Start by marking “The Guy Next Door” as Want to Read:
The Guy Next Door

The Guy Next Door

From Friend to…Fiancé?

Stalwart and steady, Darcy O'Malley has been by Luke Jordan's side since childhood. She has seen him through trials and tragedies, romances and breakups. They've been everything to each other—except boyfriend and girlfriend. Why ruin a good thing? What Luke can't explain, however, is why suddenly Darcy's presence is making his heart beat so hard. Som
Published September 16th 2014 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Guy Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Guy Next Door

Lyn
Apr 03, 2015 Lyn rated it really liked it
Missy Tippens is a friend and her book is as sweet as she is.

Though at times I wanted to shake him, her hero Luke is cute and a good but maddeningly dense. But then aren't all of us sometimes? He has in his head THE WAY THINGS SHOULD BE. So he completely ignores THE WAY THINGS ARE.

Isn't that just like the guy next door? ;-)

Darcy, our heroine (the girl next door obviously) is not quite as clueless, but she too has her eyes on one thing--paying off her student loans. Tunnel vision. And a fixation
Connie
Oct 20, 2014 Connie rated it liked it
I was at the hospital desperate for something to read and a lady I was talking to said that this was a good, clean, quick read with a happy ending. I bought the book because I needed something to pass the time and I am happy I did. I loved the story. It was a Christian based romance which I didn't realize when I bought it. It was a quick read with a fun story. I wish I could go back and thank the woman for her help with finding a book in a little hospital gift shop to help me when I was feeling ...more
Lindi Peterson
I have yet to read a Missy Tippen's book I didn't LOVE. And this one in no exception. Missy has a way of making you feel like you live Appleton with Darcy and Luke. Missy draws the reader in emotionally and doesn't let go. The best friends to more-than-best-friends story is a favorite of mine and this story doesn't disappoint. Add in great secondary characters and you have a story you don't want to put down.
Janine
Nov 17, 2014 Janine rated it it was amazing
“The Guy Next Door” by Missy Tippens is a book that is full of family, friendship and that attraction between girl and guy that just makes a romantic, like myself, sigh with contentment. There is conflict, don't get me wrong, but this story almost felt as if I walked into the middle of something yet I didn't feel lost at all with how the story was told.

Here is a story where two people have been the closest and best of friends for so long that one of them is blinded by what is front of them. It
Kate Vale
Sep 06, 2014 Kate Vale rated it liked it
Shelves: contemp-romance
Growing up next to someone doesn't always mean love at first sight, and for Darcy O'Malley, being best friends with Luke Jordan means they'll never be more than friends. Especially when their widowed parents (her mom and his dad) now seem to be a couple only six months after Luke's mom's death. Then there's her need to pay off student loans and being too busy with two jobs and her volunteer work to have time to date. Luke is geared up to take over his retiring colleague's law practice, but it's ...more
Kav
Sep 17, 2014 Kav rated it it was amazing
I get such a kick out of friendship-to-romance stories. There's such a depth to the relationship because they know each other so well. And it ups the angst factor because I know how right the hero and heroine are for each other but they are so afraid of messing up their friendship they keep hesitating. And that's pure reading torture which, of course, makes me keep turning pages.

The Guy Next Door is that kind of read. Delicious torment from beginning to end. :-) Darcy lacks confidence where her
Lainie Adams
Nov 16, 2014 Lainie Adams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

I loved everything about this book...childhood friends...best friends their whole lives then wham things start to change between them in a great way. I loved the journey Luke and Darcy made. I loved their close friendship and loved it even more when they really became attracted to each other. it's a wonderful story with clean romance but one still hard to put down. Very enjoyable book!!!!
Kim Page
Oct 13, 2014 Kim Page rated it really liked it
My first Missy Tippens book and I must say that I am impressed with her writing. This is a wonderful girl is best friends with boy next door her whole life and they eventually develop feelings for each other. Set in a sweet small home town where everyone knows everyone and they all jump in to help each other...kind of a fairy tail sort of place but a nice thought. Love the banter between the two main characters and the secondary characters are great in bringing more interest in the story line.
Carla
Jan 10, 2016 Carla rated it it was amazing
I actually got this done in a day and half. I loved the story of Darcy and Luke. A very sweet romance about 2 people who are life long friends, but have been in love with each other for years and being afraid (even stubborn) to admit to themselves and each other because neither wants to ruin their friendship.
Bianca
Jan 12, 2015 Bianca rated it really liked it
I quite enjoyed this book. Its a friendship to love relationship and it was very well written. I enjoyed the characters and wanted to hit Luke upside the head several times! I read the book in 1 day and will check out other books from this author. You could relate to the emotional problems of the characters, which was nice and caused the story to seem real. Check it out!
Kara
Oct 08, 2014 Kara rated it it was amazing
Utterly delightful read! I couldn't believe it took Luke so long to realize his feelings and I felt like throwing something at him when he said the kiss was a mistake, but otherwise loved his character and everything else in this story :)
Harlequin Books
"This quick, easy read focuses on following one’s dreams and portrays characters’ struggles realistically" (RT Book Reviews, 4 stars).
Jennifer Rich
Jennifer Rich rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Lois S Roberts
Lois S Roberts rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2016
Lorelai Wilkinson
Lorelai Wilkinson rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2016
Amelia
Amelia rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2015
Laura rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2015
Kelli Metzger
Kelli Metzger rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2015
Tina
Tina rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2015
Ruthie
Ruthie rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2014
Lorna Thompson
Lorna Thompson rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Tanya
Tanya rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2015
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2015
Amanda Bailey
Amanda Bailey rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2014
Shannon Chamberlin
Shannon Chamberlin rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2015
Millennium Manna
Millennium Manna rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2016
Tya
Oct 08, 2015 Tya rated it it was amazing
Very swoony
Carissa
Carissa rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2015
Vince Mooney
Vince Mooney rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 18, 2015 04:07PM
  • Sugarplum Homecoming (Whisper Falls, #3)
  • The Boss's Bride (The Heart of Main Street, #3)
  • Second Chance in Dry Creek
  • Cozy Christmas
  • The Bachelor Baker (The Heart of Main Street, #2)
  • Steadfast Soldier (Love Inspired)
  • Meeting Mr. Right (Email Order Brides, #4)
  • Jingle Bell Romance (Holiday Harbor #2)
  • The Prodigal Comes Home (Mirror Lake, #3)
  • Charity House Courtship (Charity House, #5)
  • Healing Autumn's Heart (Claremont, Alabama, #2)
  • Love in Bloom (The Heart of Main Street, #1)
  • Home Sweet Home
  • Hometown Sweetheart
  • The Governess and Mr. Granville (The Parson's Daughters, #2)
  • Look-Alike Lawman (Texas Twins, #4)
  • Mistletoe Prayers (Bodine Family, #2.5)
  • Brides of the West: Josie's Wedding Dress\Last Minute Bride\Her Ideal Husband
I live in Georgia with my wonderful, supportive, pastor husband (my very own real life hero even though he's not too handy around the house). We have three perfect children. Well, maybe not perfect, but they're loving and fun and are God's greatest blessings. To add chaos to the household, we have two dogs and a cat.

I was a stay-at-home mom for 16 years, writing for about 10 of those years. I own
More about Missy Tippens...