Start by marking “The Shape of My Heart (2B Trilogy #3)” as Want to Read:
The Shape of My Heart  (2B Trilogy #3)

The Shape of My Heart (2B Trilogy #3)

Some people wait decades to meet their soul mate. Courtney Kaufman suspects she met hers in high school only to lose him at seventeen. Since then, Courtney's social life has been a series of meaningless encounters, though she's made a few close friends along the way. Especially her roommate Max Cooper, who oozes damaged bad-boy vibes from every pore.

Max knows about feelin
Published November 25th 2014 by Harlequin HQN

Glass
Third and final book new adult series, 2B Trilogy by Ann Aguirre, was a pleasant enough read and I believe that fans of this kind of books will be satisfied with story about Max and Courtney. One thing I have to admit is that I expected much more from this story.

Max. I was looking forward to reading his story because he was such a strange guy in previous two books. Mix of two completely opposed images - he is emotional and vulnerable young man, cuddly and sweet, but only in front of his roommat
Victoria
May 22, 2015 Victoria rated it really liked it
Recommended to Victoria by: ᴍɪᴄs *that kind of girl*

The impossible happened... I read and really liked a New Adult novel.
I might be biased but this book was good.

It mostly comes from the fact that Courtney, the main character and our narrator is basically me: Bisexual feminist independent mature non-virgin punk rocker honest college student.
I'm like, a lot of those things. So of course I was going to like her and identify with her.
She also has her shit together a 90% more than any other female in a romance book.

For a millisecond, I considered gi
AH
Initial Thoughts: I'm enjoying this series - it kind of brings back memories of that life before children, money, and "real" jobs. I loved watching the main characters Courtney and Max fall in love - they were just so cute together.

The Review:
New Adult done right. The characters are authentic; their angst and issues are realistic, AND there is a happily ever after.

In The Shape of My Heart, we meet Courtney Kaufman and Max Cooper, both of whom live with some sort of grief and guilt. Courtney su
Alyssa

Publisher: Harlequin HQN
Publication Date: November 25, 2014
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from NetGalley

***Warning: this book contains mature subject matter, and is for the eyes of mature readers***

Summary (from Goodreads):

Danielle (Love at First Page)
The Shape of My Heart is the third and final book in Ann Aguirre's 2B Trilogy, and, while still full of swoons, is ultimately my least favorite. I've been looking forward to reading Max's story ever since meeting him in I Want It That Way, which is part of the reason I would have loved this book to be from his perspective. The other reason is that it was very difficult for me to connect with the main character Courtney. She's missing the warmth that I found so inviting and relatable in Nadia and ...more
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review

[image error]

#shape

**Review also posted on Four Chicks Flipping Pages**

The Shape of My Heart is the final book of the 2B Trilogy Series and it focuses on Courtney and Max. Courtney has always been attracted to her friend and roommate Max but they never crossed that line from friends to something more. That is until Max ask Courtney to accompany him to his grandfather funeral. In a couple of days, the blurred lines surrounding their friendship/relati
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖amante de los spoilers✖
3.5

Entretenido, como que al final me canso un poco porque sentí que los personajes ya tuvieron un "cierre" y la autora seguía alargando la historia pero igual me gusto. La relación entre ambos es muy tierna y Courtney es una protagonista genial. Y me encanto que Max esta re bien sobre ella siendo bisexual y no es como esos típicos imbéciles ignorantes que preguntan si pueden hacer un trió solo porque ella es bisexual.(view spoiler)
Nina
Oct 07, 2014 Nina rated it it was amazing
SO MUCH LOVE. Bisexual, feminist, sex-positive, nerdy female MC without a "perfect" body and with the weirdest sense of humor ever? Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! So tired of the stereotypical pretty girl who doesn't know she's pretty until a guy tells her so, and Courtney was such a breath of fresh air in the world of YA romance. Ann Aguirre, please keep up this series!
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
The Shape of My Heart was a truly satisfying end to the 2B Trilogy. I admit I was ambivalent when I first learned that the final book would focus on Max and Courtney. While Max had always been an interesting character, I had no feelings for/interest in Courtney. I should have known that Aguirre would change that quickly because she did the same for me in the second book.

photo shape-02_zpsa068c458.jpg

Courtney and Max are roommates and friends who have also shared a couple make-out sessions when they've been drunk/lonely/cur
Kelly
Jan 18, 2015 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Courtney and Max slayed me. We got to know Max some in the previous books and he's come across as a player. Seeing the other side of him--the side he doesn't show ANYONE until Courtney comes along--knocked me dead. They guy's a total sweetheart. I just <3 him so hard.

Which isn't to say Courtney's not a sweetheart. She is. I like the girl. I like her a lot. The stuff she put up with from her parents hurt. Her stoic acceptance that she's not pretty kinda got to me. I admired her attitude and he
La Mala ✌
3.5

Aclaración: Es probable que le este dando puntaje extra porque estoy de muuy buen humor tras haber dormido más de las tres horas que venía tratando de dormir esta semana. Aún así...

Aclaración 2: ¿Se acuerdan de los Backstreet Boys?? ¿Se acuerdan? ¡Volvieron! ¡En forma de títulos de serie NA!

Me encantó esta novela. Super dulce, super entretenida y, por encima de todo, muy bien lograda la química entre los dos protagonistas principales, la amistad entre ambos es lo mejor que tiene este libro.

Lo
Darcy
This one is by far my favorite of the series. I think a big part of it was because so much of Courtney and Max's relationship started out in friendship. While they had a good start going as roommates it was the trip to face Max's past that solidified things for them. Max was very vulnerable and Courtney got to see it all, allowing her to admire the person that Max is now.

I did hate how each of them didn't want to admit that they wanted more with each other, but understood that each was afraid th
Shannon
The Shape of My Heart

The Characters

Max Cooper is unbelievably sweet.
Courtney Kaufman a bit lost in the beginning but finds her way.

The Story

I had no idea Max had so much going on under the surface. Courtney was a question from the time she moved in. I’m glad they acted on their feelings.

The Random Thoughts

If I write Ann a heartfelt letter complete with tear stains do you think I can get her to revive the characters in this trilogy and keep writing about them?

4 Stars
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
*I received a free ARC of The Shape of My Heart from Harlequin HQN via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review*

Fantastic! Fun, raw, deep, romantic, sexy, sad, tough and beautiful!

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Zoe and the Edge
Jan 14, 2015 Zoe and the Edge rated it really liked it
I love Ann Aguirre so much.

“The apology was fine. But if you ever do anything like that again, I’m making a quilt out of your underwear.”
“That’s disturbing on so many levels.” He paused a beat. “For instance, you can sew?”
“Don’t judge. Junior year, I made my own prom dress.”

I already was looking forward to Courtney's book after her brief mention in Nadia's story. Because Courtney is hilarious. I love her humour.
And I love that she and Max have a friends to lovers premise. I like that Max and C
Deniz
Nov 25, 2014 Deniz rated it really liked it
What to say about The Shape of my heart? It was my favorite in the series, it was also the most angst-filled and dramatic. And truthfully, I just, well, loved it. Not because this was written any better or the story line was so much better. Nope, that's actually not it. I think. Honestly? I am not quite sure why, actually. But I was a contently sighing puddle of emotions by time I was finished.

The prose is great. It's Aguirre we speaking about, so duh! I think she is a great writer.... And in T
Terri
Nov 24, 2014 Terri rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review also found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher Harlequin via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This was the third instalment in the 2B trilogy and I had previously read the first book so I was excited to get my hands on this. I unfortunately have not yet read the middle story however I will be eager to get my hands on that one as well. The good news is that these can be read as stand alones however there are char
Alex (Lexie)
Jan 03, 2015 Alex (Lexie) rated it really liked it
So at first I didn't know or noticed that this book is the last of the trilogy. :o I was doing my book lottery thing and this is the first book I picked through that lottery. And I was searching it at Goodreads and shocked to see it's the third book. I contemplated reading the first two one but I checked out the summary of each. Thank God it's different people for each book. SO I'm safe to read it without reading the other two since this can be a stand alone. :)

Pretty fun! I love that the Courtn
caren

I absolutely loved Courtney's gumption and Max's sweet vulnerability. The whole friends to more thing is one of my favorite things to read, although in this one, it felt a little abrupt, it eventually worked itself out. These two reminded me a little of my husband and I the way they meshed so well together (most of the time). My heart broke near the end for lots of reasons, and there was some definite punch-you-in-the-face type urges for some of the characters, but it all came together beautiful
Kadbury
Dec 10, 2014 Kadbury rated it liked it

Disclosure: This is the first book I have read in the series and I definitely think it can be read as a standalone novel.

Very enjoyable read. Definitely going to check out this series.I really enjoy Ann Aguirre's urban fantasy series so I wasn't sure whether I would enjoy this but I did.The whole shift from roommates to best friends to romantic interests was believable and interesting.

I had a problem withe the main character Courtney at first but I started sympathizing with her once
Marla Mei
What I loved about this is that the female MC didn't necessarily have to be beautiful to gain the love and attention of the male MC. The relationship between Max and Courtney began as friendship first before they became lovers next. I have always believed that a relationship rooted in friendship is what makes the relationship blossom beautifully and makes it last. And this is what Max and Courtney have here. Friendship first, sexy times later.
Violante
Mar 31, 2015 Violante marked it as to-read
Recommended to Violante by: Mics
Parte del reto, Be feminist.

Estoy cansada de leer tantas cosas denigrantes y espantosas, así que me propongo leer más libros y autoras feministas (si no saben qué es el feminismo o quieren informarse más, pueden chusmear por acá). O en su defecto, libros sin girl-hate, slut-shaming... ya me entienden. No duden en recomendar.
Katie
Oct 17, 2016 Katie rated it liked it
Gahhhh I wanted to love this one! Ultimately it comes down to I didn't feel like Max and Courtney had romantic chemistry. They were great friends and got along! I can understand attraction but I felt the romance between them forced. Other than that the book tackled some great topics (bisexuality in particular) and definitely loved the epilogue!

lgbtq: mc bi
Emma
Dec 06, 2014 Emma added it
Shelves: read-a-long
Buddy read with the lovely Pili!

Brilliant. Such a great end to a series, I wish she would continue it... Ty has stolen my heart though.

Rating - 4.5
Veronika

"You're the only person in the whole world who knows exactly who I am."

The Shape of My Heart had a lot to live up to given that the previous two books, I Want It That Way and As Long As You Love Me, are two of my favorite New Adult Romance novels. While the final book was a little less amazing than the first two it was very enjoyable and realistic as always.

The first time Max was introduced to us in I Want It That Way I wasn't sure I was going to like him
Heidi
Nov 24, 2014 Heidi rated it liked it
Three and a half stars: A bit too much drama, but still a nice romance.

Max is used to working hard and getting kicked in the teeth. Life has never been easy for him, but he picks himself up and dusts off time and time again. The last thing he is expecting when Courtney moves in is to fall in love with yet another roommate, but Courtney fills in that hole in his heart. Soon they are fast friends, but they both are denying their attraction. Will Max at last find love?
What I Liked:
*This the third a
Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews)
Jun 23, 2015 Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
The review is also available on my blog, Bows & Bullets Reviews

Courtney has already met and lost the love of her life. After that, all interludes are just meaningless relationships. She doesn’t want to fall in love again. She invests in friendship and has an active love life, but she’s not looking for anything super long-term. Until Max makes her start thinking that he might just be the next serious thing. Max has went through his adult life hiding the pain of his adolescence. He’s been on h
Monique
I received this book as an e-ARC free from Netgalley. Below is my review.

So, into the last book of this trilogy. I'm excited it's Max's book. I'm sorry it's not Max's POV. But none of the books have included the male POV so it's not a big deal. I've loved Max from book 1 and am excited for him to get his own book.

Unfortunately, there is a fatal flaw in each of these books, and this book's flaw comes out within 6 pages. When I read romance I don't enjoy getting bogged down in politics and politic
Lindsay
Dec 05, 2014 Lindsay rated it it was amazing
This book was most definitely my favorite of the three. Hands down. It had a much grittier feel to the whole book. Nadia’s story had been clean and more wholesome. Lauren’s story was definitely sexier, but still seemed too easy to me. I like my romance to be complicated. Courtney and Max had all the steam, angst, and complications, and I really felt like they had to work for that Happily Ever After. It was everything I had hoped for in this series finale!

Ann’s characters are all so completely di
Vangelina
Dec 10, 2015 Vangelina rated it really liked it
Freaking loved it.
Find this review and more at Painful Reads

I've read a lot of NA books over the past three years. Most are either set during the beginning of college or after graduation, and very rarely do I come across books that show the stress of the transition between the two. The Shape of My Heart is one of those rarities.

Before I say anymore, I give praise to Ann Aguirre's writing style. I swear, every time I read one of her books I need a dictionary. And I love that I need to do that. B
  • London Falling (International School, #2)
  • Snowed In with Her Ex (Brides and Belles #1)
  • One Night (Only You, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Bridal Bargain (Bound by Gold #1)
  • A Wife for One Year (Those Engaging Garretts! Book 5)
  • Rebound (Boomerang, #2)
  • From Fake to Forever (Newlywed Games #2)
  • Make it Last (Bowler University, #3)
  • What the Bride Didn't Know (The Wests, #3)
  • Sky High (Attraction #3)
  • A Man of Honor
  • Merger of the Heart (Glenwood Falls, #1)
  • The Geek Billionaire Makeover
  • Luck on the Line (On the Verge #1)
  • Just a Little Kiss (Crush, #3)
  • One Night with Her Ex
  • Resisting Her Rival (Stealing the Heart, #2)
  • One Week (HaleStorm #1)
Ann Aguirre is a New York Times &amp; USA Today bestselling author with a degree in English Literature; before she began writing full time, she was a clown, a clerk, a voice actress, and a savior of stray kittens, not necessarily in that order. She grew up in a yellow house across from a cornfield, but now she lives in sunny Mexico with her husband, children, and various pets. She likes all kinds ...more
More about Ann Aguirre...

2B Trilogy (3 books)
  • I Want It That Way (2B Trilogy #1)
  • As Long As You Love Me (2B Trilogy, #2)