Start by marking “Scrub-a-Dub Dead (Charlotte LaRue Mystery, #6)” as Want to Read:
Scrub-a-Dub Dead (Charlotte LaRue Mystery, #6)

Scrub-a-Dub Dead (Charlotte LaRue Mystery #6)

Doing a favor for a friend in need has Charlotte cleaning rooms at the New Orleans Jazzy Hotel. The historic Garden District mansion is serving as a home-away-from-home for Shreveport's chapter of the Red Scarf Sorority, a group of socially elite women in their forties.

While picking up beautiful red silk scarves from the floor of a room she's cleaning, Charlotte is start

Published December 1st 2007 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Scrub-a-Dub Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scrub-a-Dub Dead

Vickie
Jan 05, 2014 Vickie rated it liked it
I wasn't overwhelmed by this book, but I didn't feel compelled to set it aside as I am wont to do with other books that dismay me. I liked aspects and disliked others. I wanted to smack the main character upside the cranium for putting up with what she did from her neighbor/hopeful romantic partner. Him I wanted to smack in the lower extremities for being such a boor.
I did admire Charlotte for having her own business, raising a son on her own and having such a great work ethic. I was not overly
Jenny Maloney
Dec 01, 2010 Jenny Maloney rated it did not like it
Shelves: mystery
I was unimpressed with this book, and I think at least some of it has to be blamed on the editor. At the climatic moment, the narrator repeats herself--literally one paragraph reads almost identically to one preceding it. Augh! Frustration.

The main character, while grandmotherly and heart-in-the-right-place and all, was presented as rather hypocritical. "I won't snoop/eavesdrop/get involved" but she does. She's witnessed all of this drama surrounding the poor woman who was murdered and yet, beca
Robin Resch
Mar 21, 2016 Robin Resch rated it it was amazing
From start to finish it keeps you guessing "Who did it". Even if you don't read the series from the beginning you will not be lost or confused. I would recommend reading these from the first book, because they are that good.
Carol Waller
Apr 25, 2012 Carol Waller rated it did not like it
Shelves: mystery
Weakest of the set so far, even gave recipes. So much for my review of the previous book. This one was more forced, more repetitive. And the heroine's idiosycrancies start looking like stupidity and meanness (coulda, woulda, shoulda; I should tell someone but I won't and worse I will actively hide info).

This one is not because of rapid successive reading. This one doesn't stand alone (you wouldn't like Charlotte if you hadn't read the others; you could not care less about what happens to the ne
Tanya
Oct 31, 2015 Tanya rated it it was ok
I got this book not knowing that it is part of a series. I can't say that I enjoyed it too much. I don't think I would want to read the rest of the series unless I know they are a little more interesting than this particular book.
Molly Lautzenheiser
Jan 05, 2015 Molly Lautzenheiser rated it really liked it
Not a bad read. Started in the middle of this series but will for sure read the rest!
Mandy
Apr 28, 2012 Mandy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, romance
First book that I've read in this series. While I did find some aspects of this book entertaining, I doubt that I'll read anymore. Towards the end of the book I really got annoyed with the main chatacter. She was a constant contradiction: she doesn't want to get involved, but she goes through other people's belongings. How is that not getting involved? Also, there was a lot of repetition of dialogue and her thoughts to herself.
Candace
Apr 21, 2008 Candace rated it did not like it
I am having the HARDest time reading this one. Literally this is the book I go to in order to get a good nights sleep. Twice I've missed my stop on the train because of it, not because it's soooo good I can't put it down, but it seems as though I develop acute Narcalepsy when it's in my hands. Maybe this review should just say: BORING!
Holly
May 13, 2010 Holly rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-books, mystery
Set in Post Katrina New Orleans a maid solves crime. Easy to read. I fell asleep a few times reading this book. ZZZZZ. I had a hard time with the main character and her conscience. When you know valuable information about a double murder and you don't speak up on a timely manner....might read more from this author, might not.
Kathleen
Feb 02, 2010 Kathleen rated it liked it
Okay, every once in a while you just need pure escape in a quick to read, I can solve that, mode with a main character who you can enjoy and relate to and that's when you can turn to Colley's Charlotte LaRue series. This maid of New Orleans (bad historical pun, but apt description) has yet to fail for cozy reading.
Kay
Jan 29, 2008 Kay rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kay by: my mom
Shelves: fiction
a cozy louisiana story about an older detective who has a day job as a maid, who lends a grandmotherly voice to the novel. a couple style errors, but not enough to ruin the story. an easy read, perfect for a quiet afternoon.
Amy
Jun 10, 2010 Amy rated it it was ok
I would give this 2 1/2 stars but that is not an option...I like Mary Higgins Clark's mysteries better.
Valerie McNamee Earl
Oct 09, 2009 Valerie McNamee Earl rated it really liked it
Charlotte is always in the wrong place at the right time.
Good fun quick entertainment!
Yay!!
Michael crage
Another Charlotte LaRue Mystery book - not better no worse than the rest.
Cheryl
Jun 29, 2008 Cheryl rated it liked it
sn ejoyable book. Good beach read. I'll read other books of hers
Michelle
Nov 14, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it
I have read most of this series. A quick fun read!
Tina
Nov 29, 2013 Tina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I had some trouble getting into the story.
Linda
Nov 26, 2008 Linda rated it it was ok
Totally a fluff read, but fun.
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Lauren Bowes
Lauren Bowes marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Caitlyn
Caitlyn marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Tammy Goldthorpe
Tammy Goldthorpe marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Doreen
Doreen added it
Jun 28, 2016
skw
skw marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Viki
Viki added it
Jun 23, 2016
Deb H
Deb H added it
Jun 05, 2016
Linda May
Linda May marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
  • Perish by Pedicure (Bad Hair Day Mystery, #8)
  • Home for the Homicide (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery, #7)
  • Just Killing Time (Clock Shop Mystery, #1)
  • Knit, Purl, Die (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries, #2)
  • Hey Diddle Diddle, the Corpse and the Fiddle (A Callie Parrish Mystery #2)
  • Antiques Con (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery, #8)
  • Thrilled to Death (Samantha Shaw Mystery, #5)
  • Interior Motives (A Deadly Décor Mystery, #3)
  • Never Say Pie (A Pie Shop Mystery #2)
  • A Decadent Way to Die (Savannah Reid Mystery, #16)
  • Bitch Factor
  • A Catered Fourth of July (A Mystery with Recipes, #10)
  • Killer Wedding (Madeline Bean, #3)
  • The Merchant of Menace (Jane Jeffry, #10)
  • Bye-Bye, Black Sheep (A Mommy-Track Mystery, #7)
  • Sins of the Fathers (Family Tree, #2)
209925
Barbara Colley is an award-winning author whose books have been published in sixteen foreign languages. A native of Louisiana, she lives with her family in a suburb of New Orleans. Besides writing and sharing her stories, she loves strolling through the historical New Orleans French Quarter and Garden District, which inspired the setting for her Charlotte La Rue mystery series.
More about Barbara Colley...

Charlotte LaRue Mystery (8 books)
  • Maid for Murder (Charlotte LaRue Mystery, #1)
  • Death Tidies Up (Charlotte LaRue Mystery, #2)
  • Polished Off (Charlotte LaRue Mystery #3)
  • Wiped Out (Charlotte LaRue Mystery, #4)
  • Married to the Mop (Charlotte LaRue Mystery, #5)
  • Wash and Die (Charlotte LaRue Mystery #7)
  • Dusted To Death (Charlotte LaRue Mystery #8)