Start by marking “The Ultimate Playboy” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Ultimate Playboy
Maya Blake

The Ultimate Playboy (21st Century Gentleman's Club #1)

3.28 of 5 stars 3.28  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  17 reviews
A virgin in the lion's den...

Tonight at the gaming tables of the impossibly exclusive gentleman's club Q Virtus ruthless billionaire Narciso Valentino is finally about to destroy his enemy. But one look at the club's curvaceous hostess assigned to see to his every need and he's willing to delay the moment of satisfaction--for another kind altogether....

Talented chef Ruby T
ebook, Harlequin Presents, 192 pages
Published July 1st 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Ultimate Playboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ultimate Playboy

Alex is The Romance Fox
The first book in The 21st Century Gentleman’s Club Mini-Series – 3 interlinked stories of three powerful, rich and passionate friends, set in exotic and fabulous locations, written by 3 Mills & Boon authors.
 photo images1_zps80294044.jpg
Q Virtus, the most secret and exclusive club, where only the invited members of power and wealth meet to network and play. A private world of money and pleasure.
Narciso Valentino, a rich and powerful playboy has accepted the invitation to the club’s quarterly conference being held in
This follows the lines of a traditional Mills&Boon although the author adds in a bit of a modern twist by having Ruby's parents be stars of a Reality Show and Ruby herself entering a Reality TV show to win money to set herself up with a Restaurant (her and her parents are Chefs).

Ruby has to track Narciso down as the TV show went back on their word. The initial interactions with Narciso and Ruby were good and quite witty. Then we learn they both have 'Daddy' issues. Narciso's in particular se
Lupita Figueroa BookLoverRomantic
Una historia de amor instantáneo pero atrapa y entretiene bastante, con tórridas escenas sensuales. No es la gran cosa, pero la disfruté.
The Ultimate Playboy is one of those rare HPs where the focus stays on building the story and what a compelling romance that was built.

What I liked- the story. Hero and heroine both had parental issues. This story dealt with it and their slow burn romance. The romance. I liked the instalust and also I liked they didn't have instasex too early. The hero. I loved how he handled the heroine. He didn't let her tendency to argue take away his manly bits. He was wealthy, powerful and badass alpha. The
Guilty Pleasures
Paige‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Review copy provided for an honest review

I love the premise of the book but this fell a bit short for me.
I had a hard time getting into the book and subsequently finishing it. I didn’t feel a connection between Ruby and Narcisco. They played the cat and mouse game a bit to long. Then it was a race to the end.
I didn’t see the player in Narcisco. He didn’t flaunt his conquests. He was rather tame when it came to womanizing.
I understand t
Hero was a very sexy man and heroine warm and strong. Enjoyable read.
Meagan Catherine
I feel like this book had so much potential for greatness but it just fell short. The initial interactions between Ruby & Narciso at club Q Virtus was really great, but I feel like after that it sort of went down hill. Both Ruby & Narciso were constantly running hot then cold & I found it kind of annoying. Maybe I went into it with too high of expectations, but I found myself disappointed.

The story started off great but then just kind of fizzled off. The ending and climax were very predictable, and that was disappointing because Narciso and Ruby's relationship war pretty strong until the end. For some reason they both started pulling away.
Tory Michaels
Not a bad book, just not the best I've read from HP this year.
A quick easy Harlequin read. I liked Ruby. She's a budding chef who won a cooking reality show with a prize of her own restaurant. When the show reneges, she's forced to track down the company's owner for help.

Narcisco, the owner, is a complete overbearing alpha male. He and Ruby bump heads from the first. She's sassy and doesn't take any of his crap. All she wants is what the show promised her. But that is not all she gets.

The Ultimate Playboy was an enjoyable read. There are 2 more books in
Harlequin Books
"Blake’s romance between this implausible couple is mystifying and exciting. The chemistry between her vengeful, überplayboy hero and her innocent, mistrusting heroine is palpable. The ultra-lavishness fits, the lovemaking is fiery and the honest dialogue between the couple is tangible" (RT Book Reviews). 4 1/2 stars

Miniseries: The 21st Century Gentleman's Club
Was it just 192 pages long?...(deep sigh) Because it felt much much longer and endless.
So long, so tedious...I got real tired reading it
I hope this is not the author's usual writing style, otherwise I'll have to consider ignoring her at all in the future.
I thought it was pretty good. I enjoyed their relationship and how it evolved. They definetaly had chemistry for sure nod it was a hot read.
Harlequin Books
received 4 1/2 stars @ RT Book Reviews
Miniseries: The 21st Century Gentleman's Club
Ellen Castillo
I enjoyed the story especially the emotions shown by the narciso and ruby.
Thoroughly enjoyed.
Diana marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Stylus Seven
Stylus Seven marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
CerysAnne marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Megan Lynn
Megan Lynn marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015 marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Never Say No to a Caffarelli (Those Scandalous Caffarellis, #1)
  • Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation
  • Capelli's Captive Virgin
  • A Debt Paid in Passion
  • A Queen for the Taking? (The Diomedi Heirs, #3)
  • The Billionaire's Bridal Bargain (Bound by Gold #1)
  • One Night to Risk It All (Holt Sisters #2)
  • Dealing Her Final Card (Princes Untamed, #1)
  • Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives #3)
  • Million Dollar Christmas Proposal
  • The Change in Di Navarra's Plan
  • The Magnate's Manifesto
  • A Deal with Benefits (One Night With Consequences, #2)
  • A Secret Until Now (One Night With Consequences, #3)
  • A Reputation to Uphold
  • Breaking the Sheikh's Rules

21st Century Gentleman's Club (3 books)
  • The Ultimate Seduction (21st Century Gentleman's Club #2)
  • The Ultimate Revenge (21st Century Gentleman's Club #3)
The Price Of Success What the Greek's Money Can't Buy (The Untamable Greeks, #1) What the Greek Can't Resist (The Untamable Greeks, #2) Blaze The Sinful Art of Revenge