his estranged family, and his weakening defenses toward Orla make you love him and want to see the couple succeed. Orla is so easy to relate to in her desire to protect her family heritage, even though h
Harlequin Books
received 4 1/2 stars TOP PICK! @ RT Book Reviews
Miniseries: The Chatsfield
Ann C.
Rival's Challenge was a smooth, easy read. That alone was enjoyable, but it is a story with two great characters who held my attention from beginning to end. Great book!
Margaret Fisk
Originally published on Tales to Tide You Over

Abby Green offers an interesting installment in the Chatsfield series by pairing a man who is living up to his family obligations after running away from them for years with a woman who has given up everything for her family business. The conflict between the two is straightforward in that Antonio Chatsfield is charged with negotiating the purchase of Orla Kennedy’s father’s dream, a hotel empire he built up from practically nothing which is now shud
Artemis
'One more crack like that, Chatsfield, and you'll have to entertain yourself in your little hideaway.'

Antonio took her hand again and found himself feeling serious as he said, 'Not a chance. You're not escaping now.'

This little book packs a literary punch! Filled with plenty of passion, sparks, heart and a sigh worthy ending this book won't disappoint. You'll love the push and pull between Orla and Antonio as they both fight not to fall in love with each other and their back stories add more dep
Janet Rodman
Really enjoyed this story. Orla Kennedy spent her entire life running the family hotel business. After a one night stand with Antonio Chatsfield she begins to reconsider her priorities. Wonderful love story about a woman who comes to realize what she wants in life and the man who accepts her love to help him heal. I highly recommend this book.
Gentle
I received a copy of Rival's Challenge from Goodreads. I've never read any books by the author. Rival's Challenge was a short sweet read. Most of us in life struggle with our place in our own family's and in the world. A dynamic portrayed well in the story through the two main characters. A passionate tale told well.
Charlisa
Intense from beginning to end

This couple's chemistry literally jumped off the pages they both struggled with their role in their families but burnt up the pages with trying to fight their feelings for each other
Aisha
I don't care if she's virgin or not. There are not-virgin heroines that are memorable. Orla? I really can't put her on that group. Antonio is a teddy bear than an alpha male. Their chemistry is more sexual than anything else. It looks like they were desperate to mate. Romance between them?? I didn't saw it at all. That said, their story was good, but didn't killed me.

But the biggest problem here is the writing than the story in fact. 8 long --extremely long, IMO-- chapters that makes the reading
Jess
Competent business people who do not give up their goals for love! I may check out the rest of this series.
Elena
Like I mentioned before, the series is getting better and better.
Oliver Urban
description

I was given an ARC from the publisher via netgalley but I'm unable to continue reading as my Kobo's screen broke.
Xondra Day
* Copy via Goodreads First Reads *

I didn't feel this one at all. I thought the characters were cold and unlikable. I admit to skimming a bit since the story didn't keep me interested. It wasn't a good read for me.
Tigger
I know that all things must come to an end...
I think two more books in this series will be over
bitter sweet
Aree
Aree marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Minke
Minke marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Kristina Hammock
Kristina Hammock marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Lubabatu
Lubabatu marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Stephanie Antunes
Stephanie Antunes marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
  • Married for Amari's Heir
  • The Italian's Deal for I Do (Society Weddings #1)
  • An Invitation to Sin (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #2)
  • Prince Nadir's Secret Heir (One Night With Consequences, #7)
  • Rebel's Bargain (The Chatsfield, #7)
  • The Billionaire's Bridal Bargain (Bound by Gold #1)
  • Playboy's Lesson (The Chatsfield, #2)
  • Captured by the Sheikh (Rivals to the Crown of Kadar #1)
  • A Hint of Scandal
  • Heiress's Defiance (The Chatsfield, #8)
  • The Sicilian's Unexpected Duty (Irresistible Sicilians, #2)
  • Billionaire's Secret (The Chatsfield, #4)
  • Dealing Her Final Card (Princes Untamed, #1)
  • A Virgin for His Prize  (Ruthless Russians #2)
  • The Ultimate Playboy (21st Century Gentleman's Club #1)
  • Carrying the Greek's Heir (One Night With Consequences, #8)
Abby Green spent her teens reading Mills & Boon romances. She then spent many years working in the Film and TV industry as an Assistant Director. One day while standing outside an actor's trailer in the rain, she thought: "there has to be more than this". So she sent off a partial to Mills & Boon. After numerous rewrites, they accepted her first book and an author was born. She was nominat ...more
More about Abby Green...

The Chatsfield (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Sheikh's Scandal (The Chatsfield, #1)
  • Playboy's Lesson (The Chatsfield, #2)
  • Socialite's Gamble (The Chatsfield, #3)
  • Billionaire's Secret (The Chatsfield, #4)
  • Tycoon's Temptation (The Chatsfield, #5)
  • Rebel's Bargain (The Chatsfield, #7)
  • Heiress's Defiance (The Chatsfield, #8)
  • Sheikh's Desert Duty (The Chatsfield, #9)
  • Delucca's Marriage Contract (The Chatsfield, #10)
  • Princess's Secret Baby (The Chatsfield, #11)
Ruthlessly Bedded, Forcibly Wedded (Innocent Wives #2) The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1) The Virgin's Secret (Harlequin Presents, #2932) The Restless Billionaire (Bad Blood #3) Forgiven But Not Forgotten?

“I wanted to do this properly, but I look at you and I forget...” 0 likes
“One more crack like that, Chatsfield, and you'll have to entertain yourself in your little hideaway.'

Antonio took her hand again and found himself feeling serious as he said, 'Not a chance. You're not escaping now.”
0 likes