Start by marking “The Rawhide Man” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Rawhide Man

Diana Palmer

The Rawhide Man

IT WAS A MARRIAGE OF CONVENIENCE...

But convenient for whom? Jude Langston had practically kidnapped Bess White and brought her to his San Antonio ranch. It wasn't that he'd wanted her so desperately--he didn't even like Bess. No, Jude's cool green eyes were firmly fixed on the shares of his company that she'd inherited.

Bess had always thought of Jude as the Rawhide Man--le
ebook
Published May 14th 2014 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about The Rawhide Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rawhide Man

Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
This is a nice usual DP fare with a domineering asshat hero and a sweet southern belle in a moc situation with the h browbeaten into it rather than it being a mutual decision-not that she objected strongly!
But it lacked some certain something so that complete satisfaction was just out of reach.

I won’t go into much detail and only point out certain things. There are many good reviews here like the one by my friend Janie.

The H has the typical DP H’s blow-hot-blow-cold technique leaving the h emot
Janie
Rating: 5 stars.
Rereading: August 12 2016
First read: June 2011

I really love Rawhide Man.

Bess, isn't a destitute damsel in distress like many of DP's heroines, but she was not spoiled and was quite down to earth. However, a doormat she is! Regardless I loved her. She loved Jude and suffered a forced marriage with him.

Jude, our hero, married Bess to take control of her shares, to become a majority shareholder. Throughout the whole book, he was an arse to Bess, and was even prancing around with B
Joy
Oct 03, 2012 Joy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
According to the above blurb I find myself it seems consistently swimming against the tide.

DP's books that I have reviewed so far have the irritatingly frustrating habit of making the female leads out to be empty headed and without backbone or worse they start off strong then somehow lose themselves. Yet I know I read a couple at least that weren’t like this but I have no intention of finding them any time soon, I’ll mark the remaining books of hers that I read a few years back and leave it at t
Aarann
2.5 stars. (Updated to round down to 2 stars because seriously, this book didn't deserve 3)

Making this one quick, mostly because it's only been a day since I finished this and I've already forgotten a bunch of it. The heroine was ridiculously stupid and the hero was, as usual, the normal abusive, wishy-washy alphole Palmer male who can't make up his mind from page to page how he feels about the female. It's normal Diana Palmer fare. If you have a love for Palmer, you'll probably like this one. I
Amanda Sheila
I loved it.

The idea is intriguing to me, even since the very beginning. I knew this book is going to be a bumpy ride. Marriage that Bess didn't want and she literally being held then dragged from her home? Awesome. To be honest, I think Jude's a bit annoying and step over the boundaries a bit too far. He's plain rude and his remarks are just harsh. BUt then again, very typical Hero of Diana Palmer that I always liked. Color me shallow, I don't mind. For an evening read, this book is just nice.
Jenny
Aug 27, 2014 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: made-me-swoon
Hero marries heroine in order to claim her oil shares, she marries him cause she adores his daughter but thanks to her stepsister and heroine's obsessive jealousy their marriage is a battlefield.

Loved the angst. Heroine was not your usual DP heroine. She got on my nerves so many times I wanted to slap her. Her insecurities and fears were unfounded and I don't know how hero put up with her. Still I loved the ending, the pregnancy, the accident and their declaration of love was swoon-worthy!
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Seriously? These guys really need to find better ways to express their amorous intents!! This books simply pushed my patience too much with the whole virgin/guardian's got the hots-I mean loves her but doesn't know how to show it/doesn't want to show it 'cause all women are just like the ONE vile manipulative BIT&H from his past.

Whatever!
Mandy
Okay, I don't know what to think about this one. He was such a jerk. I wanted to smack him more often than not. I don't get why he treated her like crud when he wanted her so much. It
Amy
May 12, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Contemporary cowboy story
Just reread this book -- great escapism reading!
Mandy Menasco
Oct 23, 2016 Mandy Menasco rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great story
Jessica
Aug 07, 2015 Jessica rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
SPOILERS!!! Cinderella, the twisted version.
Did we all read the same book? This book is terrible and completely depressing. Plot holes. Why did Bess' mom hate Jude? Whatever happened to his corporation he was afraid of losing control over? That was the whole reason he was marrying her so he could take control of her shares. There is no love, how is this classified as romance? First off the plot is hard to believe, but since this is fiction I can let that go. How he treated someone he didn't want
Kaycee Sapinoso
Honestly, reading this book was bad for my heart. I mean it's really sad to watch the hero treated the heroine badly; verbally abusing her. It's a actually a big NO-NO for me. Still, I kept coming back. I kept reading about them. I really can't get enough of them - especially Diana Palmer's books. I guess I'm a sucker for an asshat heroes. And whenever I want book that makes me feel that clenching feeling around my heart, Ms. Palmer's books never let me down.

Jude was your typical DP hero. He is
Christie P.
May 08, 2015 Christie P. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: contemporary
Not only has Bess White just lost her mother but now Jude Langston has shown up telling her she's leaving with him, going to his home, and marrying him. They're getting married even though they don't even like one another. The only reason Bess is going through with this is Jude's daughter.

So Bess agrees to this farce of a marriage to give Jude her shares of her mother's oil shares and to give his daughter a mom, the kind of mom Bess wishes she always had.

Bess and Clint stumble along through beco
Marisa Valle
I felt that Bess was a bit spineless. She basically allowed Jude to do whatever he wanted with her. Judge was an obnoxious jerk who had few redeeming qualities that only emerged at the end. I'm glad Bess eventually retrieved a little of her pride & dignity but I still think she should have made him suffer more. It seemed as if Jude changed drastically with no apparent reason because it didn't even seem as if he liked Bess at all one day and all of a sudden he wanted to make it up to her the ...more
Consuela Rossetto
Era stato un matrimonio d’interesse, ma chi ne aveva tratto vantaggio?
Jude Langston aveva praticamente rapito Bess, ma non era certo stato spinto da una passione sfrenata.
Bess, dal canto suo, aveva sempre considerato Jude un tipo poco raccomandabile: bello, arrogante e diabolico.

Per gli appassionati di questa autrice vi suggerisco di leggere l'articolo di Alexandra, ci troverete davvero TUTTO sull'autrice e i suoi romanzi: http://bibliotecaromantica.blogspot.i...
Melanie
Too short for my liking. I couldn't really connect with the characters. It is just that they are introduced and they have always been in love. Pride keeps them from talking. Quick Read Not much to evaluate on....
Pam H
I need to learn to close a book once I dislike either H or h. In this case - they both drove me nuts and I still finished it. The dialogue was atrocious, she was a ninny, the stepsister is just as dumb and he was an ass. The only tolerable one was the daughter.
DA4Pups
H wants h shares of stock and coerces a MOC. A lot of push/pull - h discovers she's pregnant. Catches H and stepsister kissing. h runs and has an accident and ends up in the emergency room. Nothing is what is seemed, everyone kisses and makes up.
Natalie
Jun 26, 2016 Natalie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the story, just think it went a little over the top with the repeating things over and over. But will continue reading this author.
Anita
Wow this book was emotional if the moment wasn't then what the heroine was feelings got intense. Love every Diana Palmer that she has written and love every character that she has written.
GLoria Marks
GLoria Marks rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2015
Joyce Lassen
Joyce Lassen rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2014
S.
S. rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2015
Mia Adorable
Mia Adorable rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2010
Hot Reading Mom
Hot Reading Mom rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2013
V Jean Smith
V Jean Smith rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
Ladybug
Ladybug rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2016
Mycirenae Shelton
Mycirenae Shelton rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2013
Nikolina
Nikolina rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2015
Noemail
might own 2 copies
  • The Italian's Token Wife
  • Mansion for My Love
  • Cavelli's Lost Heir (Modern Romance)
  • The Italian Billionaire's Ruthless Revenge
  • Istri Simpanan
  • The Sicilian's Virgin Bride
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • An Insatiable Passion
  • Return to Santa Flores
  • An Insatiable Passion
  • Sweet Wind, Wild Wind
  • The Billionaire's Bride of Innocence (Three Rich Husbands, #3)
  • Hester Waring's Marriage
  • Public Marriage, Private Secrets
  • Wife by Agreement
  • Claiming His Pregnant Wife (Harlequin Romance Manga)
  • Levelling the Score
  • Savage Surrender

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...