Start by marking “Heather's Song” as Want to Read:
Heather's Song

Heather's Song (Brannt Family)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  408 ratings  ·  21 reviews
ALL SHE EVER WANTED

Cole Everett watched Heather Shaw grow from a child into a girl hovering on the edge of womanhood...and then watched her walk away from him to make it as a singer. Just as her career is taking off, an accident brings Heather back to the ranch and back to Cole.

But it is far from a happy homecoming. Heather is confused by her growing awareness of Cole as a
ebook
Published May 2014 by Harlequin Books (first published July 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Heather's Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heather's Song

jenjn79
A rather archaic romance. Which, considering that it was written by Diana Palmer, who tends to be old-fashioned as it is, and that it was published in 1982, isn't surprising. The book has a double-whammy in that sense when it comes to values, personalities and whatnot.

Cole Everett and Heather Shaw have been step-siblings since Heather was about 13. They got along great until Heather got older and things changed. Then she decided to pursue a singing career, something Cole did not approve of, and
Amanda Sheila
Don't you just love Diana Palmer? :)

I like this book's twist, especially in the end. But to be honest, I'm not a fan of both Heather and Cole. Sure, Heather's typical virgin-sheltered kind of heroine and Cole's alpha-jerk Hero. But in this book they're just annoying to read.

Cole's unstable behavior really make me ick. At some point he goes boomboompow towards Heather and the he pushed her away with a real harsh words. I don't like it.
And Heather, she's just too meek! I liked her, but she needs
Kaycee Sapinoso
I never get tired of reading Ms. Palmer's books even though sometimes I want to hit her hero in the face for being such a douche bag! But anyways, I still did enjoy it. I think this was my first read with stepbrother/stepsister theme. And I loved how Diana Palmer shows the transition from a platonic relationship to a romantic relationship. Started slow, then it got a little sweet and sexy. The last half was much more angsty.

Heather Shaw and Cole Everett have been step-siblings since she was 13 w
Aayesha
So this book marks the end of my DP phase. I might get back to my Vintage Harleys now. Anyways, about the book. It wasn't really a good read for me, mostly for 2 reasons - Heather and the possible-incest theme.

Heather turned hot and cold in moments and I didn't like her reluctance considering intimacy with Cole. She took the innocent virgin act way too far. Cole himself was okay. I don't know why, but I don't feel much for alpha heroes anymore :( I used to love overbearing alphaholes! *sniffle*

T
Katina
Love old school Diana Palmer!
Kay
Mar 23, 2015 Kay rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebooks
sbf20112011
3.5 stars. Definitely old and a little goofy -- a few lines made me laugh out loud, they were so silly (something about the hero's "oriental cologne," lots of cigarettes and cigarette tossing, including into the ocean). And it has that old-fashioned feel, where the hero would be saying things implying that he if she didn't watch out he was pretty much ready to rape her, but what he really meant was that he was going to kiss her a bunch and not even get to second base. The characters were likable ...more
Booked
Another vouch to Diana Palmer! It definitely delivers. There's that great tension that wraps around a tortured hero and unawakened heroine which really starts at the very beginning. It's surprisingly different because usually it builds up to that breaking point of awareness. Diana Palmer takes it another level and she doesn't disappoint. Cole's passion has this raw, primitive, manly, earthy and honest vitality to it that I can't really fault Heather's reaction. Whew! He was all man!

If I have to
Tia
The heroine had to grow up crazy fast in this novel, after the hero knocked her down so hard, she definitely bruised. I thought the hero was being a douche but eventually he worked it out. The hero and heroine had some serious issues with each other but ultimately worked everything out. There is one thing I would of changed though, the heroine should of punched Tessa straight in the face.
Ashley
Alright so my best friend's birthday is coming in a few days and I thought that carving out a book would be nice. I was looking through my bookshelf when I came across a large printed copy of Heather's Song I got from the library for 25 cents. Since I don't want a good book to go to waste, I decided to read a couple of pages and see if it was worth turning it into a mini storage box.

A few minutes later, I began measuring the pages to decide how long the inside of the box should be.

Was it the not
Missy
A sweet charming sensual old fashioned love story. Sometimes both the hero & heroine annoy the heck out you with their virgin fears & he-man outlook. But you stick around hoping they find happily ever after & the spoiled evil jealous witch next door gets her just reward.
Spinneretta
A typical early Palmer. it's interesting to read these having read the books concerning the children of the characters in these books.
Jenny
Good book with a rancher hero and a singer heroine. Chemistry was not that intense though.
Lianna
Couldn't finish this. I'm not a fan of step sibling love stories. I tried to keep reading, but the Cole guy was so rude. Saying things like you belong to me and you're my possession. Psh whatever. And the main character is just weak and apologizing for nothing. You didn't do anything! The guy is just a jerk and not to mention your brother. Step or not. Ridiculous.

Go find a guy that will treat you right and doesn't try to make you feel like you've been doing something wrong. A guy who will own up
Marjorie
Heather Shaw has always been in love with her stepbrother Cole Everett. She leaves the ranch to try and become a famous singer. Cole follows her and soon they overcome their pasts and unite.

Typical Diana Palmer book with familiar story line.
Elaine
Well, well, Diana's done it again. Another of the love/hate relationships with a twist. I sometimes hate the hero. Cole was a domineering, bossy, authoritative etc. jerk! But by the end he turned out okay. Great read!
Poonam
This is a typical Diana Palmer book with a alpha male and shy innocent heroine.
If you like old romance you will enjoy this.

There were some issues that could have been solved by just speaking out. Hence jus a 3 star.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
May 13, 2011 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
Ok. Sure. Taking deep cleansing breaths. Again, another Diana Palmer jerk hero courting a tender young thang who just so happens to be his stepsister. Again!
N.u.m.b S.S
Jun 28, 2011 N.u.m.b S.S marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
مازلت بالصفحات ال الاولى ... القصة مملة ، ما اظن راح اكملها بالوقت الحاضر ...more
TheRLPL Rice Lake Public Library
Patron Review:
Good book. Relaxing and fun to read.
Millie
Millie marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Kathy Herstine
Kathy Herstine marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Lisa Hall
Lisa Hall marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Somayya
Somayya marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
  • The Reluctant Fiancee
  • Melting Fire
  • White Satin (Loveswept #82)
  • Waking Up
  • The Sicilian's Innocent Mistress
  • Taboo (Shades of Deception, #2)
  • Dark Illusion
  • A Reason For Marriage (Harlequin Presents, No 1041)
  • Making Her His (A Singular Obsession, #1)
  • Disturbing Stranger
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • Against the Rules
  • Giant of Mesabi (Minnesota, Americana, #23)
  • Rule's Property (The House of Rule, #2)
  • My Surrender (The Rose Hunters Trilogy #3)
  • Married to a Mistress (The Husband Hunters, #1)

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's liberation movement many years before it became fashionab
More about Diana Palmer...

Brannt Family (4 books)
  • To Love and Cherish
  • Wyoming Tough (Wyoming Men, #1)
  • The Rancher (Brannt Family #4)
Lawless Heartless (Long, Tall Texans, #36) Lawman (STP - Mira) Fearless (Long, Tall Texans, #35) Dangerous (Long, Tall Texans, #37)