Start by marking “Heather's Song” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Heather's Song

Diana Palmer

Heather's Song (Brannt Family)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  356 ratings  ·  16 reviews
ALL SHE EVER WANTED

Cole Everett watched Heather Shaw grow from a child into a girl hovering on the edge of womanhood...and then watched her walk away from him to make it as a singer. Just as her career is taking off, an accident brings Heather back to the ranch and back to Cole.

But it is far from a happy homecoming. Heather is confused by her growing awareness of Cole as a
ebook
Published May 14th 2014 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Heather's Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heather's Song

jenjn79
A rather archaic romance. Which, considering that it was written by Diana Palmer, who tends to be old-fashioned as it is, and that it was published in 1982, isn't surprising. The book has a double-whammy in that sense when it comes to values, personalities and whatnot.

Cole Everett and Heather Shaw have been step-siblings since Heather was about 13. They got along great until Heather got older and things changed. Then she decided to pursue a singing career, something Cole did not approve of, and
Aayesha
So this book marks the end of my DP phase. I might get back to my Vintage Harleys now. Anyways, about the book. It wasn't really a good read for me, mostly for 2 reasons - Heather and the possible-incest theme.

Heather turned hot and cold in moments and I didn't like her reluctance considering intimacy with Cole. She took the innocent virgin act way too far. Cole himself was okay. I don't know why, but I don't feel much for alpha heroes anymore :( I used to love overbearing alphaholes! *sniffle*

T
Amanda Sheila
Don't you just love Diana Palmer? :)

I like this book's twist, especially in the end. But to be honest, I'm not a fan of both Heather and Cole. Sure, Heather's typical virgin-sheltered kind of heroine and Cole's alpha-jerk Hero. But in this book they're just annoying to read.

Cole's unstable behavior really make me ick. At some point he goes boomboompow towards Heather and the he pushed her away with a real harsh words. I don't like it.
And Heather, she's just too meek! I liked her, but she needs
sbf20112011
3.5 stars. Definitely old and a little goofy -- a few lines made me laugh out loud, they were so silly (something about the hero's "oriental cologne," lots of cigarettes and cigarette tossing, including into the ocean). And it has that old-fashioned feel, where the hero would be saying things implying that he if she didn't watch out he was pretty much ready to rape her, but what he really meant was that he was going to kiss her a bunch and not even get to second base. The characters were likable ...more
Booked
Another vouch to Diana Palmer! It definitely delivers. There's that great tension that wraps around a tortured hero and unawakened heroine which really starts at the very beginning. It's surprisingly different because usually it builds up to that breaking point of awareness. Diana Palmer takes it another level and she doesn't disappoint. Cole's passion has this raw, primitive, manly, earthy and honest vitality to it that I can't really fault Heather's reaction. Whew! He was all man!

If I have to
Ashley Diana
Alright so my best friend's birthday is coming in a few days and I thought that carving out a book would be nice. I was looking through my bookshelf when I came across a large printed copy of Heather's Song I got from the library for 25 cents. Since I don't want a good book to go to waste, I decided to read a couple of pages and see if it was worth turning it into a mini storage box.

A few minutes later, I began measuring the pages to decide how long the inside of the box should be.

Was it the not
Tia
The heroine had to grow up crazy fast in this novel, after the hero knocked her down so hard, she definitely bruised. I thought the hero was being a douche but eventually he worked it out. The hero and heroine had some serious issues with each other but ultimately worked everything out. There is one thing I would of changed though, the heroine should of punched Tessa straight in the face.
Missy
A sweet charming sensual old fashioned love story. Sometimes both the hero & heroine annoy the heck out you with their virgin fears & he-man outlook. But you stick around hoping they find happily ever after & the spoiled evil jealous witch next door gets her just reward.
Jenny
Good book with a rancher hero and a singer heroine. Chemistry was not that intense though.
Lianna
Couldn't finish this. I'm not a fan of step sibling love stories. I tried to keep reading, but the Cole guy was so rude. Saying things like you belong to me and you're my possession. Psh whatever. And the main character is just weak and apologizing for nothing. You didn't do anything! The guy is just a jerk and not to mention your brother. Step or not. Ridiculous.

Go find a guy that will treat you right and doesn't try to make you feel like you've been doing something wrong. A guy who will own up
Marjorie
Heather Shaw has always been in love with her stepbrother Cole Everett. She leaves the ranch to try and become a famous singer. Cole follows her and soon they overcome their pasts and unite.

Typical Diana Palmer book with familiar story line.
Poonam
This is a typical Diana Palmer book with a alpha male and shy innocent heroine.
If you like old romance you will enjoy this.

There were some issues that could have been solved by just speaking out. Hence jus a 3 star.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
May 13, 2011 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
Ok. Sure. Taking deep cleansing breaths. Again, another Diana Palmer jerk hero courting a tender young thang who just so happens to be his stepsister. Again!
N.u.m.b S.S
Jun 28, 2011 N.u.m.b S.S marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
مازلت بالصفحات ال٥٠ الاولى ... القصة مملة ، ما اظن راح اكملها بالوقت الحاضر
TheRLPL Rice Lake Public Library
Patron Review:
Good book. Relaxing and fun to read.
Crystal Stewart
Crystal Stewart marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Michele Stewart
Michele Stewart marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Ellen Glock thomas
Ellen Glock thomas marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
  • Taboo
  • Waking Up
  • Melting Fire
  • The Reluctant Fiancee
  • Dark Illusion (Harlequin Romance, No 3354)
  • White Satin (Loveswept #82)
  • A Reason For Marriage (Harlequin Presents, No 1041)
  • Against the Rules
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • Married to a Mistress (The Husband Hunters, #1)
  • On Thin Ice
  • Forbidden Fire
  • Purchased: His Perfect Wife (Wedlocked!)
  • Rule's Property (The House of Rule, #2)
  • The Kiss (Widows Club, #2)
  • The Morning After
  • Seducing Mr. Right
  • Eyes Like a Wolf

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's liberation movement many years before it became fashionab
More about Diana Palmer...
Lawless Heartless (Long, Tall Texans, #36) Lawman (STP - Mira) Fearless (Long, Tall Texans, #35) Renegade